Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: September 11th - In remembrance

/me lights yet another candle in rememberance

candle

/me joins in on the candle-lighting and adds some more candles for the other unfortunate countries that've been through unfair treatment like this before and after the incident.

deng

A candle for those who died.

There's a sound heard across the land
    It's heard across the sea
    You'll only hear it if you listen with your hearts
    And one day hope to be free

To hear the sound of freedom many gave their lives
    They fought for you and me
    Those memories will always live in silence
    And now it's our time to be free

Where the eagles fly - I will soon be there
    If you want to - come along with me my friend
    Say the words and you'll be free
    From the mountains to the sea
    We'll fight for freedom again

Scream out loud for all the world to hear
    From sea to shining sea
    Let freedom ring and every man be king
    To live as one through the years

Now is the time we all must stand together
    So raise your hands show them we are strong
    Side by side the fight goes on forever
    Marching to the battle with this song

- Manowar, Fight for Freedom, written in remeberance of 11th sep 2001.
    "There is a storm coming! Our storm! - Paul Mua'dib"
    ---------------------------------------------
    Randomize argument in scripts!

The magical pony, scene1-5,6

Im glad there are trolls and whiners, gives people something to compare with. Makes the rest of us look better.

"Spam is not just something you do, its a way of life."

OOGA BOOGA.

lights a candle in remembrance

My condolences to all those that lost loved ones in the 9/11 tragedy, and best wishes to you all.

09/11/01 please never forget

/me joins in the moment of silence now
    Valroshe: 213 Trader Clan

Spdbuff : 130 Fixer Clan

Pround member of Arcane Circle

My type is:AES
    Achiever 66%
    Explorer 66%
    Socializer 40%
    Killer 26%

/me lights a candle.

My father was in the Pentagon during the attacks. I'm thankful that he's alive and well today and thankful for all my friends who were quick to be with me when I wasn't at my strongest and needed them to get through a tough time.

I won't forget.

I work in NY Harbor, I drive a workboat that cleans up oil spills. On Sept 11, along with most of the other tugs and workboats in the Harbor, we were sent to Manhattan to help evacuate the city and bring in supplies and rescue workers. We were there for 4 days.

It was the most horrifying thing I have ever experienced. Myself and my crew were never the same afterwards. I will never forget the look in the eyes of the rescue workers working at the site......utter despair. And the smell, I will never forget the smell.

To those who were there, or at the Pentagon, or lost loved ones in the attack, my heart goes out to you.

To those people in this community that I have met, I wish to thank you. The members of AO that I have met have, for the most part, been great. You really have made the past year that much better.

God Bless
    Demarcus "Cellestron" Lindner
    Agent, ~Mjlonir~

Living in the NJ/NYC area all my life, it seemed so odd then..and still now looking over the bay at the skyline past the bridge and to not see the twins standing there in full NYC glory. Its amazing how much we all had taken for granted before, and now how much we all appreciate how much we have.

September 11th is a day Im sure no one will forget. My family lost a love one.. friends, collegues. Whenever there is a memorial or rememberances on there is never a dry eye in our home.

To all that lost someone, lost hope or worse yet lost compassion,
    remember that NYC and our Nations Capital now have a mass amount of guardian angels, and we Americans have something that for a time alot of us had lost ,, our patriotism. We also have the support of many countries and the world has a new sence of awareness and we have all spoken out that terrorism will not be tolerated.

God Bless America,
    My heartfelt condolences to all that are mourning.

Di .. Aka Lux's Player

/me lights a candle

/me lights a candle

My heart goes out to all those who lost someone on that horrible day.

My thanks goes out to all those who showed the world what it means to be a hero.

I will never forget.
    The Deacon of Doom
    www.gridstream.org

Unhappy

/me lights a candle
    My small army on rbk2

NT
    Got Nullity Sphere?

Crat

trader
    <--flavor of the month

I See you!

/me lights yet another candle and prays to the spirits that what happened the 11th september will never happen again. But who knows what the future holds.
    "There is a storm coming! Our storm! - Paul Mua'dib"
    Randomize argument in scripts!

The magical pony, scene1-5,6

Im glad there are trolls and whiners, gives people something to compare with. Makes the rest of us look better.

"Spam is not just something you do, its a way of life."

OOGA BOOGA.

/me lightes another candle

Even though I'm not american, I know what this tragedy means for your country, your people and for the whole world.

My heart goes out to the families who lost their loved ones in the 9/11 attacks, and my deepest respect to the brave men and women who risked their lifes to save others.

/salute

Rav

That day 1 year ago was so horrible. Seeing places that I knew, been to covered in dust, abanoned or not there is still unimaginable. I wonder if I'll ever believe what I see in any of the footage of that day. My heart goes out to all the victims of Sept. 11th.
    I also want to thank the whole world who during that week showed so much support and sadness over this event.
    /me lights a candle

I am a little sad to say that when my parents first found out about it on TV at about 7:00 AM, I was half-asleep.

Mom: Kate, there's been an attack. You're not going to school today.
    me: nnggh
    Mom: It's on TV, you might want to see.
    me: ehh?
    Mom: Alright, go back to sleep, I'll explain later
    me: mmhmkay

Once I actually found out a few hours later, about 3 hours worth of information hit me like a train wreck...I had a cold feeling in my stomach all day. Tried to play TFC..couldn't. It just didn't feel right, playing a game that revolved around killing. My blessings and condolences go out to all the families who lost loved ones.

/me lights another candle and places it next to the long line.
    ~~~~~
    Katelin "Missmaul" Locknane -Sloooowly climbing her way out of the dank pits of gimpness. But stil crazy. Ya know...just in case you cared.

may peace find those who still suffer from 9/11. god bless American and all of us.
    Philip "Ramzie" Mabong
    SOLDIER
    ~SF~

/me lights a candle.

/me realizes he needs more candles and pulls out several hundred... thousand...

I'm a paramedic, and I was working that day. It's a day I'm not going to forget, ever. I am proud of my brothers and sisters who did their jobs that day, and some of them didn't come back.

I thought I could type more about this, but I can't. Go hug someone close to you and let what you feel be your strongest emotion.
    If you're looking for any of these programs -
    ClickSaver, PetNamer, Anarchy Online Inventory System (AOIS), Character Profiler, Chat Alert, or Log Reviewer, you can find them at this website here.

I was at home when i happened so i saw most of it on tv live. There are many images forever burned into my mind, but there is one that stood out from all the rest. That image is of the of scattered empty fire and ambulance trucks covered in dust right after the buildings collapsed. My prayers went out that day and for a long while after for all those that died, but my prayers where always extra strong for those those that rushed in when others rushed out. I had always had alot of respect for emergency workers and police officers but my view will never be the same of those brave men and women who risk thier lives every day to help us and our families safe.

/me lights a candle
    - lvl 200 neutral agent -

/me lights a candle.

As someone who has lost a person they care about to terrorists, my heart, love and prayers go out to everyone who has been touched by this, and my thanks and love go out to the brave rescue workers who risked, and lost, their lives so others could live.

hugs

lilnymph
    Lilnymph - Clan Fixer - RK1
    lilnymph wrote on November 21st, 2003 08:01:01:
    You may take our postcount threads, but you will never take our FREEDOM!!!!!
    Originally posted by Cz
    The post count is mine! All mine! Mwahahahah!

40.476190476190474% of me is a huge nerd! How about you?
    Style over Substance

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast