Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Update on the progress

Quote Originally Posted by Octavio View Post
    errmmm...has is been two hours? :\
    Actually its been about 1 hour or so from Sils post on the update.
    Spartanx9 220/25/70 -Inactive
    [TR]Zuka Zamamee level 50 Grenadier, Executive of Aethyr Knights, Pegasus Server. -Long Live TR-

Silirrion:I was a gimp

I stand alone on the road to hell.

Quote Originally Posted by Terabite View Post
    Dev,

5 ...... All fees are prepaid and non-refundable.

14. ...... Without limiting the foregoing, we do not ensure continuous, error-free, secure or virus-free operation of the CD-ROM, the Software, the Game or your Account.

Snip from the EULA you agree to every time you start the game. There is no guarantee that the servers will be up the entire time.

Of course they will try to keep the servers up as much as possible to keep players happy and in the game but they are not required to maintain 100% uptime. (I know no computer service company that guarentees 100% uptime)

And even if they did try to do it they would spend more money with the paperwork to get us refunds. Though I suppose they could throw money to the hamsters and when they tear it up for beding mail the appropriate amount of a dollar to us.
    kudos for those who actually READ the fine print.... maybe now there will be less whining lol doubtfull but you never know

Quote Originally Posted by Ayria View Post
    I take it you don't know what being nice is...
    From the mouths of babes...
    Yes, we have no signature today!

Quote Originally Posted by Loul View Post
    The other saying goes, If you did this in a corporate environment you'd be losing a ****load of money when you fail to meet your deadline.

But its ok its just a game, no need to get it right.....
    Yeah because most corporations have thousands of people trying to log in to a complex database at once upon a major server farm upgrade....and If the environment you are talking about was in place, each of us would be paying HUNDREDS of dollars, not just dollars per month. Get a perspective, and make another post FFS.
    Slowness
    My Setup
    220/30/70 Enforcer
    Proud Advisor of KAZE

Meh, post the reimbursement stuff on another thread. So, anyways, how's the update coming along Sil, any time estimate for when servers be back up?

Exclamation grrrrrrrrr

Quote Originally Posted by Gurudee View Post
    That is IT !!!!
    I DEMAND an update NOW DAMNIT !!!!

DID JIGGLING THE CABLE WORK OR NOT !!!!!!!!!!

/me fires up client...

AAARRGGGHHHHHH
    JIGGLE IT AGAIN DAMNIT !!!!

Thx for the update's Sil.
    People can live with delays if they are kept informed.
    Please see the deleted threads recycle bin for examples of what happens when they aren't
    on the game launcher, it says 'game downtime 30mins'... well that was like 4 hrs ago LOL wtb someone to fix the game!!!

Quote Originally Posted by CarbonumCopy View Post
    From the mouths of babes...
    Comes Carbonum the man who argues against facts. Yay. Do I get a prize?

It is all to easy to be an ******* and flame someone for asking a question. Does that make you feel better? All he wanted to know is if he'd be reimbursed, a simple no would have been sufficient. But I guess that's to much to ask. No instead we have to turn everything into a flame war because someone asked a question.
    Enter the Information Age
    Proc Descriptions

Hunt, and be hunted: The Hunting Grounds | Alien Tower Field :Aliens, that really invade!
    Pet argo management: Servants Protection | Expand the Notum Silo :Make it worthwhile

Rimor
    Tesgri - 220|17|58 (Omni Agent)
    Leara - 220|25|62 (Omni Doctor)
    Ponygirl - 220|25|56 (Omni Bureaucrat)
    Means: "We have done way dumber things than this..."

Quote Originally Posted by Slowness View Post
    Yeah because most corporations have thousands of people trying to log in to a complex database at once upon a major server farm upgrade...
    Happens at my work all the time.
    Some of us work for big corporations you know.

Thumbs down

*throws a beer at someone's head*

Get drunk > wait for AO to open up

thing is, I'm an engy, then I can't operate heavy machinery! :O

Quote Originally Posted by maxwello View Post
    look i totally understand where you guys are comming from, i want to play too, but i understand that you cannot predict everything, devs are not Gods for real, just in game, so we have to keep our perspectives here... crap happens, and then you get married.
    Funny thing is i dont want to play im just passing time before i sleep.

This whole process would have been done fault free if there was a serious financial penalty clause involved, and would have been done in a matter of a few hours. Its just a case of "its not that important".
    stuff

Im just in Awe that Sil has been on the ball as well as the FC employees/ARK's... As much as ppl are whining and complaining about all the downtime, they are trying there best to get the problems taken care of...

On that note, I have already bought 1000 shares in the hamster farming industry since the downtime has started and am gonna dream tonight of all the money FC has just made me!

pfft,

leet farming > hamster farming....

leets bite though...

once you start there's no way of getting out of here.. there is no other gaming comunity that is so nice and friendly as the ppl in AO.. most ppl are mature and just don't spit out bull(addtheresthere)

example wow there's 90% under 15 playing that game(my guess) AO 90% over 18.. or that's how it feels to me.. with a few exeptions.. T....xxx.....

can't say how much i actually love this game.. but damn it's nice to have it and damn i would wait another day or 2 for it. <3

Hrm I thought I had all the stock in the Hamster farms...

Someone was holding out on me
    Director Bekrowe
    ARK Community Relations
    Public Forums Moderator
    Advisors of Rubi-Ka

:: Social Guidelines ::
    :: Ark Public Website :: Social Events with ARK :: Rubi-Ka Marriage Registry :: ARK Tours :: Join ARK!

Quote Originally Posted by Ayria View Post
    Comes Carbonum the man who argues against facts. Yay. Do I get a prize?

It is all to easy to be an ******* and flame someone for asking a question. Does that make you feel better? All he wanted to know is if he'd be reimbursed, a simple no would have been sufficient. But I guess that's to much to ask. No instead we have to turn everything into a flame war because someone asked a question.

No, the question has been asked a dozen times already, look through posts first and then ask, everyone is sick of seeing this question.

Quote Originally Posted by KittyMeow View Post
    Im just in Awe that Sil has been on the ball as well as the FC employees/ARK's... As much as ppl are whining and complaining about all the downtime, they are trying there best to get the problems taken care of...
    As trying as this whole ordeal has been, you are correct.
    The updates have been astonishingly detailed and up to the minute.
    They could just say it's going to take another 24 hours and then take their time to fix it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bekrowe View Post

Lol, I hold a few thousand shares myself... I'll sell em to you.... for an extremely inflated price :P

Quote Originally Posted by Mechshop View Post
    No, the question has been asked a dozen times already, look through posts first and then ask, everyone is sick of seeing this question.
    Most people seemed to have ignored it. Others would have simply repeated the answer or linked to the thread(s) that it already was asked in. Instead you go and flame. Good move.
    Enter the Information Age
    Proc Descriptions

Hunt, and be hunted: The Hunting Grounds | Alien Tower Field :Aliens, that really invade!
    Pet argo management: Servants Protection | Expand the Notum Silo :Make it worthwhile

Rimor
    Tesgri - 220|17|58 (Omni Agent)
    Leara - 220|25|62 (Omni Doctor)
    Ponygirl - 220|25|56 (Omni Bureaucrat)
    Means: "We have done way dumber things than this..."

Quote Originally Posted by Bekrowe View Post

rofl nice one!

now it's time for me to sleep and you to get back to work :P Forum Trolling is Sil's job

Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast