Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: 210+ Trader <3 plz

Quote Originally Posted by Hacre View Post
    Yes really, in regards to the Dr part of his post. A good 220 doc, with the right team, can have dots running on -many- mobs while keeping himself healed AND the rest of the team. Its a beautiful thing to watch and I've seen a doc OD a shade at 255. FACT.
    Then umm that shade wasn't giving all he could imho Or, was half asleep or whatever. Even if doc was only doting, not healing, kinda forcing others to lower their offensive ability and heal/take care of themselves. But, it's not a thread about docs Was more refering to puting NTs this low on the DD-scale. IF nt isnt lazy, uses perks/nanobot shielding, decent nukes, and, most of all, isnt going afk every few mins(*) he can do good. Really good.
    Back to the point. I have teamed with Syy on a few of my toons What I can say, he does really good on the trader. Doesnt mean he ODs my dd-classes with trader tho, but... Seeing many people's damage in Inf lately I wasn't suprised also seeing Syy OD a 220/20 soldier. Thats soldier's fault ofc (**)

(*) - More and more happening in the times of 220-easy-inf-missions-grind. Either someone has a 220 toon on second accound, and is dual-logged and isn't contributing to team on one of them, or is just "afk 5 mins" every 5min 30seconds. It's really terrible.
    (**) - I know 220/20+ soldiers that were ODed by many of my toons (except doc) when I was much lower level. Like 220/20+ soldier ODed by 203 crat without charmed pet (just with 200 bot). Or 220/20+ soldier ODed by the factor of 2.1 by 211 soldier ;P
    Last edited by Hug; Aug 21st, 2007 at 10:11:53.
    Using and coding:
    * Hugbot - raid/chat bot url
    /tell Huggcom inspect Frozen Crystal Compound to check that Alappa stuff
    * pyDump - simple, smart damage dumper, in testing and development stage url

Some of my chars:
    Arrah, 220/17 Neutral Mage Adventureress, inferno camper | [bio] | equip
    Ember Sphere Solitus Ethernalist. Heals, just heals. Screw dd docs
    The Building Man, TL7 Nanomage Soldier
    Huggcrat, Neutral Enlighted Dictator | gimpy equip | horny crat pic

Quote Originally Posted by Jellyfunk View Post
    Classy to blame your BS evaccing on the kid though. I bet you blame the dog when you fart, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragetra View Post
    there are several high level traders who perform very well, and spray havoc around enemy lines in pvp.
    -area root. along all area effects this is one of the most strongest things in mass pvp
    -evades. a good trader can get a massive amount of evades, so he is unperkable after one nanite enhanced drain vs the target or a corporate protection for a couple of enemys
    -hp/nano more than 12k should be possible for a nm, and 14k for a trox....in evade armor of course. if nanopool maxed and gth running (both possble in 1,5sec) you even absorb a couple of hits till your drains are in.
    -stay in the backround! damn, you are support like docs and stuff. if you are jealous cause advis or keeper live longer...think about how many arearoots and debuffs they have. let the soldiers tank the enemy raidforce till you have some drains in them.

you got several keys to survive and do you job in pvp, but the stuff that everyone wants the defensive tools of a advi is weird. they are supose to survive a lot, but lack in other places. take your role in pvp and stop crying. now with gth, borrow reflect and nanobot defense you have some time to get you drainwhip out

there are also advis who keep dying by every little dmg they get, or agent unable to kill anyone, but the reason for one's profession love shouldn't be who has got the greater idiots
    Lol nicely said.

Quote Originally Posted by Moonman View Post
    warp ftl
    My thought was "finally" - the thread was misplaced, and traders do get love in 17.6. This thread has no merit until the patch actually hits live and there is a chance to evaluate the new tool(s) in their final shape.

That said, I'm not arguing that traders do not need attention, because they do - like every nano reliant profession out there. Just sad that FC chooses to always let our tools target each others instead of the professions that has been increasingly overpowered from SL until LE.
    Last edited by Avari; Aug 21st, 2007 at 15:18:00.
    Avari 220/30/80 - Araghos 220/30/80 - Shishido 220/30/7x - Araninn 220/30/80

Quote Originally Posted by Tergx
    If one of the few traders are PvPing around you and land GTH on you, take a trip to decon and it will be gone. What's the big deal hehe.

Quote Originally Posted by Avari View Post
    My thought was "finally" - the thread was misplaced, and traders do get love in 17.6. This thread has no merit until the patch actually hits live and there is a chance to evaluate the new tool(s) in their final shape.

That said, I'm not arguing that traders do not need attention, because they do - like every nano reliant profession out there. Just sad that FC chooses to always let our tools target each others instead of the professions that has been increasingly overpowered from SL until LE.
    Yeah if only a trader could be effective against one of the more overpowered professions. What traders need is the ability to remove the defense of one of these overpowered professions. I KNOW! In the spirit of the "leech" class traders are with drains etc you could have some new nano that steals absorbs from bio shielding classes...it could be called "borrow cocoon"...what a great idea. OR EVEN BETTER, they should have a nano that steals a soldier's AMS and applies it to themselves, a God Mode Transfer if you will. I'm amazed no one has come up with something like this
    Member of Spartans
    Hacre/Solitus/Keeper/220/29/70 - Ninpopotamus/Solitus/NT/220/30/70 - Charmming/Opifex/Crat/220/30/70
    Quote Originally Posted by randomalpha View Post
    in the end soldier is not Op or even near from that never was never will be just for the record only keepers are the ones before soldiers on the nerfest list
    Genius at work.

Yeah if only a trader could be effective against one of the more overpowered professions. What traders need is the ability to remove the defense of one of these overpowered professions. I KNOW! In the spirit of the "leech" class traders are with drains etc you could have some new nano that steals absorbs from bio shielding classes...it could be called "borrow cocoon"...what a great idea. OR EVEN BETTER, they should have a nano that steals a soldier's AMS and applies it to themselves, a God Mode Transfer if you will. I'm amazed no one has come up with something like this
    Godmode:

http://files.filefront.com/godmode00.../fileinfo.html

Quote Originally Posted by patho View Post
    I've seen the movie, very good. Particularly where you showed us how difficult a keeper is to take down.

I don't see how you failing to use GTH/Borrow Reflect to their full potential is any kind of counter to their potential power.

But good one on distracting us from your new trinkets with THE ALMIGHTY KEEPER. And boo hoo someone was farming your title. You think traders are alone in this plight?
    Member of Spartans
    Hacre/Solitus/Keeper/220/29/70 - Ninpopotamus/Solitus/NT/220/30/70 - Charmming/Opifex/Crat/220/30/70
    in the end soldier is not Op or even near from that never was never will be just for the record only keepers are the ones before soldiers on the nerfest list
    Genius at work.

keepers dont have AMS for BR (they're also obiously not a sol), and nanobot defense reflect is 15 seconds.

I've seen the movie, very good. Particularly where you showed us how difficult a keeper is to take down.

I don't see how you failing to use GTH/Borrow Reflect to their full potential is any kind of counter to their potential power.

But good one on distracting us from your new trinkets with THE ALMIGHTY KEEPER. And boo hoo someone was farming your title. You think traders are alone in this plight?
    Tergx 220 Atrox Trader | 220 Soli doc | 220 Enf & other toons
    Synergy Factor org ~ APPLY HERE

When readin replies in AO forums, just remember ........ there is no cure for stupid

Quote Originally Posted by Syyceria View Post
    Come on, it took me just 5 minutes to kill a level 178 MA with health-drains and trader pets...our toolset does work

Quote Originally Posted by Moonman View Post
    warp ftl
    I stand corrected, obviously the thread should have been in the "game suggestion" section. I do try :/
    Tergx 220 Atrox Trader | 220 Soli doc | 220 Enf & other toons
    Synergy Factor org ~ APPLY HERE

When readin replies in AO forums, just remember ........ there is no cure for stupid

Quote Originally Posted by Syyceria View Post
    Come on, it took me just 5 minutes to kill a level 178 MA with health-drains and trader pets...our toolset does work

Well...he did notice it.

He warped it and may have sifted thru the quite impressive amount of bull****-posts and found a few things worth considering for the future.

Most have been said already.

I'm glad he took the time to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tergx View Post
    keepers dont have AMS for BR (they're also obiously not a sol), and nanobot defense reflect is 15 seconds.
    Really? Keepers don't have AMS? I thought we did...

Not sure how this comment is relevant, since I never said that keepers did have AMS. He shows the use of Borrow Reflect and GTH in his video. He did not pwn with it. The end. In there somewhere is a side show showing how much effort it took to kill a keeper.
    Member of Spartans
    Genius at work.

Thanx Silirrion for moving this thread in this forum where you pop in once every 4 years. Proves once again the lack of interest and consideration you have towards requests and demands of the traders communauty.

Quote Originally Posted by Nisrok View Post
    Thanx Silirrion for moving this thread in this forum where you pop in once every 4 years. Proves once again the lack of interest and consideration you have towards requests and demands of the traders communauty.
    With respects to the OP this thread did not belong in the update forum. I think it's rather harsh that someone should be slated for enforcing a few basic forum rules. If you didn't notice, Grand Theft Humidity was added, and I think that would be counted as "210+ trader <3" or whatever you wanna call it.

The trader tool set looks rather messy at the moment, and I think FC is trying to find their footing in which drains are balanced and which ones are not. It is after all a long time ago drains were worked on if you remove all patches after 17.0 from the equation. Maybe, just maybe, they wish to monitor the effect of the new nano formulas before they tweak the performance and/or add new stuff. Players say a lot of different things, and one thing is certain, they are almost always biased.

If one of the few traders are PvPing around you and land GTH on you, take a trip to decon and it will be gone. What's the big deal hehe.

It did belong where it was posted. Trader forum is a place where Traders (and others) can discuss the Profession. The update forum is to discuss the future patch. This thread was not intended to discuss the prof, it was made to make non Traders and devs aware of what we've been discussing. Whoever moved it simply didn't want it there, and shuffled it over here simply because it had the word "Trader" in the title.

Trader love *is* supposedly coming in the next patch (Your Enemy nano), so the discussion is appropriate there.

GTH was not 210+ Trader love, if you noticed. There's no lvl lock on it, is there? Despite every tl 7 trader for years asking for help ONLY AT TL7, where its needed. Everything FC makes for the prof comes with no lvl lock, and such low reqs that every twink can use it - creating even more of a problem in pvp at tl 4-5, without helping TL7 nearly as much as other players think . . . and instead of love from FC, we get hate from the rest of the player base. The end result is that people who don't know the prof end up wondering what we are complaining about, since they have had their ass handed to them repeatedly on tl5 BS, and decide we are definately fixed.
    Slimsobe retired 220 opifex trader General of New Movement
    Oneeyedjim 175 nanomage crat

"You will never understand bureaucracies until you understand that for bureaucrats procedure is everything and outcomes are nothing."

Sobe spaek da trut thre

Edit: i d like to add that as it seems our wish list hasent been read by anyone at FC for months (years?) we re in right to post in the 17.6 as it s in this patch we want luv. For TL7 traders! Tl 4-5 are doing fine.
    Last edited by Nisrok; Aug 23rd, 2007 at 14:32:07.

Quote Originally Posted by Famine
    What is this forum for?
    Prior to the patch going live this forum is for discussing issue directly related to 17.5. Any other topics will be moved to the appropriate location or removed / locked as appropriate

After the patch series is released to live you may report bugs through this forum. Be aware however that further discussion of any given report may not be necessary and the reporting thread locked once the issue is logged and on our 'know issues' post stickied at the top of the forum.

Discussion should be kept to a single thread on any given subject and any subsequent posts on a topic already with open threads will be merged in together or removed / locked as appropriate. Topics already covered in the pre-release threads should be continued in the archive and general chat area not on this forum, please keep this area clear for reporting of issues rather then general discussion.

What is this forum NOT for?

Reporting any bugs or issues that are not directly related to this update series. Bugs should always be reported via email to bugs@anarchy-online.com .

'Bumping' threads, any 'bump' posts will be removed from threads on this forum. If you dont have any further details to add to a report please do not 'bump' threads

Making any game suggestions not directly related to the contents of the patch series. This includes posts like 'please out XXX into 17.5 those posts should be made in the Game Suggestions forum or emailed to feedback@anarchy-online.com
    Quote Originally Posted by sobeguy
    The update forum is to discuss content directly related to the future patch.
    Fixed - it's not what you'd like to be in the patch, it's the content actually listed in the patch notes.

Quote Originally Posted by sobeguy
    Trader love *is* supposedly coming in the next patch (Your Enemy nano), so the discussion is appropriate there.
    210+ Trader <3 plz

At 210+ the trader profession needs the most help, not lower levels. The closer to 220 a trader gets, the weaker it becomes. Our wishlist and forum section has some great ideas, but FC usually makes it's own decisions on content.

wtb Trader content 17.6 that is actually something we want/need at the top plz
    There are extensive threads on the subject of GTH in specific and not "trader <3" in general. My guess is that's why it was warped.

I'm not gonna argue with you - Nisrok has a desire to vent some stored up puberty anger it seems - I just said that the forum moderators had a legitimate reason to remove the thread, and I don't see a reason to slate the most visible Game Director we've ever had. How about taking a look at what you got the past half a year and acknowledge that it's moving in the right direction instead of just cross-posting for more. Obviously some disagrees with me (and the moderators?) for warping the thread - sorry, tough luck.

Other than that, all traders have my sympathy with their current tool set. I would have hoped that more than a handful of traders could acknowledge the fact that they are getting some love, but that it targets the wrong people. The ones you wanna target are still the weapon professions. They do still have the upper hand you know. I'm with Tergx on the notion that the path of trader drains should be to make peoples weapons seriously OE. Why not a weapon NSD-sorta-thing for both weapon skills and specials?

Edit: Sobe, GTH was not exclusively trader 210+ I know, but it is the most powerful in its end form, and it's still a very powerful nano against the right professions in 210+ PvP. Hell, I'd just be happy to have my UBT upgraded and fixed.
    Last edited by Avari; Aug 23rd, 2007 at 17:26:28.

Quote Originally Posted by Avari View Post
    There are extensive threads on the subject of GTH in specific and not "trader <3" in general. My guess is that's why it was warped.

Edit: Sobe, GTH was not exclusively trader 210+ I know, but it is the most powerful in its end form, and it's still a very powerful nano against the right professions in 210+ PvP. Hell, I'd just be happy to have my UBT upgraded and fixed.
    GTH is not in 17.6. There IS trader love (supposedly) in 17.6. This thread wasn't about GTH at all. Other people brought that in, because its the buzz word of the day where traders are concerned. Reread what Tergx wrote - to me its clear he's referring to Your Enemy's Enemy is Your Friend, which is in 17.6. Also, his post in no way insinuated that Traders have recieved nothing . . . his main point was to ask that help be given WHERE IT IS NEEDED.

The thread belonged where it was, by the definition you so kindly took the trouble to post.

GTH is not a line of nanos, nor is a a nano with multiple forms, as you seem to think. Its effect is exactly the same at lvl 130 as at lvl 220. The difference being the size of the targets nano pool, and how fast his nanodelta is. Either way, GTH completely empties your targets pool, so contrary to what you think, it is not more powerful in the hands of a 210+ Trader.

I do think every trader will acknowledge we are getting attention. It would be impossible not to. What you see is that few of us agree with what has been done, where it is going, or - more than anything - the fact that the fixes are not aimed at or restricted to the levels that need it. They are giving a situational boost to high levels, and making things even more ridiculously slanted towards Traders in pvp at lower levels - and steadily bumping up the levels at which a Trader twink will be devastating.

You will find a lot of agreement amoung Traders who care about the prof that the twink aspect hurts the profession drastically on the whole - devs and other players are reluctant to correct a bad situation at 220, because in a way, it balances out the dominance of Trader twinks at lower levels.
    Slimsobe retired 220 opifex trader General of New Movement
    Oneeyedjim 175 nanomage crat

"You will never understand bureaucracies until you understand that for bureaucrats procedure is everything and outcomes are nothing."

bump.

Traders need some luv indeed.

Ive runned into some of the traders that are described as "godlike" earlier in this thread, and as a Fixer I got no problems alphakilling them. I got a much harder time killing NT's and NT's are actually a bit dangerous with their nasty nukes.

Trader debuffs dont mather much on my 219 fixer, ofcourse some traders are harder to kill than other. But dropping one in 3 seconds is just stupid.
    I feel bad on my fixer, not bad do I got decent defense, but for some reason FC decided to give my fixer a uber alpha, I got no idea why.

Im playing a trader too, so I kinda see both sides of the story, alltho my trader yet lack some pvp experience 200+.

Its not trader defense or toolset that is the issue here if you think about it.
    But boosting traders to match the overpowered perks and nanos that ingame is surely needed.
    If you think about it, its perklines like reaver and insane specials that have exhaled way past the traders toolset and defense for a chance of survival.
    Some proffesions in this game seems to have been put in so the people that lack pvp skills should be allowed to pvp aswell.

Traders should get some sort of defense like NT has, maybe deflect 10% of the damage done to them and give it to HP or something. Its not much to ask for a proffesion so low killing people 10SL's under is a challenge.
    This would probably help alot PvM aswell.

Its not much, but then traders wouldnt be "just another kill" somewhere.
    I feel bad dropping traders in 3-4 secs on fixer.
    It gives me the feeling when I have squished an annoying musquito that drains me.

Traders need more damage too, but defense is the way to go nowdays when enfs, fixers, agents, keepers, etc etc can drop a trader faster than I can drop a Bigmac at McDonalds.

Some classes have Special absorb... Can someone say "Nano" or "Perk" absorbs?
    I dont see why traders shouldnt be able to absorb a perk or 2, then they might land some of their stuff before the client starts to load the Reclaim Terminal.
    Fapfap - 220/19 Fixer
    Fappers - 220/22 NT
    Autoafk - 220/21 Crat
    Hisap - 220/20 Shade
    Autofil - 212/11 Enf
    Hisap1 - 211/13 Sol
    Autofap - 211/9 Agt

This thread embodies so much.

Warped to our quiet corner after 7 pages, then forgotten.

Since then there has been nothing new under the sun. Not that I believed in it, but YEEIYF never arrived ofc.

Thanks for your post Auto, warms to see someone on the other side not convinced we are making things up.

lol at the mosquito analogy.
    Last edited by patho; Dec 10th, 2007 at 15:55:39.

Bump, even though GTH is annoying... You can still get away 80% of the time as a doc...

Which just goes to show traders need some more damage.
    Aussieborn 220/22 MA (Retired-ish)
    Healinjoo 2xx/1x Equip
    Merve 151/18 Mp PERK RESET
    And some other gimps!
    Consider this my Siggy

Quote Originally Posted by obliteratr
    thw word is spelt like deliverieing actually.

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast