Page 9 of 29 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819202122232425262728 ... LastLast

Thread: The Official Downtime's A' Comin' Thread

Well bleh, at least they let us know so we can go sleep.

But they better get the hamsters up&running by the concert on 12th.

if they arent up in 12 hrs im going to go on a baby punching spree

Quote Originally Posted by intelknight View Post
    Well bleh, at least they let us know so we can go sleep.

But they better get the hamsters up&running by the concert on 12th.
    Yeah but they let us know 5 minutes before they were coming back up. Like they didnt know they had a little oopsie before that?

WTB proper explanation not, "oh my the hamsters still napping please wait 12 hours." You are a company we in essence are your shareholders now explain this massive delay.
    Gaveup 220/30/80 Smg

Are we there yet?
    Kira "twichy" Lii

Dragon - Yours is not the path of force, though force is often needed to clear the path.

DDAC

an explaination would be nice

Surprise Surprise Surprise another 12 hours... the new hamster was assasinated by blizzard's rogue-hamster at 8 AM GMT
    Solitus Enforcer - General of Divine Shadow NEUTRAL

3:04am EST woot, overshot!!! Brings back memories...

PvP
    Expert Benni "Benassi" Live :: 170/17/42 Nano Technician

PvE
    DJ "Khaled" :: xxx/xx/xx Adventurer

Oldschool - highest legacy titles earned.

Just figured I would check, knew the answer, but I mean, cmon? Seriously, is this a bunch of amateurs, or professionals like I figured? Wow, (no pun intended) I am not one to post here, 'specially since most of what is hear tends to be whining and crying about this got nerfed and that got nerfed and all that, but cmon already what is yur deal Funcom? I mean no insult, I just thought that perhaps AO had more than the 200 or so players it seems like we have by the way things are done in regards to patching and keeping us informed. I mean, we anticipate 12 hours more? What is that? Time to have some meetings? Time to get a manicure?

<sighs>

There, got it off my chest, I will now contemplate playing another game...

Really, honestly, I don't think VP or cred rewards make sense, but in a long downtime like this, paying subscribers should really get an extra 2 days added to their current subscription. Won't really make any difference to year-by-year types, but since my account runs out monday, and I won't have cash to renew it till friday, an extra 2 days would be super-dee-duper!

Well, not exactly "shocking" from FunCom. But, the good thing is, now I can actually go to bed... seeing as how I have to be up in a couple hours...
    Teh Phyx
    Phyx (170 Fixer)
    Xanthes (126 Trader)

Quote Originally Posted by Jornado View Post
    Really, honestly, I don't think VP or cred rewards make sense, but in a long downtime like this, paying subscribers should really get an extra 2 days added to their current subscription. Won't really make any difference to year-by-year types, but since my account runs out monday, and I won't have cash to renew it till friday, an extra 2 days would be super-dee-duper!
    i diden say cred or victory points reward.
    i said veteran point.
    cus thats somting every person who pays to play ao get.
    Tuzcrat >~~< 220 Nanomage Bureaucrat
    Tuzzy >~~< 217 Solitus Doctor

Quote Originally Posted by Jornado View Post
    $15 / Month = .50 / Day

.50 / Day * 10000 Account (Rough estimate based on a year ago FC released that they had 45000 Accounts, so I'm sure its higher) = $5000

$5000 * 1.5 Days of downtime (if they come back up in 12 hours) = $7500

Someone wanna give that cash like FunCom is getting free of charge?

"there's been some unforseen problems with the hardware infrastructure" .. I'm still hung up on that in particular, does this mean someone tripped and fell into a rack? or maybe someone was getting ready for some celebration a little early and spilled the diet coke on some of that new hardware? Or is this just poor use of the english language?

Bump for answers and Sven's head on a plate.
    Gaveup 220/30/80 Smg

Quote Originally Posted by Luiza View Post
    Surprise Surprise Surprise another 12 hours... the new hamster was assasinated by blizzard's rogue-hamster at 8 AM GMT
    The Mighty Longfellow and his 300 Hamster's Are Sent Out To Defeat The Mighty Blizzard Empire!! I Will Bring Them To The Box In The Tarasque Layer!! That Way There Numbers Will Come For Nothing!!!
    Drlongfellow - 220/25 Doc
    Longfellow - 220/23 Enf
    Majorguns - 220/27 Fixer

Quote Originally Posted by Tiesto View Post
    an explaination would be nice
    Do you really want them to explain something they don't understand in the first place. That would be scary to read.

I personally don't understand all the demands for an explaination, sh*t happens. That's life, get used to it, then get over it. When was the last time you did a major project and NOTHING went wrong?

Liar!
    Some People are like Slinkies.....Not really good for anything, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

Budurca "Cascanueces" Rave - 220/21 Opifex Fixer
    Lady "Irkalla" Bonita - 150/8 Solitus Enforcer
    Ilove "Kicksgirl" Andrei - 132/2 Solitus Adventurer
    Kickenfs "Damona" Badgirl - 112/4 Opifex Doctor

Azar: LOL Do you take this woman to be your bride? .....Kickenf went linkdead

"there's been some unforseen problems with the hardware infrastructure",,,,This just means that they are short 1 extension cord and the Home Depot is closed for the night.

Quote Originally Posted by Damona View Post
    I personally don't understand all the demands for an explaination, sh*t happens. That's life, get used to it, then get over it.
    That's one way to think about it. Or, lets say you've paid someone to clean your car, they let you know it will take about a hour.. after a 58 minutes of waiting for your car to get cleaned someone comes out and tells you, "I'm sorry we've had some problems finishing getting your car washed... it will be another 30 minutes."

At this point do you simply shrug your shoulders or ask to know what the problem is and if it will effect the outcome?

Obviously this is not a direct comparison but if you aren't going to ask questions who knows if you're even getting the same car back or in this case all your toons and gear ^^
    Last edited by PerfectOroh; Aug 9th, 2007 at 08:56:41.
    Gaveup 220/30/80 Smg

Someone needs thier binky and blanky and a little nappy poo
    Some People are like Slinkies.....Not really good for anything, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

Budurca "Cascanueces" Rave - 220/21 Opifex Fixer
    Lady "Irkalla" Bonita - 150/8 Solitus Enforcer
    Ilove "Kicksgirl" Andrei - 132/2 Solitus Adventurer
    Kickenfs "Damona" Badgirl - 112/4 Opifex Doctor

Azar: LOL Do you take this woman to be your bride? .....Kickenf went linkdead

Page 9 of 29 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819202122232425262728 ... LastLast