Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Update on the progress

Hiphip!

Hhhhhhhhhhhoooooorrrraaaaaayyyyy

Quote Originally Posted by Mechshop View Post
    Ok dude, they'll give you your two bucks back, but you get to use the old servers.

HAH i totally agree.. force the whiners who whine about the downtime who also have NO CLUE about server farm upgrades, and everything that entails, to run on the craptactular old hardware, while those of us who dont whine about it and wait patiently for the new stuff get to play on the new ubahs.

Red face

Hihip! Hooooooraaaaaaaaayyyyyyy

Quote Originally Posted by maxwello View Post
    no, the principle of the matter is the fact that it was not just a software patch... it was completely new hardware also, and having the software migrated to the new hardware as well. bugs like the one they are trying to correct now are bound to crop up when switching hardware platforms. like the saying goes, crap happens. the other saying goes patience is a virtue.
    The other saying goes, If you did this in a corporate environment you'd be losing a ****load of money when you fail to meet your deadline.

But its ok its just a game, no need to get it right.....
    stuff

Dev,

5 ...... All fees are prepaid and non-refundable.

14. ...... Without limiting the foregoing, we do not ensure continuous, error-free, secure or virus-free operation of the CD-ROM, the Software, the Game or your Account.

Snip from the EULA you agree to every time you start the game. There is no guarantee that the servers will be up the entire time.

Of course they will try to keep the servers up as much as possible to keep players happy and in the game but they are not required to maintain 100% uptime. (I know no computer service company that guarentees 100% uptime)

And even if they did try to do it they would spend more money with the paperwork to get us refunds. Though I suppose they could throw money to the hamsters and when they tear it up for beding mail the appropriate amount of a dollar to us.

Ok dude, they'll give you your two bucks back, but you get to use the old servers.
    Fine by me, they worked fine and I enjoyed playing. you dont seem to be getting the point. I do understand they upgraded to new equipment. Yes that costs money which I have gladly payed for 2 years now and a year on a second account even when I was unable to play as real life got in my way. Other games which remain un-named reimburse if their service is unavailable to their player base. my main gripe is it states your paying for 30 days of game time. Since the game was unavailable for whatever reason, there is a loss there to every player who paid for said game time. Maybe it doesnt matter to those who pay by the year, but I pay by the month mostly and yes my couple bucks do matter to me being disabled and unable to go out and earn a regular paycheck.

dev

Talking

while we're waiting, let's play some russian roulette

ME FIRST!

no.....you first...

Quote Originally Posted by Octavio View Post
    HIPHIP!

HHHHHHHHHHHOOOOOORRRRAAAAAAYYYYY
    hehe
    Protektor- Engydoggy- Spydoggy- RealMadrid - Some others.
    Rolling around RK since Dec 2001.
    ¡Se habla español!

Think of it this way.

You pay by month and have a few days left before you have to pay again. Your account will get frozzen a couple days before payday. Downtime comes and those 30 days you paid for suddenly turn into 28.

Ya, downtime happens and it doesn't cost that much. But it'd be really nice to have those two days reimbursed so that you can enjoy the 30 days you thought you were getting before you have to pay.

It's not a big deal, it's not the end of the world. But it'd be nice. I take it you don't know what being nice is so I won't bother going into much more detail. And really, if two bucks isn't that big of a deal, why can't it be feasible for Funcom to reimburse it in the form of a couple days play time? There's that being nice again. Oh. Novel ain't it.
    Enter the Information Age
    Proc Descriptions

Hunt, and be hunted: The Hunting Grounds | Alien Tower Field :Aliens, that really invade!
    Pet argo management: Servants Protection | Expand the Notum Silo :Make it worthwhile

Rimor
    Tesgri - 220|17|58 (Omni Agent)
    Leara - 220|25|62 (Omni Doctor)
    Ponygirl - 220|25|56 (Omni Bureaucrat)
    Means: "We have done way dumber things than this..."

Lightbulb

errmmm...has is been two hours? :\

Quote Originally Posted by Octavio View Post
    while we're waiting, let's play some russian roulette

ME FIRST!

no.....you first...
    *Click*

This is a thread on the update... not to whine about being reimbursed.

Quote Originally Posted by Loul View Post
    The other saying goes, If you did this in a corporate environment you'd be losing a ****load of money when you fail to meet your deadline.

But its ok its just a game, no need to get it right.....
    look i totally understand where you guys are comming from, i want to play too, but i understand that you cannot predict everything, devs are not Gods for real, just in game, so we have to keep our perspectives here... crap happens, and then you get married.

And on another note

Thanks Sil. Since you took over as game director we seem to be getting much more feedback about problems. It makes me feel better about the way the game is going and since most of the player feedback on this thread seems to mirror my own feelings I guess many other players feel the same.

That is IT !!!!
    I DEMAND an update NOW DAMNIT !!!!

DID JIGGLING THE CABLE WORK OR NOT !!!!!!!!!!

/me fires up client...

AAARRGGGHHHHHH
    JIGGLE IT AGAIN DAMNIT !!!!

Thx for the update's Sil.
    People can live with delays if they are kept informed.
    Please see the deleted threads recycle bin for examples of what happens when they aren't

Quote Originally Posted by Miharusan View Post
    *Click*
    *head explodes*

This is a thread on the update... not to whine about being reimbursed.
    And last I checked the issue is relevant to the update and it is only through your inability to understand generosity that it got sidetracked.
    Enter the Information Age
    Proc Descriptions

Hunt, and be hunted: The Hunting Grounds | Alien Tower Field :Aliens, that really invade!
    Pet argo management: Servants Protection | Expand the Notum Silo :Make it worthwhile

Rimor
    Tesgri - 220|17|58 (Omni Agent)
    Leara - 220|25|62 (Omni Doctor)
    Ponygirl - 220|25|56 (Omni Bureaucrat)
    Means: "We have done way dumber things than this..."

A couple months after i started playing ao i started playing swg on the side and it was ok but i was too into ao back then to spend as much time i put in ao into it and next thing i know after i had bought the game a few months earlier and had already been playing a few months they went and changed the freaking game into crap... thats a reason to be upset not because the AO servers went down for a few days.

This stuff happens you just got to just deal with it but getting upset and voicing your anger when nobody is even at fault because like i said things happen and can't bee foreseen, probably isn't going to help anyone or anything.

Oh and i'm upset about al ot of things in AO, i'm not a FC fanboy or whatever i just don't see this down time as anything more then a big annoyance that might actually be worth it in the long run.
    Last edited by juggalotus; Aug 10th, 2007 at 01:29:55.
    I agree

Lightbulb

I PK Sil and get double CDR pls?

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast