Page 4 of 29 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: The Official Downtime's A' Comin' Thread

Someone say Ferrets on crack, Close

This is as close as i could get to the ferrets but still hope that the servers are this fast!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=brzM92_1Bio&NR=1

This could also fit the ladder implants theme also.
    Last edited by warlok73; Aug 8th, 2007 at 17:05:16.

Any updates on the progress yet? Withdrawal kicking in

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by playboyfixer View Post
    do we get some kind of compensation (as paying players) for all these downtimes?

i heard silkroad online gives an xp boost or larger cred "drop" on killed monsters for like 3-4 days or so, and some other games might do too

edit: ps: i'm sure a free burden would please people alot ;p
    I'd like an answer to that question as well!
    Hanging out with the Dream King

lol same answer as every other downtime ..... No

Quote Originally Posted by Alwards View Post
    Test was up but ya can't talk there.. was weird no pm's no vicinity chat just silent people.
    Yah, i was passing thru ICC and there were a couple of folks there.

My first instinct: /s zomg, there are ppl here!!

But nothing. So communication is down to hand signals. Btw, anyone know what's the singal for "comp nano plx" ? lol
    Jake "Deathorglory" Harper
    Omni-Trans, Security Division

Anyone have a clue when the severs are coming back up btw?

If it sticks to the 48 hour stated downtime, sometime late tonite or early tomorrow I would assume.

Quote Originally Posted by space4rent View Post
    omg! i just logged in and had/saw the following:
    • 1 billion credats on all my toons,
    • all my toons were dinged to 220 with full research
    • my banks were full of phatz
    • i had a hoverboard, bike and obsidian yalm
    • the clams all turned neut
    • omni had 100% side xp (neuts were all sleeping in newland)
    • nothing was camped
    • the economy was restored
    • there was no lag
    This would mean that you have nothing to work at or look forward to, so the game gets super boring and you quit

48 hours and thousands of ppl waiting in patience ://....

Wish Fun-Com could could give uss more info on the progress, maybe put in a timer etc ;=) and correct that under the way.

Several days of servers beeing "off-line" shoud atleast get some info once in a while.

I know beeing stuck on a train or a boat full of passagers not knowing when u can go on suxx so bad. Think this phenomenon goes for about all stuff like that , exept those phone line u always get told what number u are in the line ;=).

Servers go up at 9am?

That's 9am Oslo time, assuming they stick to 48hour schedule.

Does that mean that FC techies will be working through the night?
    Like 48 hours = 20 hours of work, then 8 hours of sleep, then 20 more hours of work?
    Or they split techies into two crews and have them working in shifts?

B/c it really does not make any sene to leave work tonight, then come back at 8am to turn on the servers. If that's the case, why not just turn them on tonight?

PS Then again, 9am Oslo time means that very few people will be around to play, so maybe they want to increase the load on the servers gradually, rather than have thousands of us AO junkies login all at once.

"working as intended"

"If you've ever copy&pasted or mistyped an invalid URL for this forum you'll have noticed that the "404 Not Found" error message is quite minimal, it reveals nothing about the web server configuration or harware it runs on. That's quite intentional."

Lol that's not truely intentional, that's just the best the Commodore 64 can do, new servers will be Vic 128's they picked up @ a rummage sale.

Can we please have an update on the progress???

maybe an estimated time? would be nice if it didnt take all 48 hours.

i WTB the servers back up ...... ;(

but even more, i want to buy some much needed MA love.... my poor guy just doesn't get helped, everything I do i have to do by myself which i hate. my org thinks that when i ask "hey lets go camp this" they think that i want it for myself -_- but as soon as the server's back up hopefully i can explain to them that i just want to enter into the raffle* for a chance to win the item

but yeah... anyway

what's everybody been doing since the hamster surgery began?
    Nyoestro
    216/14 Martial Artist
    http://auno.org/ao/equip.php?saveid=77819

Nyofixo
    161/12 Fixer
    http://auno.org/ao/equip.php?saveid=78061

WTB - HH@B, Help getting a Dreadloch Shen Stick (or Blades of Boltar)

buhuh i am leaving for some days so just plz let the server be down 2 more days muahah

Wow, reading this thread is entertaining.... For the one that asked if the techs would be working through the night.... do you really think they don't have tech's there 24x7 anyway? Not having one with this type of environment would be suicide!

As far as updates... its not even scheduled to be up based on their original expectation for another 8.5 hours so why would they keep coming on and telling us? If its going over, they will let us know... same if its going faster than expected
    Proud member of Synergy Factor

It true is amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by Dabaron View Post
    Wow, reading this thread is entertaining.... For the one that asked if the techs would be working through the night.... do you really think they don't have tech's there 24x7 anyway? Not having one with this type of environment would be suicide!

As far as updates... its not even scheduled to be up based on their original expectation for another 8.5 hours so why would they keep coming on and telling us? If its going over, they will let us know... same if its going faster than expected
    He likely was referring to computer techs (makey server worky), not support techs (hello, I'll reset your password for you). <--- They will say that a LOT!!! if the password change is implemented. Starting with my 3 accounts.

A: They already said 48 hours. Do you really need a timer? You can't just assume 9 AM August 7th means it'll be up 9 AM August 9th? (oslo time)

B: They planned out a 48 hour down time for ages. Even if they did get "done" quicker, we already know they will be extensively testing everything over and over to have the fewest possible issues pop up later. So even if it required only 2 hours to do the physical change and patches, they will not likely bring up the servers until the 48 hours is elapsed.

C: Are people really this incapable of surviving without AO? Don't you people have real life friends, girl friends, boy friends, family or SOMETHING to do with your time? Maybe you should consider doing something of value, not *just* AO. I do, and I'm about as withdrawn a person as one could be, but my life still doesn't hang on AO's existence. I knew there were "always mission" support groups, I didn't realize there was any need for that here. ('always mission' refers to another MMORPG for those who are confused)

Personally I think FC has done a great job keeping us informed more than many companies would. If there was a problem, they would have told us. Most of you should really thank them for a fine job instead of bickering about it.

I wouldve hoped this thread didnt turn into a flame war. But its too late for that isnt it.

1. Give me a break so what if i want an update? sometimes if you know whats going on you can kinda figure out how longs its going to take them to finish so i can plan around being on when the servers go live, i got a few things id like to do , dont be a dick over such a simple request.

2. Indeed i have a life outside of AO, but you wouldnt have thought of possible scenarios considering what a close minded person you are. My friends are all at work right now, or if theyre not working today there doing there own thing. Its not the weekend so im not out partying. During the week i like to sit down and play AO and relax and enjoy the game its what i do during the week because i dont have school during the summer, excuse me for having too much fun. Besides, its my damn life i didnt invite you into it dont dictate to me what i should be doing you nazi.

rawrr woot marinesold <3

Forums went down for a few minutes, and chat client cannot connect, and ao-universe server status can't connect ...

I hope this means they are done with game servers and are migrating easy things like chat server and login server.

Are we there yet?
    Kira "twichy" Lii

Dragon - Yours is not the path of force, though force is often needed to clear the path.

DDAC

Page 4 of 29 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920212223 ... LastLast