Page 1 of 29 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: The Official Downtime's A' Comin' Thread

The Official Downtime's A' Comin' Thread

Good afternoon, everybody.

As previously indicated in the launcher, we're bringing down the servers for hardware upgrades and for the 17.5 patch tomorrow, 7 August 2007, at 9am Oslo time. To figure out what that is in your local time, click here. We're planning for 48 hours of downtime, but will update the thread(s) should troubles occur.

The forums for Anarchy Online, Age of Conan, and Dreamfall/TLJ may also experience some sporadic downtime.

For all your on-topic downtime needs, this is the thread.

If you're looking for The Official "What Are You Doing During Downtime?" Off-Topic Discussion Party Zone, that would be here: http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho....php?p=4825880

Edit to add: Game websites may also be intermittently down while the work is going on.

Edit to add: Just to give a bit of an update on the downtime, there's been some unforseen problems with the hardware infrastructure. We're estimating another 12 hours of downtime, but will post updates as information becomes available.

Edit to Add: The servers are up. There still may be some kinks and glitches to work out, but we are keeping an eye on things and working to address them as they pop up. If you run into problems, please let us know, and we'll look into it.

Edit to add: The issue with the chat server looks to be fixed.

Edit to add: To deal with the current issues with the log-in and zoning servers, our servers will be going down in 30 minutes. We estimate the downtime to be about 30 minutes, but it may take slightly longer.

We do appreciate your patience. We understand this is extremely frustrating, and thanks for bearing with us while we get these teething issues resolved. We will update the various threads when more information is available.

And adding: Evening (or morning) everybody,

Our techs are closing in on the source of the login/zoning problems. Right now it's looking like 30 minutes or so. We do apologize for the delay, and will keep updating the various threads as we get more information.

And adding: Hi everybody,

Just another update on the downtime. I do apologize for the delay in getting to you. We are still working on the problem with the zoning and login servers and estimate about 2 more hours of downtime before everything is up and running.

A more detailed update from Silirrion: http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho....php?p=4836751

The most recent post from Sil, cross-posted:

The guys are still working on the issue. I have just spoken with the customer service manager (who co-ordinates the work) and the work is ongoing. Some new server settings (or code possibly) is required so we are currently in the process of checking that works. Since this is a very unexpected (and from what I can gather quite a strange issue, even for the experienced members of our team) we will see how it goes over the next hour. Hopefully we should know a little better then where we stand.

And for the absolute latest update: http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...&postcount=209

Edit: The servers are up. As always, we'll be monitoring them, and will post updates if any issues are identified.
    Last edited by Pharamond; Aug 10th, 2007 at 02:18:45. Reason: Updating.

Wahey but 48 hours your making me go outside! nooooo

if your starting the hardware upgrades now, does that mean there will be more downtime this week or is it all happening in one big go?
    'Fbwhitey' : 220/26 Nano NT [PvP]
    'Garnerana' : 220/22 Trox Keeper [PvM]
    'Zinc' : 220/30 Trox Doctor [PvP]
    'Whex' : 171/22 Trox Soldier

All depends on how the upgrade/patching goes.

So are u upgrading the servers THEN xfering the data and updating or do u get the patch stable on old then xfer????

just wondering like

Moldark out.
    220Solja/213Engi/174Fixer/210Ady/165nt/150Advy/150MA/146Keeper+a lot of lowbies.

"You two will get on like a house on fire" ever been in a burning house?

"All your dreams will come true" remember some of your dreams do you?

Given what was previously stated, that hardware upgrade as well as 17.5 series is already in place on test, will the test servers also be down during this downtime? I would like an official answer on this, Please.
    Only through the exercise of free will can the soul grow; only through courage in the face of temptation and pain can the spirit soar.

So was the maintenaince today so you guys could beef up the forum servers for the tidal wave of junkies who can't live without AO?
    Sometimes, you just have to charge in with both hands blazing and hope they drop before you do.

I won't join your org, but I may join your cause...for a price

All must bow before receiving my blessings

Quote Originally Posted by Davias View Post
    So was the maintenaince today so you guys could beef up the forum servers for the tidal wave of junkies who can't live without AO?
    was probably to replace the gerbils that died last nite.....

Now we'll have state of the art Guinea pigs!
    Deagnor 204 Solitus Fixer (Omni) Director of R.U.R.
    ---*** Other RuRians ***---
    83 Opti Pistol Advent Motafrancis | Ovnor 161 Solitus Engineer
    117 Nanomage NT Knightweaver | DiceSlice 83 Opti 1HE Advent
    145 NanoMage MP Miner49 | Mohelunz 69 Solitus Doc
    141 Atrox Enf Cluedozer | Icewrench 63 Opti Fixer
    Icelo 57 Opti Keeper
    Sig updated Sept 2, 2008

test server will be down too :(

I live on the test server and according to our information, test too, will be down.
    I swear to be a brat, nothing but a brat, so help me GUGUBOT!!!

Wtf

Greetings citizens of Rubi-Ka & Shadowlands. Servers will be going down in 20min for patching and be down for 96hours. We apologize for any inconvinience.
    They doubled the time >.>

LE:They fixed the typo :P
    Last edited by Lightheals; Aug 7th, 2007 at 08:16:54.

are you sure ? I thought I saw 48 hours when there were 10 minutes left

*ponders*
    Jake "Deathorglory" Harper
    Omni-Trans, Security Division

Unhappy

they are down.... i am sad... funcom is making me go outside!!! EEEVIL!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    ...Ranged professions enjoy a significant advantage everywhere and more so against pet professions...
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    Note: Calling me an "incompetant ass-monkey", while admitedly is extremely amusing, does nothing to quantify what exactly, if anything, you would like to see changed in your/someone else's nanos.

The bar i always open...
    Cheers!
    Irmo 220 sol
    Hogfather 220 doc "ER...HO. HO. HO."
    Wintersmith 220 crat
    Ainur 209 trader
    Viralbots Incorporated

"Real children don't go hoppity-skip unless they are on drugs."

Tests still up.

Test up! I'm there now
    220/30 Ranged Advy, Neut 'n proud of it. Moxet
    220/25 NT Moxilla
    220/29 Moxdacrat
    150/14 Doc
    200/18 MP
    various other bits n bobs

Quote Originally Posted by Peregryn View Post
    Given what was previously stated, that hardware upgrade as well as 17.5 series is already in place on test, will the test servers also be down during this downtime? I would like an official answer on this, Please.
    Official, eh? ;P

Test should be considered down. It may pop up every now and then for various things, but no guarantees, no promises, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Pharamond View Post
    ... but no guarantees, no promises, etc.
    we've learnt to live with that already

are you done yet?
    Nothing beats a Macfluffy!
    "Proud citizen of Omni-Tek and corporal of Omni-Pol"

Argh!
    Why always the downtime in my primetime!?
    Waaaaaaah!

Pictures

please post some pictures of the new servers.

Any chance of some specifics about the eqipment you're installing?

What type and amount of servers, processors, memory, harddrives, network, hamsters/gazelles and whatever you're installing???

Tech freak here, and very curious too...
    Mekhdoc 220/27/70 Equip | Mekh 220/28/67 Equip | Shadesch 220/21/70 Equip
    Mekhkeeper 220/22/70 Equip | Roflmao 220/15/50 | Fixyaself 200/23/64 Equip

Quote Originally Posted by Mekh View Post
    Any chance of some specifics about the eqipment you're installing?

What type and amount of servers, processors, memory, harddrives, network, hamsters/gazelles and whatever you're installing???

Tech freak here, and very curious too...
    1b creds says the official answer to this is something similar to this: "sorry, we won't disclose that kind of information"
    Fjording, 220/22 Doc
    Sevaline, 215/12 MP
    Clavi, 219/22 NT

Page 1 of 29 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast