Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Powerleveling exploit

"Morals". Whenever someone brings morality into a game, things start getting a bit ridiculous. So since I used this technique once (well twice... once for and once done for) that makes me immoral? Remember, when you say someone lacks morals, that's a blanket statement that covers not only a person's actions ingame, but out in the real world as well. That's very shortsighted and far too quick to judge.

But for the sake of arguement, let's keep our focus in game. First, FC initially stated that this wasn't an exploit. Second, the impact this has on AO is minimal to non-exsistant, regardless of how some of the posters above are blowing bile 'n' blood out of their mouths about this. I'll grant you that if allowed to continue on huge scale, there might have been more serious negative side effects (namely if the use of this technique had become common knowledge in all the backyards where true noobs sprout), but we're dealing with the here and now and the people who'd already used this trick prior to FC labeling it an exploit.

Using myself as an example, my main is a level 172 NT and at the moment I think I have maybe 2 mil creds. Why? Because I never tip less than 200k for any buff, I never take tips for doling out HE or assembling implants (even ql 200 ones) and I often go to the backyards and throw credits at noobs (especially noob NTs) while giving advice. But despite all this, the fact that I used this silly little technique to get a level 50 alt to help alleviate some of the boredom I've been experiencing in game recently, this makes me immoral? I don't think it even elevates me to the level of arse-hole, much less the exhalted status of immoral.

[edit]
    Really, I have to say thinking back on it (though this got a little annoying as more people learned about it) the nicest thing about this was that NTs - finally - were really loved and wanted/needed for something. Never before had I been showered with so much attention. Could have become a profitable new tradeskill even.
    [/edit]
    Last edited by Brueskie; Sep 11th, 2002 at 14:50:47.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123