Thread: Leaving AO

Leaving AO

Well I am tired of the level treadmill that AO has become lately and afew friends and I from AO are planning on moving over to Shadowbane when it comes out.

For those that don't know what Shadowbane is, it will have some of the aspects that I was hoping AO would have had like true PvP with meaning. Atleast in Shadowbane they plan on having towns that can be contructed by the players as well as destroyed by them. Leveling isnt supposed to take months and months to reach the level cap.

If anyone is planning on moving to Shadowbane consider taking alook at our guild.

http://www.wecometoplay.com/~shadowbane

Hope to see afew old friends from AO in shadowbane.

Red face

Later.

From what I hear from beta testers, they are not at all impressed. And these are die-hard Shadowbane lovers too. Pity.

--Tsk

edited- I don't care- flame off.

er okay, so what was your suggestion? I mean, you posted in the suggetion forum so you MUST have a suggestion...

Ever wonder why someone needs to announce their departure on the forums? That's kind of like posting an ad in the newspaper whenever you're moving out of town

"I cannot stand the cesspool of filth that LA has become. Me and a couple friends of mine (and it's always a couple friends with no names, just to increase the impact. arent these friends also going to post?) ar emoving to Milwaukee. I'm hearing good things about Milwaukee from the beta residents"

now since nobody has said it yet: "CAN I HAVE UR STUFF PLZ?"
    Nanomage: The OTHER other white meat

Darn it Deacon... I knew I forgot something

Question

Well, shadowbane does seem to look very promising at the first look(I havent gotten into beta yet), and for people who hasnt stared blind at shadowbane since it was announced, im sure it will be a good mmorpg able to stand out in the mmorpg market.

The only alternatives for me if I ever decide to quit AO are.

1. A post apocalyptic mmorpg(glympse may be one, but its not til 2004 and i have lost the link to their homepage)

2. Shadowbane

3. A mmorpg set in the world of darkess(whitewolf)

4. a Mutant mmorpg(you know the old PnP mutant?)

5. World of warcraft.

6. Not SW:galaxies(obvious reasons *cough* verant *cough*

7. Not ac2(may be turbine who are making the game but its still Micro$oft.)

However, since none of these alternatives are viable for a good ammount of time, im going to have to stick with AO for a while
    Ohh, btw, im almost done with the second chapter of icewind dale 2
    "There is a storm coming! Our storm! - Paul Mua'dib"
    ---------------------------------------------
    Randomize argument in scripts!

The magical pony, scene1-5,6

Im glad there are trolls and whiners, gives people something to compare with. Makes the rest of us look better.

"Spam is not just something you do, its a way of life."

OOGA BOOGA.
    ---------------------------------------------

Originally posted by Joramon
    Well, shadowbane does seem to look very promising at the first look(I havent gotten into beta yet), and for people who hasnt stared blind at shadowbane since it was announced, im sure it will be a good mmorpg able to stand out in the mmorpg market.

The only alternatives for me if I ever decide to quit AO are.

1. A post apocalyptic mmorpg(glympse may be one, but its not til 2004 and i have lost the link to their homepage)

2. Shadowbane

3. A mmorpg set in the world of darkess(whitewolf)

4. a Mutant mmorpg(you know the old PnP mutant?)

5. World of warcraft.

6. Not SW:galaxies(obvious reasons *cough* verant *cough*

7. Not ac2(may be turbine who are making the game but its still Micro$oft.)

However, since none of these alternatives are viable for a good ammount of time, im going to have to stick with AO for a while
    Ohh, btw, im almost done with the second chapter of icewind dale 2
    i luved ac1 =( im gona try out ac2 beta (if i get it) =/
    RK1 - Hajk - Solitus - Lvl 217/DR 16 - Nanotech - Apocalypse
    ---
    Explorer 60% / Socializer 53% / Killer 46% / Achiever 40%

Heh, the graphics in shadowbane right now are absolute garbage. The games gonna blow if they don't improve.

Originally posted by Hajkster

i luved ac1 =( im gona try out ac2 beta (if i get it) =/
    It's gorgeous to look at. Plays like absolute crap, and couldn't be more boring. Really.
    k- This message has been reviewed by intrusive goons searching for "evil-doers".