Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: In depth look at Grand Theft Humidity.

Quote Originally Posted by Hot_Rod View Post
    So the higher my Psychic the more nanodrain this thing does? (i.e. a 2 sec tick at -1800 nano vs. a 4 or 8 second tick at the same) Even if they make it so it can't go negative I don't see why a person who put the work into getting a better nano delta tick should be nano-nuked harder (or more often) for their effort.

It definately deserves to be at least as resistable as NSD, with a comparable casting/recast time.
    I'm assuming you mean Enhanced NSD there. Giving it a 160% nano would make it useless against any class beside mine, and we can't have that now can we?
    Nah seriously - a 160% check would render it useless beside for killing docs.

I don't like the nano, I think TL7 traders should have gotten more defense, this nano helps them little about the prof that "wtfpwnbbq" them and it only shift the balance against nano proffesions again.
    That being sad, the drain is what they get. Do I want it toned down? Yes I do. Should it be rendered useless? No.
    Wrangeline made a great post about the problem about traders and GTH.

Imo it the Nanodelta shouldn't drain but "just" disable the nano delta. The normal nano drain increased in tickrate. It needs to be either removeable by Virus scanners, or a shorter duration because 60 seconds is a retarted long time.
    A shorter duration will also give the nano a better utillity because it can't be cast just once every minute.
    Also it should have a higher recharge time, or a capped cast time to prevent it being spammed and making nanoresist useless. Considering trader have to kite a lot due to little defense it prolly is favoreable as instacast with a longer recharge.

And last... TL7 requirement on it allready! I don't get why funcom insists on locking a lot of "pvm" nanos to high levels only while refusing to level lock Trader pvp tools intented for higher levels.
    Deadly Whisper - RK1
    too many alts for to little space

Well, from a Docs point of view, it's fine that you take all my nano away, just please let me recharge in some way, even with some struggle, in less that 60 secs...

I'm dead if i can't heal for 5 secs agains pretty much any profession, imagine being rendered useless for 30

Bump on a great post and hopefully FC's listening

Personally i think this should be like this:
    At land; drain all nano
    Stop nanodelta for 1 minute - Possibly drain a bit (-300 or 350 nanodelta)

That would mean perks or items that allows you to regain nano would help against this.

Could possibly allso add in a periodic tick to redrain nano. So that every 10 secounds people would get their nano redrained.

Quote Originally Posted by catdog View Post
    Personally i think this should be like this:
    At land; drain all nano
    Stop nanodelta for 1 minute - Possibly drain a bit (-300 or 350 nanodelta)

That would mean perks or items that allows you to regain nano would help against this.

Could possibly allso add in a periodic tick to redrain nano. So that every 10 secounds people would get their nano redrained.
    Bump for this!

Do the things suggested by catdog + raise recharge to 6ish secs + make it spammable on several toons (in other words remove the "User Grand Theft Humidity not running" requirement from the nano).

Maybe... Let GTH eat ALL the nanopool of the target for *10* seconds (no effect on the target after 10 seconds), but the nano heal on the trader still ticking, keep the 60s lockout. This is balanced imo..
    220 Shade | 220 NT | 220 Crat | 220 Fixer | 220 Agent | 165 Adv

Don't like GTH, never will, but well, I get gthed about once per BS and stopped really worrying about it.

Whatever they do, as graftmage said, fc should keep the nano ticking on the trader... traders version of the shield (ng for nt) is just too bad... they need that positive nano dot.
    There are no problem that an absence of solution could'nt solve

Wielder of the "IWin" button.

As mentioned above, the Anti-GA nano used to do damage, remove long-term-HoT, and keep the Fixer from re-casting it for 30 secs and I -think- GA goes 75% for a little while.
    You could still shoot the NT though, do snares, roots, or w/e.

BUT: keep in mind how old that nano is, and what the toolsets where back in the days. Fixers in GA could evade pretty much everything, only had to fear the nukes that did direct damage. On the other hand, root the NT and a) either get away from it or b) shoot it from the distance, depending who has the better range.

Think the only times I see GA Fixers it´s either froobs or lower level pvp, and the anti-GA nukes are level locked.

Great post and good explanations, Wrangleline; and bump for you.

Greets,
    Last edited by Thaylia; Aug 30th, 2007 at 14:51:59.
    Thaylia - Martial Artist
    Spellseeker - Nanotechnician
    Kahja - Doctor

"Authenticity is achieved by saying what you´re doing, and doing what you´re saying." - Johannes Rau
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~
    Socializer 80%, Explorer 53%, Achiever 53%, Killer 13%

I dont like this nano at all, it is overpowered against some profs and doesnt fix traders - unless you consider the ability to gank a particular group of profs without any skill a fix.

Im all for traders getting improvements, but this one is badly thought out.

Id actually rather see them get something similar that works on HP rather than nano, as a way more effective lifetap type effect, or possibly lifetap and nanosteal, with more sensible numbers, but enough to be an effective tool.
    stuff

Its All About The Phats.
    Im still having to go afk when this nano lands, due to my nanopool being at 0 for an entire minute. No point in doing anything other than finding a corner to hide in until it wears off.

I know of NOTHING else in game which has this kind of "Turn the toon off" effect. Desperate to be able to continue playin the toon in one way or another.

Come on Funcom, this nano NEEDS changing.
    Acetsuntura (220]/21/70) - Adventurer

Wtb spammable nano with 60s stun, 100% nr resist, 50/50 pm/mc attack.
    Kthx

Make it target trader, adv and keeper only

Quote Originally Posted by Ober View Post
    Wtb spammable nano with 60s stun, 100% nr resist, 50/50 pm/mc attack.
    Kthx

Make it target trader, adv and keeper only
    They need to give that nano to shades, that way when traders complain about it being overpowered everyone can say "but shades needed love, so that means it's balanced"
    Youtube
    Twitch

AO
    Rakhabit 220/20 Agent FINALLY
    Halfempty 220/16 Engineer/Evade Negator
    Primatene 168/20 Original Doc Twink

TSW
    Myyah "Read" Hawwa
    Shadow Dominion
    Cerberus

I think the problem here, and a lot of other places btw, is the fact that everything is being looked at in a 1 vs 1 environment.

Battlestations were not meant to operate like that and be team efforts. As such, this nano is not to help the Trader but help his team.

Please get me right on this: I'm NOT saying that it should operate in either 2 of these ways. However, I rarely see players take the team play into account. The OP in fact was very 1v1 oriented.

Is perhaps the overall problem with the nano not that it doesn't work or do what it's intended to do but that the situation it's being used in is VERY different from the expected environment and it's ineffectiveness is simply an extention of this? Admittedly I don't go to the BS often at all. However, it sounds as if FC's expectations of how Battlestations would operate aren't being fulfilled which is undermining the effectiveness of not only this nano but many new ones.

The question is: Should players adopt team play more and make these nano's effective as is FC's apparent intention or is FC's logic flawed requiring going back to the drawingboard to re-design these new nano's from the ground up?

Its All About The Phats.
    Thats a very good point imho, and one worth exploring.

However, there is still the undeniable truth, that casting GTH on an NT turns the toon off.

Teamed or not, this is unnacceptable. I dont pay FC to have to go afk cuz someone cast a nano on me and turned my toon into a useless pile of pixels. I pay them to play the game At least being able to remove this with Virus scanners would be a MASSIVE help, and wouldnt affect the trader in the slightest.
    Last edited by Tsun; Aug 31st, 2007 at 17:47:56.
    Acetsuntura (220]/21/70) - Adventurer

Bump for fixing this ;P

anyway, whatever you do, do not send the trader hate tells. it only gets worse. when some particular traders are on bs im out of nano 90% of the time.

running thru the zerg just to cast it on me, sacrifrising themself. then send me tells like "heal me please" or "having fun?"

so annoying and nothing i can do about it, even tho the trader dies im forced to hide for 1 minute ;p
    spritney 220/30 roleplayer
    tehwired 220/27 keep
    healern 220/23 doc

President of Instability

Quote Originally Posted by Tsun View Post
    Im still having to go afk when this nano lands, due to my nanopool being at 0 for an entire minute. No point in doing anything other than finding a corner to hide in until it wears off.

I know of NOTHING else in game which has this kind of "Turn the toon off" effect. Desperate to be able to continue playin the toon in one way or another.

Come on Funcom, this nano NEEDS changing.
    What he said... When there's a trader in BS, I keep getting spammed with that nano, making me just finish the round, then head off to something else.
    Having one's toon effectively turned off for minute is just simply lame imho.
    Mekhdoc 220/27/70 Equip | Mekh 220/28/67 Equip | Shadesch 220/21/70 Equip
    Mekhkeeper 220/22/70 Equip | Roflmao 220/15/50 | Fixyaself 200/23/64 Equip

Bump.

This definitely needs to be looked at.

Quote Originally Posted by Rak View Post
    They need to give that nano to shades, that way when traders complain about it being overpowered everyone can say "but shades needed love, so that means it's balanced"
    Spot on

Quote Originally Posted by Ober View Post
    Spot on
    Not even your precious silverback will save u now Ober! Mwahahah
    TWADER - Rimor Clanner - 220/31/70 - Trox Trader of Quetzalcoatl
    ATLANTEAN SERVER
    The Firm
    Godt Saa... Eller - STEEL!
    House Maadiah
    RIMOR SERVER
    The Syndicate
    Quetzlcoat

Quote Originally Posted by ICCKoruption View Post
    If you go to old athens, or omni entertainment be sure to look for the Rubi-ka museum of natural history. you will find numerous Traders that have been immaculately restored to their original states, some archeological digs were intentionally based around reclaim terminals.
    if you do find a trader still in circulation, be sure to check the expiry date, they are usually marked :best before june 2001.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast