Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Update on the progress

There.

Thank you Sil.

I have other things to do with my life besides wait idly by for a game. But it gets a mite annoying when I come at the designated time of 'servers online' and find it's going to be another miscellaneous delay. All I wanted was an explanation as to why this was occurring so that I can at least know your not just sitting back drinking beer.
    Enter the Information Age
    Proc Descriptions

Hunt, and be hunted: The Hunting Grounds | Alien Tower Field :Aliens, that really invade!
    Pet argo management: Servants Protection | Expand the Notum Silo :Make it worthwhile

Rimor
    Tesgri - 220|17|58 (Omni Agent)
    Leara - 220|25|62 (Omni Doctor)
    Ponygirl - 220|25|56 (Omni Bureaucrat)
    Means: "We have done way dumber things than this..."

About time we got somewhat of a response

Think it kinda bugs people when FC starts to go silent for a bit, but once we get an official word on whats happening, then ppl chill.
    Spartanx9 220/25/70 -Inactive
    [TR]Zuka Zamamee level 50 Grenadier, Executive of Aethyr Knights, Pegasus Server. -Long Live TR-

Silirrion:I was a gimp

I stand alone on the road to hell.

Thank you for the reply. That all I needed and wanted. Guys keep up the good work I enjoy playing this game.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackruby View Post
    Thank you Sil.

It's just ashame to see so many people lose their cool over such a silly thing.

The people who can actually grasp humanity at least see you're doing your best to improve the gamers experience. It's just a shame those who cant lose their cool so quickly- it's not like you're going to die without AO.
    It does still escape me that they did this conversion on test and it worked. However, I would have insisted on setting up a 2nd live environment to do the testing since it's such a major upgrade.
    Zirreall 220/24/68 MP
    Xirreall 220/11/70 Crat
    Sirreall 220/23/70 Advy
    Merijane 221/29/70 Doctor
    Azriellla 202/0/0 NT

People shallow, self-absorbed
    See the push and shove for their rewards
    I, me, my is on their minds
    You can read about it in their eyes

Hehe,

Many thx Sil for the information.

./prostrate !

THANK YOU!!!

FINNALY!!! we have a REAL REASON whats going on, and a time limit that will give me something to COME BACK TO!!!

I dont have to cancel my account now because im finnaly getting what i deserve as a customer.

A fairly detailed description of the core problom, and what theyre going to do to fix it. THis is all i wanted from the beggining. now i can R.I.P. .. or wait in peace whatever works.

Quote Originally Posted by Allaces View Post
    Maybe divine will shut up now
    one more beer, and i'm going to bed
    just one

I'll just tell you, that you might wanna update the client logon page, as some people who never read forums would probably be sitting their aimlessly clicking trying to get a server, and bursting into tears everytime it says "Down".

So please, for the sake of the "hardcores" do that^^

Take your time FC.. better with servers that work properly then one with bugs here and there..

Guess I'll go watch 300 or something before I can login to snag the last little bit of VP I need.
    Quote Originally Posted by kesh View Post
    I heard black troxes have a huge nothing.
    Berinda: Assault rifle

Wenona: SMG

Quote Originally Posted by Blackruby View Post
    I'll just tell you, that you might wanna update the client logon page, as some people who never read forums would probably be sitting their aimlessly clicking trying to get a server, and bursting into tears everytime it says "Down".

So please, for the sake of the "hardcores" do that^^
    I've been doing that for the past 2 hours.

While on topic with servers....I would like to ask how much of an improvement are these servers going to provide when fully operational, sorry if this has been asked before. I'm fully aware that you can't reveal much information on the servers and I'm also aware that a lot of the lag and any other issues can be attributed to client side, game engine, and ISP providers but are these servers going to enhance game play in some shape, way, or form?

Quote Originally Posted by Zirreall View Post
    It does still escape me that they did this conversion on test and it worked. However, I would have insisted on setting up a 2nd live environment to do the testing since it's such a major upgrade.
    Well you have to consider that testlive residents aren't that huge in numbers compared to Live residents, and not to mention the froobs that play, you cant exactly get the same type of results that you would of had from the live server on the test.
    Spartanx9 220/25/70 -Inactive
    [TR]Zuka Zamamee level 50 Grenadier, Executive of Aethyr Knights, Pegasus Server. -Long Live TR-

Silirrion:I was a gimp

I stand alone on the road to hell.

Thx for the heads up Sil, nice to know what's going on once in a while, take your time tho, can't get the wrong brand of hamster steroids can we? :P

Quote Originally Posted by Spartanx View Post
    About time we got somewhat of a response

Think it kinda bugs people when FC starts to go silent for a bit, but once we get an official word on whats happening, then ppl chill.
    Well, people managed to post several dozen 'wtf' threads while I was actually typing the post

We do understand that its frustrating, honestly, I'd rather we be up and smoothly running now to I can assure you The guys are working flat out on it, and we are updating the sticky threads and posting updates as soon as we have new information. It has to come to me through the technical managers though as the last thing I am going to do right now is be directly bothering the server team and our coders with questions, they are getting on with the work.

We are bringing you all the latest updates though as soon as we have them. Obviously there is always a decision making process attached - which option to resolve do we try, the quick band aid or the best solution we can for example - we opted very much for the latter, so hopefully its worth spending the extra time now and hopefully avoid more ongoing issues.

So we can only provide updates when we sure we have the right information to give, and I can assure you that you will get it as soon as we have it.
    Craig 'Silirrion' Morrison
    Old Timer

Thank you for keep us updated =)

Quote Originally Posted by Spartanx View Post
    Well you have to consider that testlive residents aren't that huge in numbers compared to Live residents, and not to mention the froobs that play, you cant exactly get the same type of results that you would of had from the live server on the test.
    Yup, and we did a good deal of 'scale' testing, so these issues after we opened up for the public were unexpected, and to be honest I wont pretend to fully understand the cause myself, but the technical folk seem to be fairly confident they are onto the root of the issue now and hope to be able to resolve it.
    Craig 'Silirrion' Morrison
    Old Timer

Why Can't Adventurers Fly In Pit Lizard Like Mp's??

Thumbs up Hump

ty, sil.

And gl everyone at FC + keep up the good work.
    If u feel ripped of just visit AO main frame And Look at all the cool new nanos and armour . kill some time :-)
    ______________________Insanity______________________
    a perfectly rational adjustment to an "insane" world.
    Svarteshade 220/13
    Svartesol 220/13
    Mooncry 215/16 Trader
    Svarteenf 202/11 Tank(r)Us
    Svartengi 212/8 Svartedoc 211/8 Svarteravn 213/Mp Svartecrat 180/0 Yage 178/0 NT Svartekeep 162/4 Inkxpress 162/3 Fixer Svarteagent 162/0 Svarte 150/0 Adv Svartema 153/0

Proud Member of Valhall Guardians

Bump For IP Reset points BUMP

yep yep tyvm for the info =D
    Im n0t teh d0c, im teh t4nk! d0cs d0nt ex1st 4nym0re

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast