Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Money Duping Grid armor and the rest

I've *never* seen a fixer break group to loot the boss.

Maybe I just team with good people or something.

Now, the other part of the problem, making it no-drop so that people will let the fixer have it instead of ninja-ing to sell, I understand that. But that's really a bigger problem, ninja-looting. And at least this way, if there isn't a fixer in the group, a fixer will (eventually) get it, even if it is an alt fixer.
    Gunned down the young. Now old, crotchety, and back.

Talking

Originally posted by Kiryat-Dharin
    I've *never* seen a fixer break group to loot the boss.

Maybe I just team with good people or something.

Now, the other part of the problem, making it no-drop so that people will let the fixer have it instead of ninja-ing to sell, I understand that. But that's really a bigger problem, ninja-looting. And at least this way, if there isn't a fixer in the group, a fixer will (eventually) get it, even if it is an alt fixer.

Yeah I am actually more conserned with lil fixers with no ubers running missions. There is a Fixer All guild (that I will not name because I dont wish to get into a war) But They do it at times and the president knows and does nothing.

Not only Have I heard it from a few others but it was also suggested to me if I did not get my Grid armor by the same guild.

Now the sad thing is that the person from the guild telling me seemed really nice... I got the impression that it was a last ditch thing and perhaps they dont always do such things but often need to. But I do know someone who teamed with a Member from this guild. They Broke and Ninja'd for grid armor and when She complained to the Guild was told "go screw yourself"

If it werent for GA selling for 100mil for MK 1 I dont know if I would suggest making it no drop or not... but my thought is if it's no drop in missions there is a more realistic alternative to joining an uber guild and Camping someplace. But that it would still be an option for somepeople to buy it and trade it as well.

I always feel better myself when I earn items in missions instead of camping (though camping is unavoidable for some things)

I have had pretty good luck teaming myself... but then again I solo about 60% of the time and have a steady partner when I dont
    Last edited by Koyote; Sep 16th, 2002 at 06:04:15.

I would love it if the Grid Armor was made into a NODROP item. And put into a Quest/Dungeon like Neleb's Robe. Neleb's robe is a lvl36+ item, but try going through SoM with a lvl36 party... If the level requirements for the 4 GA's is chosen correctly it will still be quite hard to get your hands on when You really need it. Yes of course You can just get some highlvl's to help You but still...I don't care if an item is ultra ultra rare. Just make it hard to get!

That's how I feel about it!
    Ghump - a member of Ragnarok

My hovercraft is full of eels

I like the way grid armor is. I don't mind having twink classes where you can only excel if your main char is high level and able to throw a bunch of money your way; it gives high level characters something to do. In fact I'd love it if half the classes were "first-timer" classes that you can play and maximize right from the start with normal amounts of effort and the rest were "veteran" classes that only a rich and skilled player could play to their maximum or a player willing to go through much hardship.

Originally posted by Nianna
    I like the way grid armor is. I don't mind having twink classes where you can only excel if your main char is high level and able to throw a bunch of money your way; it gives high level characters something to do. In fact I'd love it if half the classes were "first-timer" classes that you can play and maximize right from the start with normal amounts of effort and the rest were "veteran" classes that only a rich and skilled player could play to their maximum or a player willing to go through much hardship.
    doesn't really fit the idea of a roleplaying game though does it (or am I the only person who doesnt get random strangers coming up to me in the street and giving me hundreds of millions of pounds? )

Also please please please dont make GA nodrop, I have enough problem trying to raise skills I need, and the skills to wear Grid Armour. If I had to raise trade skills to make the darn thing thing into a nano too, I would be gimped to high heaven.

hugs

lilnymph
    Lilnymph - Clan Fixer - RK1
    lilnymph wrote on November 21st, 2003 08:01:01:
    You may take our postcount threads, but you will never take our FREEDOM!!!!!
    Originally posted by Cz
    The post count is mine! All mine! Mwahahahah!

40.476190476190474% of me is a huge nerd! How about you?
    Style over Substance

Good Point

Originally posted by lilnymph

doesn't really fit the idea of a roleplaying game though does it (or am I the only person who doesnt get random strangers coming up to me in the street and giving me hundreds of millions of pounds? )

Also please please please dont make GA nodrop, I have enough problem trying to raise skills I need, and the skills to wear Grid Armour. If I had to raise trade skills to make the darn thing thing into a nano too, I would be gimped to high heaven.

hugs

lilnymph
    Good Point.

I would like to see it random and tradable most places, only no drop on bosses so a non twink stands *some* chance of getting one... Perhaps a special Boss drop Nano version of it.

But that's a very good point about having to make it into a nano yourself

On and good point on the silly idea of Uber Classes for the rich.

Has this idea been said already? not sure. but to stop ninja looting, how about funcom just has it where if a monster dies or if a chest is opened, the contents are flashed over the screen? might be considered a little spammy, but I think it could be done and a little spam is better than missing out on good items do to sneaky ninja looters.
    "Did I tell you that you could speak?....then why are you still talking?."

Not in shops

If you put GA1 or GA2 quest items or in shops PVP will die at lower lvl's I Have a fixer twink. and at lvl 54 I am unstopable in ql 90 missions. If fc puts it in shop it's going to be nurfed. So it won't have worth any more. GA is rare and should stay rare.
    I spent a summer with a broken leg playing AO. And all summer I found one ga3 disc.

Re: Not in shops

Originally posted by luray
    If you put GA1 or GA2 quest items or in shops PVP will die at lower lvl's I Have a fixer twink. and at lvl 54 I am unstopable in ql 90 missions. If fc puts it in shop it's going to be nurfed. So it won't have worth any more. GA is rare and should stay rare.
    I spent a summer with a broken leg playing AO. And all summer I found one ga3 disc.
    I do not disagree it should be rare but beople who dont have uber twinks should have a chance of finding it too. if it drops in a boss mission it drops. Making it a nodrop nano in bosmissions so a fixer in a team stands a chance of getting one without camping with ubers or shoveling money at it

It does not effect the rarity of it at all (it is already dropping by bosses) But it will affect that normal fixers have a chance at it... god knows one cant buy it... well except on e-bay.

Originally posted by lilnymph

hugs

lilnymph
    You wouldn't receive hundreds of millions of credits from random strangers, you'd receive them from your relatives (your other charaters) or from your rich friends or you'd just work harder or smarter than anyone you know to make yourself wealthy. Are there no wealthy people in real life who provide advantages to their children and friends through their wealth? It seems like a valid and normal role to me and in a gameplay sense it would add something to do for high level players who start making lots of credits but have nothing to spend them on.

The problem with GA as a quest item is that quests are far to easier to accomplish(i.e. they can be cracked, and spoiled on net fansites). EVERYBODY would have it.

Why not remove the disks, make the crystal drop instead, increase the drop rate (from SUPER rare ->to-> rare) and tag it nodrop.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12