Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The SoS Presents: The Olive Branch

The SoS Presents: The Olive Branch

Overview:

The Society of Salvation Party: The Olive Branch
    Time: 2000 RST, August 11th 29481
    DJ: Tarryk of Gridstream Productions

Details:

The conflict between Omni-Tek and the Clans continues to increase and interaction at less than gunpoint is tantamount to treason. The Society of Salvation wants to remind everyone that we are all citizens of Rubi-Ka and that not all of those within the Omni-Tek corporation wish for the destruction of opposing factions through military action. An eye for an eye will make us all blind and alone, so perhaps being blind drunk and together is a better alternative. To this end, we are hosting a party at the Happy Rebel in Tir on Saturday, August 11th at 2000 RST. DJ Tarryk of Gridstream Productions will be providing his musical services. All citizens are welcome and those who may find it difficult to make their way through Tir will have assistance made available to them.
    Ferrex "Sanqq" Baldwin
    General
    Department of Entertainment
    ~Society of Salvation~

Excellent idea. Free movement of people, goods and above all ideas is what this planet needs.

Dabblez
    Dabblez - Rubi-Ka Universal Robots (RUR)
    We put the Art into Artificial Intelligence!

(( is this bar even open as a bar? ))
    Angel "Berael" Wolf - 220/22 Solitus Engineer RP Profile
    Advisor of Wolf Brigade, A Proud Neutral Organization

AOwiki - A chance to show what you know.
    Hunting Grounds Neutral Neck Items Tradeskill Pricing v3.0 Roleplaying Organizations v2.0 (RK1)

"The world will not evolve past its current state of crisis by using the same thinking that created the situation" - Albert Einstein
    "It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change." - Charles Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by Berael View Post
    (( is this bar even open as a bar? ))
    ((it exists and there is a bartender in one of the rooms... thats about it))
    Last edited by Anarrina; Today at 18:32:45.. Reason: constantly mistyping someone else's name in an attempt to belittle them in harassment

The Happy Rebel isn't a bar... it's a BROTHEL. Didn't any of you people notice the many tiny bedrooms, the poorly-equipped bar, or (just to clinch things) the Xaviera Hollander reference?

I mean, sure, the place doesn't have a piano player, but aside from that... well. I was totally embarrassed the one time I ducked into the place during a Sentinel-killin' mission.
    "NOOOOooo! Not in the face!" -- official RUR battle cry

wait wait wait...you lost me somewhere.

Olive branch party - ...not all of those within the Omni-Tek corporation wish for the destruction of opposing factions through military action.

and then...

"...on a sentinel-killin' mission..."

help me with that one.

Hell Yeah

Quote Originally Posted by Tarondal View Post
    The Happy Rebel isn't a bar... it's a BROTHEL. Didn't any of you people notice the many tiny bedrooms, the poorly-equipped bar, or (just to clinch things) the Xaviera Hollander reference?

I mean, sure, the place doesn't have a piano player, but aside from that... well. I was totally embarrassed the one time I ducked into the place during a Sentinel-killin' mission.
    Hell a BROTHEL.... I am in.

I cant see the Sentinals reacting well to this...

Quote Originally Posted by Astera View Post
    wait wait wait...you lost me somewhere.

Olive branch party - ...not all of those within the Omni-Tek corporation wish for the destruction of opposing factions through military action.

and then...

"...on a sentinel-killin' mission..."

help me with that one.
    Clearly quoted from two different people with.. different opinions.
    Transcendence
    ----
    220 iii "Quilluck" iiiiii :: iii "Quillster" i 165
    074 iii "Tradeursoul" i :: i "Fourthaid" ii 220
    ----

While i personally dont want to see all the clanners crushed by military action, the potential for testing military applications of robots on a mass scale, well its just too much fun. But, we can always test the bots on SOL Banking assets if the Rubi-kans ever find peace.

Count me as there, beer and robots are a fun combination.
    QQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQ
    QQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQ
    QQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQ
    QQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQ the Fixer
    QQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQ Hit me once, Shame on you.
    QQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQ Hit me twice, Shame on me.
    QQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQHit me thrice, aww crud *meep*
    QQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQ
    QQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQ
    QQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQ
    QQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQ
    QQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQ
    QQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQ

Qwayke

Quote Originally Posted by Xenotric View Post
    I cant see the Sentinals reacting well to this...
    I think they already know about the nature of the place.
    Last edited by Tarondal; Aug 1st, 2007 at 20:32:38.
    "NOOOOooo! Not in the face!" -- official RUR battle cry

Heh, Clever. bash on clans, camp out in their capitol, then whine when clans fight back. Calssic.
    Point Blank

Quote Originally Posted by Quilluck View Post
    Clearly quoted from two different people with.. different opinions.
    Was just wondering how an anti-sentinel thing made its way into a pro-peace party announcement...

I also agree with kotts (as usual).

maybe simon will enter with some sentinels and start shooting at the "bad factions" as he'd call it xD
    Never knock on death's door, always ring the bell and run. Death really hates that.

While it is a possibility that individuals of clan affiliation may take exception to employees of the Omni-Tek corporation choosing a location belonging to the clans, I would hope that all interested parties, whatever their interests, do choose to keep to the intent of the event. That is, that individuals do not arrive with plans of confrontation. There is more than enough conflict on Rubi-Ka; this exception is needed.

--Ferrex
    Ferrex "Sanqq" Baldwin
    General
    ~Society of Salvation~

Quote Originally Posted by Sanqq View Post
    While it is a possibility that individuals of clan affiliation may take exception to employees of the Omni-Tek corporation choosing a location belonging to the clans, I would hope that all interested parties, whatever their interests, do choose to keep to the intent of the event. That is, that individuals do not arrive with plans of confrontation. There is more than enough conflict on Rubi-Ka; this exception is needed.

--Ferrex
    ((Brothel? OMg im so there... If it gets to IC im going with Graywolf or Imdrunknow tho..))
    Rktim - 220/70/30 Omni Soldier.
    Imdrunknow - 157+/XX/15+ Omni MA
    Quote Originally Posted by IHaveHugeNick View Post
    Messiah has spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by Dabblez View Post
    Excellent idea. Free movement of people, goods and above all ideas is what this planet needs.

Dabblez
    First a worker union, and now supporting an initiative that goes clearly against current Omni-Tek policies? The RUR shareholder meeting ought to be interesting...
    9 out of 10 Leets prefer Omni Mining. The tenth Leet is a traitor and will be dealt with.
    Marrok

As a reminder, gaining entry to the Happy Rebel is not as difficult as it may initially seem. The Society will have a number of dedicated engineers providing transportation. Additionally, upon leaving the grid and entering into the city of Tir, the Happy Rebel is a scant distance directly North from the grid terminal.

--Ferrex
    Ferrex "Sanqq" Baldwin
    General
    ~Society of Salvation~

There are less than twenty-four hours until the commencement of this party.

--Ferrex
    Ferrex "Sanqq" Baldwin
    General
    ~Society of Salvation~

Thank you to Gridstream Productions and all those who attended. I would consider the party a success. While Simon Silverstone and his Sentinels arrived in order to evacuate those he found offensive, his efforts were for naught and the party continued. Perhaps he should remember to look into the role of reclaim in preventing termination from being anything more than a temporary inconvenience? I would also hazard that Simon Silverstone found himself in a rather less than flattering light, as this photograph would indicate:

http://www.ao-perk.net/Silverstoneleet.jpg

Thank you again to all those who stood up for peaceful interaction between factions.

--Ferrex
    Ferrex "Sanqq" Baldwin
    General
    ~Society of Salvation~

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast