Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: IRRK: The Battle of Borealis

Independent Reporters of Rubi-Ka Editor: IRRK's Avatar

IRRK: The Battle of Borealis

The Battle of Borealis
    August 18, 29481 - Brad Talamer [Atlantean]

IRRK - Borealis (IRRK) - July 21st - The time for peaceful protests in Newland seemed to draw to a close, as Neutral forces fought ranks from both factions in a brutal battle in the city to mark an exclamation on their aim to reclaim the city.

The fight, unofficially dubbed as the Battle of Borealis, marked the end of an era where peaceful protests were the only weapon condoned by the neutrals. Once the unofficial capital of the neutral community, and more recently a place of protest since the occupation of the Unicorn Company, the city was the venue of the latest bloodbath, where the only red, blue & grey left was blood, weapon discharge and marks of melee strikes into the nearby walls and ground.

The event happened in the Main Square of the city, where the proceedings of the Neutral Rights Day were finishing off with a speech by Third Faction President Nohva. The large audience of neutral right supporters from all sides was soon joined by Borealis "administrator" Jessica Lonare - Who was soon followed by a heavily-armed Omni-Pol riot squad.

Initially assuming a passive approach, Lonare stood at the side of the large crowd while listening to Nohva's speech. It was with the "administrator's" presence where members of the crowd started to get rowdy - With neutral and clan hardliners goading the force. After the end of the speech, Lonare left for safety while the riot force attempted to get the crowd to disperse. Not willing to bend over for the occupying forces anymore, neutral & clan forces collectively resisted the squad, eventually coming to blows.

After blows started to be exchanged, the Main Square soon became a warzone as every side started to fight with each other - Omni-Tek forces were assisting the riot force, neutral forces were trying to eliminate the combined Omni-Tek forces, and a minority of Clan forces also took the opportunity to attack both sides while their respective forces were occupied with each other.

It is at this point where it's difficult to describe the events. The area soon became a death trap for anyone in the area not involved in the battle, forcing a small group of non-combatants (including resident DJs Veldron & Tarryk of Gridstream Productions) to retreat to a nearby area away from the Battle (although some were still injured from stray gunfire). The Battle lasted over an hour and reached approximately 100 combatants with the inclusion of pets, nearby Omni-Pol guards and reinforcements from all sides who'd received details of the battle.

With the riot force and Omni-Tek employees eventually killed, the fighting subsided - But did not end as Clan forces decided to have one last attack of the Neutral forces. Eventually, the Battle ended with victory for the neutrals, with one last speech from Nohva, the de facto leader of the fight's neutral forces, to end the day. In an interview with IRRK after the Battle, Nohva mentioned that, "It was quite obvious Lonare was prepared to send in an assault force on us, a peaceful gathering. I saw neutrals die today defending their own city. It brought tears of joy to my eyes and a gladness in my heart to see how valiantly they fought." Nohva continued on, saying that "We did not want open war, but the corporation has brought it to our door. Many have said that neutrals would be foolish to become embroiled in such a thing - But perhaps it would be the other factions, who have been deadlocked for ages, to incite the united rage of 17% of Rubi-Ka's population."

With the sudden and early retreat of Lonare, rumours have surfaced that Omni-Tek had invoked the fight to disrupt the celebration of neutral rights. Considering that the equipment & combat-preparation of the riot force was visibly higher than even veteran Omni-Pol forces, there is said to be ground to these rumours. Though in an expected response, IRRK received press statements from two separate Omni-Tek offices shortly before press refuting the rumours - Omni-Pol claimed that the riot force had been under strict orders to follow Lonare's orders and uphold the security of the city, while Lonare's office claimed that the "administrator" had left early due to injury after being hit in the head by a rock. Believe what you will.

In the meantime, neutral forces across Rubi-Ka are celebrating the win over what is considered their city. To quote the Third Faction leader's words on the result, "While the Lion and the Tiger have fought, they have now awoken a sleeping Bear in the neutral people". How the Omni-Tek Directors will respond to the recent defeat of their forces at Borealis remains to be seen, but one thing is sure - The time for holding placards and shouting chants may be far from over, but the time to pick up a weapon and fight for the city is just beginning.

Attached Images:
    borealis5.jpg
    borealis4.jpg
    borealis3.jpg
    borealis2.jpg
    borealis1.jpg

(( nice story but somehow i fear in the end RPing might become totally ruined qua diplomacy cause of the pvpers just killing whatever runs around for a new title, as said with "and a minority of Clan forces also took the opportunity to attack both sides while their respective forces were occupied with each other." maybe some RPers joined along in teh confusion, but we should beware how to treat diplomacy between factions with the pvpers intervening (as was the case with the long-past yutto incident in borealis) ))
    Never knock on death's door, always ring the bell and run. Death really hates that.

Oooo fun fun.

(( meh, PVPers always gank at these things. Even if funcom removed titles they'd still do it just cause. people attacking anything and everything, that's a riot for you. ))
    Point Blank

Yawn, what it finally started ? 'bout time.

While Mr King is all in favor for peaceful solution, I'm all about war. Or to live longer, make Omni Tek give the city back. I don't believe that peaceful solutions will go far, maybe it's time for neutrals to prove themselves worthy of that city and the radar dish.

Either way, it's not life for Borealis to stay under such rule. Omni Tek go build another dish in the south and leave Bory alone.
    Server first !!! Neutral Solitus Male Soldier named Boltgun to wear a short with pink spots on RK1 !!!
    N E U T R A L I Z E R S

It is about time the Neutrals see the power we have as a combined force. One to be recond with. May all Neutrals work together to streangthen what we as Neutrals hold so dear. Our freedoms! ! ! Great Job pushing the Omni and clan out of OUR city.
    I as a former member of the NLF and one who was not killed in the mishap due to being on my own journey at the time and out of radio contact.
    I will say, I concur with the the feelings and beliefs of Third Faction and will support my new home as fervantly as I did the NLF. Again, Way to go fellow Neutrals. Let this just be the start and see what each of us can due for the greater good of ALL Neutrals.

The Move by Omni-Tek into Borealis was a mistake from the start, both for Militaristic and Public Relations reasons, Omni-Tek should pull out, leave the city to the Neutrals and focus on more important things like removing the Strong Clan presence from 4 Holes which is of great threat to many lower level Omni-Tek employees which the company persists on sending there.
    Ebondevil - Omni Level 220 Agent on Atlantean, Feel free to contact me any time if you have questions, in game or out.
    Varinox - Omni Level 220 Meta-Physicist on Atlantean
    Yamarra - Omni Level 150 Shade on Atlantean

Feel free to send me any tell in game or a Private Message if you require anything.

not really though, we know omni tek lacks the intelligence to not do such mistakes, nor to actually leave borealis knowing they're not wanted in a neutral city, and keep sending the omnis in 4 holes, we got bullets enough
    Never knock on death's door, always ring the bell and run. Death really hates that.

Quote Originally Posted by playboyfixer View Post
    not really though, we know omni tek lacks the intelligence to not do such mistakes, nor to actually leave borealis knowing they're not wanted in a neutral city, and keep sending the omnis in 4 holes, we got bullets enough
    Or they just refuse to admit they arent the superbrain they think they are.
    Towerblock, 220/30/70 Engineer
    President of Steadfast

And way too many alts...

Expansion is an inevitability of being human. As such, Omni-Tek's expansion towards Borealis is justifiable, real people need land to build homes and workplaces on. If we have to clear waste-products out of the way first, then so be it.

Quote Originally Posted by Menome View Post
    Expansion is an inevitability of being human. As such, Omni-Tek's expansion towards Borealis is justifiable, real people need land to build homes and workplaces on. If we have to clear waste-products out of the way first, then so be it.
    And so is the revolution that follows, when people pick up arms and send the trash back to Rome.
    Are you not familiar with cause/effect eventualities as well?
    President of Steadfast

And way too many alts...

did you just call the neutrals that were in Borealis waste-products?

(( and bubba, you posted in atlantean threads law of punishment forces you to come live on atlantean now ;p ))

Quote Originally Posted by playboyfixer View Post
    did you just call the neutrals that were in Borealis waste-products?
    What else do you call unwanted materials on legally-owned property? I could name them vagrants, wastrels and gypsies if that would sound better, but at the end of the day, until that lease runs out in 49 years, this is Omni-Tek soil, and I'm surprised at how much our high-management has tolerated these past few years.

Whilst I'm reluctant to back full-scale war, due to the amount of valuable resources that would be wasted on removing opposing factions from our property, I think certain situations of persuasion like this send out a clear message:

If you're not Omni-Tek, you don't belong here.

Menome, I wouldn't be so aggressive against neutrals... they aren't the real treat for Omni Tek presence in RK. The treats are the Aliens and the clans. The neutrals are just a benign presence. I fail to see why our CEO is considering them a threat ...
    Hikari "Aerya" Hirano (Level 220 AI 30 LE 70) Number of Invaders killed: 108121 [Equipment]
    Squad Commander of First Order (retired)
    OT-Reform Officer

"Remember, Bigman, it is easy "protect society" by executing a criminal, but that will not bring back his victims. If one can cure him instead and use him to make life better and brighter for that society, how much more has been accomplished!"
    I.Asimov

This is OT-Reform way.
    We do not KILL people... We PROCESS them

Quote Originally Posted by Aerya View Post
    Menome, I wouldn't be so aggressive against neutrals... they aren't the real treat for Omni Tek presence in RK. The treats are the Aliens and the clans. The neutrals are just a benign presence. I fail to see why our CEO is considering them a threat ...
    I would agree with this point of view, their presence is sanctioned by ICC and generally I'd much rather see a PR solution than an agressive one towards them, all agression will do is drive them towards the clans which just makes things worse all round.
    Ebondevil - Omni Level 220 Agent on Atlantean, Feel free to contact me any time if you have questions, in game or out.
    Varinox - Omni Level 220 Meta-Physicist on Atlantean
    Yamarra - Omni Level 150 Shade on Atlantean

Feel free to send me any tell in game or a Private Message if you require anything.

maybe cause while you wanna shoot the neutrals, i prefer to embrace them as friends

Am missing something here, did Lonare actually say anything of value or is she "still" promising us a copy of the legal fluff that admin seem to be taking along time faking which supposidly gives them a right to inhabit Borealis. Or more likely, she had nothing again?!

As for being hit by a rock pfft. She got off lucky by the sound of it.
    Major "Nyadach" Prabel
    Neutral and proud of it!

What else do you call unwanted materials on legally-owned property? I could name them vagrants, wastrels and gypsies if that would sound better, but at the end of the day, until that lease runs out in 49 years, this is Omni-Tek soil, and I'm surprised at how much our high-management has tolerated these past few years.

Whilst I'm reluctant to back full-scale war, due to the amount of valuable resources that would be wasted on removing opposing factions from our property, I think certain situations of persuasion like this send out a clear message:

If you're not Omni-Tek, you don't belong here.
    Oh man, I needed that laugh. A good comedy like this peice is hard to come by. Unrealistic, hateful, and he refuses to defend his opinion by committing to the conflict? Lemme ask ya something... how is the view from the cheap seats these days?
    President of Steadfast

And way too many alts...

Quote Originally Posted by Bubbacrush View Post
    Oh man, I needed that laugh. A good comedy like this peice is hard to come by. Unrealistic, hateful, and he refuses to defend his opinion by committing to the conflict? Lemme ask ya something... how is the view from the cheap seats these days?
    Whilst you try to score cheap shots with words, I have no doubt my compatriots at Omni-Tek are using words in a much more efficient manner, to ensure favourable negotiations, and to make plans of action concerning the occupance of our land.

The 'Neutrals' may not be an aggressive threat towards Omni-Tek the majority of the time, but at the end of they day, they are not part of the corporation, and if they're not with us, then they are part of the problem.

Joining us is the solution. We can offer luxuries that are unobtainable elsewhere, guaranteed work for the corporation, a salary, affordable homes, and the latest mod-cons for comfortable living. All we ask in return is to stay with us, not to defect to these pressure groups and their terrorist nature, and serve Omni-Tel to the best of your ability.

Be smart. Be Omni.

All we ask in return is to stay with us, not to defect to these pressure groups and their terrorist nature, and serve Omni-Tel to the best of your ability.
    Omni-Tel? is that the company that calls people about buying shares from omni-tek companies nonstop so it's like comm. spam? ^^

Yes, there are many jobs to be found at Omni-Tel, at hours that suit you and your family.

(( >_>

<_<))

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast