Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New Look For AO Website!

Quote Originally Posted by Haloer View Post
    Now just waiting for the forums to be reskinned...
    Please not, the current forum skin is nice and gentle on the eyes.
    Formerly Vhab.
    Once upon a time ruled a server. And then sold out. Sorry.

Roster Problem?

I love the new website, but have one problem with it.

If I look up someone on "People of Rubi-Ka" and click on the organization link to see the org's roster, I get a message that the webpage can't be found.

This might be a temporary glitch so I'll just keep checking. But I figured I'd mention it anyway, just in case it's some kind of link problem.

Other than that, I love the new look of the website. Also, I'm thrilled with the updated timeline!

Quote Originally Posted by Vhab View Post
    Tbh, I hate it.
    It looks cheap and warped straight from 1995.
    No offense to the designer, but this looks like some basic photoshop filters stacked on top of each other without a finishing touch.

edit: bring back this layout: http://web.archive.org/web/200002291...hy-online.com/
    lol. Vhab.
    Is this too hard on your eyes?
    I imagine it like that, contrast wise. And with all the cool AO content and what not.

Heh. Change is okay sometimes.... even if it is FC :P
    and what is AOU gonna do now?!
    Joe "Sefus" Werkit 212/17
    Squad Commander - PR - Recruitment
    3305 Local

I like the new look
    Although being all picky about the data amount to load when opening a page, i think the 1,5mb of images i have to load is a bit too much... Think about low-bandwidth users.

Quote Originally Posted by Sefus View Post
    Heh. Change is okay sometimes.... even if it is FC :P
    and what is AOU gonna do now?!
    We'll see, we'll see... like surprises?
    AO-Universe - The Leet Place To Be

So I have one problem with the new AO website, it's like optimized for 1024x768
    When I look at it on my own monitor at 1600x1200 the flash animation is stretched all the way across the screen and runs poorly, as well as look kinda silly with the mech being only in a little part of it and the rest just being a huge gray empty area.
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta View Post
    ..which, believe it or not, is the resolution that 75%+ of our web traffic views the site in, so you are right, that's what its optimised for. Although personally I think it doesn't scale too badly to the higher resolutions, I use 1600x1200 myself (and yes, also have to try and remind myself that higher resolutions still arent the norm on the internet at large, even if its what I am used to working in!)
    Craig 'Silirrion' Morrison
    Old Timer

I like the looks, but I found out the site is much and alot heavier than previously.

Maybe some optimization might be done to make it more fluid (sometimes I got parts which just don't load).
    220 opi RK1 keeper § 220 opi RK1 Doc § 220 opi RK2 Fixer
    Quote Originally Posted by Enno Rehling View Post
    We usually call it WTF.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rerolll View Post
    Well...when a momma envy and a daddy envy love each other very much...well...ask your parents.

Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta View Post
    When I look at it on my own monitor at 1600x1200 the flash animation is stretched all the way across the screen and runs poorly, as well as look kinda silly with the mech being only in a little part of it and the rest just being a huge gray empty area.
    Quote Originally Posted by Silirrion View Post
    ..which, believe it or not, is the resolution that 75%+ of our web traffic views the site in, so you are right, that's what its optimised for. Although personally I think it doesn't scale too badly to the higher resolutions, I use 1600x1200 myself (and yes, also have to try and remind myself that higher resolutions still arent the norm on the internet at large, even if its what I am used to working in!)

and i to run 1600x1200 on my main system.. but uhm..

if either of you actually run yalls browsers full screen.....

well... i think you need to reasses what yall are doing....

Level 1 to 300 in 8 Years! Pwn!
    - Join us on Discord! -
    AO WIKI!
    Arcanum!

I agree... While not looking super fancy, it is actually one of the most pleasant forums to use imo.

It happens VERY often when visiting other forums, that I can't help to think that they should learn to make a more clean forum style.
    Many forums are just so inceredibly messy.
    Mekhdoc 220/27/70 Equip | Mekh 220/28/67 Equip | Shadesch 220/21/70 Equip
    Mekhkeeper 220/22/70 Equip | Roflmao 220/15/50 | Fixyaself 200/23/64 Equip

new home page

looks alot better great job!

Quote Originally Posted by Silirrion View Post
    Yep same here when I'm at work 1600x1200. On my laptop at home it's 1400x900. And the page and all still look great.

Thanks again Sil.

Kamikaze "Danibunkins" Advy
    Title Level: 7 AI Level: 19 Adventurer
    Proud General of Sentinels on Atlantean

redesign forums?? aw hell no!

i really like the new site,
    it's not that childish at all and yet graphically very rich. much better then the boring 'framework' like old site!

i love the new site very nice, just one question: What are all the dots on the titlebar thingy meant to be? (hell to me it looks like braille, which it hopefully isn't) Other than that great job

Personally, it looks like it was made via a free download template through some simple editing program. The only real thing I like about the current AO homepage is the icons used for news posting. That should be kept, ( i.e. http://www.anarchy-online.com/anarch.../community.gif ). Although I am a bit biased, I think the ARK page ( http://ark.funcom.com/Public/ ) surpasses the AO page itself now in charm.

... You guys can do much better than that ...

Notice that the gray lines do not connect at certain points? Eww. Want to see proper joints connecting? Go here:
    http://thematrixonline.station.sony.com/players/
    - Notice how the metal parts join together smoothly. Very important.

The gray really doesn't fall well on the eyes much. Which is why I always liked this black-starry sky background with the aqua-green foreground. Simplicity can be a good thing too:
    http://www.uoherald.com/news/

Bring more WOW.*
    http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/index.xml
    *I do not play WoW, but I admire their well done page. It is very eye appealing.

... And yes, those dots are ... strange ...
    Clan Agent Mrbbad &
    Omni-Tek Bureaucrat Rockstar! Mrbb &
    Clan Rockin' Doc Drgaius &
    Clan Engineer Rockstarr

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Account Created: June 27, 2001.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------

I just recognized, that the towermaps don't update.
    Since Thursday Omni lost nearly all of their high spots on DNW, and the Map is still on the status of Wednesday.
    Main: Chavelle | Equip (slightly outdated)

I just recognized, someone should update the forum template header, as the link for "Community News" and "People of Rubi-Ka" doesn't match the new website anymore
    AO-Universe - The Leet Place To Be

It looks great Well done, those that work on it

Someone needs to change the register button so people know that's where their account info is as well
    I made a reference to a fictional extra-terrestrial hive-mind race of beings collectively called Grthulox, and you need an indication that I'm not being completely serious?

[Infferno]: btw u are girl in rl or something ? To [Infferno]: nope To [Infferno]: 21 yo m [Infferno]: oki :> To [Infferno]: why? To [Infferno]: you wants cyb0rz? [Infferno]: stfu lol

Get to know the real Healyhatman at Healy's MySpace! Leave a comment!
    See the Healy the Atheist at The Enlightenment of the Healy - my Atheist Blog.

Chat from Outside Game

Hi,

I can't seem to find the old link for chat. Was trying to login to chat in-game from work without actually logging into the game. I used to find it on the old "Forums & Chat" link.

Do I need to be on a paying account for this? Or can my Froob account also login to chat?

Can anyone help?

Thanks,

Aoife

Quote Originally Posted by aoife View Post
    I can't seem to find the old link for chat. Was trying to login to chat in-game from work without actually logging into the game. I used to find it on the old "Forums & Chat" link.
    The old java based chat client on the website?
    This was removed a long while ago, iirc when they added multiple chat windows etc.
    Omutb - President - Ring of Destruction

If you only knew the power of the Frosted Strawberry Poptart....

"Once more unto the breach, dear friends, once more; Or close the wall up with our English dead." - because Wales just isnt a country

Chernobyl, providing the freshest bottled water since 1986, for that healthy green glow.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12