Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: IRRK: Newland Minister shot after discovering Clan conspiracy

Independent Reporters of Rubi-Ka Editor: IRRK's Avatar

IRRK: Newland Minister shot after discovering Clan conspiracy

Newland Minister shot after discovering Clan conspiracy
    August 17, 29481 - Brad Talamer [Atlantean]

IRRK - Newland City (IRRK) - July 21st - A minister of the Newland Council was unceremoniously gunned down by what is believed to be an assassin hired by hardline members of the Clans.

Dr "Kozlorre" Felanski, Science Minister for Newland, was assassinated while delivering a speech as part of the Neutral Rights Day. Sources close to the Minister allege that he was not acting his normal self, reportedly looking over his shoulder and expressing concerns for his life while delivering his speech.

Before the attack, Dr Felanski was reported to be announcing a conspiracy by the Council of Truth to occupy Borealis in the event of Omni-Tek forces withdrawing from the disrupted city. The plan, supposedly delivered to Felanski by a dying man, was reported to have the signature of several members of the Council. Unfortunately, the Minister was then shot fatally with a high-powered rifle from the crowd, preventing the Minister from revealing more.

The assassin, a clanner known as "Hinckley", was soon caught & arrested by Newland Militia forces before he could leave the city. Constantly shouting about 'The Greatest Love Offering In The World' during the incident, Hinckley was later found dead in his cell before being questioned. Conflicting reports have arisen as to whether the Minister had saved on an unstable insurance terminal or whether his insurance was deleted, but it was confirmed that Felanski's death is permanent. The papers waved around were never found, and are believed to have been vaporised from the shot.

However, sources from the Council of Truth deny such a plan at all - Naughty "Playboyfixer" Will (President of the clan Digitial Alliance) claimed no knowledge of such a plan and instead took the opportunity to claim that the entire assassination was a complex plan by Omni-Reform to disrupt Neutral-Clan relations. In an exclusive interview with IRRK, the Council of Truth representative explained that, "If the clans were indeed planning to invade Newland, I'd know all about it. Except both me, Boltgun and others had no idea what he was talking about - Even his boss, Nohva didn't see the documents. Now the neuts think clans did it, and the omnis can freely point at us."

However, this theory has its share of cynics - Most notably Nohva, President of Third Faction who were one of the key organisers of the day's events. "I spoke with Minister Kozlorre before the event," reported Nohva, "and while shaken up he was definitely himself. I believe this could be Clan propaganda trying to cover their tracks. One thing is clear: The CoT does NOT want this information to surface - The virtual atomisation of Minister Felanski proves this."

Relations between the Newland Council & the Clans are reported to have cooled off temporarily in the aftermath of the assassination. In the meantime, part of the blame is being pointed at General Hekkat for lapses in security, both in allowing the assassin to kill the Minister and allowing someone to kill the assassin before interrogation. Despite the obvious sad state of the incident, a lighter note can be credited to RUR's Dabblez:

"So..you guys looking for a new minster for Science?"
    Last edited by Editor: IRRK; Aug 17th, 2007 at 13:06:23.

oooooh, conspiracy!

Get your tinfoil hats here! Only six million credits!
    Won't last long!
    These stylish and trendy tinfoil hats were designed by RUR to block out all but the most persistent brain reading waves!
    Guaranteed to be completely safe!*
    Get yours today!

*Guarantee does not cover atrox, solitus, nano-mage, or opifex breeds. See your doctor if you have hemorrhaging, blindness, double-vision, paranoia, restlessness, a bad hair day, depression, and shakiness.

i agree with astera! it's a blatent lie... for one i never mentioned omni-reform, i said omni-tek, that's word twisting, and Kozlorre and i are... i mean were... very old friends, even boltgun can akknowledge that fact without revealing too much.

as for clan-neutral relations, there has nothing been cooling off or heating up or whatever, I still have as good a contact with the NLC, or part of it, as before the killing.

And if the CoT was planning it I would indeed know of it, try to stop it, and if it wouldn't help have tried to stop it myself, so don't point facts at people without having proof
    Never knock on death's door, always ring the bell and run. Death really hates that.

What has Borealis have to do with Newland City Council?
    "War may be Hell....but it's good for business!"
    -The Association for Merchants,Manufacturers, and Morticians

[Kintaii]: Dude, I *am* weird
    [Kintaii]: I came to accept this many years ago and am much happier for it. XD
    [Kintaii]: Besides - I work on *AO*. That right there is proof of my oddness.

You know I have said this before, but if you still looking for a Science Minster for Newland, I'd be honoured to server the city where I've lived all my adult life. Don't be hasty, think about it.

Dabblez
    Dabblez - Rubi-Ka Universal Robots (RUR)
    We put the Art into Artificial Intelligence!

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Dabblez View Post
    You know I have said this before, but if you still looking for a Science Minster for Newland, I'd be honoured to server the city where I've lived all my adult life. Don't be hasty, think about it.
    Go ahead and start with becoming neutral
    Free Souls
    --------------------------
    Rubi-Ka for the neutrals! And xp for tradeskills!
    Rimor Roleplay Channel (/tell Nrpb !join)
    -------------------------
    OUT OF BUSINESS!
    Mummu's Sound Bag v1.19; A custom Voice Pack for Notum Wars now working with 15.7 html chat system!

Quote Originally Posted by Mummu View Post
    Go ahead and start with becoming neutral
    Sure, I see your point. All I am saying is that, say in a few month time you are still struggling to Neutral scientist willing to take the post (perhaps due to the unfortunate way the career of your last Science Minster ended) and you were willing to look further a field, I'd still be interested.

Stranger things have happened in politics and if there is one community that should understand how things aren't always just black and white surely it should be the Neutrals.

Dabblez
    Dabblez - Rubi-Ka Universal Robots (RUR)
    We put the Art into Artificial Intelligence!

Quote Originally Posted by playboyfixer View Post
    i agree with astera! it's a blatent lie... for one i never mentioned omni-reform, i said omni-tek, that's word twisting, and Kozlorre and i are... i mean were... very old friends, even boltgun can akknowledge that fact without revealing too much.
    Kozlorre's claims are not in continuity of what we've been on so far. And he's indeed an old friend of Will, even if they went different ways. Omni Reform have the ability to program someone like this, even if I'm sure they're not the only ones. But it looked more like a puppet show then anything else.

I'm still listening to anti neutral horrible doom conspiracy but my informations doesn't indicate such claims so far.
    Server first !!! Neutral Solitus Male Soldier named Boltgun to wear a short with pink spots on RK1 !!!
    N E U T R A L I Z E R S

Even with the tragic loss of life it is difficult not to smile.

Were it not for the eyewitness reports I would have thought that this came from a third rate direct-to-download holovid.

However there are a few points I like to draw to the investigators attention, before they start accepting this at face value. As it appear some are very eager to do.

A search through the ICC immigrations and population database (it's a public database) reveals no record of "Hinckley". Yet he certainly made his mark on the day.

As I understand it there is a delay, call it administrative slack, from the time that an individual chooses to join the clans and the event is registered centrally (Correct me, if I am wrong on this).

The oddity of his outcry left me somewhat dumbfounded, so I asked around. Turns out the assassin most likely wasn’t referring to some grand political figure, but merely a sad and lonely madman with an obsession from a celebrity. Hardly the last words of politically or financially motivated killer. (I cannot give adequate credit to the dedicated members of the clan’s academic community, who helped track down this fact).

Not having witnessed the incident, I can only speculate on the late Dr "Kozlorre" Felanski state of mind. But the brainwashing theory does seem like an unnecessary complicated approach. "Producing the evidence” and covering it with a nanosolution, that would make it destroy itself on command seems more likely (maybe a few drugs to make the late minister more susceptible to the content of these documents).

And finally: If the conspirators really intended to stop anyone from learning about this, why wait until he opened his mouth? Who benefits from the current situation?

I have drawn my own conclusions. If hecklerhidehard facts were to surface, that might change my mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Myreyliib View Post
    And finally: If the conspirators really intended to stop anyone from learning about this, why wait until he opened his mouth? Who benefits from the current situation?
    cause no one saw the documents except him, if they were real, and they didn't involve omni-tek in the conspirancy, only clans wanting to invade neutral cities, so probably someone hoping clans & neuts would start a war against each other, causing the 3rd faction to sneak in behind us
    Never knock on death's door, always ring the bell and run. Death really hates that.

That is certainly one plausible scenario.

However given the other reports from that eventful day, I must ask: Was Dr. Felanski a patriot?

i'd say he was the kind that lay low mostly, at least that's how i remembered him from the past

Quote Originally Posted by Dabblez View Post

Dabblez
    Get a new defense minister too while at it. I would be glad to help.
    Last edited by Virta; Aug 19th, 2007 at 19:53:09.
    Engineer General Virta, Omni-Pol. Not in active service.

Roleplaying Profile of Jimi "Virta" Hendrix

i like the current one :O

Should be careful how you say things Playboyfixer, your last statement can be taken in a wrongful manor, and I quote "I like the current one." Opens a mind to questioning your words and the possibility of your involvement. Neutrals be strong in this and lets not point fingers to fast. Maybe a Omni ploy to make it look like the Clan's did it BUT don't rule out Silverstone and his hatred for Neutrals, could be more laying low in CoT just like him!

well i like Boltgun

and silverstone's hatred for the neutrals isn't laying low, he'll shout it off the rooftops if he wants to, but he also truthfully said he had nothing to do with it, and as he always says, has no intention in taking over any neutral city, nor invade it, as long as they don't go to war against him.

Quote Originally Posted by playboyfixer View Post
    well i like Boltgun
    *Thinks on the number of times he has stared down the barrel of Boltgun's guns during a more heated Board meeting of The Kindred*

yes Bolt is a fine defense Minster. I was off world during the events of Neutral Rights Day and do not think we should be pointing fingers until the official reports come in. But I'm assured when things are brought to light there will be some unique neutral justice dished out.
    Alexanderw 220/17 Opi MA Current setup work in progress.

Quote Originally Posted by Virta View Post
    Get a new defense minister too while at it. I would be glad to help.
    Aaah, tought I'd never offend you.

Quote Originally Posted by playboyfixer
    well i like Boltgun
    Now I feel dead inside, a little more then usual...
    Server first !!! Neutral Solitus Male Soldier named Boltgun to wear a short with pink spots on RK1 !!!
    N E U T R A L I Z E R S

((On a related note, could something be done about Rimor getting Atlantean IRRK feeds? It really isn't helping that we are getting headlines which imply that our ALLIES against the Omni occupation of Borealis are shooting our ministers. I don't think that sort of matter would go down well, when on at least one occasion, the COT have helped protect our ambassador who regularly attends their meetings from Silverstone. It's just confusing always having to read the full article to know which server it is intended for, and not everyone bothers to, some just look at the headline and comment on it.))
    Uni "Unixint80" Idoru, 206/13 Neutral NT Veteran of Shattered Dreams
    What I've Got My Perk Setup My Nuke Setup (All slightly outdated)

FREE BOREALIS!!!

Who exactly is responsible for investigating this crime?

Apart from the ICC, I don't see any, who could be considered without considerable special interests (and even they have plenty). Besides the people of Rubi-Ka cannot run to ICC, every time someone dosen't play nice in the schoolyard.

At present, I have little confidence in any official report, since the conclusions is bound to be coloured by the investigators affiliation.

I suppose that in a perfect world the integrity of various law enforcements agencies would be unquestionable. But then again, in a perfect world there wouldn't be any factions or assassinations.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast