Thread: IRRK: The End of the NLF. In Style

Independent Reporters of Rubi-Ka Editor: IRRK's Avatar

IRRK: The End of the NLF. In Style

The End of the NLF. In Style
    August 12, 29481 - Brad Talamer [Atlantean]

IRRK - Clon**** (IRRK) - July 21st - After fighting a guerilla campaign for so long against notum mining operations, it wouldn't be too hard to expect the Nanomage Liberation Front to go out with a bang. Funnily enough, they followed expectations in their final act of terrorism at the Neutral Rights Day.

For over two years, the NLF had staged acts of terrorism against all sides, and had been known for the actions of some of their more notorious members -- such as George "Gorgefodder" Parsil, who was on Most Wanted lists for both factions before his death last year. Considering anyone pro-mining or anti-Nanomage an enemy, they were at one point considered one of the most dangerous independant organisations in Rubi-Ka.

What a difference a ****-up makes.

What had been planned as a means to sabotage the cannons at the Notum Export Facility was the start of a comedy of errors which resulted in an explosion obliterating the four leaders of the NLF. According to an eyewitness, the only thing missing was a piano nearby to provide a cartoon soundtrack.

As part of the Neutral Rights Day events, the NLF held a press conference outside the facility in northern Clon****. Anyone present who had doubts of the NLF's motives were soon corrected, as the leaders made their communiqué. The main target was undoubtably Omni-Tek, who were lambasted by NLF President Carly "Nuser" Kawarau. "The policy of Omni-Tek seems to be that in stealing 'their' notum, you will end up with the sharp end of a bullet," announced Nuser. "We are merely following their example. Steal our notum and face the sharp end of our 'bullet'!".

This was soon followed up by a cry of Clan hypocrisy from Squad Commander Lukan "Bruntos" Multas - "These scoundrels of the east, have forgotten the main objective of their fight! What freedom is there left in these slaves of notum profit? The empty shells left behind are just a memory of who the leaders used to be!". The ICC was not spared either, with Major "Nyadach" Prabel exclaiming that, "All they care for is nothing but credits, at the expense of all life on this planet."

After a rallying cry of the NLF's catchphrase. "Till all are free!", the explosives were detonated. And that was when things went very wrong. Due to the position of the charges, the plasma was fired into the air by the notum cannons. The resulting shots hit a ship passing overhead, which in a case of serious bad luck, crashed near where the NLF leaders were standing. The subsequent explosion resulting from the crash and the explosive charges devastated the hill on which the NLF made its speech, instantly killing all four leaders on the spot.

Several times during the event, the crowd was attempted to be broken up by Omni-Pol forces protecting the facility, including Officer "Virta" Hendrix in a combat-ready mech. However, in light of the events at Clon**** and the fate of the NLF, Omni-Pol's threats were at best laughable after the NLF did the job for them.

Reports in the aftermath of the NLF attack conflict, with some of the leaders reported to have lacked insurance, resulting in their permenant death. However, at least two of the leaders managed to survive, albeit not completely - Nuser & Bruntos were reportedly resurrected by the insurance system without any memory of the NLF or any of its events. Whether this is due to tampering by Omni-Reform as a result of the former's arrest the previous week is unconfirmed, but it appears that the two leaders have decided to join Third Faction, a long-time friend of the NLF and a key organiser of the day's events, in their new lives.

Since welcomed in by the organisation, Third Faction's President Nohva commented in an exclusive IRRK interview that, "Their leadership has come to the realisation that they can no longer fight their oppressors alone. Many of them, including their current leader, will be setting aside their old prejudices and taking up arms along side us and their fellow neutrals. Today was a tragedy, but also an important wake up call." Acting on the loss of its leaders, Omni-Tek has started an initiative to eliminate remaining members of the NLF - However, sources into the NLF remnants reveal that they are far from over, denouncing the former leaders and going underground within the Omni & Clan ranks.

Whether the former leaders of the NLF will be pardoned by Omni-Tek & the Clans as a result of their amnesia remains to be seen. In the meantime, the demise of the Nanomage Liberation Front seems to bring in a slightly quieter time for Rubi-Ka.

Attached Images:
    nlf1.jpg
    nlf2.jpg
    nlf3.jpg
    nlf4.jpg

sheesh, i LOVE attachement nr 4 "omni-pol's response", it sooo doesn't reek of propaganda
    Never knock on death's door, always ring the bell and run. Death really hates that.

*looks up in the sky, making a salute*

"Goodbye.... You shall be missed."

*taps on her comm*

"General Hendrix, Could you make sure to send me a few pieces"?
    "She was a damn fine ship, im gonna miss you, old friend"
    Nothing beats a Macfluffy!
    "Proud citizen of Omni-Tek and corporal of Omni-Pol"

I much as I would have loved to kill them, killed themselves off in a mishap is so much more fitting.
    Server first !!! Neutral Solitus Male Soldier named Boltgun to wear a short with pink spots on RK1 !!!
    N E U T R A L I Z E R S

Omni-Pol is pleased to inform the public that the terrorist organisation called The Nanomage Liberation Front has been crushed following the incident in Clon****.

It was clear all along that the efforts of our officers would soon bring them to a stop. There is no doubt the NLF had been pushed into a corner with limited means to continue their activities. All the pressure put on them resulted in NLF making a fatal error. Congratulations go to dozens of our officers involved in the pursuit of these criminals and each are awarded the The Omni-Pol Black Medal of Ross.

Omni-Pol urges the population of Borealis to act responsibly and to report Omni-Tek of any such criminal organisation forming in the future, so the matter can be dealt with before it grows into a problem.

It is most appropriate that the invoice for the destroyed Omni-Tek ship is to be sent to the administration of Borealis to be paid in full from the city funds.

Thank you for your cooperation.
    Engineer General Virta, Omni-Pol. Not in active service.

Roleplaying Profile of Jimi "Virta" Hendrix

Quote Originally Posted by Virta View Post
    It is most appropriate that the invoice for the destroyed Omni-Tek ship is to be sent to the administration of Borealis to be paid in full from the city funds.

Thank you for your cooperation.
    HAH! you actually send bills to your own corporation, but in a different city for a lousy ship?! i knew omni-tek was weak, after all it doesn't take an army to shoot some of you around 2HO, great hunting grounds
    Never knock on death's door, always ring the bell and run. Death really hates that.

Shouldn't you be hugging a tree somewhere, hmm?
    Nothing beats a Macfluffy!
    "Proud citizen of Omni-Tek and corporal of Omni-Pol"

only if you'll hug a cactus or 2

does this mean..*sniffs* does this mean Lukan and Carly might not remember us Alwards? I hope not..Petra was in the NLF for a time she runs her own gig now but she'd be devastated if Lukan forgot her. I wish them well and I am sad to hear they are no longer the fine group they once were.
    Main Role Play Toons
    ------------------------------
    Agentrose-Rose Alward-Agent
    Abbagail Parsil--Rose's daughter
    Jasminum-Jasmine Linglaya
    Jadedj- Jaden Linglaya-
    Laylana-Doctor-Corporal of Omni-Pol and DJ
    Opangel-engie-Corporal of Omni-Pol
    http://omnipol.sytes.net/join.php

it's all an elaborate hoax by NLF to get Omni-Pol off their back.

Attached image nlf3.jpg claims to show the "corpses" of the nlf leaders, while close inspection reveals that individuals in the picture and not dead by just /sleep'ing

I excpect NLF to make a comeback with an exceeding spectacular (and impeccably executed) act of terror.

Quote Originally Posted by intelknight View Post
    it's all an elaborate hoax by NLF to get Omni-Pol off their back.

Attached image nlf3.jpg claims to show the "corpses" of the nlf leaders, while close inspection reveals that individuals in the picture and not dead by just /sleep'ing

I excpect NLF to make a comeback with an exceeding spectacular (and impeccably executed) act of terror.
    Probably, will be joy when (if) that happen. But till then your "shhh they're only sleeping" is quote worthy.

Oh and Omni Pol : Your ships, your funds. Next time put some more plating on them and stop putting your costs on Borealis. There is more and more of your trash in there already.
    Server first !!! Neutral Solitus Male Soldier named Boltgun to wear a short with pink spots on RK1 !!!
    N E U T R A L I Z E R S

The permanent death of any individual against their will is not something that should result in pleasure for others. I hope that the unfortunate end of the Nanomage Liberation Front does not also signal the death of discussion over the depletion of Notum. Despite their methods, the Nanomage Liberation Front ensured that the debate over the fate of Notum, and all nanomages, continued to be a topic of discussion.

--Ferrex
    Ferrex "Sanqq" Baldwin
    General
    Department of Entertainment
    ~Society of Salvation~

The old man is dead?

Nya's gone? @_@

I remember when I first arrived on planet. A lone Martial Artist with big dreams and no real idea how to accomplish them. Nya took me under his "wing" (so to speak) had me meet other Martial Artists in the Neutral community, and helped me to learn what I needed to learn, how to survive on Rubi-ka. When my sister arrived on world, and I was still detained, you did the same for her. You were kinda like a foster father to both of us.

I never understood your affiliiation with the NLF. You always seemed too level to be affiliated with such terrorists. Deep down, I knew no good would come from it. Looks like I was right.

We always figured you were eternal, Nya...my sister and I used to joke that when the Atlantean landed on Rubi-ka, you were there to greet it, that you were the template for the homo nano, and that when the sun shone it's last day on Rubi-ka, you would be there to wave good-bye. Such a childish and futile thoughts now. It's time for the children to grow up, it seems.

I face a darker world without you, my friend. One less certain, scarier than it has been before. I don't look forward to it.

I can hear crying from the other room. Looks like my sister heard the news, too.

I am truly sorry you never lived to see your precious city liberated from Omni-Tek, Nya. I know how much it meant to you. Because you can't, I will fight now. While I'd always been more of a Newland boi, I will make Borealis my home, and I will see it once again the serene tranquil Neutral city it was when I came here - the city the way you loved it - even if it takes my last breath to do so.

Sayonara, Nyadach-sama. You will live on in our hearts and our deeds.
    Last edited by Namiru; Aug 18th, 2007 at 01:19:08.
    The Independent Rubikans - The oldest Neutral Org on RK1! 10.5 years and counting!

Namiru - 210/30/58 Neutral Solitus Martial Artist, Advisor - Always accepting new students in the Art
    Thalona - 199/25/40 Neutral Solitus Meta-Physicist, Veteran - Pondering higher thought
    Weefleboy - 150/20/40 Neutral Opifex Fixer, Member - Wheeling and Dealing somewhere on RK.
    Johnnysokko - 60/6/14 Neutral Solitus Engineer, Member - Still trying to twink that Slayer on.
    Keepdafaith - 60/6/14 Neutral Atrox Keeper, Member - IR Temple Services
    Powerbender - 100/6/14 Neutral Nanomage Nano-Technician, Member
    Deleetful - 65/7/14 Neutral Solitus Adventurer, Applicant
    Lumbergh - 60/5/10 Neutral Nanomage Bureaucrat, Applicant - "M'yeah, I'm going to have to ask that you go ahead and come into work on Saturday...that would be great..."

Quote Originally Posted by Sanqq View Post
    The permanent death of any individual against their will is not something that should result in pleasure for others. I hope that the unfortunate end of the Nanomage Liberation Front does not also signal the death of discussion over the depletion of Notum. Despite their methods, the Nanomage Liberation Front ensured that the debate over the fate of Notum, and all nanomages, continued to be a topic of discussion.

--Ferrex
    my enviromentalist charity foundation is partly about the notum investigation, but more related to the effects on the nature & wildlife of mining it out

I think Omni-Tek will not stop mining untill they are forced to when all their administrative Nanomage employees drop dead from the lack of notum in the air and ground.

I cannot decide whether the day Omni-Tek realizes they're wrong in killing this (already by itself) beautiful planet to be a victory, or the death of all the brave and resourceful nanomage inhabitants to be a major loss. I only know that if that happens, everyone will turn up against Omni-Tek.