Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: IRRK: Newland Minister shot after discovering Clan conspiracy

Quote Originally Posted by Dabblez View Post
    Sure, I see your point. All I am saying is that, say in a few month time you are still struggling to Neutral scientist willing to take the post (perhaps due to the unfortunate way the career of your last Science Minster ended) and you were willing to look further a field, I'd still be interested.

Stranger things have happened in politics and if there is one community that should understand how things aren't always just black and white surely it should be the Neutrals.

Dabblez
    You know, I don't see a problem with it. Fine you may have an Omni identification, yet I really don't see that as an issue. The position should be for a scientist whom is trusted, we know what we are getting, and who has never done anything to harm the neutral population and whom has the interests of Newland and heart. Not of faction or history. The only thing which matters is Newland. Nothing else, and in such someone who's lived there all thier lives I don't see as a problem.

But of course, to keep things fair, it would mean we would need possibly some kind of Clan representation, yet this will be of a great problem currently. And also will mean both candidates would be severely scrutinised by the neutral populace for thier behaviour and actions they take in office.
    Major "Nyadach" Prabel
    Neutral and proud of it!

i could be clan representation after holding a speech at the R.U.R. meeting about the enviroment they got me so crazy in the end i could pass on for a R.U.R. scientist
    Never knock on death's door, always ring the bell and run. Death really hates that.

I'm not too sure how I'd feel about any Omni holding a spot on the Newland Council. Omni already has Borealis under their thumb, I really don't want them gaining a finger hold in Newland. It's the last truly Neutral city we have.
    The Independent Rubikans - The oldest Neutral Org on RK1! 10.5 years and counting!

Namiru - 210/30/58 Neutral Solitus Martial Artist, Advisor - Always accepting new students in the Art
    Thalona - 199/25/40 Neutral Solitus Meta-Physicist, Veteran - Pondering higher thought
    Weefleboy - 150/20/40 Neutral Opifex Fixer, Member - Wheeling and Dealing somewhere on RK.
    Johnnysokko - 60/6/14 Neutral Solitus Engineer, Member - Still trying to twink that Slayer on.
    Keepdafaith - 60/6/14 Neutral Atrox Keeper, Member - IR Temple Services
    Powerbender - 100/6/14 Neutral Nanomage Nano-Technician, Member
    Deleetful - 65/7/14 Neutral Solitus Adventurer, Applicant
    Lumbergh - 60/5/10 Neutral Nanomage Bureaucrat, Applicant - "M'yeah, I'm going to have to ask that you go ahead and come into work on Saturday...that would be great..."

Quote Originally Posted by Namiru View Post
    I'm not too sure how I'd feel about any Omni holding a spot on the Newland Council. Omni already has Borealis under their thumb, I really don't want them gaining a finger hold in Newland. It's the last truly Neutral city we have.
    It was Philip Ross who helped fund putting Jobe guards there. Ian Warr protected the city for years before that. What changed?

Quote Originally Posted by Astera View Post
    It was Philip Ross who helped fund putting Jobe guards there. Ian Warr protected the city for years before that. What changed?
    Phillip Ross, of course. made the declaration that he was using his personal funds and not investing Omni-tek's resources in the new guards. Come to think of it, his other comments during the transaction contribute to the overall consensus that his attempted assassination was an inside job.

And don't you mean Loren Warr? (Who was, of course, hired by neutrals in response to the Sentinels taking over Tir.)

I always get the two of them confused. I generally just refer to them as "the warr family".

The point stands, however, that Omni has always had a hand in Newland. I don't see why Dabblez shouldn't be at least considered.

Ya'll should start shooting anyone that's Omni or clan in Newland too while you're at it.
    Point Blank

Yes, go ahead, put your overeactive, wildy exaggerated thoughts in, wont you?
    Dr. Lasal Gerrick, PhD Advanced Nanotechnology

Lance-Corporal Jonathan "Salivice" Bixby
    http://www.ao-universe.com/tools.php...on=show&id=446

Why bother? there's a plenty here already.
    Point Blank

*sigh* Why me?

(( damned clammers <3 :P ))
    Point Blank

Quote Originally Posted by Harrise View Post
    Yes, go ahead, put your overeactive, wildy exaggerated thoughts in, wont you?
    i could do that, but i don't think anyone would wanna know what i'm thinking of
    Never knock on death's door, always ring the bell and run. Death really hates that.

No, fixer, we wouldn't. Your thoughts are probably disgusting.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12