View Poll Results: What should we do with the PvP ranking pages?

Voters
96. You may not vote on this poll
  • Leave them as they are today

5 5.21%
  • Remove all characters that have not logged in for 14 days

48 50.00%
  • Remove all characters that have not logged in for 7 days

18 18.75%
  • Remove it completely

25 26.04%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: PvP ranking pages

Exclamation PvP ranking pages

I've gotten quite a bit of feedback about the PvP ranking pages, and would like to know what we should do with them. Adding up some suggestions in a poll here, and would like your votes, and your comments on it.

If you feel we should have more options, post them, and I'll see whether they are possible to do with little work, and add them to the poll if appropriate.

For reference:
    Omni-Pol Most Wanted
    Sentinels Most Wanted
    Last edited by Cz; Sep 9th, 2002 at 11:37:46.

Not logging in isn't what the dissatisfied PvP'ers are so worried about.

It's getting a title then never fighting again. Hell, someone with two accounts could get the top PvP title at level 1 and play him everyday for the next 2 years without ever engaging in PvP again. That person running around with that title and never fighting is what annoys some of the more title conscious PvP'ers.

You could alleviate this a bit by changing the option to 'Remove entries that haven't had a PvP points change in 14 days'.

But, I voted to eliminate them completely as the titles and the web page do little besides promote one-on-one fighting and title farming. We all know how healthy that is for the game and all the 'adjustments' that result from one guy losing to one other guy then coming here to the boards trying to get the game changed.

My ultimate choice that would be on the board would have been 'eliminate them until Team PvP titles can be implemented'.

Get that option up there and in the game.
    Last edited by Bionitrous; Sep 9th, 2002 at 11:54:47.

Arrow

Agree with Bionitrous.

In Ultima Online your "fame" will decay over time, and you need to keep it topped up by taking kills once in a while.

A similar system of decay could be implemented here.

I haven't voted because none of the categories are working solutions imo. (unless you changed 2 and 3 to say "haven't pvp'd in the last 7/14 days" )
    Schu , Hylle and f a m i l y

"I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my a***"

Originally posted by Bionitrous
    You could alleviate this a bit by changing the option to 'Remove entries that haven't had a PvP points change in 14 days'.
    I would love to have this, but don't have access to data on when it last changed.

Also, detoriation of PvP ranking would be great, but that required code change (and additions), and can't be done on the pages.

I think the gap for PVP win/loss should be 200 points, not 100. Maybe make you lose/win less if they are over 100 points away or something like that.

I'd also like to be able to see a PVP history.

As for this poll, and the system right now? - 7 Days seems pretty good to me.
    Last edited by Kinkstaah; Sep 9th, 2002 at 14:58:44.
    Don't be lonely anymore.

Look at your post, now back at mine. Now back to your post, now back at mine. Sadly, yours isn't mine, but if you stopped trolling and started posting legitimate comments it could look like mine. Look down, back up, where are you? You're scrolling through posts, reading the posts your posts could look like. Back at mine, it's a reply saying something you want to hear. Look again, my reply is now diamonds. Anything is possible when you think before you post.

I think it should be determind if you gained or lost points last month or something, it's hard to find many people with high title so 1-2 weeks are too little, but if you havn't gained/lost anything in 1 month, I think you shouldn't be on list.

I see I move up and down on list so list must updated when you actually gain/lose points, can't be that hard to change.

(or maybe make a 1time update and remove everyone that havn't gained/lost points in 1 month and after that have that you only need to have logged in last 1-2 weeks.)
    Last edited by Azzazzimon; Sep 9th, 2002 at 13:22:50.
    Azzazzimon

Clan Apocalypse - The guild for models

Account closed.

But if all knows that NOT engaging in mortal combat in 7 days will cost you something, then perhaps there would be more people actively seeking confrontations, and a "system" would emerge? Who knows... You often do a change to generate an action, and then something jumps your back (or bites your .... uhm .. where the sun don't shine (somewhere in greenland I think)).

Also

Can we make it so killing people on your same side does not count!

I mean, why does omni care if i kill a fellow clanner .
    It is one less thing for them to worry about .

Seeing good suggestions for the PvP system, and seen them before. They're noted. However, this is about the pages, based on the current system. Please vote based on that.

I'll look into how quickly we can get some changes to the PvP ranking code.

Originally posted by Cz
    Seeing good suggestions for the PvP system, and seen them before. They're noted. However, this is about the pages, based on the current system. Please vote based on that.

I'll look into how quickly we can get some changes to the PvP ranking code.
    Some on the list are still playing the game, so they log in, but they never near a 25% zone(or friends playing their account) so just checking if people have logged in is just a small, but good step in right direction.
    Azzazzimon

Account closed.

Can we expand this a little

Could we do the same thing to guilds.

example : There are as couple of good members which are board members . However, they have either quit or are taking a break. I't would be nice if an org leader could set an option which would demote them to members (when there inactive for a certain time). I don't like the idea of kicking people to free that spot of the board.

Remove it completely.

Seriously, how can you have an "Omni-Pol" or "Sentinals" most wanted when the majority of the titles are earned from killing own faction members?

I don't think anyone should gain points for killing a member of ones own faction. In fact, they should lose points.

This should keep level 200 clans from ganking level 75 clans for titles. Or Omni ganking Omni. Whichever the case. This should also keep those individuals or guilds from killing each other for the sole purpose of gaining titles.

Point gains and losses for Omni versus Clan only. Point losses for Omni versus Omni and Clan versus Clan.

So inviduals can still practice against their own factions there should be special "practice" arenas where no points are lost.

PvP should not be 1 on 1. This whole thing wouldn't be an issue if you weren't rewarded for only fighting one other person by yourself.

This 'PvP' thing isn't about Faction. It's about your ability to kill others. If you are asking for Faction ranking, that's another story. I'm sure the Engineers who make the Gun or Pistol you use would have something to say about not gaining any Faction if killing were the only way to improve your standing in Omni-Tek or the Clan's light.

Just remember what those titles stand for: one person killing one other person. Perhaps all of you will see just how stupid they were to ever have been implemented.

As for suggestions. Get rid of the solo PvP titles right now until you can program a fair Arena for 'dueling' then bring them back.

When the Booster Pack comes out, award Team PvP points for everytime a tower falls. Just like for Tarasque's XP distribution, you provide Combat Points when the tower falls.

That would give a title that somebody might respect.

And if you ever implent a 'Me 'n You. Buff Stripping. Teleport us into a sealed translucent dome' arena, you can bring back the current 1 on 1 titles as well.

Cz, it's very few that want it as it is now, so instead of dragging this for afew weeks/months, can't you do a 1time wipe for the people that havn't been logged in last 2 weeks as a start?

That would remove all with canceled/banned accounts and after that it's easier to see what the best way would be...
    Azzazzimon

Account closed.

people cancel and come back all the time, doesnt mean they should lose there pvp title (maybe go off the list thats cool) but people who are banned (gravyomlet) etc.. shouldnt be on there.

just a quick check to see if someone is banned and/or is canceled.

there could be a i dunno this sounds gay btu you might get the idea..

"legends of pvp" page where inactive people go.. and "active pvp rankings" where the page is updated with people that are active and pvp'ing and stuff.

maybe im blowing stuff out my ass but its a suggestion.

oh and decay is silly... neo's dont pvp anymore cause it took SOO mcuh work to get there and it's soooo easy to lose. if you made it harder to lose pvp points/titles then you would see less title huggers like myself. (i dont pvp for alot of reasons one being i dont play anymore)

my 2cents

There's no point to participating in the pvp system - i could care less what other people think when they click on my name.

Please. Please, allow those of us not worried about how little our peepees are to remove ouselves from the title system.

People's behavior is seriously affected by their title-love and i just dont want to be associated with that.

Originally posted by Abid
    There's no point to participating in the pvp system - i could care less what other people think when they click on my name.

Please. Please, allow those of us not worried about how little our peepees are to remove ouselves from the title system.

People's behavior is seriously affected by their title-love and i just dont want to be associated with that.
    Give us the possibility to decide if we want to show title or not would be great, many just tab for the person within title range now and don't care about even attacking others...
    Azzazzimon

Account closed.

Been suggested a lot /title off i think its great idea.
    Two sisters practicing medicine on Rubika and Shadowlands Pomy and Julka.

As a doctor i would prescribe you to use some common sense and a vacation to Real Life"

If i ever start a new character in Eve i will choose a name something like "aieerjjnnvajjnasdio11e3".

Title filter suggestion noted.

The wanted lists are updated to include only characters logged in the last 14 days.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast