Page 5 of 29 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192021222324 ... LastLast

Thread: The Official Downtime's A' Comin' Thread

6h 31min remaining and counting... according to my clock that is

gief cookiez?

Quote Originally Posted by Roswell View Post
    Are we there yet?
    LMAO that one comments made my whole day tyvm mate

Any idea on system requirements for running AO after the new servers are up and running?

Im doing ok for a 4 yr old computer I guess. Can run AO all maxed out and just have enough lag at a good size beast raid to hang out around the top 10 on DD list. Being that is how I judge it since it seems to be the worst place.

I guess what Im asking is.. Will I be expecting to have to dial it back some to get good FPS after all this?
    Kira "twichy" Lii

Dragon - Yours is not the path of force, though force is often needed to clear the path.

DDAC

Quote Originally Posted by metanth View Post
    LMAO that one comments made my whole day tyvm mate

Was 1st thing that popped into my mind when I got home from work...
    Kira "twichy" Lii

Dragon - Yours is not the path of force, though force is often needed to clear the path.

DDAC

Quote Originally Posted by Roswell View Post
    Any idea on system requirements for running AO after the new servers are up and running?

Im doing ok for a 4 yr old computer I guess. Can run AO all maxed out and just have enough lag at a good size beast raid to hang out around the top 10 on DD list. Being that is how I judge it since it seems to be the worst place.

I guess what Im asking is.. Will I be expecting to have to dial it back some to get good FPS after all this?
    i doubt the reqs will change, as its purely a hardware upgrade rather than an engine upgrade. So its the same game, just on better hardware.
    Spartanx9 220/25/70 -Inactive
    [TR]Zuka Zamamee level 50 Grenadier, Executive of Aethyr Knights, Pegasus Server. -Long Live TR-

Silirrion:I was a gimp

I stand alone on the road to hell.

Quote Originally Posted by intelknight View Post
    They will not tell b/c of security concerns.

My guess for a for a character database server, it would be regular CPU, but huge RAM and extra-fast HDD.
    It is really just a list of player levels, skills, experience, inventory, etc.
    And the software that registers changes to all of those, which has to happen fast b/c there are lots of changes coming in.

For playfield server it prolly is the biggest baddest CPU they can have (3GHzQuad-core AMD), a bit of RAM (512Mb maybe) and little-to-none HDD space. B/c playfield server only needs to keep track of positions and actions of a couple hundred mobs and maybe 100 players, but it needs to do a lot of processing.
    - receive player action (player ZZZ uses XXX on mob YYY)
    - draw a random number & determine whether XXX landed and how much damage it did
    - send the "battle spam" message back to ZZZ
    - record changes to ZZZ's nanopool and YYY's HP
    - run AI algorithm for YYY's actions (attack ZZZ or run, weapon/nano to use, etc.)
    - compute pathing of YYY to ZZZ
    - send changes to ZZZ's experience and inventory to character database server
    - start the timer for YYY's respawn
    512 RAM lol the DB server probably has 3-4GB and PF is prolly 2-3GB on intel CPU which is better for Servers. Not only that I am positive every thing is clustered so they can load balance. Definitely running Apache web server in there as well.
    Proud AO Vet MONEY PLZ!!

*****sarduci Runs For Governor!!

*****sarduci 211 MP Equipment
    Sarduci 106 Trader
    Alfio 209 Doc Equipment
    Pauligatto 150 Fixer

Indeed intel would be the smart choice.

And im gonna get flammed for this, but i really dont care what you amd people say, i will always prefer intel.

Iguess you could say im a bit of a fan boy 8)

Thumbs down

saw someone post with the name Marinesold...... Hope that wasnt marine soldier cause that is very offensive to us real marines... just an fyi

Marines are not soldiers we are Marines aka devildogs aka bullet sponges....

Being an Army man myself, I could understand your frustration with that... although it's a bit different for me because an army and the Army and the US Army are all different.... and yeah, I checked MarineSold is a Clan Soldier

Still got lub for the ARMY might even go be a DI there soon call it a vacation :]

Hummm Any Official news? Iam breaking in cold here... Cold Sweat... Cold fevers.... humm please tell me anything. Plz!

5 more hours left in the 48 hour countdown, wtb servers up b4 set time

Really dont wanna have to set alarm for 4am can we just have the servers up now? Easier to stay awake then to wake....

about how much more time until servers back up im est.. cant figure it out ... can someone let me know, and r there any problems yet?

Go-Go-Gadget Gerbils!

3 am est

less then 3 hours are we on track please please please ?

I just nunchucked some old lady I am getting so excited

*Quivering in the corner*

This is gonna give me a complex...:s
    "When the enemy is relaxed, make them toil. When full, starve them. When settled, make them move."

omg so that was you that just put my grandmother in the hospital ghozt??!?

Page 5 of 29 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192021222324 ... LastLast