Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Please Welcome The Phasefront Jetbikes And Hoverboards

Quote Originally Posted by CarbonumCopy View Post
    ...you would troll anyway. So you found an obscure use of the name somewhere else (and it must have taken a lot of work, given how far down the list it must be when searching the term - even specifying the geographic info it's not turning up in the first 10 pages!)

Just goes to show that no initiative will go unwhined-about.
    It was a valid comment & apparently I was not the only one with questions about it's validity, so who's the one actually trolling?
    Since the rules are no longer accessible, I guess there's nothing else to be stated.

Sil has spoken.
    Enough said.
    Last edited by tazalanche; Aug 29th, 2007 at 00:59:36.
    Maybe™ is the new Soon™.
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    At heart I am a vindictive, heartless, ruthless bastard and behaving in any other way is an effort for me.™
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    Our goal is to have a closed Beta running this year.™

What is he trying to argue about it for? Will he try to argue everyone elses attempts until none are left but his? The Bolgnia Hoverboards make me want to make a sandwich and people leaving the game to eat is obviously a bad thing so hey I'm deciding you cant use that one either or anything other than mine so hey now I automatticaly win. You're the type of guy that wants do overs when rolling for Park Place or Boardwalk in Monopoly aren't you? This guy won and all the rest of us lost. Get over it.

I would like to ask that the Moderators Please lock this thread till new information is available about the Jetbikes/hoverboards.
    Only through the exercise of free will can the soul grow; only through courage in the face of temptation and pain can the spirit soar.

congrats, i quite like the name, quite fitting. My suggestion was Vellos (not really that great)

i think phaseshift Would be better tho, but thats just me

It would have been nice to know that the name had to apply to both the bikes and hoverboards, rather then the premise that it just applied to the jetbikes.

Gratz to the winner thought
    Pumpkinmeta 220/20 CM Extrodinaire
    Pumpkinkeep 138/11 k33p
    Pumpkinheals 90/2 Heal me please

The Display podiums for the Hoverboards and Jetbikes will be located on Newland Lake. Very snazzy look (as shown in a video clip at DragonCon)

And they will be Nanos that term when you enter combat. Make sure you fly high!
    SmokeX 210/23 Neutral Opifex MA General of Spirit Walkers
    SmokeKillsU 81/3 Neutral Opifex Agent
    UraniumX 101/2 Neutral Nanomage NT
    BruteForceX 61 Neutral Opifex Fixer
    SmokingGunsX 43/2 Neutral Solitus Soldier
    SixOfNynex 42/2 Neutral Nanomage Engineer
    Jiroieyoshi 12/2 Neutral Atrox Enforcer
    EMHMarkX 32/2 Neutral Nanomage Doctor

Quote Originally Posted by smokexjc View Post
    And they will be Nanos that term when you enter combat. Make sure you fly high!
    So... If you catch agg from some mob it will terminate???
    I hope that's not the case, since that would suck imo, since you can't really fly high with those things, as far as I have understood it....
    Oh well, We'll find out soon enough.

Gratz to the winner. I like the name
    Mekhdoc 220/27/70 Equip | Mekh 220/28/67 Equip | Shadesch 220/21/70 Equip
    Mekhkeeper 220/22/70 Equip | Roflmao 220/15/50 | Fixyaself 200/23/64 Equip

Quote Originally Posted by Mekh View Post
    So... If you catch agg from some mob it will terminate???
    I hope that's not the case, since that would suck imo, since you can't really fly high with those things, as far as I have understood it....
    Oh well, We'll find out soon enough.

Gratz to the winner. I like the name
    nobody outside of Funcom QA knows for certain and they aren't giving interviews , but my Impression from what Sillirion was saying in D*Con interview they will havve the same flight limits as Yalms, with the exception of the combat thing.
    He did not go into detail whether that meant merely aggro or actual combat, and I suspect that might be tweeked either in internal testing or when it hits Testserver. Also yet to be determined is the hoverboards and water(or other non-solid surfaces) currently these will break the board nano, but there are hints that they might simply switch over to swim speed over these surfaces before they leave testing.
    As little as anyone likes being told to be patient, it really is the best thing regarding these vehicles, be patient.
    Only through the exercise of free will can the soul grow; only through courage in the face of temptation and pain can the spirit soar.

Quote Originally Posted by Vlain View Post
    If it wasn't already an existing term or the name of an existing company I wouldn't have any problem with it whatsoever.
    So, I Google'd Phasefront and looked through the first five pages or so of results and saw nothing that wasn't a scientific paper (or a Funcom article relating to this contest). Nothing to do with a company.

If you can please direct me to your "proof" that such a company exists, I would appreciate it.

Or, am I supposed to believe that a company today has absolutely no web presence whatsoever?

Edit: Googling for "Phasefront Labs" did render 1 search result (does that count as a Googlewhack? ). Led to some obscure picture of a Cessna with a vague mention to Phasefront Labs of Portland, OR. Reference to the company was 1972 however, so I imagine they have ceased to exist.

Quote Originally Posted by Derishen View Post
    Edit: Googling for "Phasefront Labs" did render 1 search result (does that count as a Googlewhack? ). Led to some obscure picture of a Cessna with a vague mention to Phasefront Labs of Portland, OR. Reference to the company was 1972 however, so I imagine they have ceased to exist.
    They can't cease to exist, coz 30,000 years into the future they make Jetbikes
    ZeePhonz :: 220/30/70 Adventurer
    ZeeMedic :: 220/30/70 Doctor
    ZeeDaKeep :: 220/30/70 Keeper
    Cratscan :: 220/30/70 Bureaucrat
    ZeeStabbie :: 220/30/65 Shade
    ZeeInstein :: 220/21/60 Engineer

President of A.R.S. (Athens Recovery Service)

Whenever I fill out an application, in the part that says "If an emergency, notify:" I put "DOCTOR".

Congratulations, although I really really don't like the name I doubt I'm going to care much what they're called.

I think the name sux big time. I thought it would be cool and not just something that sounds like you heard it 1000000 times before in low budget movies. This name is more for combat vehicles or for bars.
    (battle of the phases, w000t, and we can go to the front and watch)

Angry

Has it been a roaring success, will it help pay for the new engine?

When can we have an RP event where the environmetalists get to blow the darn thing up?

I really, really hate that shop. I have not been out the west gate of Newland City since September, I hate that I can see it from within the city, if I can, I rather use the Stret West woompa now for the neutral route.

That thing is so tasteless and out of place, it really belongs in an Omni area!
    More Barbie instead of GI Joe game content, please!
    *Yngvild Lothe* ex AO quest designer -- "... So now you just want cheap thrills..." Classic server.
    Role Playing guide
    • Main account = Classic.

Phasefront can go jump in the ... oh wait it is already there!
    (Since openning, I have used the West Gate, Battle Station or NL grid point, twice).
    ALLNEUTS - always helping new players, regardless of faction.
    Neutral, can mean real freedom for you. ||| New year's resolution - stay off these forums. Hope you are happy now.
    Expansions don't enhance the game, they just extend it and make the beginning easier to catch up in order to race frantically at the "front"

Kahava - "... we had a civil community."

Quote Originally Posted by Jenshai View Post
    Has it been a roaring success, will it help pay for the new engine?

When can we have an RP event where the environmetalists get to blow the darn thing up?

I really, really hate that shop. I have not been out the west gate of Newland City since September, I hate that I can see it from within the city, if I can, I rather use the Stret West woompa now for the neutral route.

That thing is so tasteless and out of place, it really belongs in an Omni area!
    It was put there by an RP event. So, Shhh.
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO|||||||||||||||
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT|||||||||||
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO|||||||||||||||||||||Serve Omni-Tek
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT||||||||||||||||||||Join the ROTFLMAO
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO||||||||
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT|||||||||||||||||||||||||
    OTOTOTOTOTOTO TOTOTOTOTOTO||||||||||||||||
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

I was there, Jenshai, Averina and Foosball33 saved the off-world trader from assassination.

While crying myself to sleep (not in my Newland apartment as I can't face it) out in the wilds of the Newland Desert I try and tell myself, I was protecting the Mayor.

Now I want an RP event to blow that Fugly building away!

((Seriously, I thought it was going to be something similar to the Bronto Burger, extend the deck a bit and just be a nice little shop, with a bike outside and maybe a wood theme. Not that huge F***ing piece of sh*t made of concrete and lagging flashing lights, right in the middle of the lake that the aliens can see from Andromeda!))

*makes billboard and starts chanting*

DOWN with LAGfront!
    Last edited by Jenshai; Feb 14th, 2008 at 07:49:24.
    More Barbie instead of GI Joe game content, please!
    *Yngvild Lothe* ex AO quest designer -- "... So now you just want cheap thrills..." Classic server.
    Role Playing guide
    • Main account = Classic.

Phasefront can go jump in the ... oh wait it is already there!
    (Since openning, I have used the West Gate, Battle Station or NL grid point, twice).
    ALLNEUTS - always helping new players, regardless of faction.
    Neutral, can mean real freedom for you. ||| New year's resolution - stay off these forums. Hope you are happy now.
    Expansions don't enhance the game, they just extend it and make the beginning easier to catch up in order to race frantically at the "front"

Kahava - "... we had a civil community."

I agree.

It's ugly, too big, completely out of place.
    I made a reference to a fictional extra-terrestrial hive-mind race of beings collectively called Grthulox, and you need an indication that I'm not being completely serious?

[Infferno]: btw u are girl in rl or something ? To [Infferno]: nope To [Infferno]: 21 yo m [Infferno]: oki :> To [Infferno]: why? To [Infferno]: you wants cyb0rz? [Infferno]: stfu lol

Get to know the real Healyhatman at Healy's MySpace! Leave a comment!
    See the Healy the Atheist at The Enlightenment of the Healy - my Atheist Blog.

I think (being the future and all) that we will see more expansive structures and buildings (Rome/Athens). OUt with the dingy huts and small buildings. Unless you go Harry Potterish and have magical insides to a small tent, I think they Developed the Phasefront building as it should be. Full of technology, and glitz (it is a vendor... more resources more glamour)

BUT caveating the greater space it takes up, they shoul dlook at new open RK playfields if they intend on developing new future structures, esle it will strangle the current palying fields. SO it might provide an opportunaty to have the new fields in the future releases.
    220 Doc ~ "Dr." Ittledoc As of 1 DEC 07 setup || 218 Trader ~ Ittletrad (TL7 gimpage on Trader profession) parked... TS monkey no reason to go any higher
    220 Enf ~ Ittlejohn (1HB FTW!!!) [E] || 146 Fix ~ Johnittle
    216 NT ~ Nanoblender || 11 Crat "WTB" Spellbot
    ~~~Pheonix Rising is Recruiting~~~
    YMMV; Guaranteed 5 min or 5 miles... whichever comes first

Quote Originally Posted by BIGMANFORCE View Post
    and i umm also think that we should have a special nano that u can only cast on froobs,that turns them into lil monkeys and forces their char to work the APF elavator!

Quote Originally Posted by Jenshai View Post
    ((Seriously, I thought it was going to be something similar to the Bronto Burger, extend the deck a bit and just be a nice little shop, with a bike outside and maybe a wood theme. Not that huge F***ing piece of sh*t made of concrete and lagging flashing lights, right in the middle of the lake that the aliens can see from Andromeda!))
    lol you claim you're not a luddite?
    bai2u!
    -::l2pvp!1::-
    Electronite: FFA also destroyed Clan hegemony when it comes to tower wars. Ironically the downfall was started by the most active pvpers. Another ironic thing is that the downfall happened due to pvm conflict. Silirrion: (We have pretty good anti-troll filters by now though) Means: Thong-wearing troxes will always be a part of this game and a point of AO pride. Keldros: Obviously reall trolls don't use conditioner Marlark: If this forum was Swedish in it's language .. id pawn you any day. 220 NT: tl7 is a joke most of the time. 90% of the people are double double dead. some are worth debuffing tho. Mastablasta: you guys are right and I'm wrong. Ebag: No. You alpha me'd due to the stat bug. More Ebag: I don't have any twinks currently, nor do I participate much in mass TL7 PvP (though I do go occasionally, usually just to watch). Questra: an MP in sneak eNSDed me and did about 20k damage in 10-12 seconds

Quote Originally Posted by Chrys View Post
    lol you claim you're not a luddite?

*sigh*

I like the bikes and boards, they are pretty but I will never buy one because I don't like:

• The placement of the ugly shop.
    • The method of obtaining them.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast