Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: 210+ Trader <3 plz

Hum. I know, gettin old. Cant we just have some nanos Combined together?

I mean, MP has Composite Mochams. Where is my Composite drains?
    Already mentioned it, still want it.

I think every PVP trader agrees that our main weakness is the time needed to land all those debuffs.

Just Flag those Nanite enhanced ones for pvm only, and make a pvp version draining 500 skill, 2k AC, 100dmg and 300 AAO? Levellock to 215, 1.6k TS/Pm needed, 100% defcheck. Done.

Yes, i can already hear the flames.

How about an MA has to meditate half an hour before being allowed to attack ?
    Neophyte Nerf"Shareida"Batted First Order
    Freshman Jefferey"Bailan2"Ginsberg - Retired
    Shareidah - First Order

Quote Originally Posted by Lazy View Post
    it's written in the bible.
    Matthew 23:13 "and the trader hath casteth bulk trader at the young age of 14. and it was good. and so he hath an extra 260 comp lit and he hath equippeth better ncu's. and it was good too.
    A Producer's point of view

it s at the top but i ll bump it anyway. Had a bad day as a trader today...chain killed by enf/keep/advs aint easy to deal with especially when you try your best to survive.

As I said once before... DON'T TOUCH my teddy bear on my cot, in the buffing room of BS!!!! He is my sole comfort, as I spend more time there then fighting... and no one wants to talk to me in the buffingn room for some reason :/
    220 Doc ~ "Dr." Ittledoc As of 1 DEC 07 setup || 218 Trader ~ Ittletrad (TL7 gimpage on Trader profession) parked... TS monkey no reason to go any higher
    220 Enf ~ Ittlejohn (1HB FTW!!!) [E] || 146 Fix ~ Johnittle
    216 NT ~ Nanoblender || 11 Crat "WTB" Spellbot
    ~~~Pheonix Rising is Recruiting~~~
    YMMV; Guaranteed 5 min or 5 miles... whichever comes first

Quote Originally Posted by BIGMANFORCE View Post
    and i umm also think that we should have a special nano that u can only cast on froobs,that turns them into lil monkeys and forces their char to work the APF elavator!

Quote Originally Posted by Shareida View Post
    How about an MA has to meditate half an hour before being allowed to attack ?
    haha, that made my day

That being said, bump for composite nanos of some sort. During my little PvP experience with my (now retired) 220 trader, i found that between all the nanos I had to cast (repeatedly), my target either:

a) ran away being chased by someone else
    b) after resisting a few of my attempts to drain him, he kindly came over and showed me the way to decon before resuming what he was doing
    c) simply didn't care as a -250 AR didn't affect him much (and using the 2nd drain is a total waste of time, it never lands on anyone)

As for roots, I've rarely been able to land them on anyone except soldiers (sorry guys).

Sadly, I think the trader profession is doomed from the very start. Having to "waste" alot of time draining and whatnot doesn't really go well with the current "alpha online" state of the game. In my opinion, a profession that needs time to cripple his opponent should have the tools to keep him alive long enough to do that.

Since we aren't getting any defense tools that are actually useful and reliable, maybe we can get the means to cripple (lol) our opponents faster ? Pweese ? Like maybe it's time we can alpha with our drains ?

Also, I've always found it ridiculous that a profession that uses mostly crit reliant weapons does not have access to a crit buff. The 5% from research is most welcome, but it is still not enough. Sure, you can get pretty decent crit rate by stacking all the crit buffing items in game, but that would mean making huge sacrifices that would gimp us even more.

As for the people who still think GTH is overpowered or in some way unfair, I'd like to quote my conversation with a doc I was fighting in BS (after he got killed, not by me):

[doc]: gth sucks
    [me]: i know
    [me]: ubt sucks too tho
    [doc]: that true

The truth is there's alot of things that suck, and GTH is no different. UBT, a tripple or SnD alpha that sends me to decon disables me just as well as GTH disables docs and NTs. I don't see anything unfair with that.

Oh, and since nobody will ever read this or take it seriously, may I ask who had the bright idea that traders should have dark blue ranged inits ? I'm sorry, I just had to ask that

Kudos to you traders still out there, I for one gave up and moved on to greener pastures.
    Jake "Deathorglory" Harper
    Omni-Trans, Security Division

Quote Originally Posted by Deathorglory View Post
    Oh, and since nobody will ever read this or take it seriously, may I ask who had the bright idea that traders should have dark blue ranged inits ? I'm sorry, I just had to ask that
    The same one that gave us cyan nano init and thought we should kill our opponents draining their hp to death.

Long, painful, and ridiculous death, that has the only disadvantage to work only on people full agg and afk.
    Lady 'Kahina' Draconis, lvl 220/23 neutral MA equip
    This message is hidden because Nanofox1 is on your ignore list.
    Crawling 'Kathryna' Chaos, lvl 220/25 neutral Trader equip
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrangeline View Post
    I guess if AO continued to develop like this, in the year 2087 it would basically be Rock Paper Scissor Online.
    Scissor wouldn't stand a chance against Rock but Paper still wants Scissor nerfed.

Quote Originally Posted by Kahina View Post
    The same one that gave us cyan nano init and thought we should kill our opponents draining their hp to death.

Long, painful, and ridiculous death, that has the only disadvantage to work only on people full agg and afk.
    Come on, it took me just 5 minutes to kill a level 178 MA with health-drains and trader pets...our toolset does work
    Last edited by Syyceria; Dec 11th, 2007 at 10:59:46.
    Syy

Quote Originally Posted by Syyceria View Post
    Come on, it took me just 5 minutes to kill a level 178 MA with health-drains and trader pets...our toolset does work
    HA, im better, i killed a 181 Crat with fists.
    Shareidah - First Order

Matthew 23:13 "and the trader hath casteth bulk trader at the young age of 14. and it was good. and so he hath an extra 260 comp lit and he hath equippeth better ncu's. and it was good too.

Crats don't have heals, my pets soloed a 176 crat once. In the middle of OA and he didn't knew that he will be the first victim ever to those pets
    Syy

Crats don't have heals, my pets soloed a 176 crat once. In the middle of OA and he didn't knew that he will be the first victim ever to those pets
    Your pets can do that? I summoned them and sent them on a level 32 bronto mama and they didnt manage to kill it before they despawned
    Veteran of Equilibrium

I just got all the new nanos on my trader (155 atm) and I gotta say.
    Its just stupid! 2x Nanite drains, corporate or industrial and people got like no chance hitting me at all.
    I just cant wait untill I run into a soldier and "Borrow" his reflect.

With this feeling I allmost dont want to lvl my trader.
    Just doing my 2,5k tokens now and then I'll continue the grind to 220 so I can get asswhooped by everyone!
    Fapfap - 220/19 Fixer
    Fappers - 220/22 NT
    Autoafk - 220/21 Crat
    Hisap - 220/20 Shade
    Autofil - 212/11 Enf
    Hisap1 - 211/13 Sol
    Autofap - 211/9 Agt

I vote we revive this necro from the ashes and let the new whine tread dai ^^
    TWADER - Rimor Clanner - 220/31/70 - Trox Trader of Quetzalcoatl
    ATLANTEAN SERVER
    The Firm
    Godt Saa... Eller - STEEL!
    House Maadiah
    RIMOR SERVER
    The Syndicate
    Quetzlcoat

Quote Originally Posted by ICCKoruption View Post
    If you go to old athens, or omni entertainment be sure to look for the Rubi-ka museum of natural history. you will find numerous Traders that have been immaculately restored to their original states, some archeological digs were intentionally based around reclaim terminals.
    if you do find a trader still in circulation, be sure to check the expiry date, they are usually marked :best before june 2001.

I win.. i killed a 218 trox keep in full TS outfit with a screwdriver..

After killing him 3 times he send me hate tells :
    [Keeperwithoutanynanoresist]: Try without roots you noob!

That made my day for 3 weeks..
    There are no stupid questions, only stupid people.

Quote Originally Posted by Lisea View Post

was he the one with the TS outfit or were you ?

Btw didnt know u can wield screwdrivers

Quote Originally Posted by Romaas View Post
    was he the one with the TS outfit or were you ?

Btw didnt know u can wield screwdrivers
    Nah i just love the fact that i could kill him in the TS outfit, had silverback equipped
    Its my screwdriver while making carb in BS :P
    There are no stupid questions, only stupid people.

Quote Originally Posted by Lisea View Post

Ohhh yeah. right, had an encounter like that too.

220 MA, flagged in ICC trying to gank a soldier at 30% hp, but fails. I try< to gank MA, but get gangbanged by 4 other ppl unloading FA/burst/AS etc. Run back from pande, guess what i see on the way out from the tunnel in ICC?
    A flagged MA.
    Hmm rezzshock... ****it.
    Root. OH it lands lol. Debuff,
    - Divest... Check.
    - corporate... check
    - Plunder... fail #1
    - hmm. NR debuff light-- check ofc.
    - Plunder... Check.
    - Pawnbokers... Check
    - Draw AC... Check
    - Abolish polonium... Check.
    hmm Nano 50%.
    Drain backup.
    - GTh... check.
    ASflingperkSplat.

/tell ssen17 remansofrandomMA in rezz. You make me feel special.
    Shareidah - First Order

kooool you only needed 8 nanos ............ oh wait, oh yeah that's right we really DO need a hotbar full of nanos to do anything worthwhile

Ohhh yeah. right, had an encounter like that too.

220 MA, flagged in ICC trying to gank a soldier at 30% hp, but fails. I try< to gank MA, but get gangbanged by 4 other ppl unloading FA/burst/AS etc. Run back from pande, guess what i see on the way out from the tunnel in ICC?
    A flagged MA.
    Hmm rezzshock... ****it.
    Root. OH it lands lol. Debuff,
    - Divest... Check.
    - corporate... check
    - Plunder... fail #1
    - hmm. NR debuff light-- check ofc.
    - Plunder... Check.
    - Pawnbokers... Check
    - Draw AC... Check
    - Abolish polonium... Check.
    hmm Nano 50%.
    Drain backup.
    - GTh... check.
    ASflingperkSplat.

/tell ssen17 remansofrandomMA in rezz. You make me feel special.
    Tergx 220 Atrox Trader | 220 Soli doc | 220 Enf & other toons
    Synergy Factor org ~ APPLY HERE

When readin replies in AO forums, just remember ........ there is no cure for stupid

doublepost sry
    Last edited by Shareida; Dec 12th, 2007 at 22:38:47.
    Shareidah - First Order

Quote Originally Posted by Tergx View Post
    kooool you only needed 8 nanos ............ oh wait, oh yeah that's right we really DO need a hotbar full of nanos to do anything worthwhile
    I do my best to fulfill my role as a competent pvp trader. /flex.

/sarcasm off.

Hmm anyone mind counting the time until i was done landing all debuffs?

Then calculate the damage (same time)

- a soldier could have done with Dshark+ perks
    - same for agent (Cobra)
    - Lets say advy and keep for fun too.
    - maybe NT?
    I know Masta has 46% nanodmgincrease from equip.
    Count that on spamming Triples.

Then calculate the times i would have died from each of them until i was safe.
    Maybe you will find one profession of those who will do lesser as 13000 damage in that time. if that is the case we have a viable offense wich is a viable defense the same time.
    Shareidah - First Order

Quote Originally Posted by Impaler View Post
    free bump
    NECRO omg looooock!
    Shareidah - First Order

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast