Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: 18.7 updates

18.7 updates

These are the changes Michi has proposed (or built) into 18.7. http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...otes-18-7-0-20

Martial Artist

• Nano Anvil Fists provides a melee damage override
    • Greatly reduced heal nano costs
    • Nano Matrix of Ka: Reduced casting requirements
    • AC Buffs no longer require Matter Creation
    • Nano Form of Risan: Increases evades by 60, changed to the AC Buff nano line
    • Lowered defensive check on Delirium and Flower of Life
    • Sharpened Kuma Tonfas
    • Added new weapon: X1-R4 Viral Force-Blades
    • Nano Four Fists of Kali: Increases MA by 160, Sharp Objects by 60, and Fast Attack by 30
    • Nano Martial Arts Mastery: Increases MA by 60 and Sharp Objects by 30
    • Increased Taunt nano effectiveness
    •Increased nano cost in Zazen Stance; lowered HoT of additional Zazen heals

Edit:

Note that these changes are in addition to or to augment previous changes proposed by Genele http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...otes-18-7-0-17 as seen below:

Martial Artists
    • Martial Artists have gotten a new nano program called Zazen Stance. cancelling this nano formula removes all of your nano pool. It will increases your Add. Nano Cost and Healing Efficiency. It will decreases your: CriticalIncrease, all damage types, Evade-ClsC , Dodge-Rng and Duck-Exp. The duration of this stance is 4 hours and that it can only be used by Martial Artists.
    • Martial Artist healing nano program have been updated. The target/team will get a heal over time if you are in the Zazen Stance when executing the healing nano formula. The Heal over time from the single target nano line stacks with the team nano line. The target/team does NOT get a heal over time if you are NOT in the Zazen Stance when executing this nano formula. All heals will have a 2 second recharge. Instead of locking the martial artist in recharge, all heals have gotten a line cooldown. Meaning if the MA has the nano pool to support it, he will be able to heal with the team heals and the single target heals at the same time making him challenge even the doctor when it comes to healing. Martial Artist heals will have a high casting cost as a result of this massive transformation and will likely have to focus more on nano cost/first aid/nano delta to make an effective healing setup.
    • Martial Artist Critical increase buff line has been updated with the values from the agent aimed shot line: The highest critical increase value the martial artist will be able to buff their target with is 11 points and the martial artist will be able to buff himself with 28 points of critical increase at the highest level.
    • Martial Artist Fists of the Winter Flame buff has a line cooldown of 2 minutes and now buffs all damage types.

Several of these are fairly straight-forward quality of life adjustments, and clearly Michi has listened to the MA response to the original 18.7 patch.

Personally, I'm very pleased with these changes - even from a subjective point of view, these changes clearly indicate that the real, serious problems that MA's were facing from the previous 18.7 patch were considered and adjusted accordingly.

I'll comment on all individual changes though:

• Nano Anvil Fists provides a melee damage override - As Paav wanted, Excellent change, and I wonder if it will affect some things like: aimed shot becoming melee, ranger perks, and most importantly MA perks?

• Greatly reduced heal nano costs - If any were aware of the heal cost on MA heals in the original 18.7, you'd know that this is needed. (an obvious change)

• Nano Matrix of Ka: Reduced casting requirements These were quite high before, so it's good if they are slightly lower, I assume we won't be able to cast under divest/NR1 though.

• AC Buffs no longer require Matter Creation - a good QoL adjustment with few repercussions other than a minor IP saving.

• Nano Form of Risan: Increases evades by 60, changed to the AC Buff nano line - this is OK, but not great, it means two things: 1. we'll gain 20 evades (RI+FoR = 180 vs previous FoR = 160) at the expense of a decent chunk of NCU. The AC buff (I assume) on FoR isn't really needed we'll get it anyway. The other thing is that now if we want to use GSF, it'll be less of a nerf - now we'll get 78+60=138 , instead of 160 (FoR) OR 78 (GSF) which means our evades loss for a gain of a lot of RS is significantly less. Overall, for this reason, a good change.

• Lowered defensive check on Delirium and Flower of Life - this is highly valuable, And I think it will make lower level MA's much more deadly in TL5ish+ PVP

• Sharpened Kuma Tonfas - ok

• Added new weapon: X1-R4 Viral Force-Blades - I assume these will have a sneak attack tacked on them, if so, a decent change.

• Nano Four Fists of Kali: Increases MA by 160, Sharp Objects by 60, and Fast Attack by 30 - OMFG sweet. This really is a good change for MA's. Any MA worth his salt knows how valuable those last 2-3 pieces of CC are to get that SO up to use tears. This will really make things a lot better and make MA's more functional under different setups (i.e more HP). Also, usable at TL5ish too which will make lava caps and others much more deadly (note the 50% DR check)

• Nano Martial Arts Mastery: Increases MA by 60 and Sharp Objects by 30 - ya, very nice, less usable at this level - but consider that this is now the ONLY buff in game for SO, and holy crap will that make a difference for lowby PVP... kizzers at level 14 etc.

• Increased Taunt nano effectiveness -ok

•Increased nano cost in Zazen Stance; lowered HoT of additional Zazen heals - ok good, I think this is really a decent change, it's clear Michi read the responses from the initial 18.7 patch, and this is ideal. It means MA's CAN be a support healer but we'll not be completely nerfed for standard function in standard stance. Props Michi - great job.

Overall - these changes indicate that Michi has listened to the MA community and made a great effort to make the prof more utilitarian (Zazen, melee dmg buff, SA att weap, SO buffs, etc.) and we'll also get clear benefit from the deflect mechanism which I haven't mentioned yet.

General Changes
    • Glance adjustments:
    • Glance chance changed to 0%->10% between 0->3000 skill in Deflect (previously "Parry")
    • Sneak Attack will do half damage if deflected
    • Full Auto, if a shot is deflected, all subsequent bullets will do half damage
    • Dimach cannot be glanced

Syndicate Brain symbiants have had extra modifications applied
    • Wistful Apparition can occasionally drop high-QL Martial Art attacks

All things here are very reasonable fixes and based on standard endgame IP distribution for MA we should end up with about 7%*50% = 3.5% overall mitigation

I'm not entirely sure the deflect change is that valuable, but since we IP it already there's no reason to complain.
    Last edited by McKnuckleSamwich; Feb 11th, 2015 at 07:08:38.

You are not the only ma who like to say somethin: i waited for a buff for the ma... The only things that are missing now is to update the fist if dominator, higher ma attack range , maybe a multimelee buff , parry( deflect) repost buff, brawlbuff, dimach buff.

These mentioned things are wishes but lets face a fact. Those chamges are hughe for ma pvp especially for duels if you play fex. Def profs should be killed easy with conc and the checks+ if you use infantry brain( bow specc) -> easy killable( maybe even perkable) , nts will **** us less cause of the decreased dmg, sold will get maybe tankable through a temp zazen use to outheal troaler because of .... Without nr 1 crats will get mor hugh over mas but maybe with pestilence a bow of belith a nice sa through the new weapon a bow specc we can win cause we mith survive through glance longer ... and trader might get harder and absorbs will get crushed faster.....

Mrknuckle now i tell you what i have understood form of risan is a ac buff means you can buff to it form ri means we can buff like 300 evades ( not sure what form of risan is buffing actually
    Last edited by Rockleee; Feb 11th, 2015 at 05:32:22.

form of risan is going from 160-->60

BUT it'll stack with reduce inertia (since it's in the AC line now).

It's a very small boost - but what it does that is highly desireable is that it will allow us to make use of GSF and the 60 extra evades.

the only real drawback I see is increased NCU use.

Quick thoughts as Ive been playing my trox MA on test all day. I love the changes. And yes, Nooba, you cannot cast top heals with NR1 or Divests, as a trox, Im even wearing 1 300 CS Sleeve to cast the top team heal. Im still trying to figure out how to build/where to get the X1-R4 Viral Force-Blades. So I cant comment on those yet.
    Rocts - 220 Soli Martial Artist
    Rocts2 - Leveling Bow Soli Martial Artist
    Testlive Trox MA - Wtscrits // Opi MA - Rocts // Soli MA - Rocts2 // Deleted NM MA, not Viable.

+many old TL7s across old retired accounts.

beauty I will get on TL as soon as I get home from work... I'm very excited for these changes they look awesome.

Theyre pretty amazing, Im quite impressed tbh with MAs. Theyve done a great job.
    Rocts - 220 Soli Martial Artist
    Rocts2 - Leveling Bow Soli Martial Artist
    Testlive Trox MA - Wtscrits // Opi MA - Rocts // Soli MA - Rocts2 // Deleted NM MA, not Viable.

+many old TL7s across old retired accounts.

Exclamation

excited my lv60 ma & lv150 ma will have more AR with the + to MA nano buffs ^_^ !!!

hope price of sharp object doesn't go up or get overcamped now
    "Don't think...feel, it's like a finger pointing towards the moon"

Went on test yesterday and liked what I saw for both Keeps(PRoE is OP for sneak attacks) and MAs(can hold agg off most shades and enfs now). To quickly add Form of Risan is 180 on live but point still stands for GSF.

I really like the changes, it seems that Michi is a GD who finally listens to the community. Just a quick question tho - has anything been done about duration of our nanos?

What about opeifex or solitus can they nr1 and use the heal? On cc setup for sure

I think a fex with bow of belith would be cocoon crushong

By the way here is a question : what happen to flurry and did they increase crit chance buffs???
    Also another question that came to my mind.... The trader shotgun will be a great nerve against ma if to much poeple start wearing it... It might capp too often.

Tonfa got increased dmg or what? ( maybe the weapon can be build with a tonfa and a screwdriver or something or even maybe if you combine bob with tonfa or something?

A lot more than I asked! Solitus MA will be damn nice again.
    anyone know the reqs of healing nanos?

Tonfa is now 325-495. That's about it.
    [[ RYUAHN | 220/21 Opifex Trader
    == Proud Member of Core ==
    [[ ALASTROPHE | 220/15 Solitus Martial-Artist

Quote Originally Posted by Raggy View Post
    There is literally nothing wrong with {Shutdown Skills} in it's current incarnation. What should be being looked at is the reason why it's needed so much. E.g, the incredible amount of Alpha being thrown around and the fickleness of Evade profs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cratertina View Post
    I walk in to BS... could not perk people... with 3704 AR and 300 AAD drain... NT facerolled me, shade instagibbed me, after a few minutes I just decided not gonna bother.

Wow 15 min and 5 max dmg ... What about mbs?

I have a question... Its less to those changes but still: if a ma (fex / solitus) perks conc xyun and coli isnt then bow specc + conc + sa + as+ pestilence enough to kill evade proffs when we use max add dmg before we use them( maybe needed a uwos as finsher its still 600 dmg with all add dmg) or is it better to use fex/ solitus and increase your ar / decrese enemys def and get also two other dmg perks on with a high ar setup.?

wondering if critchance is halved with MA weapon in pvp, anyone ever tested with those other MA weapons?
    meep

Quote Originally Posted by Mesa View Post
    wondering if critchance is halved with MA weapon in pvp, anyone ever tested with those other MA weapons?
    I did some duelling/testing on MA last night and I was certainly getting some crits vs a soldier. I didn't count them though, sorry.

But I doubt heavy mechanical changes like that would have got changed without documentation.

with a heavyish crit setup I was able to alpha a sitting atrox soldier through 38-43% reflects using dual tonfa. With a X1R4 and sneak attack that would have been easier. I tried 3 times and the first time I screwed up the alpha, the second time I was going to get him but held off, and the third time after a bit of practice I roasted him with 3 perks including obliterate still remaining.

I noticed Dimach now has a recharge of 8 minutes (?) I checked it and mine is recharging in 8:04.

The 8 min recharge is normal ... No hotswapps? X1r4 what is that

ok if they halve the critrate still, this weapon is probably more a hotswap choice.. anyways its cool if you dont have to IP Piercing and also have a higher MBS and AR for that SA.. it is a pitty, that there is no FA on it..
    meep

whaz is theequipp time? And mesa and others comment pls on my post before... Five posts back

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast