Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Summer'07 Contest: Win a Gaming PC and get to name the new Jetbikes!

Summer'07 Contest: Win a Gaming PC and get to name the new Jetbikes!

Today the "Anarchy Online Summer 07 Contest" has been launched! Your chance to win big prizes like

• the brand name choosen by you will be put on the jetbikes in-game
    • a fantastic gaming PC
    • a free lifetime account for Anarchy Online
    • a deluxe Jobe apartment key
    • a Leet pet

Sounds intersting? Then head over to the contest site where you find detailed instructions on what to do.

Good luck to you all.
    Last edited by Tarib; Jul 20th, 2007 at 13:45:46.

Tarib, Just a clarification, are we naming the bikes, or the company that is building the bikes?
    "A whole new place to run around for ages in then die suddenly without warning."

"I know who coded pet pathing... and when I see him I say "/follow" and I start waling in to walls :P"

The "Trolls" option is incorrect. The term trolls is not used to describe the gathering of information on the Internet.

<@Kintaii> L2P

Oh, I'm winning this.

Edit: 1337 Idea submitted. I can't wait to get my custom computer and free AO!
    Last edited by Clamdigger; Jul 20th, 2007 at 16:00:47.
    Causes:
    Make the battlestation a reality for all levels!
    FC, we need Noob Island fixed!
    Go go Godzilla! (Please)
    Amateur CoH Chest Detective
    Temporarily out of game due to XBL. I shall return.

KAES
    Breakdown: Achiever 53.33%, Explorer 46.67%, Killer 60.00%, Socializer 40.00%.

Quote Originally Posted by Technogen View Post
    Tarib, Just a clarification, are we naming the bikes, or the company that is building the bikes?
    The brand, yes. So the company, not the model.

Couldn't find it in the rules... but can we enter more than once with different names?

I too would like to know if we are limited to one entry or if we may submit multiple entries. The contest rules, as published on the contest website, make no mention of this. The published procedures for entry intimate this, however.
    Irve - Keeper
    Feyn - Doctor

Quote Originally Posted by Feyn View Post
    I too would like to know if we are limited to one entry or if we may submit multiple entries. The contest rules, as published on the contest website, make no mention of this. The published procedures for entry intimate this, however.
    I second this question, however the published procedures for entry ARE part of the rules.

Further, the rules never explicitly state what status one's account must be in to enter the contest, but given. Are old deactive accounts allowed? What about froobs? It never explicitly states that one must have an account, however it does mention "Your character name and dimension" in the rules, which implys that a deactive account and froob account would both work, I just want to confirm this.

Also, are we allowed to use trademarks owned by funcom or one of its divisions in this, eg. "Trox' trucks, strong enough for an Atrox!"?
    -Ashram 202 ish fixer on rimor- Proud owner of Manta A.V.

Sponsor will have the unrestricted right to use, alter, publish, display or transfer each Message however it sees fit without further approval of or payment to entrant.
    There's personal info in those "messages" and I haven't seen any disclaimer FC won't use, alter, publish, display or transfer any of those. What's with that?
    "War may be Hell....but it's good for business!"
    -The Association for Merchants,Manufacturers, and Morticians

[Kintaii]: Dude, I *am* weird
    [Kintaii]: I came to accept this many years ago and am much happier for it. XD
    [Kintaii]: Besides - I work on *AO*. That right there is proof of my oddness.

Quote Originally Posted by Ashram View Post
    Also, are we allowed to use trademarks owned by funcom or one of its divisions in this, eg. "Trox' trucks, strong enough for an Atrox!"?
    1.) They are looking for a "Company Name" ex: Yalmaha Not an Advertising Jingle

2.)
    2. Entrant’s name or phrase chosen may not have been previously published or copyrighted and (ii) must be the exclusive original work of the (iii)
    pretty much says it must be original. So Funcom Properties Cannot be used (directly)
    Only through the exercise of free will can the soul grow; only through courage in the face of temptation and pain can the spirit soar.

Would be great to have the actual item description to know what kind of company it is. If its a high tech edgy company or a conservative one, who of what faction runs it etc.
    Freshman $oulez 220/25 atrox bureaucrat
    Freshman $oule$oldier 220/29 nanomage NT - Stuff (outdated)
    Freshman Duratrox 220/20 Kung fu master

Quote Originally Posted by Soule View Post
    Would be great to have the actual item description to know what kind of company it is. If its a high tech edgy company or a conservative one, who of what faction runs it etc.
    We wouldn't want to restrict peoples suggestions - we are letting you guys decide the name of the company! The item description etc will be done after we have a winner based on the feel we get from the winning suggestion!
    Craig 'Silirrion' Morrison
    Old Timer

so multiple entries yes /no ? or 1 per account ? or hey go crazy with it and give us a huge selection of names ?

Quote Originally Posted by Knyghtfall View Post
    so multiple entries yes /no ? or 1 per account ? or hey go crazy with it and give us a huge selection of names ?
    this is not an official answer as I am not a Funcom Employee, but ......

HOW TO ENTER: Send one email to contest@anarchy-online.com with subject line of : Summer07Contest
    seems to imply one entry
    Only through the exercise of free will can the soul grow; only through courage in the face of temptation and pain can the spirit soar.

ya i'll only send one email but be nice to know if it's you can included a list of names in that email or limit it to just one entry.. i can see how a unlimitedly long list could be a problem on the other hand i can probably think of about a dozen names.
    Nanomage Meta-Physicist : Squad Commander [Famous Last Words] [RK2]
    Interested in applying? [Click Here]

Quote Originally Posted by Silirrion View Post
    We wouldn't want to restrict peoples suggestions - we are letting you guys decide the name of the company! The item description etc will be done after we have a winner based on the feel we get from the winning suggestion!
    Why not submit your own description? It's not like if you do you're gonna get banned from the game or forums if you do, and nothing in the rules says you can't provide additional information to your entry...Likewise, Funcom can use your name and description, or use your name but not the description, or use someone else's name and your description (although the third option seems unlikely).

Use the contest as a tool to exercise your creative writing skills, and if they use your description, you'll have bragging rights (remember, all entries become the property of Funcom).
    Christine "Crisalys" Kochanski 220/30/70 Nanomage Nano-Technician

License Plates: 2007 / 2008 / 2009 / 2010 / 2011 / 2012 Plate Debate has ended!

Crisalys was born on Fri, Mar 29, 18:48:45, 2002, and as of November 6, 2011, 04:11 GMT,
    Crisalys has played 482 days 15 hours 48 minutes 36 seconds

There is DEFINITELY no letter "A" in the word DEFINITELY.
    What annoys you most at work?

I've sent in a couple of ideas. I never win anything. I hope I win the fancy puter, mine is a POS I built myself. :P
    Towerblock, 220/30/70 Engineer
    President of Steadfast

And way too many alts...

I notice I haven't received a new computer yet.

I guess "Flourescent Aviation Razor Talon" (or F.A.R.T.) isn't the winning suggestion... @#$!

/resubmitting...
    Causes:
    Make the battlestation a reality for all levels!
    FC, we need Noob Island fixed!
    Go go Godzilla! (Please)
    Amateur CoH Chest Detective
    Temporarily out of game due to XBL. I shall return.

KAES
    Breakdown: Achiever 53.33%, Explorer 46.67%, Killer 60.00%, Socializer 40.00%.

I hope we get a few more days for the main site being down, since I can't access the rules which give the title and the adress which you send it to at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Tarib View Post
    • a deluxe Jobe apartment key
    • a Leet pet
    I'd rather win a free Jet Bike as I already have a Jobe apartment and Leet pet, but hey that's me. Entered anyway. Good luck to all.
    Glarawyn L220 OT Adventurer
    It's good to be furry.
    ----
    Lilredhot L220 OT Enforcer
    Don't mind me, I tank without a helmet.
    ----
    Gunslinger19 L150 OT Soldier
    There's a word for people who think everyone's out to get them: perceptive.

Quote Originally Posted by Neccoz View Post
    I hope we get a few more days for the main site being down, since I can't access the rules which give the title and the adress which you send it to at the moment.

you mean the one I posted further up
    HOW TO ENTER: Send one email to contest@anarchy-online.com with subject line of : Summer07Contest
    that address and title?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast