Thread: Spawn Behavior in Varmit Woods

Spawn Behavior in Varmit Woods

I have a comment on game mechanics on spawn behavior.. Varmit Woods 2900x1200 crater..

This is the most unusal spawn behavior I have seen.. Yet I get 2 warnings for killing the wrong thing..

Does everyone know about this spawn behavior? maybe clanners do.. But for OT that hasn't been there.. they do not know.. and if you stumble on that area.. would you know that behavior on that area? I didn't see any trees that were carved "Don't kill snakes or you will mess up spawn"

I was there like most other clanners at low lvl (back last year before spawn was messed up) and I had no idea how it worked, and still don't really understand how it work.

If I kill the snakes, the beetle spawn slower?
    Azzazzimon

Clan Apocalypse - The guild for models

Account closed.

lol logic spawn mechanics. not
    ~Lone

Point made..

Thats my point.. FC expects us to know all the spawn behavior and held accountable.

I don't remember the coords but I assume it's the Blaster Beetle. The idea that killing the snakes would slow the spawn of the beetle sounded like superstition to me then but I didn't want to piss people off. It would take statistics to convince me something like that and I haven't seen any.

Vitnirs

how is killing snakes disrupting spawn behavor ?

U are free to kill whatever u want . If it makes something else spawn later then thats to bad .

Originally posted by Annilymk
    I don't remember the coords but I assume it's the Blaster Beetle. The idea that killing the snakes would slow the spawn of the beetle sounded like superstition to me then but I didn't want to piss people off. It would take statistics to convince me something like that and I haven't seen any.

Vitnirs
    One of the ARK's in the logs even stated that it was true. What more proof is needed?

Ok go try it.
    Shoot snakes, and 10 minute pass no Beetle spawn.
    Stop shooting snakes, and Beetle spawns every minute or so.

Tadaa.

=)

Originally posted by Valoren

One of the ARK's in the logs even stated that it was true. What more proof is needed?

Ok go try it.
    Shoot snakes, and 10 minute pass no Beetle spawn.
    Stop shooting snakes, and Beetle spawns every minute or so.
    First off, ARKs have no contact whatsoever to the development team, unless they are bughunters, but even then they would know nothing about spawn behavior code or any other technicalilties, unless they were by some weird coincidence briefed to test specific issues and given some information on spawn times, but sure not on an ordinary mob spawn in some backwater zone like varmint woods.

I was there yesterday an hour and beetle spawn is just random, regardless if I killed the snakes or not, spawntime of beetle is between 10sec and 10 minutes, it doesn't matter what you do to the snakes.

And at last, why would Steffani kill Snakes while mostly on a hunt for GA4 from the beetle, when she had reason to believe that snake killing would make the beetle spawn slower (even if its not true) ?
    RK1 Guild Apocalypse

Dillon "Duradas" Belote, Fixer
    Kiyoko "Selarana" Vallone, Meta Physicist
    Donald "Jorman" Dublin, Bureaucrat
    Burl "Gnorrg" Marinos, Enforcer
    Florence "Florania" Aronstein, Doctor
    ----
    RK3, Arnold "Gideon" Reineman, Enforcer

Originally posted by Greystar

First off, ARKs have no contact whatsoever to the development team, unless they are bughunters, but even then they would know nothing about spawn behavior code or any other technicalilties, unless they were by some weird coincidence briefed to test specific issues and given some information on spawn times, but sure not on an ordinary mob spawn in some backwater zone like varmint woods.

I was there yesterday an hour and beetle spawn is just random, regardless if I killed the snakes or not, spawntime of beetle is between 10sec and 10 minutes, it doesn't matter what you do to the snakes.

And at last, why would Steffani kill Snakes while mostly on a hunt for GA4 from the beetle, when she had reason to believe that snake killing would make the beetle spawn slower (even if its not true) ?
    Well the ark said that anyways... So obviously they knew. Otherwise why say it? Maybe this issue has came up before, and they asked via their ark channels and someone told them. I'm no psychic, how can I really respond to that?

The behavior wasn't like that when we were there. Some engie was killing snakes inbetween all this just to stop spawn, and guess what, it didn't spawn until she left... it was longer than 10 minutes too... I honestly don't intend on even going back to that place. So they can have a reason to ban me... nah... Maybe its just some huge coincidence that the ark says it slows the spawn and when we test it slows the spawn, i duno, i may be totally wrong on the spawn logic, i admit that freely!!!! :P but I did not see it spawn once in a 10 sec interval over a few hours? when the snakes are left alone it was always 1 to 2 minutes max. Over and over.

When I goto a spawn out of habbit I always kill everything around it. It's boring waiting for a spawn, why not kill everything around it. With wacked spawn logic who knows, killing that stuff might trigger a spawn faster. The point is She *didn't* know, or have reason to believe that until after this was all over with. And neither did I, and neither do none of us really. The only way to even attempt to know is to try it. For all I know they can change the spawn as they see fit on the fly.

Edit: I better add this, I'm not Steffani. So any comments made are based on my opinions and observations not hers, and I can not speak for her motives. I can only guess.
    Last edited by Valoren; Sep 10th, 2002 at 22:16:06.

You know, the ARKs are pretty much in the dark about how the game works. Here's a conversation I had about a month ago, or at least what I can remember:

[Guild] Guildie: Yeah, when you change to clan you don't lose your tokens.
    [Guild] Me: Really?
    [Guild]: *chorus of affirmatives*
    [Guild] Me: I'm gonna ask an ARK.
    [Guild] Guildie: Good luck, they don't know jack
    /petition When you change sides do you lose your tokens?
    *about two minutes pass, then an ARK comes. Just goes to show, if you want CS have a nonsense issue*
    Ark: Can I help you?
    Me: Yes. If I change from Omni to Clan, do I lose all my tokens?
    Ark: Yep
    Me: You sure?
    Ark: Yep
    Me: Okay, thanks
    [Guild] Guildie: *snicker*
    Ark: Need anything else?
    Me: Nope
    Ark: Bye

All through this there was a second ARK standing there. He didn't contradict anything the first ARK said.

I changed one of my lowbie alts to Clan, and guess what? No tokens lost. I'm sure that most, if not all of the ARKs have no access to game mechanic information that us players don't get either. They're here to do the scutwork, unsticking people and the like, really.

I hope that ARKs don't have any disciplinary power, because they just...don't...know.

Thumbs down

Originally posted by Shubalubdub
    I hope that ARKs don't have any disciplinary power, because they just...don't...know.
    Yesterday, an ARK gave me strike #1 on my account for arguing (not swearing or anything -- just arguing) with him. (Note that he had not once even insinuated that the arguement should stop -- he actively participated in it, and only issused the strike after he ran out of things to say)

Had I refused to change my pet name ("funcom made me stupid"), I was told that I would be banned.

He insisted that the naming policy applied to pet names, when it clearly states,

These policies apply to all player names...
    I guess some people don't know how to take a harmless joke.

I read in a future patch note that the change to clan without token loss is a bug and will be fixed. So your ARK may have known how the game should work but may not be aware of some recent bugs.

Also that beetle, seems to spawn in series after the snakes. So if you kill all the snakes, you have to wait until all the snakes respawn before the beetle reappears.

Originally posted by Hermione

Also that beetle, seems to spawn in series after the snakes. So if you kill all the snakes, you have to wait until all the snakes respawn before the beetle reappears.

It is random, got nothing to do with snakes, it spawned when no snakes where there once even after 10 seconds.
    RK1 Guild Apocalypse

Dillon "Duradas" Belote, Fixer
    Kiyoko "Selarana" Vallone, Meta Physicist
    Donald "Jorman" Dublin, Bureaucrat
    Burl "Gnorrg" Marinos, Enforcer
    Florence "Florania" Aronstein, Doctor
    ----
    RK3, Arnold "Gideon" Reineman, Enforcer