Thread: Exploit clarification?

Exploit clarification?

Okay, in the following thread, Cosmik first says that a certain action is not an exploit because it wasn't being used much. Cz later says that a lot of people have been using it so it is now an exploit.

http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...threadid=46087

Is the number of users (can't call them exploiters until there are enough of them) really part of the definition an exploit? If we are accused of exploiting, can we put up a 'there aren't many people doing this' defense? Was it okay when just a couple of org leaders were manipulating their banks to generate billions of credits but when others started doing it it became an exploit? You used to point people to the definition of exploit in the ARK handbook, has this been superceded by another definition?

All we ask for is consistency. The sheer number of charges of favoritism that you have to defend yourself against every week should make you want the same thing.

Scorus

Bummer by us to state it that way. We didn't want to label people exploiters, but should have.

Let me try say it this way: It was always an exploit, but due to the nature and extent of it we didn't allocate a lot of resources into battling it at that time, but . Now we do, and people should stop using it immediately.

And if they don't and are caught, then they will be banned, correct? First offense?

If they are exploiters, call them exploiters. And far, far worse. The lack of effort to take care of exploits at various times in this game's development have driven a lot of honest players away.

Scorus

Yo, man

Hold it, Scorus. You already won the battle. Stop the crusade for now.

1) You and me (and a lot of others) know, that winning a virtual battle is ... - virtual.

2) You were right in the beginning! (Nothing worse than a mean winner)

3) They had to confess that it was a (big) mistake.

-> Needs a handful of guts to state it clearly that late.
    -> They lost/will loose enough accounts by their mistake.*
    -> There will be more 'incidents' in the future where we can bash them.

* (highly hypothetical stuff)
    - Folks that feels cheated: Honesty doesn't pay in the end - at least out here (like me, e.g.)
    - Folks that got banned and are pissed of by their inconsistence
    - Folks that will get ganked by the powertwinks that were raised by this method

So, come back to the constructive side - we troll another time again.

So long,

Max(imilian)
    100% curious

Okay, I still don't know why I pay to play this game... In the beginning, massive exploits lead to people hitting 200th level and 1000 token boards in under a month. These characters still exist in the game. Over the next year, many other exploits have been taken out, yet most of those characters remain. How can anyone expect there to be an interactive storyline with all of these problems?! I think FunCom should either:

1) admit that AO is strictly a level churning game without the hope of a storyline
    or 2) do a character wipe and implement an interactive storyline like they -promised-.

I'm outta here. Peace all.