Thread: The Official Downtime's A' Comin' Thread

I would shut up if we could get a timer like new years maybe have a ball drop.... omg no ballz comments please.... Then we can have a new AO server party woot. Sorry just trying to find a reason to drink at 10am

anyone know anything about patch size?

if its a big one, ppl gonna get real butt-hurt when ao goes live, and they're unable to download...

Quote Originally Posted by Ghozt View Post
    I would shut up if we could get a timer like new years maybe have a ball drop.... omg no ballz comments please.... Then we can have a new AO server party woot. Sorry just trying to find a reason to drink at 10am
    If you are watching the president as you said you were (As I am) then you should need no other reason to start drinking
    I don't play this game anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by vapor357 View Post
    anyone know anything about patch size?

if its a big one, ppl gonna get real butt-hurt when ao goes live, and they're unable to download...
    LE expansion *cough patch* all over again? Hope not...but to answer. I don't believe the patch itself is a big one. The time it's taking is due to the server switch, with my little computer knowlege, shouldn't require any extra downloads or patches.
    Last edited by Talien; Aug 9th, 2007 at 16:03:29.

Quote Originally Posted by Talien View Post
    If you are watching the president as you said you were (As I am) then you should need no other reason to start drinking
    LOL You know I am a marine and I love a president who gives me reason to shoot my M-16 but hes starting to get on my last nerve. If I was president I would say booo hooo he died from friendly fire. He signed the contract. More people die from accidents on a 96 then they do overseas in war. No one crys for them like this...but no need to get into this

That would require a lot more waisted time on your dumb comment when reading it was a big enough waist of time.
    guess you shouldn't have wasted time using the wrong waist err.. waste? *waits for the excuse* Mmmhm....

Quote Originally Posted by Ghozt View Post
    LOL You know I am a marine and I love a president who gives me reason to shoot my M-16 but hes starting to get on my last nerve. If I was president I would say booo hooo he died from friendly fire. He signed the contract. More people die from accidents on a 96 then they do overseas in war. No one crys for them like this...but no need to get into this
    Bottoms up then

give the tech peeps a break.
    it's not 'order a Dell, unpack, plug and play'.

jeeze.

it'll be up when it's up.
    RK1
    "Send Pics Plz". Meta-Wha? Noodz plz. 83/8.
    "Eye Makeshiz Foryou". Pimpin' Eng Of Doom. he's the SHIZ. 174/18.
    "Jack Grafter Torrence". I Like To Boom Boom Booooom. 220/zomg. AI30! .

RK2
    "Perk Grafter Reset". 216/22. RK2's Retired Bukkake Doc. idle since 2007.
    "Perk Graftor Reset". 142/15. RK2's Retired Pvp Doc idle since 2006

Quote Originally Posted by Nyteshade View Post
    guess you shouldn't have wasted time using the wrong waist err.. waste? *waits for the excuse* Mmmhm....
    Other then me being a bad speller *go figure im a journalism major* and me going without sleep and it being 10 a.m(not because of AO) I have no excuse. I also...don't care.

damn, coffee is experiencing some "unforseen" downtime as well ... forgot to put the coffee in the filter and got a piping hot cup of water....nerf

Funny how a lot of people here are showing withdrawal symptoms :
    p
    As always, keep up the good work FC!

/me hands the tech guys at FC some coffee and cookies.

Surfs.
    Yesterday is history,tomorrow is a mystery but today is a gift: that's why they call it 'Present'!.

Quote Originally Posted by alder View Post
    ok - unmounting old hardware, unpacking the new servers, mounting them in a rack and *then* installing software and data to see if they're running.

if thats the way it's done overseas i now understand the 60+ hrs
    o.O mental note to self. do not make long lists before dinner

I put in this edit in my post:

*list may be a bit faulty, the logical way would be to put in new hardware, put in old software, get it to work, test test and test again, get out the old hardware. That ofc depends on how much places they have in their server house.*

I also get a feeling that this may take more than just *one* rack. I would also guess on an upgrade on the network part. Still, if they get it up and working with no flaws that require taking the whole game offline again in UNDER 60H Im impressed.

*Just hope for the love of Aban that the logo "Dell" aint on any of the servers. In that case the game is wasted.*

Also; Funcom guys; If you ever read this; here is an advice: Get someone to take a few photos of the acctual work beeing done, so the endlusers may comprehend the difference between changing server hardware and plugging the new gaming rig they got prebuildt in the mail to an electrical outlet.
    Last edited by earthworm; Aug 9th, 2007 at 16:25:08. Reason: adding advice to FC
    Best reply in any update forum:
    monique: ETA on Hologram fix?
    Eponyx: Current ETA is 16.4 - no there is no ETA on 16.4. Sorry.

Sooooooooo ... any chance of an 'afternoon update'? *smiles sweetly and flutters her eyelashes*

Still on schedule etc etc etc?
    Nich - Proud Member of First Light

you guys are forgetting...as an IT guy myself, your forgetting that we are hopelessly lazy. Its morning so the majority of us are hungover and coffee buzzin. I'm fairly sure something needs fixed here....Am i caring? not so much

hoping boss ain't surfing ao forumz atm

Quote Originally Posted by earthworm View Post
    Stop with the patronizing bull****. We're unhappy that they:

1) didn't anticipate, as usual, how long this would take, if something did go wrong in the transition
    2) not even Sil seems to know exactly what's wrong, so the 12 more hours to solve it look like another amateurish down time extension

Quote Originally Posted by landdog View Post

1) didn't anticipate, as usual, how long this would take, if something did go wrong in the transition
    2) not even Sil seems to know exactly what's wrong, so the 12 more hours to solve it look like another amateurish down time extension
    And as Sil said himself, he doesn't need to know exactly whats wrong just like we dont need to know. The only people who need to know are the people working on it. And as far as them not knowing how long it was going to take, you said yourself "as usual". And you want them to give you a guestimated time on how long it will take if it goes smoothly AS WELL as a guestimated time it will take if it doesn't go smoothly? Lol

Quote Originally Posted by landdog View Post

would you have been happier if they would have said, "downtime between 2-7 days"

and i'm quite sure sil knows exactly whats wrong, is he going to tell j00? ofc not

And you want them to give you a guestimated time on how long it will take if it goes smoothly AS WELL as a guestimated time it will take if it doesn't go smoothly? Lol
    Yes, I believe that you can anticipate how long a software/hardware problem will take to rectify, in case it appears. Second of all, that "guestimation" should've been included in the "48 hours" they first announced. I doubt there would've been much discontent if the down time would've been only 36 hours if everything would've worked fine first try.
    Quote Originally Posted by vapor357 View Post
    would you have been happier if they would have said, "downtime between 2-7 days"

and i'm quite sure sil knows exactly whats wrong, is he going to tell j00? ofc not
    If for a 2 day planned job you need another 5 day period to solve the problems you created, that tells a lot. But yeah, I would preffer they give a "maximum down-time period" to that they keep extending some optimistic, feel good prediction.

If you'd read his recent posts I think you'd be less sure.
    Last edited by landdog; Aug 9th, 2007 at 16:50:06.

Page 16 of 29 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920212223242526272829 LastLast