Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: IRRK: Rubi-Ka In Bloom

Independent Reporters of Rubi-Ka Editor: IRRK's Avatar

IRRK: Rubi-Ka In Bloom

IRRK: Rubi-Ka In Bloom
    August 08, 29481 - [Global]

IRRK - Little thought is often given to the terraforming efforts on Rubi-Ka, and how far we have come since the first landers of the Atlantean and Rimor survey vessels made planetfall on a barren, desert world 779 years ago.

Within the last few years, the terraforming has borne visible fruit, with lush green grasses and trees reaching unprecedented levels of growth across the surface, beginning to almost completely supplant the rough shrubbery and hardy desert grasses which had been a familiar sight for so long.

This year is no exception, with cultivators of flowers reporting a record crop this summer making its way to florists. Of particular note is the success of growing the Carnation within Rubi-Ka's naturally dry, and occasionally slightly alkaline soil.

As the planet continues to teach us, there is a lot more to what this world can offer than Notum mining. Rubi-Ka is a place of natural beauty, an oasis of life in the cold, deepest depths of space.

Yes, the botanical benefits of this world are enormous. Why, my Export business is just thriving with the shipment off-world of notum-infused pharmaceutical herbs and plants... Thank you Rubi-Ka
    Alexsi "Nadab" Stefanovich

Corporal Officer, Omni-Pol Field Ops
    (Atlantean)

formerly
    T-Sgt1C, Omni-AF, 4th Fusiliers RST, Retired.

If I'm the Agent of Shai-hulud, where's my 10% ?
    Roleplaying Profile of Alexsi "Nadab" Stefanovich

what about all the trash and dangerous containers and barrels omni-tek dumps in the nature non-stop?
    Never knock on death's door, always ring the bell and run. Death really hates that.

good point PBF, we should dump our toxic waste somewhere where it wont harm our nature.

...those dead desserts in the north for example would prove perhaps a better spot.
    Nothing beats a Macfluffy!
    "Proud citizen of Omni-Tek and corporal of Omni-Pol"

how about in your own barracks and apartments :O
    Never knock on death's door, always ring the bell and run. Death really hates that.

bad idea.
    Nothing beats a Macfluffy!
    "Proud citizen of Omni-Tek and corporal of Omni-Pol"

RE : OmniTech Waist Disposal

Origional post by Playboyfixer :-
    "what about all the trash and dangerous containers and barrels omni-tek dumps in the nature non-stop?"

Yes it is true that Omnitech has been irisponcible with their waist disposal in the past, that said i personally have been working with a number of organisations that see the benifits of disposeing of waist in more apropriate ways. It seems that the population are really beggining to see this planet as their home and not a floating trash skip in a backwater part of space.

i still see alot of dumping of biohazardous waste at omni-ent's walls in omni forest, and that is one of the things my non-profit organisation Demeter's Garden is trying to fix.

to know more about my organisation just send me a private relaymessage and we can talk more

Quote Originally Posted by Editor: IRRK View Post
    [
    Rubi-Ka is a place of natural beauty, an oasis of life in the cold, deepest depths of space.
    Yeah, pumping a lifeless desert planet full of oxygen and water and non-native life forms is nature's way, after all.
    Quote Originally Posted by kesh View Post
    I heard black troxes have a huge nothing.
    Berinda: Assault rifle

Wenona: SMG

Well yeah i guess it is natures way, you have got to rember that life adapts it's self to survive. and we do kinda need that oxygen to erm ..... ahh yeah Live

I'm not disagreeing with that. I'm saying the conditions on Rubi-Ka are man-made, not natural.
    Quote Originally Posted by kesh View Post
    I heard black troxes have a huge nothing.
    Berinda: Assault rifle

Wenona: SMG

With regard to all this toxic waste and stuff..
    RUR has lots and lots of previous experience in polluting this planet and making it unsafe in other ways, can't OT make them turn it into little "presents" for our alien guests?? Two birds with one stone and all that??
    Me? Trouble? No trouble..

As Mae West said: "Never resist temptation, you don't know if you'll get another chance."

Quote Originally Posted by Kahava View Post
    RUR has lots and lots of previous experience in polluting this planet and making it unsafe in other ways, can't OT make them turn it into little "presents" for our alien guests?? Two birds with one stone and all that??
    omni-tek itself dumps biohazardous waste in the forests

Omni-Tek itself is a biohazard waste.... dump it.
    ZeePhonz :: 220/30/70 Adventurer
    ZeeMedic :: 220/30/70 Doctor
    ZeeDaKeep :: 220/30/70 Keeper
    Cratscan :: 220/30/70 Bureaucrat
    ZeeStabbie :: 220/30/65 Shade
    ZeeInstein :: 220/21/60 Engineer

President of A.R.S. (Athens Recovery Service)

Whenever I fill out an application, in the part that says "If an emergency, notify:" I put "DOCTOR".

Quote Originally Posted by Kahava View Post
    Just of the record, it was that one time, the NEAMO incident, it was a bona fide accident, the oil splill was cleaned up, we paid the Omni-Pol fine and served our community service sentence. Can't we look past this?

Dabblez
    Dabblez - Rubi-Ka Universal Robots (RUR)
    We put the Art into Artificial Intelligence!

Wailing Wastes would be in bloom as well...if we only had a lot of water to dump there...

You could always use the craters in Wailing Wastes.

I wonder how the state of the planet will turn once all notum has been drawn from it. Perhaps there wouldn't be a Rubi-Ka as a result.

Quote Originally Posted by Tani View Post
    You could always use the craters in Wailing Wastes.

I wonder how the state of the planet will turn once all notum has been drawn from it. Perhaps there wouldn't be a Rubi-Ka as a result.

There is no indication that notum is will run. But if we were to speculate I would guess the day notum runs out, we will all pack our bags and leave, Rubi-Ka may appear like a living and breathing planet, but it isn't really.

In its natural state Rubi-Ka is an unihabitable lump of rock. Technology created the amtosphere, the water and everything that makes Rubi-Ka liveable. I imagine it costs a lot of money to keep the terraforming gear going. Without notum exports to pay pay for it, who will foot the bill?
    Dabblez - Rubi-Ka Universal Robots (RUR)
    We put the Art into Artificial Intelligence!

Some people aren't so blinded by greed as Omni-Tek and do- dare- to call this planet home, even it's more unhabitable surfaces. If so many critters managed to survive here, then why wouldn't it be habitable without terraforming?

If Omni-Tek's done with the planet and leaves, all the better for us. We're not afraid of a sand storm or two should go back to it's 'inhabitable' state.

You can dump the trash in PW..
    Quadrivium .... a new begining :|

RK2 Veteran of Genesis

Master Evolkeep 220/25 Keeper I R DEAD Pic :x Equip
    Experienced Skyfix 220/20 Fixer

RK1 General of Exile
    Master Banditu 220/22 Agent Pic <3 Ze gear
    No title Spinarex 216/15 Doc
    Freshman Cratforall 215/9 Crat

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast