Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Prof in action (I hope :P )

Prof in action (I hope :P )

OK guys, lets get them rolling.
    Any ideas, thoughts, concerns, unresolved bugs, requests, issues of any sort, please post a constructive message and keep it tight.
    Will use this post to make an updated list of MA problems and general thougts to forward to FC (as im the voice of the people, or the neglected ones )
    And no agents or engis hijacking this thread out of respect to each other's proffesion, any interventions u can quote from here and make a new thread elsewhere please.
    So get them brain juices pumping...
    Inflict not an enemy every harm in your power, for you may soon become friends - Ancient Wisdom
    Coke "Cigara" Breakfast 220/22/69 - Kinda retired...
    Ciggie - 120/5/5 - Future project perhaps

MA concerns, requests and general wishlist - MA Profession Thread
    Prof in action (I hope :P ) - Discussion Thread
    How to factor Armor Class and Health Points in PVP? Just and idea - Bump if you like

Just for laughs - The world is crazy as is, laugh!

Well it's prolly a bit obvious but I was thinking of a wishlist :

- Improved evades and balancing with attack rate.
    We need evades, especially against keepers/soldiers. Pets are also in perma MR since 17.4.
    Imo the problem is not really the lack of evade items, but we have to choose too much between attack and defense compared with other classes.
    In a defense setup I almost can't kill anything.

- Kiting problem ("out of range").
    We need a fix for it since everyone understood they just need to kite us to stay alive. Maybe a 40m range attack with root and 1mn recharge would do (with no defense check).
    Also boost velocity, MAs are slow.

- SD is almost useless.
    With SD6 and Unstun4 roots still land a lot. Maybe add a new hud (shade/enfo/MA only) like vision preserver but with 20-30% root/snare resist ?

- New heal based on %hp.
    This could finally bring an advantage to higher HP setup. What about 20% of HP self only with 8s recharge ?

- Unstunnable efficiency
    Against crat stuns of course.

- NR buff out of evade line
    So we can stack it with RI.

- Lower delirium defense check
    We only can land it on targets we can already hit/perk.
    So the only way to use it is to switch targets.

- Boost enigma
    Enigma does not prevent most soldiers from using TMS (and it is kinda its lone purpose).
    Last edited by Martialmad; Aug 4th, 2007 at 20:22:30.
    Martialmad - Guru

would like swap while running
    is to stupid that i have to stop for swap my bow or SoBC , or miss alpha beacuse i still my bow on :\ (and think this is not happened only to me)

fixe evades plz, i can't belive to being hitted with regular from ppl witl AR 2,7k-3k AR while my evades is alot more

why no a new RI with better evades,dodge,duck ?

bump for NR+evade buff working

less cost on delirium , since we get penalized yet with locking skill and -500 AAD, i don't see the reason to get -2500 nano that is like 50% of a nano MA -.-

yes better heal or less recharge plz (i prefer less rcharge)

new fist why no cold poison one?

almost prof have a cocoon, have a shiled,have AMS/TMS, have NS or have blockers, i think is time that MA have or a blocker or an absorb buff (inner balance think is not alot for surive from alpha online)

for now this is all if i have other idea i will pst, thx for the attention
    Last edited by persefone; Aug 4th, 2007 at 20:29:31.

Quote Originally Posted by persefone View Post
    would like swap while running
    is to stupid that i have to stop for swap my bow or SoBC , or miss alpha beacuse i still my bow on :\ (and think this is not happened only to me)
    This would be nice yes.

why no a new RI with better evades,dodge,duck ?
    Nice suggestion also, tho I'd rather see some research lines adding evades or something like that.

less cost on delirium , since we get penalized yet with locking skill and -500 AAD, i don't see the reason to get -2500 nano that is like 50% of a nano MA -.-
    -2500 nano isn't bad. It costs more to cast your dmg buff and thats working alright isnt it? Get some nanodelta.

new fist why no cold poison one?
    Cold is ****ty dmg type, same with poison. Could be cool with melee fists tho, for ganking coon profs

almost prof have a cocoon, have a shiled,have AMS/TMS, have NS or have blockers, i think is time that MA have or a blocker or an absorb buff (inner balance think is not alot for surive from alpha online)
    We have DoF+Limber.
    Chemical "Domman" Ecstasy - 22022 Martial Artist of Spartans.
    Humpage "Archsavior" Heals - 21815 Inherited Doctor
    Stupid "Domm02" Trox - 16422 Enforcer

and specially i insiste about kitting bug , /follow dont work , and a lvl 210 agent can kite a 220 MA .. thats suck , i dont attack agents if my stuns aren't ready coz i know he will kite me and i hate that ( and special whit my bad connection ) , so give us more root/stuns or fixe the bug and make /follow work
    Mutsu317 Lvl 220 MA Opi
    WIld317
    In progress pew pew advy soli
    Wish list : new Shen +DD "MA only", Proc stun, 10 Attack blockers and go hell heals !

Quote Originally Posted by nimarq View Post
    -2500 nano isn't bad. It costs more to cast your dmg buff and thats working alright isnt it? Get some nanodelta..
    i can have the heal delta that u want , but like u say if my dmg buff cut already my nano, u can't use more then one of new Ma attack cause u risk to go out of nano, while if it was like -1000 nano was not so bad and u can use more MA attack at time.

Cold is ****ty dmg type, same with poison. Could be cool with melee fists tho, for ganking coon profs
    i do not see like cold can sux if most of player have less Ac in cold then rest of type and same for mobs (example u can see like frost pvm alot from low lvl too in most of case in SL)

We have DoF+Limber.
    if u didn't noted the AR added from LE is more then Limber, and soon DoF going to be the same , our great defensive can't be only Cib cause it have recharge of 10 min and is not like fixer that have duration of hours and recharge pair min (note that i don't even counting the evade/AAD debuf from fixer,trader,etc etc

i can have the heal delta that u want , but like u say if my dmg buff cut already my nano, u can't use more then one of new Ma attack cause u risk to go out of nano, while if it was like -1000 nano was not so bad and u can use more MA attack at time.
    See, the whole point of that nanocost is probably that you aren't supposed to, don't you think?

i do not see like cold can sux if most of player have less Ac in cold then rest of type and same for mobs (example u can see like frost pvm alot from low lvl too in most of case in SL)
    Why do you think soldiers use Shark Mk 6 in PvM and not Dshark?
    Dshark has higher damage, but cold is not a nice dmg type.

if u didn't noted the AR added from LE is more then Limber, and soon DoF going to be the same , our great defensive can't be only Cib cause it have recharge of 10 min and is not like fixer that have duration of hours and recharge pair min (note that i don't even counting the evade/AAD debuf from fixer,trader,etc etc
    I noticed alright, and I'm not saying we shouldn't get more evades. Your argumentation, however, leaves much to be improved. Saying that others have defenses etc etc and we have none is wrong, when we have DoF. Imo a nice thing about MA defenses is that you're never really alpha-able, at least not by most profs. If you catch a soldier with AMS down, he'll be dead in no time and so on.

Better speed buff.

Scale the recharges on our SL heals down 2-3 secs each OR let us hotswap while in recharge (would be much better, but seems FC don't listen to that idea )

Melee dmg buff (so we can change AS from projectile dmg to melee dmg and in so doing, benefit from the cocoon nerf)

FIX Harmonize Body and Mind so it works while wielding a weapon.

An upgraded SoS (its MA/Shade only which I think is a good thing also) should help with our evade issues.

Lower the checks on MA attacks (I suggest lowering them to 80% duck).. or at least lower it on FoL or Delerium so have more chance to use them both when we need the AR boost (kind of retarded atm that they should only work exactly when we don't need them :P )

Add an MA attack which removes hostile nanos (UBT and dots I am thinking), with a 3 min recharge, and NOT locking MA skill (lock on a new skill).

Make our SL evade buffs stack with RI.

Make unstunnable work against crat procs.

We need more Physical Inits now to compensate for slowness brought on by MA skill increase. Its hard enough to hit ppl nowadays with them running around the place.. when we finally do get in range the least we could do would be hit a bit quicker ;P I suggest a new init buff.. 'first strike' is way outdated now.

A decent Sharp Object buff, so that we can still use ToO while wearing all our evade gear.. (well, I dont have personal experience of that yet, but from what I hear, its a problem, and as I am currently working on twinking, when I'm done I believe this issue will bother me a lot. Its bad enough to have to loose MA skill, AS, SO chances to land.. and AR and addalldef :P without also taking away our ToO).

Scale dimich skill/recharge ratio so that dimach will come back more often in BS (can have it cap at 3 mins, or make that equal 2500 dimach f.ex.). Its crucial to the MAs alpha, so would be nice to have it there a bit more often
    Last edited by dododo2; Aug 5th, 2007 at 07:49:24. Reason: added some Bold :)
    Dodo0 220/30 Clan NM Fixer - the first in AO!
    Dododo1 220/30 Retired
    Fixzorr 75/8 Retired PvP vid

