Thread: Omni's coordination of attack's... where is it???

Question Omni's coordination of attack's... where is it???

Ok... ive been to quite some lage scale battles now... i like it.. i realy do... But where the hell is the coordination?

Most omni complain about being out numbered ( we usualy are ).

But even when we are even, omni seem to louse.

And why?

Cuz we have no coordination what so ever...

a Omni attack is basikly X number of people zoneing in at the same time, and then only takeing care of them self's!

No 1 ever makes a chat channel...
    no 1 can agree on who to attack, so that the biggest threats can be killed first...

And when Omni do get controll people camp the bunker so closely they totaly kill of the fun, instead of moveing back to the hill and letting the clanners get ready to charge...
    they ALL stand 5m from the bunker and attack's as soon as eny 1 even tryes to go out side to defend them self's or to try and regain controll...
    This is resulting in PvP in 2Ho being so f*** short...

Usualy goes like this...
    Clan has control...
    Omni gathers people (if there there is eny available)
    Strike, takes control.
    Camps out side the buker for 5 ~ 10 mins.
    clanners warp out...
    fight over...

Its soooo rare that some 1 actualy get a chance to strike back... (clan do the same at the whompa).

Why do we have no coordination, u may think... i'll tell u why...

becouse every time some 1 try's to coordinate the attack... they just get something like "Why do i have to listen to u?" or are ignored completely...

we do have some coordination in Camelot. Thanks only to Acambot... and even then... some fools still dont get the idea off team work... and its not low lvls ime talking about.. its the HIGH lvl's that think they are all big and bad, and always know better.

Damn i sik of it... i realy am...

So, what i want to say is....

PvP WOULD be more fun, and we would win more often if people could just quit the Ego trip and start working together!!!

Pulling back after takeing control is not a bad thing people... it will let the clan/omni get back on ther feet... and the battle can continue for more then just 1 attack... IT WOULD BE MORE FUN!!!

Even tho i could very easy spam out a WERY long list of names, (of people behaveing 100% like this), i will not, since i dont want this post to consist of 10k personal flames towards me...

just my thought's... and a strong Hope that people some day would think befor acting...
    Last edited by Sarv; Sep 10th, 2002 at 18:58:44.
    OT Soldier: Sarv
    My little CH ho: Zitrix

Omni has always had less coordination from Day 1.

We always had the problems with that.

I dont know what to say... like in the past omni was always very spread out and every clanner was in storm... its just a different way of thinking and has different obsicals to get past..

dunno
    215 Solitus Soldier RK1
    Advisor Midnight Reveries.

Do politics exist? Yes.
    Who's involved in them? Anyone who wants to be.

If you spend your time worrying about what everyone else is doing in their lives, you'll miss what's happening in yours.

Hi Skymarshal...

Well... i think that "omni was allways like this" dont excuse the behavior that i se... i mean...

When people ask me, "Why should i do what u say?", what should i do???

tell them streight, Cuz u obviusly are not clever enuf to know how to behave.

or.

Just let it go, leave the battle and be sad about it...

So far i have almost every time done the last... only wery few times, did i get so mad i i couldn't help it...

i know that u are 1 of the people trying to make it work Sky, and Acambot is the best thing that happend to Omni PvP coordination in a long long time...

I just wish people could stop thinking only of them self when it comes to large scale battles... would make it more fun for all, and greatly improve our chances as omni's...

I agree and disagree. It is fairly difficult to have any sort of coodination in 2h0 because of how battles work there. Because zoning options are so near by, they make battles almost pointless. The only real battle you get is around the hill and whompa when you first charge in. After that it is just a matter of trying to take advantage of someone zoning out of bunkers, trying to sneak up behind you, or waiting for someone in a yalm far above you to de-yalm. This isn't real combat, and cannot be coordinated. Omni also have a very clear advantage to holding 2h0. It is difficult for clanners to amass a force there when they are not in control. Omni can easily amass a force in 10-3, where we have a save point just 100m from the Whompa.

I have been there a number of times when someone who knew who all the clanners were would call out targets for everyone to attack. This sort of one-at-a-time strategy would work to at least alieviate some of the clan pressure. After we evened out numbers more it was just a matter of charging in and hoping we end up on top. Not the best strategy, but it worked most of the time.

I had been there on a few occasions when someone like Vergil would actually try to coordinate an attack. We actually got a couple people in the grid waiting for signal, and some of us were supposed to ferry in from 4holes and attack from the north. However I was the only person who seemed to understand how to get to SEB from 4Holes by way of ferry. So when we all attacked we couldn't devide their forces enough for our three front attack to do anything worth while.

Part of the problem with coordinating attacks, is that most Omnis don't listen to what anyone has to say. They just want to rush into battle and kill some clanners. These kind of selfish acts don't help our cause at all.

For example, the Omni were holding the box room in GS2 a few weeks ago for a good 40-60 mins waiting for T to spawn. This was the day that Vergil went into Camelot as a Freshman, and left as Apprentice. We killed clanner after clanner after clanner and were amazed we were doing so good with our small numbers. However the clan were packing GS2 full, so when we died we could not replace anyone. Even though we said countless times not to follow clan up the stairs, people did anyway. This allowed the clan to pick us off one by one until we were down to about 15 people. They then stormed the box room at once and easily took the remainder of us out. it was a great 40-60 minute battle for the box room, and we probably would have won if we didn't allow the clan to pick off our numbers so slowly throughout the battle. :/

Omni need to learn to listen to people who appear to be in charge. Those people are usually shouting orders because they've been in that situation a great number of times before, and they know what is going to happen if you don't listen.

Just my thoughts.

100% right Tarage...

people dont listen... they dont want to listen, or they (sorry but i have to say this) are just to stupid to figure out that it would work out for the better if they did listen to those trying, and trying hard as it is, to make the avalable forces work the best possible...

But... i want to hear from some of u that I KNOW (/me looks at the list besides him on the desk), behaves like this...

Come on... tell us... why?

i promiss i whont flame u... (if i can hold my self back)