Thread: ideas plz read

ideas plz read

First off I here that the booster pack contains land control. This is the ability for orgs to set up “mines” , and “towers” to protect them. So far this is about all they have said about land control.
    If this is as basic as it sounds, then it will be a waste of $20. The whole thing needs to be a lot more complicated:
    First off, orgs want bases, trust me. Orgs like to have a place of there own where the can do meetings and stuff. Instead of just having a mine, there should be a Base. Bases could range form a small room and a small mine, to huge Lumbering buildings with large add-ons. This of course would cost a #$%^ load of $$$$- (id say for the biggest base, it should be at least the cost of 10 good yalms) Like wise, towers should be the same way.

Secondly base attacking- there should be many different kinds of defenses for bases, not just towers, plus if a base is attack, an alarm should go off and the org is told that there base is being attacked. If a Base is being attack PvP combat should be open between the attacking and defending org (but only in the zone where the base is at).

Only being able to destroy a base one way would suck… there should be multiple ways to destroy another orgs base, as well as ways to defend them… for example…

1.You could run up take out all towers, and take down the base
    Or…
    2. You could sneak past the towers; unlock the front door, sneak past the indoor security system and plant a bomb or something like.

There would also be ways to counter these attacks…
    1. Get better towers, come and defend the base for yourself… est.
    2. Buy a better QL of lock for you front door, for buy a better security system, or even patrol inside for yourself

There should be a level cap for who can or can’t attack orgs bases. A good way to calculate this would be… take all members, make an average, then all peps who are 5 lvls above or under the lvl average, may attack the orgs base.

There also should be rewards or something for orgs who take other orgs bases. Like $$ for heroic effort.

These are just some ideas. I know they would be a lot of work for funcom, but it would be fun. I know some of the ideas sux, but I think some are good to. Please post any ideas you may have.
    I give Funcom all rights to use my ideas for the booster pack.
    Last edited by Jasni; Sep 10th, 2002 at 15:39:39.

Love the Idea about building bases and having add-ons and such.
    Maybe it could serve 2 purposes. Makes the landcontrol more fun and sorts out rubi-ka's messed up economy
    Rk1- Sol Epsilon3

-Gameover Man
    -Summoned, I come. I take the place which has been Prepared for me. I am grey, I stand between the candle and the star. We are grey, we stand between the darknes, and the light.

Thanx, i also have one more question... if the land of a zone is completly comtroled by one force (omni or clan)... will that zone be declaered to be the force's area? Will it ever be posibly to take over citys... If so what will happen when one force takes over the whole planet.
    I think that every zone should be able to have Bases or contolers, or whatever in them... becouse this is a war of the whole planet... so it should be in Total combat. Remeber this is a war... yet the conflict between omni and the clans in the game is very low... it needs to be just like a war, with battles, won and lost... This game has been to peaceful to long... I beleve if Funcom can make this booster pack work right they can make this game with constant fights are heroic effort, or they could fail... make this whole control thing uninteresting, and slow, and a big waste of time... I hope very much that someone who works for Funcom sees this... And takes this into Consideration. I create this thead to make a point. I am tring to fix where many others has failed...
    Last edited by Jasni; Sep 10th, 2002 at 15:41:31.

Sounds like what you want is a dynamicly changing world, kindalike what Shadowbane is supposed to be. I think it would be a great addition to Rubi-ka.
    The org I'm a member of will suck at land control, to many inactive members...
    Garishna Dual pistol slinging adventurer without a clue.

I have to agree with some people on this point

Inactive guild will be hard for them to keep control of there buildings

But on another note IM GONNA BUY THE EXPANSION