EX-President of SPARTANS
    Guide to raiding Pande

- currently inactive -

-Nerf crats.
    -Nerf crats.
    -Nerf crats.
    -Bigger and more consistant heal.
    -More evades.
    -Fix the damn out of range issue.
    -Being able to use hbam with weapons.
    -Being able to use ma attacks, dimach, flurry and stims during perk loadings.
    -Being able to unequip bow while running and attacking.
    -Make our LE proc loadings ignore ubt.
    -No nano recharge on bbcs.
    -New bow with good pvm damage and enough ar to make the ranger line actually useable.
    -Faster moonmist loading.
    -Nerf crats.
    Last edited by Joey; Aug 5th, 2007 at 07:55:12.
    Joeymtl The Renaissance
    Tsbish (Tradeskiller)
    Shibasama (lvl 5 with Feeble Gladiatorbot & Red Line)
    Achiever 66.67%, Killer 53.33%, Explorer 46.67%, Socializer 46.67%

Why do you think soldiers use Shark Mk 6 in PvM and not Dshark?
    Dshark has higher damage, but cold is not a nice dmg type.
    Sols use Shark in PvM since all the +dmg-procs sols have only add projectile and not poison so they get more dmg for it.
    And they use cold in PvP for the snare on the dshark.

And what I want for MA:
    Insta-heal like the wolf-heals from Advy so we don't have recharge, just blocked from using the heal again for some time.
    Some more funny MA-Attacks (the the threat posted in our forum for good ideas).
    Faster Dimach since 8 mins is more or less just twice per BS.
    Some better defense.

Quote Originally Posted by Aros View Post
    Sols use Shark in PvM since all the +dmg-procs sols have only add projectile and not poison so they get more dmg for it.
    And they use cold in PvP for the snare on the dshark.

And what I want for MA:
    Insta-heal like the wolf-heals from Advy so we don't have recharge, just blocked from using the heal again for some time.
    Some more funny MA-Attacks (the the threat posted in our forum for good ideas).
    Faster Dimach since 8 mins is more or less just twice per BS.
    Some better defense.
    Do the insta-heals work like perks else when would we be able to use them? I'm always in recharge ><
    Maopic 2202670
    Mypetrocks 2202370
    Drmao 2202467
    Sirmao 1741242
    General of Asgard

I think we need some kind of snare, maybe a new fist with fire or something as dmg but a chance to snare(proc), pretty much like d-shark dose. Could also be some kind of new attack but with a decent snare (at least 1k)

The nano recharge of Bright, Blue, Cloudless Sky has to go or make it 1 second if its not possible, i dont think its normal for an attack to have 2 recharges one of skill and one in nano bar.

Soul of Rubi has a Recharge 11.23s, i think it wouldnt be to OP to have a 9 sec recharge on it. Would make sense since FC dose force us into more and more hp, its not about better healing just to have the heal ability we had pre LE pretty much.

p.s i doubt we gonna go back to the evades we had pre le so imo we should aim for what we could actually get.
    Last edited by GameSpace; Aug 5th, 2007 at 16:27:35.

Quote Originally Posted by GameSpace View Post
    I think we need some kind of snare, maybe a new fist with fire or something as dmg but a chance to snare(proc), pretty much like d-shark dose. Could also be some kind of new attack but with a decent snare (at least 1k)
    bump nice idea, but if it going to be in procs hope it not make more long rechrage or we have again same problem of can't heal :\

better heal.

an SO buff (+50/60)

better heal.

no recharge on bbcs.

better heal

new fist buff that lasts 1 hour. cold or fire.

better heal.

New RI.
    MA-Glassgoat 220/30/70 - pvm-ish//pvp-ish
    Doc- Dimedoc - 220/30/60ish
    Agent-Ipressoudie 170/19/42 - equipment
    Fixer-Blehmeh 207/30/64ish
    MP-Dougmp 118/13/?? - Work in Progress
    Enf - Cashewsftw 76/8/?? - Work in Progess
    MA - Gravyma 60/6/14 - equipment
    Agent-Portly 30/3 - equipment
    General of Ring of Destruction

Unity's MA Skill Calculator

new back item with 100 aad/75NR just like crats got.

or if we dont get the NR at least get us the aad/evades.
    MA-Glassgoat 220/30/70 - pvm-ish//pvp-ish
    Doc- Dimedoc - 220/30/60ish
    Agent-Ipressoudie 170/19/42 - equipment
    Fixer-Blehmeh 207/30/64ish
    MP-Dougmp 118/13/?? - Work in Progress
    Enf - Cashewsftw 76/8/?? - Work in Progess
    MA - Gravyma 60/6/14 - equipment
    Agent-Portly 30/3 - equipment
    General of Ring of Destruction

Unity's MA Skill Calculator

A new SL heal, higher reqs, NO LONGER RECHARGE (11s is enough), higher nanocost, healing BoL like (2.5kish med ?). Shorter recharge maybe, but i'm really not that fond of the idea as to me it would lead to less AS or barely more healing. Dun get why people cant get that though. (yeah swapping is longish, still dont need 2 or 3 bloody seconds, 1.5 is enough in worst case, and either you mess up AS either you mess up heal.... how could people cant understand that ?)

Make our SL evade line stack with RI damn it. Fixer got it that way, in current situation SL evade line is 100% useless. I think it's much important.

Get the nanorecharge out of BBCS, it has nothing to do here, it's just lazy coding.

Improve velocity buff. We need runspeed for sure.

Improve snare on UaWoS and fix NR buff.

Increase all range (MA attacks, perk attacks, fist attack) to 5m. (Not asking for the moon).

Unstunnable should mean unstunnable. Even for crat procs.

Those are the basics to fix MAs. The real basics.

Real improvement would be :

A slobber wound like heal would be pretty nice. Really pretty nice. For that lil extra healing here and there when we really need it.

A slightly better bow maybe. (QL 200 RK ones?)

A rooting attack would be really sweet. Like a UaWoS with NT root.
    Lady 'Kahina' Draconis, lvl 220/23 neutral MA equip
    This message is hidden because Nanofox1 is on your ignore list.
    Crawling 'Kathryna' Chaos, lvl 220/25 neutral Trader equip
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrangeline View Post
    I guess if AO continued to develop like this, in the year 2087 it would basically be Rock Paper Scissor Online.
    Scissor wouldn't stand a chance against Rock but Paper still wants Scissor nerfed.

We want lower recharge, it's not like you have to be in heal recharge 24/7 unless you can't evade anything. Kindda lame to have a ****ty heal with recharge thats only 0.8s faster than Alpha & Omega. Besides, it would be nice for PvM as well - can't you get that? Agree with the rest basically except: What snare on UaWoS? It stuns.

We want lower recharge, it's not like you have to be in heal recharge 24/7 unless you can't evade anything. Kindda lame to have a ****ty heal with recharge thats only 0.8s faster than Alpha & Omega. Besides, it would be nice for PvM as well - can't you get that? Agree with the rest basically except: What snare on UaWoS? It stuns.
    Target Temporary Run speed for 3s -650
    Maopic 2202670
    Mypetrocks 2202370
    Drmao 2202467
    Sirmao 1741242
    General of Asgard

UWOS must really be borked. 1.2k NR to add on my 2.1k and i still get triple and UBT and Doc DoTs land on me in those 20secs.
    Wierd huh?
    back on topic, notes being taken, will make the thread soon. Bear with me my professional life is too hektic now working 18hrs a day is not even leaving any time to log in AO, not that i feel like it anyways with range and sync and NT issues
    wtb fix on today server upgrade for sync, thats my 1st wish as a MA
    Inflict not an enemy every harm in your power, for you may soon become friends - Ancient Wisdom
    Coke "Cigara" Breakfast 220/22/69 - Kinda retired...
    Ciggie - 120/5/5 - Future project perhaps

MA concerns, requests and general wishlist - MA Profession Thread
    Prof in action (I hope :P ) - Discussion Thread
    How to factor Armor Class and Health Points in PVP? Just and idea - Bump if you like

Just for laughs - The world is crazy as is, laugh!

Imo Ma's can do really good in PvP nowadays, maybe there is too much whining & crying..

A ma can easily train NR 1 now without loosing any buffing/healing abilities. With combination of Albatraum/Ofab items u can mostly counter roots or other NR based attacks, and if u get rooted u can still use Wave of summer to unroot if u got some riposte (which i got trained abit) or use SD perks. Also ofcuz AAD helps alot in NR, u can easily get ur AAD hard twinked.

With 17.5 we can use 100+ evade & 50 def item, no way we get perked by a keep or sold if u done ur twinking right. Good thing the defence > offence on those new upcoming Hud3 items. (Unless they use MR). We also got 3 working nano drains wich u can combine with that Alb ring (hotswap though) that drains nano too, perfect food for advy, doc, agent & sometimes vs other proffs in other situations.

Bout that healing stuff etc, i think our heals are fine enough, u got a bit long recharing heal but ok, u got red dusk which is 1.2K heal, use 275 stims which is 1.2K heal, harmonize 1.5-3K heal, & battle kits. Easy to outheal caps if u don't get zerged by 3+ ppl and got a low hp setup.

And then for AS we shoud not whine at all, supp saph is a really good bow which u can get capped easily & have good recharge, might get harder with that hud 3 change inc.

Biggest problem of MA pvp really is NT really.. Give ppl a way to counter a NT more effective or just nerf them. With my setup i sometimes counter Double's casted by 220NT's but no way if they got some nanoskill & use triple. Other problem i might whine about is the stuns by crat which are abit too overpowered and are ignoring unstunnable.. Oh and our Evade procs which aren't really too effective imo but ok :P And an improvement of runspeed buff & range woud be recommended too.
    220 Martial Artist // AL 30 // LE 65

~Proud member of Angelic Retribution~

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast