Thread: Land control, included in booster pack?

Land control, included in booster pack?

Look. Nerf items, write bad code that leads to exploits and so on and I won't whine at all, i'm all to used to it by now.

But when I read that the land control is to be included i a priced "booster" pack, then I can not hold my tounge anymore.

This has to be included in a free patch, as it holds the key to the whole point of the game. The conflict of Rubi Ka..

I can see it as clear as day.
    I'm crusing Tir , just meeting people when the Mercury Dragons Comm channel suddenly says " Scramble and regroup, Our outpost is under attack, all members with booster pack report to duty, all others please continue to use the game as an advanced chat client, thank you"

Yes, split the player base so half of the players can't participate in the conflict, I cant stand managers (this surly must be an idéa of an manager ), they're only goal is short term solutions that create revenue. i'm sure the game designers are pretty pissed off by now. This addition to the game would make it larger than life, and look how FC are pulling it off.

I'm done, make some mental notes ppl.
    TwinFooOne
    Mercury-Dragons

"
    They call me to duty.
    My soul cannot take anymore.
    To defend my country against the lost souls.
    I live in the House of War. "

Solution: buy the booster pack.

I wouldn't consider this land control. It's more like 'capture the flag'.

It's not like you set up a tower and all of a sudden claim the land.

Land Control is done by the Council of Truth and Omni-Tek. Since when was GuildX ever supposed to be able to purchase or lease land from Omni-Tek or the CoT anyway.

When 'land control' does make it into the game, you can be assured that it will most likely be the dividing line between factions (be that O-T/Clans, Good/Evil, Humans/Aliens, whatever the story is at that point) and not some stupid ass guild.

Is this issue even open for discussion?

Snip from news section!
    "
    Anarchy Online Booster Pack with Land Control

by Editor - Mon, 12 Aug, 2002

Land control is the main feature of the first Anarchy Online booster pack along with additional graphic updates and new sounds. Much larger in scope to Funcom's previously discussed ideas of land control, this feature will be vital for those players taking an active part in the conflict between the planet's two warring sides: Omni-Tek and the clans."
    "

Now correct me if I am wrong, but I think is also was noted in the email news letter that it would have the ability to capture and _hold_ land to give improved skill upgrades.

Guild's with allies that form alliances is of course the base of political power on rubi ka, and for those who follow the story, the political struggle is between Omni and Clan. For what other purpose should land control be implemented?
    TwinFooOne
    Mercury-Dragons

"
    They call me to duty.
    My soul cannot take anymore.
    To defend my country against the lost souls.
    I live in the House of War. "