Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Geforce bfg 8800gfx with directx 9c don't work in AO :((

Geforce bfg 8800gfx with directx 9c don't work in AO :((

Hello ..... If someone alse got GF 8800 please tell me if his Graphic card work good in game. I have truble when i zone game crashes. I alredy send email to Technical support so i hope ppl working on it.

If someone have anny solutions please tell me.

BR

using 8800gtx here..no problems at all
    AO Universe By Players, For Players! Gameplay/Quests/Locations Guides, News, Articles, Columns, AO Launcher Skins, Wallpapers, Maps, Utilities, Friendly Forums and the #1 Roleplaying Source for the community!

Well i have a problems big problems ... it dont wanna start game ... when picture appere game crash. Every time ... so dont say it is no problem. I install all aggain but nothing better.

got the latest 8800 drivers installed? there are new ones from the 10th of January now available:

http://www.nvidia.com
    Lamargo NM Pistol/Nader - 220/19 - Bio
    General of Insanity-Inc {Omni/Rimor} -> Recruitment Thread - Website

Quote Originally Posted by Frutko View Post
    Well i have a problems big problems ... it dont wanna start game ... when picture appere game crash. Every time ... so dont say it is no problem. I install all aggain but nothing better.
    Does this happen only with AO?

Could you post driver version and computer specs?
    AO Universe By Players, For Players! Gameplay/Quests/Locations Guides, News, Articles, Columns, AO Launcher Skins, Wallpapers, Maps, Utilities, Friendly Forums and the #1 Roleplaying Source for the community!

Quote Originally Posted by Chadwill View Post
    using 8800gtx here..no problems at all
    Are you absolutely sure about this? Just out of curiosity, what are your FPS like in heavy polygonal areas such as OA or Pen?

The reason I ask is that myself and a friend have recently upgraded to 8800GTX cards, he had a radeon 1900 and I had a 7950.

We both confirm with our previous cards we averaged around 50-60fps in central OA, myabe 40fps in Pen. Now we get 10-15fps in OA, and 8-10 in Pen.

Latest drivers are used by us both, he uses Win XP x32, I use Vista x32, he has C2D and I use Athlon x2, both of us with 2GB DDR2.

I even had a 6600GS (the lower clocked one!) and upon swapping this back in showed a double performance from the 8800GTX. ... amazing huh!

However the 8800GTX absolutely burns in everything else, Oblivion runs smooth, FSX is smoother, 3DMark06 clocks in at just a tadge over 10k.

Therefore I think there could very well be a compatability problem with this new generation DX10 card, and AO. I found myself lucky to have an in-game friend upgrade at the same time and provide me with useful information to suggest similar performance drops as a result of simply upgrading the gfx card.

As you would expect there is no response from nVidia, and all driver updates have shown no improvement whatsoever, which gives the impression nVidia are not aware/working on/bothered about (delete as you feel appropriate) the performance of AO on their new hardware.

Maybe FC could provide some response to this, maybe they would have more of a voice when asking for a solution from nVidia, I don't know, but what I do know is that my friend has cancelled his AO account, and I have thought about it, as I would imagine have countless others who now have the "next generation" of computer products and find AO unusable on them and are (understandably) not willing to downgrade their shiney new and expensive hardware just to play one game at the expense of not being able to play other games the way they are able to.

Bottom line is, 8800 and AO doesn't appear to work very well, and AO is now starting to lose some of its player base because of it. Please respond FC!

Peace,
    Dream.
    Equilibrium may refer to: The condition of a system in which all competing influences are balanced, in a wide variety of contexts
    Infinity may refer to: The state or quality of being infinite. A number greater than any assignable quantity or countable number (symbol ∞).
    Vengeance may refer to: Vengeance (concept) or revenge, a harmful action against a person or group in response to a grievance

AO Item Assistant+ :: https://sourceforge.net/projects/aoiaplus/::

~~~~~~~~~~~~ Dream ~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "Not a rant, not a flame. Just another perspective."

Doesnt seem to work with a Dual processor either, it seems i tries to get ao to run faster then it is, the game keep stottering.

For dual processor you have to go into prefs and set the affinity for one processor, or something like that..

I seem to remember that some of the newest ATI cards had similar problems, basicly ATI dropping support for older standards with the newest generation of cards..

Funcom needs to get AO updated beyond DX 7 no matter how painful it is for them, or else just announce an end to the game.

Or put a disclaimer "don't bother upgrading to the newest hardware, this game won't run on it"
    Deagnor 204 Solitus Fixer (Omni) Director of R.U.R.
    ---*** Other RuRians ***---
    83 Opti Pistol Advent Motafrancis | Ovnor 161 Solitus Engineer
    117 Nanomage NT Knightweaver | DiceSlice 83 Opti 1HE Advent
    145 NanoMage MP Miner49 | Mohelunz 69 Solitus Doc
    141 Atrox Enf Cluedozer | Icewrench 63 Opti Fixer
    Icelo 57 Opti Keeper
    Sig updated Sept 2, 2008

Finally...

Finally it has happened. Finally Funcom's stance to cater to the lower end PCs has disabled their ability to provide their service to those with the higher end computers...

Maybe now that their software is SO out of date it will refuse to run on the next generation hardware, they'll decide it's time to upgrade.

Aye, I just got a GeForce 8800 GTX, and needless to say... I'm having issues as well.
    When I have the graphic setting set to Direct3D Hardware Transform and Lighting Acceleration capable device, I don't get any crashes, but I get terrible FPS problems in places like, bor, and I also get some graphical glitches, but that is about it.
    When I have the graphic setting set to Direct3D Hardware acceleration through Direct3D HAL, my game runs better, BUT! I get TONS of graphical glitches, and my game will freeze up my computer and/or the game will just close itself. Such as, when I zoned to Stret West Bank from bor whompa, my game just crashed, and when I tried to get back on, my game would freeze, and lock up my comp, same happened when I zoned to pen hallows. This only happens with Direct3D Hardware acceleration though.
    And yes, I have the latest drivers.

So, in conclusion, I have a feeling the compatibility with the new GeForce 8800 GTX and AO just isn't that dandy.

My brother also had the same problem with his.
    ------Rimor------
    Rockin5 - 220 Solitus Adventurer
    Asuka1 - 220 Solitus Doctor
    Evlnt - 213 Solitus Nano-Technician
    Evlshade - 180 Solitus Shade
    Upgrayedd - 165 Opifex Agent
    Goatblaster - 180 Atrox Soldier
    Robogojira - 126 Opifex Martial Artist

I agree with Dream and Rock. There is an an issue. Wonder if the fix will come from Nvidia or FC.

Could all with issues, and those who play on a 8800 without issues, post their graphics driver number? it makes it simpler for others reading this tread to know if they use the same, and thus, if its the CARD, or stuff as chipset and mobo drivers, or dual CPU's who is the issue.
    (\_/)
    (O.o)
    (> <) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination.

Member of Angels of the night, Rimor

The equation is pretty easy for this thread ... currently take any computer, single core, dual core, slow or fast .. plug in an 8800 based card, install any of the drivers that are out for it (from initial release to latest 101.70) and AO runs like a very phat slug munching its way through a bowl of pea soup.

If it is the nVidia drivers, then with the last 4 driver releases they haven't addressed the issue, not even in the slightlest, which makes you think that in their eyes there is no issue for them to resolve. This is not to say it isn't a driver issue (which it more than likely is) nor that they will eventually get around to fixing it. However my original point was that while I have made many posts on the nVidia forums, I feel what is needed is a voice from Funcom to possibly hurry up a solution for their now dwindling and suffering user base.

Peace,
    Dream.
    Equilibrium may refer to: The condition of a system in which all competing influences are balanced, in a wide variety of contexts
    Infinity may refer to: The state or quality of being infinite. A number greater than any assignable quantity or countable number (symbol ∞).
    Vengeance may refer to: Vengeance (concept) or revenge, a harmful action against a person or group in response to a grievance

Quote Originally Posted by Dream View Post
    The equation is pretty easy for this thread ... currently take any computer, single core, dual core, slow or fast .. plug in an 8800 based card, install any of the drivers that are out for it (from initial release to latest 101.70) and AO runs like a very phat slug munching its way through a bowl of pea soup.

If it is the nVidia drivers, then with the last 4 driver releases they haven't addressed the issue, not even in the slightlest, which makes you think that in their eyes there is no issue for them to resolve. This is not to say it isn't a driver issue (which it more than likely is) nor that they will eventually get around to fixing it. However my original point was that while I have made many posts on the nVidia forums, I feel what is needed is a voice from Funcom to possibly hurry up a solution for their now dwindling and suffering user base.

Peace,
    Dream.
    I agree. And yes, if the latest version is still having issues with the game, then all the previous versions will as well.

Oh, and I use XP, but that's because for some reason every game I play in vista runs like trash.
    ------Rimor------

Sorry to shatter your hate dreams, but I'm currently running a Intel Core Duo 2 6600 with an Geforce 8800 GTS, and lowest framerate I got so far is 31 fps in a 40 ppl zerg.

Quote Originally Posted by RazorSharp View Post
    Sorry to shatter your hate dreams, but I'm currently running a Intel Core Duo 2 6600 with an Geforce 8800 GTS, and lowest framerate I got so far is 31 fps in a 40 ppl zerg.
    WELL! You have a GTS, not a GTX.
    ------Rimor------

Yeah, no hate here at all. Just pointing out a few facts, nothing more.

And on a technical note, a single 7950 easily produced 30-40 fps in a "zerg" ... however, the 8800GTS is approximately the same speed as 2 of those cards in SLI, and an 8800GTX is 25% to 30% faster than 2 of those cards in SLI, therefore you would expect a quite significant FPS increase (or at least some increase anyway) over the 79xx series with an 8800 card. So technically your set up is running slow also. And yes, I did state this performance drop was through an upgrade to an 8800GTX, not the GTS.

Incedentally I would be interested to know what FPS you get while stood in Pen, at say the Ravine incarnator or the middle of Old Athen with everything up full and in a high resolution, such as 1920x1200 or higher to see exactly how it compares to previous 79xx cards, as even with my current 8800GTX, i can still get 30fps in a Pande zerg also, it just tends to be heavily polygonal playfield areas ... which is very strange I feel!

I know people go on about AO being all about the CPU, well like any game, all components will determine the overall final performance, and AO utilises the hardware transform and lighting engine of Direct3D, and as such a lot of the polygonal shifting is offloaded onto the GPU, therefore it isn't actually all about just the CPU alone. The bulk of AO's performance is a two fold process, how fast your CPU can shift data to your GPU and how fast your GPU can render that data. As stated, this goes for any games performance.

Anyway, I'm still holding out that this will be sorted sometime soon .... delusional I know, but what is life without hope!

Peace,
    Dream.

I'm on an 8600gt myself. Had the choppy framerate issue in places like Borealis and inside player shops but have solved the problem by switching from Hardware T&L to Direct3D.

Hope it helps others.

Quote Originally Posted by Daiken View Post
    Doesnt seem to work with a Dual processor either, it seems i tries to get ao to run faster then it is, the game keep stottering.
    Control+alt+delete to open taskmanager while AO is running.

Right click on AO.exe under running programs.

Select set affinity

Set affinity to processor 0

Exit taskmanager and restart AO.

Quote Originally Posted by WisebutCruel View Post
    Control+alt+delete to open taskmanager while AO is running.

Right click on AO.exe under running programs.

Select set affinity

Set affinity to processor 0

Exit taskmanager and restart AO.
    Or just install the dual-core optimizer if you have an AMD CPU
    http://www.amd.com/us-en/assets/cont...ties/Setup.exe
    Lord "Khalem" Trevallien -=- Fixer Kingpin, proud officer and Loremaster of Ancarim Iron Legion
    Sir "Eoemar" Trevallien -=- Supreme Creator
    http://ao.shadow-realm.org/ - The Shadowlands Library -=- http://ai.shadow-realm.org/ - The Alien Invation library
    http://bebot.shadow-realm.org/ - BeBot - An Anarchy Online Chat Automaton
    http://aodevs.com/ - Anarchy Online 3rd party developers resource

"Frustration is not a good emotion when it comes to playing games."
    -- Former AO Game Director Marius Enge

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast