Thread: LAG: NLF'S LAST LAUGH? An insidious plot or a fluke of fate...

LAG: NLF'S LAST LAUGH? An insidious plot or a fluke of fate...

We reporters at the Freelance strive to bring you ALL the news, from ALL factions. (But sometimes a story is so controversial that even the Editorial staff refuses to print it.) A few days ago this information appeared on my computer from an anonymous source. Because of its volatile nature I attempted to verify its truthfulness, but all I received from Omni-Tek were a lot of "No Comments!" After my offices were ransacked and nearly destroyed, (good thing I kept these files on my PDA) I decided to publish what I have as unconfirmed reports and let you, the good people of Rubi-ka decide as to their veracity.

We all know about the tragic events (some would say justice) that took place at the NLF act of Terrorism in Clon**** (see http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...d.php?t=504046), but was it a fluke, a tragic accident. Or was it a methodically planned revenge on Omni-Tek and their "so-called" raping of the planet for notum.

The following are excerpts from a high-level data report from Omni-Mining to Omni-Admin:

29481-07-21 Data indicates that an unknown object (10AC3) of unknown composition has appeared in orbit. What is this? Looks like it could be from the Clon**** cannons, judging from the trajectory.

29481-07-22 Data indicates that the unknown object (10AC3) is maintaining position. What the hell? It can't maintain that orbit unless it is releasing energy. This may be some new kind of alien technology, we'd best divert a battlestation so we can inspect it.

29481-07-23 Data indicates that the unknown object (10AC3) is maintaining position. The disaster on the battlestation was unfortunate, but we got the data we needed. Flagging object (10AC3) as notum singularity, and targeting sensors to get an energy reading. My best guess is that somehow two notum shipments collided in orbit, and created a critical mass. But this shouldn't be possible, the Clon**** cannons are locked so that this can't happen. It's probably a clan plot.

29481-07-24 Data indicates that the notum singularity has an energy reading of 29642. This is strange. The energy readings are much higher than they should be. This certainly explains the time event that occurred on the battlestation. The event horizon seems to be growing. What could be feeding it?

29481-07-25 Data indicates that the notum singularity has an energy reading of 30235. This is a 2% increase since yesterday. According to my math, at this rate, the event horizon will reach Rubi-Ka within 2 weeks, and will reach the maximum size in 4 weeks covering much of this solar system. I hope I'm wrong, forwarding this to the egg heads.

29481-07-26 Data indicates that the notum singularity has an energy reading of 30174. This is a decrease of 0.2% since the previous reading yesterday. Great! It's starting to shrink. Maybe the eggheads were right, and it will dissipate on its own.

29481-07-27 Data indicates that the notum singularity has an energy reading of 30023. This is a decrease of 0.5% since the previous reading yesterday. The singularity continues to shrink. Perhaps there is hope for this little dirtball after all.

29481-07-28 Data indicates that the notum singularity has an energy reading of 30022. It seems to have stabilized. What's going on? This is not a stable configuration for the system. Something must be adding energy to it.

29481-07-29 Data indicates that the notum singularity has an energy reading of 30922. This is an increase of 3% since the previous reading yesterday. Holy hell. It's growing again. We're doomed. Asking the eggheads for more info again.

29481-07-30 Data indicates that the notum singularity has an energy reading of 31107. This is an increase of 0.6% since the previous reading yesterday. This is consistent with the theory that the orbital lasers are somehow being partially absorbed by the singularity.

29481-07-31 Data indicates that the notum singularity has an energy reading of 31109. Readings are statistically indistinguishable from yesterday's. This remains consistent with the orbital laser theory. Running some simulations, and it's not as bleak as I previously thought. The eggheads agree. At this rate, the time event horizon will reach the surface sometime around August 8th. We somehow have to convince ICC to increase the lockout. I think we can get this under control before the time effects reach the surface of Rubi-Ka.

Also, here are some Memos from High level officials (these came to me with names deleted)

To: ********* ********* *******

The ***** *********** continues to grow. The techs are recommending that we petition ICC to increase the lockout on the ******* ************ systems to ** *******. I'm not sure if this is a good idea, as the ******* systems are quite critical in maintaining control of the notum mining operations. I think they're exaggerating the effects this will have on the surface of the planet. I'm not a scientist, but it's in orbit, there's no way the incident on the ************* can occur all the way down here. It's inconceivable.

Signed,

To: ******* ******* *************

As per your recommendation, we will maintain operations as previously planned. We do ask you to confirm with the rest of Omni-Research that the 63.2% chance of it dissipating is indeed accurate. Please keep us informed if you can pin this percentage down any more.

Omni-Tek Protects!

The technicians are complaining about the ******* ************ system lockout timers not being updated. They say that if the lockout timer is increased, the chance of the ***** *********** dissipating completely can be increased to 89.6%. I've had two technicians request transfer into the Shadowlands for research projects there, as data indicates that the **** effects will not fully penetrate there.

Signed,

As per your previous memo, we have put a proposal in front of the committee to suggest to the board that they petition ICC regarding this matter. We are also suggesting that you put some technicians onto a project to research whether a craft to travel through a time stasis zone is feasible, in order to transport notum from the Shadowlands in the event that the event should occur.

Omni-Tek Protects!

As you can see, this resonating cascade effect is world wide, causing major amounts of time-distortion. So, if you are experiencing LAG, blame the NLF!

"And now you know!"
    Last edited by Nadab; Aug 19th, 2007 at 19:02:12. Reason: Title too long
    Alexsi "Nadab" Stefanovich

Corporal Officer, Omni-Pol Field Ops
    (Atlantean)

formerly
    T-Sgt1C, Omni-AF, 4th Fusiliers RST, Retired.

If I'm the Agent of Shai-hulud, where's my 10% ?
    Roleplaying Profile of Alexsi "Nadab" Stefanovich

such language... such finger pointing...

LAG is just a series of galactic events, caused by solar flares, causing us to feel drowsy for abit, unabling to do the simplest things, and power surges to about all transport systems.
    Never knock on death's door, always ring the bell and run. Death really hates that.

Quote Originally Posted by playboyfixer View Post
    such language... such finger pointing...

LAG is just a series of galactic events, caused by solar flares, causing us to feel drowsy for abit, unabling to do the simplest things, and power surges to about all transport systems.
    Also malicious xan ghosts in the shadowlands trying to bring Ergo's machinery into an halt. Disturbing the notum flow. Hence the name Lag Spirit.
    Server first !!! Neutral Solitus Male Soldier named Boltgun to wear a short with pink spots on RK1 !!!
    N E U T R A L I Z E R S

i'm sure most people know that due to the source fluctuations alot can go wrong in the shadowlands ^^
    Never knock on death's door, always ring the bell and run. Death really hates that.