Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hats?

Hats?

Any plans to incorporate hats into the booster or expansion?

I remember there was talk of implementing hats 6-8 months ago, did anything of come of that?

Then we would just have griefers wearing funny hats!!!

Oh and when are they going to add the /sillywalk emote?
    Fear is the Mind Killer.
    You wasted life, why wouldn't you waste death?

Hé, bumpage.
    Stercoral.

Circle G Inc. - Your safety is our business.
    http://nattguiden.no/circle-g/

Its all about the /michaeljackson emote!

cant wait for my soldier to spin around kick and grab his crotch
    Rk1- Sol Epsilon3

-Gameover Man
    -Summoned, I come. I take the place which has been Prepared for me. I am grey, I stand between the candle and the star. We are grey, we stand between the darknes, and the light.

Hmm. Would morphs be able to wear hats ?

I'd love to see a Leet in a Fedora...hehe
    Seid. Clan Nano Technician, Atlantean
    Proud member of Opposing Force ( Website )
    Seid's Hideout : Home of the Friends List Tool
    I would like to see a mail system in AO, for letters, money and goods, and with mail order !

If this game had fezzes, I would renew my account.

Re: Hats?

Originally posted by Devlex
    Any plans to incorporate hats into the booster or expansion?

I remember there was talk of implementing hats 6-8 months ago, did anything of come of that?
    It's still in as a suggestion, but it's actually quite a bit of work, as each headwear model must be made to fit with all character models.

More likely in a patch though.

Yeah! Gimme my Stetson!!! (+40 to PM and SI plz ) (masteries in a hat...)

screw hats we need more sunglasses! Kas wants light blue Lennons
    General Hershel "Kasimir" Jurik

President of Division 9 R.S.G.E

Fixer
    RK-1

Braumiester of the Pagan Bartenders, wielder of dual SSo8s

Stealer of hearts, creds, and anything not nailed down!

WHy you are at it can I get a pair of old 70s stuly pimpin shoes with little goldfish in the heels?

Re: Re: Hats?

Originally posted by Cz

It's still in as a suggestion, but it's actually quite a bit of work, as each headwear model must be made to fit with all character models.

More likely in a patch though.
    Yeah...and we all know how great the headwear already fits on Male Opifex models.

Actually, the hardest part of this project is that Funcom would have to make new models and textures just for the purpose. Given how much new stuff is being added into Shadowlands and the Booster Pack, I doubt something like this would be high on their priority list.

-Jayde

Cool

Beret!

I want a kornblue Beret, I don't care if it adds to my stats or not, but give soldiers a beret...then i can give my hood to a newbi

"You got a duck on your head."
    "No I dont"

I want a duck on my head!
    Perhaps it could add to the ducking(evades) skills, haha!
    "There is a storm coming! Our storm! - Paul Mua'dib"
    ---------------------------------------------
    Randomize argument in scripts!

The magical pony, scene1-5,6

Im glad there are trolls and whiners, gives people something to compare with. Makes the rest of us look better.

"Spam is not just something you do, its a way of life."

OOGA BOOGA.

By the way, how does the hair on models work? I mean, the hair is all around pointing in every direction on some models, hell, some nanomage male heads actually got hats. So why would it be hard to implent?
    "There is a storm coming! Our storm! - Paul Mua'dib"
    Randomize argument in scripts!

The magical pony, scene1-5,6

Im glad there are trolls and whiners, gives people something to compare with. Makes the rest of us look better.

"Spam is not just something you do, its a way of life."

OOGA BOOGA.

Originally posted by Joramon
    I mean, the hair is all around pointing in every direction on some models, hell, some nanomage male heads actually got hats.
    Um, that hat is part of the poor nano's head. He can never take it off.

The way it works is that each combination of head/hair (or head/hat, in the case of the nano male) is a character model. So, for things like sunglasses (basically, a hat you wear on the front of your face ) each of those combinations has to be created.

That's a ton of work.

Originally posted by Davidleeroth
    WHy you are at it can I get a pair of old 70s stuly pimpin shoes with little goldfish in the heels?
    trying to earn your pimp of the year award there ?

Or they could make the "hair" model change into a hat model.
    Like they did with some helmets.

Thatd allow us to get new hairdos. We should be able to mix and match stuff, more character visable versatility I say!

Or add like, 50,000 new faces for every breed and let us choose it again
    Don't be lonely anymore.

Look at your post, now back at mine. Now back to your post, now back at mine. Sadly, yours isn't mine, but if you stopped trolling and started posting legitimate comments it could look like mine. Look down, back up, where are you? You're scrolling through posts, reading the posts your posts could look like. Back at mine, it's a reply saying something you want to hear. Look again, my reply is now diamonds. Anything is possible when you think before you post.

It does sound like a fun job to generalize it like they did with the dynacamps

Come on, I'm sure one of your programmer will offer his shirt to work on that project for the next 6 months

Then add all the neat stuff (that you know should be able to generate on the fly) to shops that are only open to owners of the Style-Booster(tm). Oh, and let everyone see the items Now thats a programmer with profit in 6 months, not bad in itself ...

Along hats, hairs and glasses, there's something missing:
    cosmetic surgery,
    woudn't it be fun to have cosmetic pack you put in place of armor or back or head etc...?

TribuleX
    "make Whisky bottle a real weapon!"

Omni Tek Armed Forces

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast