Thread: n00b to AO needs help with Weapon Smithing

n00b to AO needs help with Weapon Smithing

Hi!
    I just need some help on some basic recipies.. ok.. so one recipie..
    I just want to make a simple plain jane 1he weapon..
    So I've bought lots of little shiny things and am attempting to combine em..
    *NOTE: Using a QL 4 1he kit, every other item is the same QL or higher)*
    So basically.. I quess I just need info on where to find these fabled manuals with orders and parts in Omni Trade or for someone to just post one =)
    Thanks,
    Entahnkah
    "This is my BOOM stick.. when it hits you, it goes BOOOM!"

It's not worth it. Player made weapons generally suck, that's if the components to make them even work at all. Just go to the shop and buy a weapon.
    Rotamus, 196 NT
    Littlebitt, 200 Doc
    Ranxacka, 153 Trader

Proud general of Immortal Ascension

America's Finest News Source

Hollywood Stock Exchange

It may not be worth it, however I am still interested in doing it.
    Something special about slicing up your oppenent with your own made weapon that just tickles my funny bone.. oh wait.. that was just a vibration of me hitting them..
    Irregardless, i'd still like to know the recipie for just a plane jane 1he weapon so I can experiment.
    Thanks,
    Entahnkah
    "This is my BOOM stick.. when it hits you, it goes BOOOM!"

Arrow

If you're really into making and using your own weapons, try chem maussers.

You can build a regular one, then hack and convert it.

I don't know if the mausser process is broken or not though. Safe bet would be that it is, last I bothered to look most didn't work.

The tradeskills section in shops has everything you need: the guides, the kits, and the parts.
    mercatura -ae f. [trade, traffic; merchandise]

Moved off-world and found real tradeskills...along with many other things

This thread has a reasonably complete listing of what works and what doesn't. The good news is that most of the recipes are not broken. The bad news is that the entire 1H-edged category is fubared.

Weapon contruction is still a bit hit and miss, even with kits that are confirmed as working. Most of the time you're fine, but sometimes a kit just doesn't like the combination of QL's that have gone into it and refuses to accept the next part. However, the biggest problem with the whole enterprise is that there really isn't much that you can build which is as good as the stuff you'll find in missions, or even in the shops.

That said, every other construction process in the game appears to be working absolutely correctly. I've never heard of a problem with implants, nanocrystals, chem Mausser conversions, jewellery etc. It's only weapon manuals and kits which have problems, so don't let the problems in this area put you off the idea of tradeskills entirely. Tradeskills are something I personally find very satisfying, and I take every opportunity to make something new when the opportunity arises.

Cheers,

~R~