Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Please Welcome The Phasefront Jetbikes And Hoverboards

Grats to the winners!

but, sticking to the "Yalmaha" spoof, I still think my "Suzaki" spoof would have been a good choice also.
    "When life knocks you on your butt, you have to get back up and punch it in the face." --DJ Ashval of GSP

Nullified "Bitbucket" Deadcode - 220/25 Neut NanoMage Engi
    Bits10 - 150/14 Clan Opifex Trader

Good name! Congratulations to the winners. :3
    -- returning player: jennyrotten
    solitus adventurer; level 000/00
    rimor (rk2); not in an organization

I still say that you should have picked the best names up to 10 of them and had the AO players vote on which they liked the best it would have seemed a bit more fair, but i'm sure ill be called a troll or some other name so I'll leave it lay

btw i didn't like the name ether.... sounds to much like an old star trek reference to me.
    ...I have been given a glimpse of the dark, and am humbled. It is Power. Chaos. Desire. Fulfillment. Life. Death. Pain. Joy. It is Everything. My bretheren no longer understand my words, for they have not been given this gift. I am changed forever...

Many hamsters died to bring you this post.
    Pharamond

Congrats to the winners.

I was with Xyphos and his Yalm spoof - I went for Aerowaki (Flying Kawasaki? Geddit? Guess not =P)

Phasefront does have a kinda...quickness about it...

Gz, jury decided, you got the first price Olak.

But imho, like many others, I don't like that name either.

My suggestion wasn't that good either (Mercuria ), but I wonder if there were not better names left behind.

But grats again.
    220 opi RK1 keeper § 220 opi RK1 Doc § 220 opi RK2 Fixer
    Quote Originally Posted by Enno Rehling View Post
    We usually call it WTF.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rerolll View Post
    Well...when a momma envy and a daddy envy love each other very much...well...ask your parents.

Really think you should have went with Slugem's Hovering Inertial Transports...

wtb Dewy, Cheatum, and How for corps name

meh its a fine name and grats man.

mine was sparrow flight industry's. prolly could have done without the industrys bit o well. maybe as a Ltd. or an Inc. ? oo LLC!!!!!!!

ok now I'm rambling. again grats to the winners.

Very nice name. I thought my name was good when I sent it off but it doesn't come close
    I made a reference to a fictional extra-terrestrial hive-mind race of beings collectively called Grthulox, and you need an indication that I'm not being completely serious?

[Infferno]: btw u are girl in rl or something ? To [Infferno]: nope To [Infferno]: 21 yo m [Infferno]: oki :> To [Infferno]: why? To [Infferno]: you wants cyb0rz? [Infferno]: stfu lol

Get to know the real Healyhatman at Healy's MySpace! Leave a comment!
    See the Healy the Atheist at The Enlightenment of the Healy - my Atheist Blog.

Great name and grats to the winners!

(too bad the prize is horribly outdated )
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

yea me no likee also

btw my sugjustion was

S.C.U.D.A

Stabalized Carrier Universal Duotronic Airframe

Can't we be told what names the runner-ups suggested?
    Moonleg, 220 Adventurer and never levelling again!
    Fixored, 167 gridrunner
    Lunarblade, 94 honorable keeper.
    Lavan, 115 pretty-boy doctor that needs more levels.
    Moonatic, 117 tinkerer of gizmos.
    Fortehwin, 211 shadow-creeper. With glowsticks.
    Ammoonium, 108 NT gimpz0r.
    Dingbot, 100 XP-stick.
    Runalot,169 freexer.
    Horsehumper, 36 hor ... I mean, fist-fighter.
    Debuff, 46 wrangle-giver.

Mine was horribly complicated now that I think about it: Xyzyzaha Zoomer spoofing Yalmaha again. :P

Edit: Oh yea spoofing YZ Motorcycles too heh.
    Last edited by smokexjc; Aug 25th, 2007 at 13:59:37.

meh. not trolling here at all.
    the name does sound like some Star Trek cliche. where is the cyberpunk motif? meh. it sucks

Of course, my suggestion was the best: Silirrion Scooters. rolls off the tongue, catchy, and the epitome of butt-kissing to the Game Director
    RK1
    "Send Pics Plz". Meta-Wha? Noodz plz. 83/8.
    "Eye Makeshiz Foryou". Pimpin' Eng Of Doom. he's the SHIZ. 174/18.
    "Jack Grafter Torrence". I Like To Boom Boom Booooom. 220/zomg. AI30! .

RK2
    "Perk Grafter Reset". 216/22. RK2's Retired Bukkake Doc. idle since 2007.
    "Perk Graftor Reset". 142/15. RK2's Retired Pvp Doc idle since 2006

Gratz to winners.Not that crazy about the name myself,dont really see the connection with the product.Not going to say my suggestion was the best(Creative Concepts),but think it ran more along the lines of what you would name a manufacturing company.Would like to have seen some sort of ingame panel have a percentage of voting for the name if that could have been made possible,but as said many times before,just want to get one now.To the winners,enjoy your phat loot!

Cool

Nice done, Grats grats

Quote Originally Posted by Grafter View Post
    meh. not trolling here at all.
    the name does sound like some Star Trek cliche. where is the cyberpunk motif? meh. it sucks

Of course, my suggestion was the best: Silirrion Scooters. rolls off the tongue, catchy, and the epitome of butt-kissing to the Game Director
    we already got "sillirion scones" before u know it you might be chewing on the wrong item to get more hp
    Never knock on death's door, always ring the bell and run. Death really hates that.

Thumbs down An invalid submission wins!

It is not my intention to troll, but I thought we were supposed to come up with names that were not already trademarked by another company?

Oh well.
    Maybe™ is the new Soon™.
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    At heart I am a vindictive, heartless, ruthless bastard and behaving in any other way is an effort for me.™
    Our goal is to have a closed Beta running this year.™

Quote Originally Posted by tazalanche View Post
    It is not my intention to troll, but I thought we were supposed to come up with names that were not already trademarked by another company?

Oh well.
    Pardon? Phasefront is not a 'current' copyright by anyone. Websearch of the term fetches references to the new jetbikes and then technical articles, not product copyrights.
    Only through the exercise of free will can the soul grow; only through courage in the face of temptation and pain can the spirit soar.

You mean like the company called "Phasefront Labs" out of Salem, Oregon USA?
    Maybe™ is the new Soon™.
    At heart I am a vindictive, heartless, ruthless bastard and behaving in any other way is an effort for me.™
    Our goal is to have a closed Beta running this year.™

Quote Originally Posted by tazalanche View Post

Oh well.
    Kinda what I was thinking too. The name will serve, but its certainly not creative or original as defined in the contest rules.
    o¤°`°¤o,¸¸¸,o¤°¤o,¸¸¸,o¤°`°¤o mahnamahna roflmao mahnamahna o¤°`°¤o,¸¸¸,o¤°¤o,¸¸¸,o¤°`°¤o

Vlainstrike 220/30ma[S][Pics]; Jadeprakasha 220/12mp; Crashloop 167/23fx
    --------------------------------------------------
    Concept MA Attack: Attack of the Three Fates
    --------------------------------------------------
    Twas brillig, and the slithy toves
    Did gyre and gimble in the wabe;
    All mimsy were the borogoves,
    And the mome raths outgrabe.
    ~Lewis Carroll

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast