Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Freelance: ICC rebukes CEO Zora and Board of Directors

Independent Reporters of Rubi-Ka Editor: IRRK's Avatar

Freelance: ICC rebukes CEO Zora and Board of Directors

ICC rebukes CEO Zora and Board of Directors
    August 17, 29481 - Aleksandr "Nadab" Harkonnen [Atlantean]

IRRK Freelance - At today's meeting of Omni-Tek's Board of Directors, a representative from ICC rebuke Omni-Tek for conflicts with Clan and Neutrals, all the while ignoring the larger threat the Alien Invasion poses... The following is Gerulf Riechstain's speech in its entirety:

Dear council members! Dear Board Members!
    Since the arrival of the Goliath battle stations in orbit around Rubi-Ka, the ICC has monitored the situation and the increased bickering has become a huge concern for us. It has increased the suffering for the people of Rubi-Ka, not only by the attacks you do on each other, but by allowing the invaders to hit the planet harder then before. ICC can not end this suffering, only you can do this by cooperation with the clans, standing united against the invading forces and using the tools we have given you to do so. It is not yet to late do turn it all around but it is all up to you. Go to the street and look at all the people and the suffering from your own actions. We can only help initiate contacts, not create peace.
    There is also a world out there, a world that depends on the Notum you mine and export from this planet. It is in both ICC's and yours interest that the Notum flow is steady and at this time we are concerned that the current bickering may prevent this. Only a united Rubi-Ka can defend itself and secure itself against the invading forces by using the tools we assigned to the planet. ICC can become a tool for peace if both sides agree on it, and the people will be safe, and the Notum flow can continue.
    So consider your current actions and act before its to late

I thank the Board for letting me addressing you today. I also address you as the leaders of Omni-Tek, to address your superior together with these other fine members of this board, to convince him that his way is not the only way to solve this conflict. CEO Zora will have to listen to you as much as he listens to the board of Omni-Tek on Omni-Prime. That is all I wish to ask this board for. Thank you.

"And now you know"

You know, the sheer STUPIDITY of both the Clans and Omni-Tek in continuing their "turf war" in the face of a full scale alien assult is unbelievable. You would think that given the situation, a truce or cease-fire could be put in place long enough to stop this invasion.

A great tactician once said that "A Group that is lorced to fight a war on two fronts is surely lost." That's what's going on now. Both Clan and OT have to keep one eye on each other, and another on the skies above. This can only result in our extermination by the menace, that sees us not as two competing factions (and a group of neutral bystanders) but as one big group standing in the way to it's goal, whatever it may be.

Who is standing in the way of this temporary peace? I'll give you two names. Simon Silverstone and Tarkhan Zora. Both's radical stance on the other side is only adding fuel to the fire, if not outright starting the fire alltogether.

Personally, if I had my way, we neutrals would build a huge arena and invite them both to duke it out, being to being. Then we show the whole thing live on holo. A "Two men enter, one man leaves" kind of thing. Then, the rest of us could get on with fighting the aliens. Once THEY'RE gone, should Clan and Omni still want to, they could continue to blow each other out of the 'verse for all I care.
    Last edited by Namiru; Aug 18th, 2007 at 09:18:14.
    The Independent Rubikans - The oldest Neutral Org on RK1! 10.5 years and counting!

Namiru - 210/30/58 Neutral Solitus Martial Artist, Advisor - Always accepting new students in the Art
    Thalona - 199/25/40 Neutral Solitus Meta-Physicist, Veteran - Pondering higher thought
    Weefleboy - 150/20/40 Neutral Opifex Fixer, Member - Wheeling and Dealing somewhere on RK.
    Johnnysokko - 60/6/14 Neutral Solitus Engineer, Member - Still trying to twink that Slayer on.
    Keepdafaith - 60/6/14 Neutral Atrox Keeper, Member - IR Temple Services
    Powerbender - 100/6/14 Neutral Nanomage Nano-Technician, Member
    Deleetful - 65/7/14 Neutral Solitus Adventurer, Applicant
    Lumbergh - 60/5/10 Neutral Nanomage Bureaucrat, Applicant - "M'yeah, I'm going to have to ask that you go ahead and come into work on Saturday...that would be great..."

I'll risk a spell in reform to add my agreement to this and to say not all Omni support this hardline stance, and i'm pretty sure there are many clans who feel the same. When the invasion started local conflicts were pushed aside somewhat, even Unicorn company welcomed the help of the clans to push back the invasion.

This all changed when Zora took over...

I hate that man, he makes me ashamed to be omni. Very convenient how we have no word about our true CEO Phillip Ross for well over a year now and how Zora as 'Acting' CEO seems to have settled into the role and called for all out war.

These are dark times we live in and they stand to get darker still unless something is done.

Now, if you'll excuse me i think it will be safer for me if i stay in the shadowlands for a while at least...
    ALTS: Alienhunter, Moonglum, Quellist, Quellcrist, Jesharet

Heh, continue the flow of notum?
    I haven't seen or heard of a full blow alien assault on Ka's for almost four months now. It's been a bunch of rinky-dink scout raids to the smaller militant organization cities.

Ensure the flow of notum. Right. Face it, Omni-tek, ICC, none of them give a merry rat's arse about the welfare of the people. Greed drives them, carefully worded but it's there.

What is it you want more in life? Money or Freedom?
    Point Blank

Gerulf Riechstain's attempt to talk some sense into our leaders was commendable, but futile. Tarkhan Zora will NOT listen to reason other than war as the only solution, eliminate our first enemy, then focus on the aliens. Unless Ross wakes up from his coma before we kill oursleves, or the aliens do...
    Last edited by Armadyl; Aug 18th, 2007 at 08:47:27.

Quote Originally Posted by Neista View Post
    I'll risk a spell in reform to add my agreement to this and to say not all Omni support this hardline stance, and i'm pretty sure there are many clans who feel the same. When the invasion started local conflicts were pushed aside somewhat, even Unicorn company welcomed the help of the clans to push back the invasion.

This all changed when Zora took over...
    Heh... be at peace Neista... you won't be called for a visit to an OT Reform facility... I still am free, even after protesting during a BoD meeting against what Zora has decided ...
    The Aliens are a bigger threat than the clans...

Quote Originally Posted by Kotts View Post
    What is it you want more in life? Money or Freedom?
    To answer your silly question.. I choose money... with enough money you can get even freedom...
    Even the most fanatic clans know that... so stop being a hypocrite.
    Last edited by Aerya; Aug 24th, 2007 at 01:37:36.
    Hikari "Aerya" Hirano (Level 220 AI 30 LE 70) Number of Invaders killed: 108121 [Equipment]
    Squad Commander of First Order (retired)
    OT-Reform Officer

"Remember, Bigman, it is easy "protect society" by executing a criminal, but that will not bring back his victims. If one can cure him instead and use him to make life better and brighter for that society, how much more has been accomplished!"
    I.Asimov

This is OT-Reform way.
    We do not KILL people... We PROCESS them

Buying freedom?
    *bursts into laughter*

and you are calling me a hypocrite.
    Point Blank

I think The ICC needs to adress the Clans on this mater more than th Omni tek Board, while Zora's actions increasing war are not neccisarilly sensible, in the past Omni tek have signed peace treaties with the clans, only for the Clans to break those treaties time and again, it is not Omni-Tek that started the conflict, admitedly some policy decisions in the past may have been flawed, however the Clans are the ones that keep bringing things to war.

In the not too distant past the Unicorns siezed Borealis to secure the Radar dish there from clan assaults, and presumably to insure that the planet is safer from aliens, and the reactions to this were outright hatred to them for it from the neutrals, in response the Unicorns lowered their presence in the area to more acceptable levels for the locals, while this was happening however the clans were more interested in a grab for power than dealing with the alien menace and siezed the mines in 4 holes causing a serious decline in the amount of Notum being shipped off world, in every case the Clans have been the primary aggressors, not Omni-Tek.
    Ebondevil - Omni Level 220 Agent on Atlantean, Feel free to contact me any time if you have questions, in game or out.
    Varinox - Omni Level 220 Meta-Physicist on Atlantean
    Yamarra - Omni Level 150 Shade on Atlantean

Feel free to send me any tell in game or a Private Message if you require anything.

I do not approve of the Omni presence in Borealis. There are issues of principle at stake. The fact the the people of Borealis were not consulted and the Omni-Tek administration unilaterally suspended the mayoral elections shows the kind of disdain for regular people which started this mess on Rubi-Ka in the first place.

Still, let's get the facts straight.

Omni-Tek did not "seize" Borealis nor were the ICC Peacekeepers removed by force. This is something OT and the ICC agreed among themselves. Neutrals may rightly feel that the ICC sold them down river, but to call this an invasion or occupation is technically incorrect.

The escalation of violence in Borealis is due to the the suppression gas failure in Borealis while occurred while the ICC were still in charge.

In practice, life goes on much as before in Borealis. The Omni guards do not interfer with the local population unless attacked, which is no different from how the ICC guards responded.

The Unionist move into of 4 Holes was not a response to the Omni, the two incidents occurred simultaneously.

The Unionist did sieze 4 Holes by force and therefore can be called an invasion.

Life does not go on much as before in 4 Holes. Any native 4 Holes resident will be shot on sight by the Unionists - no ifs or buts.

The truth is the people of Borealis have it much better than the people from 4 Holes, and yet it always "the Borealis" situation that makes the headlines. It is a very strange world we live in.

Savoy
    Dabblez - Rubi-Ka Universal Robots (RUR)
    We put the Art into Artificial Intelligence!

oh please dabblez... you just keep to confusing people into buying their own waste back for double the price they sold it... we all know it's only for the sattelite dish the omnis went in borealis, why the unicorns otherwise?
    Never knock on death's door, always ring the bell and run. Death really hates that.

(( Meh, that was meant to be posted as my other cahracter, "Savoy", but I guess that is always confusing. Dabblez not really one to get political. ))

Quote Originally Posted by Dabblez View Post
    The truth is the people of Borealis have it much better than the people from 4 Holes, and yet it always "the Borealis" situation that makes the headlines. It is a very strange world we live in.

Savoy
    The difference is that Clan Occupying Omni Territory (or vice versa) is nothing new. It's part of the war. The difference is this is Omni occuying NEUTRAL terrirtory that's the issue. We don't want a part of your war. We don't care that you have it, we'd just like you to stay off our lawn while doing so.
    The Independent Rubikans - The oldest Neutral Org on RK1! 10.5 years and counting!

Namiru - 210/30/58 Neutral Solitus Martial Artist, Advisor - Always accepting new students in the Art
    Thalona - 199/25/40 Neutral Solitus Meta-Physicist, Veteran - Pondering higher thought
    Weefleboy - 150/20/40 Neutral Opifex Fixer, Member - Wheeling and Dealing somewhere on RK.
    Johnnysokko - 60/6/14 Neutral Solitus Engineer, Member - Still trying to twink that Slayer on.
    Lumbergh - 60/5/10 Neutral Nanomage Bureaucrat, Applicant - "M'yeah, I'm going to have to ask that you go ahead and come into work on Saturday...that would be great..."

As I said previously, the satelite dish is most likly to be used for the defence of Rubi-Ka as a whole, considering the clans aggresive natures, as proved by the 4 Holes incident which was an act of war, it is no surprise that the ICC sanctioned Omni's presence in Borealis to secure the Satelite dish, the Clans can not be trusted to consider the larger implications of their actions, they're fractuous rabble unlike Omni-Tek.

If the ICC has a problem with warmongerers then they should look to the aggresors and penalise them, not the Corporation that has a legal lease on the planet and is doing everything they can to secure the Planet against further Alien invasions.

And as for the battlestations in orbit, they are part of the planet and go with the lease of the planet, thus they are legally the property of Omni-Tek while Omni-Tek holds the lease, again the clans are trying to illegally sieze propery that doesn't belong to them, the ICC should not have lodged any form of complaint with the board of directors over this matter, look to the aggressors, look to the Clans!
    Ebondevil - Omni Level 220 Agent on Atlantean, Feel free to contact me any time if you have questions, in game or out.

Feel free to send me any tell in game or a Private Message if you require anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Namiru View Post
    The difference is that Clan Occupying Omni Territory (or vice versa) is nothing new. It's part of the war. The difference is this is Omni occuying NEUTRAL terrirtory that's the issue. We don't want a part of your war. We don't care that you have it, we'd just like you to stay off our lawn while doing so.
    The ICC Peacekeepers were no more accountable to the people of Borealis than the Omni-Tek troops are now. If you call this an Omni occupation of Borealis, then surely what you had before was an ICC occupation, right?

Ultimately the Borealis should have done what Newland did and raise it's own militia; a milita made up of actual Neutral citizens and not off-world corporate guards (which is what the ICC is) and paid for by Neutrals. This is perhaps something Hope and other Neutral settlemetns who stil rely on the ICC might want to think about.

Savoy

Ultimately the Borealis should have done what Newland did and raise it's own militia; a milita made up of actual Neutral citizens and not off-world corporate guards (which is what the ICC is) and paid for by Neutrals. This is perhaps something Hope and other Neutral settlemetns who stil rely on the ICC might want to think about.

Savoy
    I note the use of "past tense" in there. Are you insinuating that IF the Neutral Citizens of Borealis raised the money for a truly neutral guard now, that Omni-Tek would not, in fact, back down? According to the Omni-Tek propoganda, Omni is there to protect the dish for the benefit of all RUbi-ka. - Which, by the way, is the biggest load of dingo's kidneys I've ever heard, Omni already had guards stationed at te dish - Why does this extend to the Town of Borealis, in the first place?

Secondly, the ICC forces are not controlled by a single corperation. The ICC is a Coalition force, not representing any one Corporation. A "United Nations" of Corporations, to use an Old Earth term. Omni-Tek is part of the ICC, I believe, and should not object to their presence.

Here is the thing. Because neither ICC nor Omni-Tek are accountable to the citizens of Borealis, they were able to pass the control of the city between each other without consulting the local population. You woke up one morning, the ICC had packed their bags, Omni-Tek had taking thier place and that was that.

Had Borealis been guarded by Borealis's own forces, Omni-Tek would have had to deal the people of Borelais directly - by diplomacy, force or some other means. Maybe the results would have been the same in the end, who can tell, but at least you would have had your say in the matter and a chance to make things right.

Which is why I am saying, if you were a citizen of Hope, would you not rather at this point have your own people defending the town rather than trust the ICC?

Savoy

Here is the thing. Because neither ICC nor Omni-Tek are accountable to the citizens of Borealis, they were able to pass the control of the city between each other without consulting the local population. You woke up one morning, the ICC had packed their bags, Omni-Tek had taking thier place and that was that.

Had Borealis been guarded by Borealis's own forces, Omni-Tek would have had to deal the people of Borelais directly - by diplomacy, force or some other means. Maybe the results would have been the same in the end, who can tell, but at least you would have had your say in the matter and a chance to make things right.

Which is why I am saying, if you were a citizen of Hope, would you not rather at this point have your own people defending the town rather than trust the ICC?

Savoy
    Indeed, if in fact Borealis did have it's own people guarding the city, then Omni-Tek may not have even felt the need to move in to guard the place, but for whatever reason the ICC left and informed Omni-Tek, the Corporation with the lease on the planet, that the city was in need of guards, and Omni-Tek stepped in to protect the city, which the Neutral Citizens proved incapable of doing even after numerous years where they had the option to do so.

I wonder if any neutral Citizens have even bothered to approach any Omni-Tek representatives and tried for a peaceful Solution, or if they just went up in arms immediatly to complain at Omni-Tek going above and beyond what should be expected of them by protecting civilians which aren't even part of the corporation.

The ICC Peacekeepers were no more accountable to the people of Borealis than the Omni-Tek troops are now. If you call this an Omni occupation of Borealis, then surely what you had before was an ICC occupation, right?
    ICC didn't declare city council elections null and void, then set up their own government--did they?

Quote Originally Posted by Keldros View Post
    ICC didn't declare city council elections null and void, then set up their own government--did they?
    A City council that can't effectivly govern the city, nor manage to hire guards to defend that city is rather an incompetent council, so it's no surprise that the elections were declared Null and Void.

Please note, I'm not saying that the individual members of the council are incompetent or incapable, just that together they were unable to decisivly run the city as it needed to be ran.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast