Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Money Duping Grid armor and the rest

Exclamation Money Duping Grid armor and the rest

Ok I am frustrated.

I have been playing since day 1 (I was one of the original paying beta testers)

I never duped items or cash and never used the powerleveling exploits. I have watched Grid armor a ql 60 disk go from 10 mil (which was insane) to over 80 Mil after the last Guild Money Exploit.

Make grid Armor a Quest item will you? How on earth can i compeat when my Main is level 64? With People tossing Millions around?

I am really getting annoyed with this Funcom.

GA is just one of the Issues but one that's fixable. Make it a quest or make it drop a helova lot more frequently. I have done about 100 missions and camped mob spots of level 60ish for many many months.

I hope this is addressed in 14.5

-Koyote

Been playin since day 1
    Played every Class Pre and Post Nerf

There is just too much motivation to cheat, and too many ways to do it.

Keep in mind that you are competing with a sizeable army of college kids who are trying to make a few bucks on ebay on a regular basis. That little disc you seek can fetch upwards of $100. Shades of Luc can go for $50 and Dragon armor runs up to $400+. Dupe some credits, buy this stuff, then turn it around on ebay = fast cash.

Plain credits will fetch money too, but there's too much competition to make it pay well. Better to convert the credits to big ticket items.

Old fashion players like you and me have no chance
    -Cheddar-

Some free advice
    Don't beg. It makes you look like a beggar.

I highly doubt AO is dominated by eBayers with only a few "real" players left. I hit up eBay every now and then to see what accounts are selling and what items people are spending stupid amounts of money on (Dragon Body Amor) and I've yet to see Grid Armor up there. In fact, there's really not much of interest on eBay.

The problem is that there are a lot of very high level, very bored players who are all making Fixer alts and who all want Grid Armor. This means people who actually have Fixer mains get completely screwed out of the market. It's really not any harder to get GA now than it used to be (you still basically have to find it or you're SOL)...the problem is that all these twinks have it, so you can't walk 10 feet without seeing a Fixer in Grid Armor.

So, the kicker is that Grid Armor is still just as unattainable for normal Fixers, but we have the added benefit of getting to see all the spank twinks running around with it.
    Clan fixer, Fourth Title

Director of Information
    Analog Myth

Grid Armor is ULTRA RARE. Which means that you are considered to have an advantage if you have it. Thus that is why it is worth so much. I think FC should leave it alone. YES I play a fixer, Yes I play I fixer who could wear GA MKIII and GA MKIV after a few levels.

IT is a rare nano and it was intended to be that way. If FC wanted every fixer to be able to have the nano, then by god it would be a quest or something you can buy in a store. you want it, go kill monsters to get it, or go blitz money to buy the ga.

Post ugh!

Originally posted by Deprivedyou
    Grid Armor is ULTRA RARE. Which means that you are considered to have an advantage if you have it. Thus that is why it is worth so much. I think FC should leave it alone. YES I play a fixer, Yes I play I fixer who could wear GA MKIII and GA MKIV after a few levels.

IT is a rare nano and it was intended to be that way. If FC wanted every fixer to be able to have the nano, then by god it would be a quest or something you can buy in a store. you want it, go kill monsters to get it, or go blitz money to buy the ga.
    I also agree that it should be "ultra rare" and "very, very, tough to get".

Unfortunately, Funcom thinks that running 100000 low QL missions or fighting 1000000000 low-end mobs is "tough". It's not tough. It's stupid, repititous, and very boring!

I know how fixers feel, simply because I, myself, would really like to have a PPPE so I can work my craft skills in armor. Unfortunately, the current going rate is 100+ million (although I have seen it in the 60 million range recently a few times).

This is just stupid. Make a quest. Make a TOUGH quest even.

Please, please, please, don't make us do the same thing a near-infinite amount of times simply to get an item which defines us as a class or style.

This shows nothing but a lack of creativity on FC's part...

Provisioner
    Trader: The trader is the most trade-skill oriented of all professions.

A quest is something that any one can do even if its class only and given time and help, anyone could do it.

I just think ultra rare should be just that.

Its like Verrant claiming that they will be lucky if there are 300 people out of the entire player base to become a jedi in SWG.

I can see the... I want to be l33t jedi too becuase they r0x0rz posts

Rare is hard to get. PPPE is hard to get, you dont need it, you know how to get it if you want it, but you dont need it to have a playable and contending player.

Unhappy

Originally posted by Luxxan
    I highly doubt AO is dominated by eBayers with only a few "real" players left. I hit up eBay every now and then to see what accounts are selling and what items people are spending stupid amounts of money on (Dragon Body Amor) and I've yet to see Grid Armor up there. In fact, there's really not much of interest on eBay...
    You're not looking in the right places. AO merchandise is strewn across different Ebay categories. Here's a current auction for GA II:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tem=1380103003

$122 with over a day left. Of course, GA II has been closing out at around $200 these days:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tem=1374509795

GA I has only been selling for ~$100 since it's more common.

Of course, there are always multiple running auctions for Shades of Luc and other farm-ables. It is extremely difficult for the casual player to obtain those items on RK1. There's usually lots of dragon stuff up for sale too, but power guilds can normally edge out the farmers when necessary.
    -Cheddar-

Some free advice
    Don't beg. It makes you look like a beggar.

Arrow "everything" is for sale

I've had people I've never met offer to send me money via paypal for stuff before. Another person in a team talked about a guy who was offering for his char/account. Its sick.
    Last edited by Mercatura; Sep 11th, 2002 at 02:58:20.
    mercatura -ae f. [trade, traffic; merchandise]

Moved off-world and found real tradeskills...along with many other things

I seriously doubt that Funcom can make a quest in AO "hard". But that's all right. I think the Fixer Grid quest is a good example of how a quest in AO can be done right.

P.S. But I haven't actually done the quest. Does it really suck and I just haven't been listening?

Common folks

Please people.

grid Armor is a ql 60 Disk that sells for more than a ql 190+ Viral egg.

It was ment to be rare yes but not for the exclusive UBER cashe shovelers or E-bayers.

BTW the selling price trippled since the last Guild Money Duping Exploit... there is also a reason for that.

I say make it No Drop, Make it Quest or Sell it to me on E-bay with out risk of being Banned.

80 Mil for a ql 60 Item is silly no matter who wants to try and justify it.

Umm

PPPE is getting more and more common it's not that rare it's just newly added and so there are a rare few of them.

If an Item that is ql 60 isnt accessable to someone in their level 60's something is wrong.

It's not that rare what it is is exclusive for people with Ubercash keeping the non Ubertwinks out of the game.

I would guess one of 2 things, you either have it already or you dont even play a fixer. It's not quite as superficial as a PPPE

Originally posted by Deprivedyou
    A quest is something that any one can do even if its class only and given time and help, anyone could do it.

I just think ultra rare should be just that.

Its like Verrant claiming that they will be lucky if there are 300 people out of the entire player base to become a jedi in SWG.

I can see the... I want to be l33t jedi too becuase they r0x0rz posts

Rare is hard to get. PPPE is hard to get, you dont need it, you know how to get it if you want it, but you dont need it to have a playable and contending player.

Re: ugh!

Well said.

Originally posted by Provisioner

I also agree that it should be "ultra rare" and "very, very, tough to get".

Unfortunately, Funcom thinks that running 100000 low QL missions or fighting 1000000000 low-end mobs is "tough". It's not tough. It's stupid, repititous, and very boring!

I know how fixers feel, simply because I, myself, would really like to have a PPPE so I can work my craft skills in armor. Unfortunately, the current going rate is 100+ million (although I have seen it in the 60 million range recently a few times).

This is just stupid. Make a quest. Make a TOUGH quest even.

Please, please, please, don't make us do the same thing a near-infinite amount of times simply to get an item which defines us as a class or style.

This shows nothing but a lack of creativity on FC's part...

Provisioner

Re: Common folks

Originally posted by Koyote
    Please people.

grid Armor is a ql 60 Disk that sells for more than a ql 190+ Viral egg.

It was ment to be rare yes but not for the exclusive UBER cashe shovelers or E-bayers.

BTW the selling price trippled since the last Guild Money Duping Exploit... there is also a reason for that.

I say make it No Drop, Make it Quest or Sell it to me on E-bay with out risk of being Banned.

80 Mil for a ql 60 Item is silly no matter who wants to try and justify it.
    BTW I was kidding about buying it on Ebay. I pay enough per month for this game I dont want to have to *buy* items in it.
    That's good Beer money

you guys should look at the amount of high lvl people now too. if you are lvl 150+ or even 100+ in a good guild it is easy to get any item you need from a quest. plus if you have some high lvl freinds it makes AO that much easyer. most of the people i play with are lvl 150-200. so if i need items or stuff i can always find a person to help me get it. and the same goes for my friend. so they should leave GA armor rare. makes it so you have something of value and not just another nano at less for GA III and IV. but GA I and II maybe should be easyer to get make them a shop nano or something.
    Proud member of TAG
    Zedtheknife - Keeper Equip
    Weapons I use on Zedtheknife
    Gelids
    Copy of the Excaliber
    Frost-bound Reaper
    Zed "Doczed" Dabucho Equip
    Zedthepimp MA
    Zedddd (120) Trader
    Zedthekiller (115) MP
    Zedtheone (105) Enf

Not in shops

Originally posted by Zed Dabucho
    you guys should look at the amount of high lvl people now too. if you are lvl 150+ or even 100+ in a good guild it is easy to get any item you need from a quest. plus if you have some high lvl freinds it makes AO that much easyer. most of the people i play with are lvl 150-200. so if i need items or stuff i can always find a person to help me get it. and the same goes for my friend. so they should leave GA armor rare. makes it so you have something of value and not just another nano at less for GA III and IV. but GA I and II maybe should be easyer to get make them a shop nano or something.
    Ah dont take me wrong I still think it should be rare and *not* in shops (Grid armor that is) But something needs to be done as it is only available to people who are actually around the level if they have an unreasonable amount of cash. (IE an Uber with 100's of mil) I TOTALLY lucked out. Some VERY Very kind woman sold GA MK I to me for 50 Mil

If they made it Nodrop at least the Fixer would need to be present.

I think having to work hard to get it is fine, infact I would prefer to have earned mine with Deeds instead of CR But I usually have Crap for luck and camping areas is pretty dull.

I actually have some creative Ideas for Funcom... I hope to get around to writing them down in the near future.

I think Funcom wants to do what's right... it's just hard figuring out what is fair.

=)
    Last edited by Koyote; Sep 15th, 2002 at 00:05:34.

Re: Not in shops

I'm not sure if FC really reads these but here is a though.

Make Grid armor that drops from Bosses in missions No Drop. That will put an end to some disturbing news I found out from one fixer Guild and that they will sometimes condone doing missions and breaking team at the end and looting the boss.

Terrible... but then again I wonder if they are forced in a way to do it because anyone in the group that had first loot would take the grid armor to sell since it sometimse sells for over 100k for MK I.

This would mean Fixers in team missions would get the Grid armor and Ubers could Still hunt outdoors for it.

Not a perfect Solution but I think it's reasonable.

What do you think Cosmik?

Originally posted by Koyote

Ah dont take me wrong I still think it should be rare and *not* in shops (Grid armor that is) But something needs to be done as it is only available to people who are actually around the level if they have an unreasonable amount of cash. (IE an Uber with 100's of mil) I TOTALLY lucked out. Some VERY Very kind woman sold GA MK I to me for 50 Mil

If they made it Nodrop at least the Fixer would need to be present.

I think having to work hard to get it is fine, infact I would prefer to have earned mine with Deeds instead of CR But I usually have Crap for luck and camping areas is pretty dull.

I actually have some creative Ideas for Funcom... I hope to get around to writing them down in the near future.

I think Funcom wants to do what's right... it's just hard figuring out what is fair.

=)
    Last edited by Koyote; Sep 15th, 2002 at 10:45:47.

Doubt it's possible to make an item nodrop in one circumstance and tradeable in another.
    Gunned down the young. Now old, crotchety, and back.

Positive it can be done and fairly easy

Originally posted by Kiryat-Dharin
    Doubt it's possible to make an item nodrop in one circumstance and tradeable in another.
    As a Programmer I am positive it not only can be done but should be fairly easy.

At worst all they would need to do is creat a new item called Grid Armor MK I disk - No drop

Problem solved in less than 30 mins Set the flags for this disk to drop from bosses - Bingo.

As a programmer, it depends on the structure of their system.

For example, if their items are structured as doubly linked lists (which I don't think they are, for other reasons), it's impossible to do just that for the simple reason that the reverse link can only point to one place.

That said, FC can't fix inits on items or make them drop properly. You really trust them to make this change?

Finally, making GA no-drop won't solve a damn thing. So let's not bother.
    Gunned down the young. Now old, crotchety, and back.

Originally posted by Kiryat-Dharin
    As a programmer, it depends on the structure of their system.

For example, if their items are structured as doubly linked lists (which I don't think they are, for other reasons), it's impossible to do just that for the simple reason that the reverse link can only point to one place.

That said, FC can't fix inits on items or make them drop properly. You really trust them to make this change?

Finally, making GA no-drop won't solve a damn thing. So let's not bother.
    I disagree at the very least they can create a new nano that is no drop with a new name just like any new nano. not cross linked and I am sure they can do that or they cant add any new nanos.

Idealy there are better ways, but I was saying at worst case they can create a new disk and nano that has no refrence to the first but has the same effect. (Just like any new item they are listing.) Still a 30 min fix if done that way.

And yes it does solve the growing number of Fixers that Break group in the boss room and loot in hopes of getting the grid armor. So yes, let's please do bother =P And others can hunt it otherways as Tradeable or Buy it on E-bay still.

Making the Disk no drop from boss loot doesnt damage the system it only keeps people from looting it from a fixer just for the cash. I dont see the logic on not bothering nor it not solving a problem.

What's a better solution? Besides donating a paycheck to E-bay I mean.
    Last edited by Koyote; Sep 16th, 2002 at 04:20:45.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast