Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: In depth look at Grand Theft Humidity.

Quote Originally Posted by Twader View Post
    Not even your precious silverback will save u now Ober! Mwahahah
    I started playing EU3 and Civ4 more instead

I'll pop by from time to time when I'm drunk tho, just like I did with IRC in the old days

Quote Originally Posted by Ober View Post
    Wtb spammable nano with 60s stun, 100% nr resist, 50/50 pm/mc attack.
    Kthx

Make it target trader, adv and keeper only
    Quote Originally Posted by Rak View Post
    They need to give that nano to shades, that way when traders complain about it being overpowered everyone can say "but shades needed love, so that means it's balanced"
    QFT
    R.I.P. AO
    Quote Originally Posted by quitter187 View Post

i say give trader some type of buff that they could get off mid alpha that might direct the players own dmg( or a %) back at them if timed right. Just going off the "need a defense for quick alphas" and just a thought, i know nothing about traders. but trading dmg sounds good to me

I was 2 minutes on BS today, before I hit /afk after someone slapping GTH on me.

I refuse to play doctor on BS as long as this nano is ingame.

(And yes, /afk is the only defense vs this nano)

I was 2 minutes on BS today, before I hit /afk after I met a doc with Silverback MK6.

I refuse to play trader on BS as long as the docs ability to wear that is ingame.

(And yes, /afk is the only defense vs this profession/weapon combo)

I was 2 minutes on BS today, before I hit /afk after someone slapping GTH on me.

I refuse to play doctor on BS as long as this nano is ingame.

(And yes, /afk is the only defense vs this nano)
    Quote Originally Posted by patho View Post
    I was 2 minutes on BS today, before I hit /afk after I met a doc with Silverback MK6.

I refuse to play trader on BS as long as the docs ability to wear that is ingame.

Translation: "wah i want to be unkillable, but ProfessionX with AbilityY can actually hurt me so i dont like it"

New flash: every profession has weakness and that's how it should be. You think agents enjoy GTH/drains? you think anyone likes getting stunned? you think soldiers like that double/triple ignores reflects? you think advys like getting hit with UBT?

this is just the WotM (Wah of the Month) as far as im concerned...
    Proud Member of Paradise

Quote Originally Posted by Bonghigs View Post
    Translation: "wah i want to be unkillable, but ProfessionX with AbilityY can actually hurt me so i dont like it"

New flash: every profession has weakness and that's how it should be. You think agents enjoy GTH/drains? you think anyone likes getting stunned? you think soldiers like that double/triple ignores reflects? you think advys like getting hit with UBT?

this is just the WotM (Wah of the Month) as far as im concerned...
    Your sarcasmdetector needs a tuneup.

The day I say something like that and mean I want to be shot..., with a Silverback, by a doc...in the ass.
    Last edited by patho; Sep 10th, 2007 at 23:36:22.

Your sarcasmdetector needs a tuneup.

The day I say something like that and mean it want to be shot..., with a Silverback, by a doc...in the ass.
    no, i fully picked up on your sarcasm... it was just too good a quote toward illustrating my point to pass by. Regardless of whether or not you really feel that way, it is a general consensus by many (which clearly you understand or it would not have been sarcasm by definition).

kthxbai!
    Proud Member of Paradise

There's a slight difference between "can kill you" and "will kill you"
    And, GTH isn't even fun.
    IF you manage to survive somehow, you're still out of play for atleast 1 minute.
    And with the amounts of traders on BS lately...

I guess this is FC's answer to "those annoying docs healing the people I try to kill"

And ofc, to relate to MP/NSD/CoC:
    If an MP plays his cards right, he will be able to kill me with nsd/CoC/Heal debuff combos + perk damage.
    If I play my cards right, I might be able to survive or kill him.

Same with MAs/agents, if they time everything perfect, I'm dead, unless I'm lucky. Then again, if I'm lucky, they didn't time it perfectly

And that's ok with me.
    Unavoidable death? Fun for neither, esp. if that means said target is locked out for a minute, even in case someone else comes to his rescue.
    Last edited by Ober; Sep 11th, 2007 at 09:59:49.

Its All About The Phats.
    Just thought id time a round with traders 10 minute round, spent 7 minutes (rounded) either under GTH or waiting it off.

I spent approximately 30% of that BS round playing, the rest of the time my toon was 'off' because of GTH. All i was able to do was move, and hide. Pathetic
    Acetsuntura (220]/21/70) - Adventurer

Used to CH tanking lots of people?

Used to taking almost anyone you choose instantly from sneak with ease?

:-(

Welcome what a trader experiences everyday on BS, 70% / 30%, if even that.

Quote Originally Posted by Bonghigs View Post
    New flash: every profession has weakness and that's how it should be
    lol thats funny.... keepers have so many weaknesses it takes 5 ppl to get one down. Wish i was as weak as a keeper with my trader...

Yes, I'm used to "CH"-"tanking" "a lot" of people, while I do (with some luck) 30% of their hp in damage every 11 secs.
    I'm also used to the fact that it required "skill", even for 3+ people to kill me.
    And I'm used to 1 person from a few specific profs, who actually uses his brain, killing me like nothing.
    And that 1 person of more or less any prof, that uses his brain, gets me killed, when I'm "CH"-"Tanking" "a lot" of people.
    And lastly, I'm used to the fact that I can't "CH" "tank" people forever, luck runs out eventually.

I'm not used to traders pushing 1 button, and taking away my defense and offense at the same time, and then are able to root me 1.5s later.
    That's ofc if they don't have to push the same button once more.
    I highly doubt that a trader needing more than 2 pushes of that button to land GTH on a doc, will happen, at all, more than once per week, for all traders combined, during normal gameplay.

And if I, through a lot of skill, outside help and luck, magically survive, I still have to hide in a corner for 60ish seconds.
    I also know, that the tools that made me actually survive, can't be used for another 10 minutes. So I either /afk, or go hide for 10 minutes... Wohooo!

But I can defend myself against it.
    It's easy, it's called /afk. But that makes me have to pick up trash in Bore all the time, which sucks.

So wtb those points re-maxed, whenever you're hit with GTH, inside BS.
    I don't want to have to do a quest repeatedly, to be able to play AND defend myself, in the selling-point of the newest expansion.

(And if you don't know why I put "" around "CH", "Tanking" and "a lot", I can explain:

By CH, you probably mean BI.
    By tanking, you probably mean Kiting.
    By a lot, you probably mean 1-4 people. Or perhaps 1-7 if they are 210 in pvm gear.)

To me, this seem like funcoms fix for "waaah, I'm too stupid to kill docs".
    Last edited by Ober; Sep 13th, 2007 at 11:39:46.

Sorry Ober >_<. This reply was to Tsun the agent, not you.
    Suppose I wasnt clear on that.

Sorry Ober >_<. This reply was to Tsun the agent, not you.
    Suppose I wasnt clear on that.

What I wrote is still valid tho, and I guess it's more or less valid for wannabe docs

GTH desperately needs a nerf

What I wrote is still valid tho, and I guess it's more or less valid for wannabe docs

GTH desperately needs a nerf
    I've made my points elsewhere on GTH. I will not rant them again, I'll leave that up to others traders if they still have the energy.

I do suggest you read the first post in this thread which I doubt you did.

As for you defending an obvoius exploit and complaining about the consequenses of using it over and over? Um...right...afraid I'll never feel sorry for ya there bud.

I do suggest you read the first post in this thread which I doubt you did.
    I have

As for you defending an obvoius exploit and complaining about the consequenses of using it over and over? Um...right...afraid I'll never feel sorry for ya there bud.
    Kinda prooves my point, that an "exploit" is the only defense against sitting /afk for 1-10 minutes (depends on how stubborn you are), hitting a random button every 1-2 min to not auto-afk.

BS/PvP is supposed to be "fun", isn't it?
    Last edited by Ober; Sep 13th, 2007 at 13:25:26.

I suspect the same reasoning would have been used by people who used the graft-recharge to take down docs as it was their only way to do it.

I suspect the same reasoning would have been used by people who used the graft-recharge to take down docs as it was their only way to do it.
    While I can't really speak about things that happened before I started playing/PvP'n, I doubt they was denied both the option to kill and to survive, by two simple clicks.
    And I doubt they were locked out for 1 min + 10 minutes of their remaining toolset.

Besides, BS give VP, VP = stuff.
    If you fail to kill someone for title, you loose out of ... what? Epeen?

Ofcourse, I could always sit in a corner whole BS, and just leech VP.
    That's great fun.

While I can't really speak about things that happened before I started playing/PvP'n, I doubt they was denied both the option to kill and to survive, by two simple clicks.
    And I doubt they were locked out for 1 min + 10 minutes of their remaining toolset.

Besides, BS give VP, VP = stuff.
    If you fail to kill someone for title, you loose out of ... what? Epeen?

Ofcourse, I could always sit in a corner whole BS, and just leech VP.
    That's great fun.
    I would prefer an exit nearer to spawn point tho...
    Mekhdoc 220/27/70 Equip | Mekh 220/28/67 Equip | Shadesch 220/21/70 Equip
    Mekhkeeper 220/22/70 Equip | Roflmao 220/15/50 | Fixyaself 200/23/64 Equip

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast