Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A Toast to the NLF

A Toast to the NLF

/ooc

Some of you heard the rumours, others figured it out from the story on the Editor's News. Me, we'll I am kind of slow, and I've only really just heard that the NLF has ceased to operate as a full time org.

Sure, this kind of thing happens everyday in AO, all our beloved orgs will come to thier natural end eventually. But my opinion the NLF were the finest and most influential roleplaying organisation in AO's history and so I wanted to just take the opportunity to express my admiration and appreciation for all you guys have achieved.

It's been a pleasure, you won't be forgotten.

In character of course, we are all going to sleep a lot better now :-)
    Dabblez - Rubi-Ka Universal Robots (RUR)
    We put the Art into Artificial Intelligence!

OOC:

You guys will be missed It was a pleasure and an honor to have been a part of the NLF. I dont think AO will be the same without them.
    GorgeFodder4 / Skeletawe
    Anti-Miner / Miner
    Omni-Mining / NLF Remnant?

I'll admit it felt like a little peice of the game died when I read that. It was a long haul for that Org, and I'll miss their anticts. Probably the strongest purpose, and background then any org out there.
    /salute

Good show guys
    Point Blank

The is the only RP org, with RUR, to have achieved to be a part of the AO history, it's an org you can expect to hear in a GSP chat or to see in a storyline. A lot of players who are only OOC also hear from this org.

Also an org with a deep story both OOC and IC. Aazamon created one of the things that made AO so great years ago and Nuser continued it well. So today it feels like a part of the game is over. So I'm paying respect to this org.

IC Boltgun is disapointed, less potential enemies and wars to fight.
    Last edited by Boltgun; Aug 15th, 2007 at 00:10:33.
    Server first !!! Neutral Solitus Male Soldier named Boltgun to wear a short with pink spots on RK1 !!!
    N E U T R A L I Z E R S

OOC

I found out about this news soon after the neutral rights day ended and had talked to both Nohva, who took in alot of the active members and Nurser who has become one of my good in game friends. I am sorry to see such a good story arc come to an end but have be assured that there will be more work comming from the remaining mebers that still play and has joined other orgs. I tip my hat to them and will always remeber it was the NLF the introduced me to RP in AO.

IC
    I'm sorry for their deaths but glad to see a common terrorist org being wiped off RK which will give us one more step to peace and freedom of all factions and neutrals
    Alexanderw 220/17 Opi MA Current setup work in progress.

OOC:

*toasts*

They were almost a part of our guild.. seeing how many times we had encountered them. I should count how many medals have been awarded to our members because of events with NLF. Might be over 100...
    Engineer General Virta, Omni-Pol. Not in active service.

Roleplaying Profile of Jimi "Virta" Hendrix

Quote Originally Posted by Virta View Post
    OOC:

*toasts*

They were almost a part of our guild.. seeing how many times we had encountered them. I should count how many medals have been awarded to our members because of events with NLF. Might be over 100...
    ooc: you got me to farm medals off now

and gratz to NLF for all you did in the past

ic though, i don't like the NLF being gone, at least you knew who to watch out for
    Never knock on death's door, always ring the bell and run. Death really hates that.

OOC:

/toast to the NLF

You've made Rubi-Ka a very exciting place for a very long time. Thank you for all of the work you've put into the story and keeping it fun.

ooc:
    Wow.

Toast indeed! Though I haven't been here long the NLF really brought a fun aspect to RP and the game in general. They will be missed.

ic:
    I told the Queen Mage it would catch up to her one day. What a group of loons that was.
    MostShady
    General of Whisper's Edge
    ----------------------------
    Patience is a virtue.

OOC: I'm sorry to see the decline of the org. I rp'ed with them for quite a bit on a little engineer I enjoyed until RL blew up in my face.

Definitely a strong peice of AO history I hope that doesn't fade.

Kamikaze "Danibunkins" Advy
    Title Level: 7 AI Level: 19 Adventurer
    Proud General of Sentinels on Atlantean

*raises a glass*

Its certainly hard to be the bad guy.

We need to do something to get more RP going so people like the NLF can actually exist. It might be nice to have some new blood and new perspectives. Maybe a moderate Omni, or an actual cut-throat neutral.
    Angel "Berael" Wolf - 220/22 Solitus Engineer RP Profile
    Advisor of Wolf Brigade, A Proud Neutral Organization

AOwiki - A chance to show what you know.
    Hunting Grounds Neutral Neck Items Tradeskill Pricing v3.0 Roleplaying Organizations v2.0 (RK1)

"The world will not evolve past its current state of crisis by using the same thinking that created the situation" - Albert Einstein
    "It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change." - Charles Darwin

OOC

*toasts*

Like others have said, it feels like the end of a chapter in the book of AO's history. There is no other guild that has anything close to the famed NLF notority. I was very unhappy to read the news, but after having asked Nuser about why, I sincerely understand the reasons.

Those of the NLF that I encountered were wonderful roleplayers and I wish you guys all the best in the AO future you've chosen now. Should you choose to go clan (*cheer*), my org is always open .

So many people loved to interact with them ICly because they were so lovably hateable. I wish more people would have the balls to play the bad guy and play it as dilligently and well as the NLF.

Lastly, an extra toast to Nuser, who did all she could to keep NLF on its feet, despite all the obstacles and crap along the way, and who has always welcomed RP from all sides of the fence. Thank you and I hope to speak more to you, ICly and OOCly.

IC

Now that the whole premise behind NLF's existence has been proved false, notum mining operations will increase. Omni Mining will of course accept any new recruits from the NLF, after a suitable time in Omni-Reform.

Vedia (Head of Research, Omni Mining)

OOC

I hadn't realised how bad things were, but I guess neutral nanomages isn't exactly a large pool of people to recruit from. Heck, we have problems in Omni Mining. Thanks to all in the NLF for being such great antagonists.

What's going to happen to your billboards then?

/OOC

Wah, and of course I didn't manage to be back before this happened. Go me with my silly internet problems.

Toast to you guys from me as well. I remember staging stuff with Manamatrix and others back in the days of the 'old' NLF and SPARTA. I remember Frida, in Vector Blue, playing her part of innocent Nanomage inquiring the NLF's whereabouts, and us doing our best to convince her that you were the bad guys. I remember Aazamon and so many others, the whole opposition with Infinite Circle, delightful RP full of hate and heated passions with your members, and of course the whole stuff with Omni-Mining, screaming on CH42 about those reports I was supposed to pull out of my arse, Nuser's sarcasm, going up against Nya (thanks for that bit back in June, by the way, even if it turned in a completely unexpected way)... Well. Kudos on the part you've played for so long. I, along with all the others here, will keep your deeds and the memories of your fine org in my heart.

/salute

And I swear I wasn't the one who rolled that Entropy Rote that killed your leaders in such a paradoxical fashion. Nah, really, I promise.

/IC

"Ne, Heiji... Why do I have tha feeling dat things will be... less interesting from now on?"
    "No kidding, Jen. I really wonder why as well. Who're we going to kill now?"
    "Life is so unfair."
    Jen Markarian - Put the weirdness back in Omni-Mining
    Updating my stories -- 19/03/08. Going slowly, but certainly
    Anarchy Reloaded - AO webcomics for the sake of being silly

I never want to lose what I have finally found
    There's a requiem
    A new congregation
    And it's telling me: go forward and walk
    Under a brighter sky
    -- Delerium, Euphoria --

/OOC

Huh? I'm away on holiday for a while and suddenly there's no NLF? :|
    ...but anyway, thanks to all of you. We all loved to hate you you know. ^^

Omni-Mining
    This department oversees all mining operations on Rubi-Ka, Notum and otherwise. They also handle the allocation, out-of-corporation sales, and on-planet transportation of raw materials on Rubi-Ka. Due to a minor technicality that pre-dates Clan uprisings, Omni-Mining operates as an arm of Omni-Engineering, but has its own independent leadership. In addition, they have their own internal goals that include, but aren't limited to, anti-union enforcement and control of policing activity in mines and their associated facilities. Omni-Mining was once a quaint, quietly-run department, but once it was discovered that Clan activity originated in their men, they became much more authoritative and rigid.

/OOC

Im not an RP'er, (but getting interested), and even I have had runins with the NLF. I remember a long time ago, chasing 2 of them around a tower field they were griefing. Sad to see them go. :/
    Gunfytr 220/30/70 Soldier Lawdog80 220/30/70 Advy
    Quote Originally Posted by Kintaii View Post
    Because we said so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarrina View Post
    I am unamused. I strongly suggest you don't unamuse me further
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    This nano blocks CH. This is intended.

OOC

A toast to them is fitting. Let me go fetch some vodka.

The NLF dilligently, and not to mention well-, played the role of bad guy, objective minded org.

They brought smiles, fun, and promoted RP aspects to the entire community. If only more of us could do all those three together!

They will be missed, although I have no doubt their members will continue to RP in some form or the other.
    Hellcom "Stillian" Receptionist | Eternalist | Squad Commander of Primal Evolution
    Agent "Lilmiz007" Isbeak | Finalizer | Squad Commander of Primal Evolution
    Style "Heldale" Attack | General | Squad Commander of Primal Evolution

|| Primal Evolution ||

OOC

Indeed, a toast to the NLF.

The only good thing I can think of about this is the hope that all these great people are now able to start new and exciting RP orgs so we see even more innovation in their stories.

OOC:

On behalf of the original founder of the NLF, Fleshreaper, and my self, I like to say a big thank you to all of the past and 'present' members of the NLF, to all of the past leaders of the NLF, and to everyone else who took part in the politically and often racially charged storyline that was put forth by the NLF since its conception back in 2002. The many heated debates, both outside and inside the guild. The passion of its members towards the storyline that sometimes, unfortunately, crossed the proverbial IC / RL line. The NLF will always hold a special place in my heart for I see it more then just an org, or a social experiment, but more of living, breathing piece of art that was kept alive by anyone who felt the urge to engage themselves in its storyline. To that I say thank you.
    Amado "Ramiyana" Kuiper
    President of |REBEGIN|Strength, Purity, Vision

Co-Founder of The Nanomage Liberation Front

/OOC

Thank you everyone. Was meant to write something earlier, but alas busy life and then forgetting about it (I'm getting old and forgetful i tell you).
    I was "only" in the NLF for little over 2 years. But 2 fantastic years
    Big thanks to the founders of the NLF to come up with something as great as the NLF and for taking me in, back when I was a little noob new to AO and new to RP.
    Also a big thank you to all the other RP'ers who made RP so enjoyable.
    As for the forum. . . it will eventually shut down once payment for another year is duo.
    Not to worry. Most of the members are still to be found on Rubi-ka and we have not given up on roleplaying
    "Sincerity is an openness of heart that is found in very few people. What we usually see is only an artful disguise people put on to win the confidence of others." ~François de La Rochefoucauld

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast