Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: The Council is no longer

Thanks to the people showing up at the little org disband gathering. Thanks to everyone for a year of great online gaming, especially to a great guild.

But as Atlavan says very correct. This is only a game. We will move on to other games when we get bored or when the company screws us. And so we did.

Thanks to all the great friends I made through AO, I hope/think we will remain in touch through our channels of communication.

A goodbye to the community people from Funcom: Dai, Cz and Cosmik aswell. I know you do a lot for the community and I know its not easy to please the customer, especially not with the cases that has been going on lately. I know you mean the best and I know you gotta stick to what the company tells you to. Good luck cleaning up the mess at the moment, I think you need it. And I am sure we will have a talk now and then.

And that is the end of it for me. No more whining from this bugger.

*poof*

(no you can't have my stuff)
    ~Lone

oh, and and i might also add that Cz did a good job by this comment - he is right:
    "Oh, and people are absolutely free to compete for spawns, whether they give good XP, valuable loot, or not."

I can't have your stuff noer? :P hehe

I will be one of those staying around, it is good to see so much support for TC here in this thread. IMO Funcom just won't EVER get Customer Service right. They are catering to a world wide audience, where MOST people that play come from countries where they expect and demand excellent customer service for their spending dollars.

Sorry I couldn't attend the disband ceremony, as I am at work atm. Hope FC gets the point: people will only take it up the arse so much before they decide to take off.

Kenidy/Isgrimnur

sorry to see you guys go will be missed.
    - lvl 200 neutral agent -

Originally posted by Itburnz
    Welcome to Neocron,

Nikoz, Fopus, Superflu, Dankman, Teedboye, Gunnandahalf, Resta, Getphazed, Kinkstaah, Resta, Serve, Jannerik, Fotik, Ayat and all the others.

... get the clue ? Join us
    Ohhh Put me on the list

SOrry to see you guys go.

Had fun talking to you guys, Pvping, Camelot raids, and training Tarasque onto some of you! *hint hint*

-Saiban

I miss Saiban always getting one inch away from your face when he wanted to talk to you. ;]

I'm sorry to see TC go for quite a few reasons.

Firstly, I grew up with many of them through the ranks of Div9 and through Praetorian Guard. Unfortunately, I never made the 150 mark, although TC had always kept aside an invite for me for when I hit 150. Although I was at the ceremony, it was only a feeling of being in spirit. Everyone of them has been a role model and fine example of how to be a "player".

Secondly, it's a sad day when the people that have fought for the community tooth and nail to try and get things right, and although many people may think them whiners, we would ALL be far worse off if it hadn't of been for TC.

Lastly, it's the end result of the failures on FC's part to not only provide something for higher levels to do, but the consistancy of their inconsistancy in being able to control situations properly. Dai, Cosmik and Cz have battled valiantly to try and help us all, but the sheer weight of the blunders made has made their life nigh on impossible. I hope that all three will find a company that can one day give them what they need to do their jobs.

I left a few times before, but I came back because of the people I knew. Each time I returned a few more had gone. Now they're going, I think I'll exit for good too.

Date of registration 2001-07-03 20:44:24 UTC
    Account status Open until 2002-10-07
    Subscription is cancelled
    Next billing Not scheduled

Just incase you missed it : http://www.aeonflux.co.uk/scrn0004.jpg
    Last edited by Poweredge|vault; Sep 10th, 2002 at 02:22:14.
    Powervault ~ Legion
    Poweredge ~ Omegastrike

Poweredge's Soldier Guide (Now Sticky!)

You want to use CAC in SL? READ THIS

Well its happens in all games high lvl players soon getting bored and not much can keep them around especialy when there other unexplored games coming.

Same happend in DAoC after 9 month my brother guild has disbanded. Same hapends in EQ, UO and will heappen in AC2, Neocron, SWG once you get to the point when there is nothing esle to do its better to move on.

Good luck to you guys i wish you best in RL and hoping that our patches will cross again in some other game.
    Two sisters practicing medicine on Rubika and Shadowlands Pomy and Julka.

As a doctor i would prescribe you to use some common sense and a vacation to Real Life"

If i ever start a new character in Eve i will choose a name something like "aieerjjnnvajjnasdio11e3".

Heh thats cause i have to play in 3rd person to escape the lag in AO tarage, only times i can play in 1st is in missions. Not even that, only when runnign i can, cause my Nova's muzzle flash lags the hell outa me, and my settings wont turn it off, haha. Waiting to see where you get those nophex's at. Tarage you got AIM, ICQ or any thing?

Sux to see you go, cya all in the next MMORPGs that will come.

btw the snake issue means i can /petition Hey the clanners here dont let my team kill tarasque, they are monopolizing a spawn have them all banned !!
    CZ thats what u wrote on another thread " in the "disruptive gameplay" part - include kill stealing, and monopolizing a spawn. "
    yeah well clan do it all the time at Tarasque so wtf with this double edged policy ?
    We do all KS unique mobs, we do all monopolize mobs for loot u guys should ban all the players that are >165 or joined AO for more than 1 month....

Ahhh damn...Games not gonna be the same without the good ol' council hangin around. Damn, sorry to see you go noer and others....and PFFT to the dim witted arks that handled Steffani's case today, and I'd like to thank them and others for yet botching up the game even more, and making more high levels leave the game...

In regards to steffani's case, she was clearly picked on, and only ASSUMPTIONS were made by a couple prick arks, nothing more...Seems as if the jerks that petitioned her were pals with the arks that came and "helped", or had those arks themselves..I fully support steffani on that issue, I can't believe the words I was reading coming from those arks', that's absolutely uncalled for, insane really....almost makes me wanna just say ***** it and cancel..

Originally posted by Makyla

Funcom - please remove Karmacappa, Faunus, and Mjoellnir from your ARK program immediately (customer request).

kthx

Yeah, that too please, A.S.A.P. The way they treated steffani, and made assumptions was rediculously uncalled for, and unprofessional...

bah

who and the hell am i gonna fight now?

oh..and im in neorcron beta also..celestiness of course is the name.

Originally posted by illphil

Yeah, that too please, A.S.A.P. The way they treated steffani, and made assumptions was rediculously uncalled for, and unprofessional...

Bite a large one Illphil. What do you know about those members of ARK.. or the GM. NOTHING. Why dont you crawl back into a large lumber pile and pretend to be a rat like you are.

Ok.. sorry. The Council will be missed. You all have done some great things for AO.. and the community.

And sorry for the stab.. but people who dont know anything should "stfu" here. Ridiculous. If you only knew the truth. You would think differently.
    Shattered Dreams
    http://www.shattereddreams.org

Angry What a sad day in the annals of AO

Well, I didnt grow up with you guys. In fact, I remember watching you guys when you were red to me. Over the past two months i got to know most of you alot better-some I didnt. All of you though, were fine, upstanding people.

oh, ill be in swg when it comes out, same name basically. By that point FC will have to PAY ME to play their game.

May the Force be with you all.
    ][V][ystic ()ne
    Dorzeal-200 Agent
    Got other chars...

<add funny, vulgar, smart-aleck, profound saying here>

I don't post here much (being a PvP n00b), but I thought I'd post here anyway :P

Thank you for all the warm messages of farewell. It means a lot to know that even our mortal enemies see fit to give us a send-off .

As for me... in all likelihood I will be leaving very soon. Most of my good friends have left, and I have lost the will to play AO.

I have a feeling my next post will be a 'Goodbye' post
    Dest

Originally posted by Makyla
    I feel realllly bad for how Steffani was treated. those arks should be FIRED and BANNED! That is ABSOLUTELY unacceptable!!

Steffani: where does it say I can't kill snakes?

Kill snakes, get warned, thats what the game has turned into..

hopfully those other people (choo, etc) will fix this. choo sounded like a reasonable person..

Funcom - please remove Karmacappa, Faunus, and Mjoellnir from your ARK program immediately (customer request).

kthx
    Makyla is a SoB and a mindless piece of clan-filth, but I'll agree with him on this one. If 3 GM/ARK's have to go, these would be it.
    Pfft!
    Rubi-Ka's FiRST Neophyte Enforcer - Holder of Spoon - Stirring the pot - Pumpkin' Pie anyone?
    >Wo "Caol" Ha - 187 ENF | >Thzunami - 97 MA | >Wo "Dioxy" Ha - 30 TRA | In memory of The Council

Jayde's Item Database - All you'll ever need - http://aodb.info

"BACK AWAY" - Pogobear / Skymarshal

Now im newer gona get my Röd Pölse from Noer

/Salute

/salute to all the TC members!

The best teammates, the best friends, the best of everything you could ask for. I still remember the first time I teamed with Piikey and Noer and they grilled me on what crit buff I could do I remember gasping in awe the first time I saw Zerosignal do a 10K FA (I did a dozen of my own w00t! ;p). I remember a giant Destria leading the charge around missions with her sexy clothes. I remember hunting mutants in Stret East (yeah, if you've been around that long I pity you hehe) with an all-waitt Demios, who showed me just how powerful agents were. These are just some of the memories I have with TC members, and I'll miss all of you! If I hadn't already canceled and deleted all my AO files I'd post some screenies too but oh well heh.

Best of luck to all of you! I know all too well the pain of subjective bannings, stupid GMs and ARKs, and all the boredom that comes with high levels. The only thing that keeps people in the game is their friends and guild, and when enough of those have left everyone leaves. FC simply doesn't realize this and will, in my opinion, pay the price in the end.
    Keldrys - General of Legion

Originally posted by Keldrys
    /salute to all the TC members!

The best teammates, the best friends, the best of everything you could ask for. I still remember the first time I teamed with Piikey and Noer and they grilled me on what crit buff I could do I remember gasping in awe the first time I saw Zerosignal do a 10K FA (I did a dozen of my own w00t! ;p). I remember a giant Destria leading the charge around missions with her sexy clothes. I remember hunting mutants in Stret East (yeah, if you've been around that long I pity you hehe) with an all-waitt Demios, who showed me just how powerful agents were. These are just some of the memories I have with TC members, and I'll miss all of you! If I hadn't already canceled and deleted all my AO files I'd post some screenies too but oh well heh.

Best of luck to all of you! I know all too well the pain of subjective bannings, stupid GMs and ARKs, and all the boredom that comes with high levels. The only thing that keeps people in the game is their friends and guild, and when enough of those have left everyone leaves. FC simply doesn't realize this and will, in my opinion, pay the price in the end.

Ahh, the good old days

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast