Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: OTPC: Capitalism – The True Value of the Clans

OTPC: Capitalism – The True Value of the Clans

Capitalism – The True Value of the Clans
    July 19, 29481 - Chilia Moran [Global]

OTPC - The clans of Rubi-Ka. Freedom fighters, struggling against the oppression of Omni-Tek. That is their slogan in their ridiculous fight against us, the legal government of this planet. But the truth is far from their own claims.

The truth is this: the clans are just as interested in lining their pockets with credits as they claim we are. Of course, such claims are true. This is why Omni-Tek exists: to make a profit. We are fully open about the fact, while the clans hide behind their idiotic ideals and childish whining.

Most clanners have millions of credits in their bank accounts, and millions more in equipment and weaponry. They claim they need it to fight us, yet looking back in history, I have never seen any freedom fighters who had a need for golden armor with hand-engraved artwork on it. Such armor would stand out too much in a war. Of course, I am glad they do use it in war, as it makes it so much easier to terminate the vermin of the north.

The clans mine notum, which they sell, and gain even more money -- more then anyone could ever spend on this planet. There is a limit to how many millions of bullets you need as a single individual.

The best known credit hugger amongst the clans is Alan Jacobi, and his silly Vanguard clan. Instead of buying shiny armor, which at least has some usefulness, they instead spent billions of credits on making Omni-2 more green and full of Clan propaganda. It is quite a waste of money, especially since we will remove it when we liberate Omni-2 from the clans.

The vast majority of clanners spend their first fortune on a Yalmaha, a vehicle normally reserved for rich people, just because it makes them look better. Listen. You are (or claim to be, anyway) freedom fighters. How about buying some decent weapons instead of trying to look like you're from a high society club?

Why do freedom fighters have to look like something from a holo-video? You are not heroes, even less so if you dress up like clowns. Use your money, and get off our planet. Join a circus or something, or go attack something like you always do. Just don’t start whining about how Omni-Tek only cares about profit, because you are clearly no different in this.

Agree 100%, most clans (though not all, some extremists are very serious in their war efforts) hide behind a facade of holiness and self-righteous baloney to conceal their malign intent.

Clans didn't used to buy their own flashy guns and armor, they traded with Sol banking for them offering them notum in return, but far back as I can recall Sol banking agreed to cut all deals with the Clans, no telling how much of their equipment is still in use in rebel hands.

But you can't criticize them for indulging too much can you? Defeating evil corporations I’m sure is #1...or...10, on their to-do list nowadays, maybe the lot of them should have hopped aboard the Rimor they wasted all that money rebuilding.
    Last edited by Armadyl; Jul 19th, 2007 at 21:40:45.

*applauds*

Lying clanners and their stupid fight for freedom.

Quote Originally Posted by Editor: OTPC View Post
    There is a limit to how many millions of bullets you need as a single individual.
    You've obviously never met me.

The vast majority of clanners spend their first fortune on a Yalmaha, a vehicle normally reserved for rich people, just because it makes them look better. Listen. You are (or claim to be, anyway) freedom fighters. How about buying some decent weapons instead of trying to look like you're from a high society club?
    A Yalmaha has utility to it - it allows you to fly, which in turn allows you to not have to deal with ground-based vermin on your way somewhere (leets, mantises, cyborgs, Omn-Tek employees, etc.).

As far as decent weaponry is concerned - weren't you just complaining that clanners blew all their money on weaponry a couple of paragraphs up?

Why do freedom fighters have to look like something from a holo-video?
    I'm sorry not everyone can look as good as me and my friends. Why don't you use your millions of Omni credits to gussy up a little? This seems to tie in more with self-esteem issues you might have than any wealth clanners might have.

Just don’t start whining about how Omni-Tek only cares about profit, because you are clearly no different in this.
    There's nothing wrong with being all about profit. Omni-Tek is just real douche-baggy about it.
    Quote Originally Posted by kesh View Post
    I heard black troxes have a huge nothing.
    Berinda: Assault rifle

Wenona: SMG

Sorry, I can't help how good I look. Opifex and all. I'll be sure to skip a shower or something so I'll look more like a freedom fighter.

*rolls eyes*
    Point Blank

it's clearly obvious they mean me with the good looks after all i'm like the good-looks-clan-callsign
    Never knock on death's door, always ring the bell and run. Death really hates that.

Most clanners have millions of credits in their bank accounts, and millions more in equipment and weaponry.
    Well, I for one have only a few thousand creds to my name.
    My equipment.. If I could survive without any armor and with only my solar-powered rifle for a weapon I certainly would. It's a hassle to find an efficient weapon (wich requires ammunition) and armor, a hassle I could well do without.
    Sadly, fights are a part of daily life on Rubi-Ka so I, like every other person here, have to be properly equipped.
    They claim they need it to fight us,
    Ommers, wildlife, it's all the same - when attacked I defend myself and I use the best equipment I have access to to do so.
    For then I am able to better protect those, I serve: children, aged, infirm, civilians..
    yet looking back in history, I have never seen any freedom fighters who had a need for golden armor with hand-engraved artwork on it. Such armor would stand out too much in a war.
    Haha, not surprisingly you have not looked all that thoroughly.
    Back in the academy we had classes on (military) history and we learned how high-ranking officers went to do battle in golden, hand-engraved armor, wearing helmets with great, big feather plumes.
    The officers were thus easily recognisable and every soldier knew where to look for orders (given by handsignals, flags and the like back then) and to (re)gain confidence.
    Yes, the enemy could spot them as well - but then that's what bodyguards are for.

Today, here, it's a part of our help to OT-RK. Not that it's much appreciated..
    Of course, I am glad they do use it in war, as it makes it so much easier to terminate the vermin of the north.
    Well, you do need all the help you can get.. we're still here after all this time and we do not intend to go anywhere.
    The clans mine notum, which they sell, and gain even more money -- more then anyone could ever spend on this planet.
    Ehh.. you're delusional. More so than even a drunk Ivan S.. Go watch a lady in a shoe store.. or a clothes store.. or a furniture store.. or (almost) any kind of store, in fact..
    Or ask a family with one or more children..
    Instead of buying shiny armor, which at least has some usefulness, they instead spent billions of credits on making Omni-2 more green and full of Clan propaganda. It is quite a waste of money, especially since we will remove it when we liberate Omni-2 from the clans.
    So first we spend too much on weapons and armor, now we don't spend enough?
    Been a late morning with Ivan?

As to Old Athen, you've not recaptured it yet and it certainly does not seem likely to happen in the near future. Despite all the help we give you..

Beautifying our cities is not wasteful, it has quite an impact on morale. Not that OT-RK has ever bothered with morale, any more than with morals.
    You are (or claim to be, anyway) freedom fighters. How about buying some decent weapons
    So once more you want us to spend more on weaponry and armor?
    Didn't you say we already spent too much on hardware?
    What's up? Didn't you learn that stims are bad for your health?
    You are not heroes, even less so if you dress up like clowns.
    Ehh.. someone, who risks his life in the defense of innocents is pretty close to the definition of heroic - regardless of attire.
    Especially if his own life is not in danger before he stands up for those in danger.
    But then it's a moot point: we do not care for labels, we care for our way of life and for our fellow citizens.
    Use your money, and get off our planet. Join a circus or something, or go attack something like you always do. Just don’t start whining about how Omni-Tek only cares about profit, because you are clearly no different in this.
    Not your planet. OT-RK has a lease, not ownership.

Btw, it's not a good thing to ask for attacks, OT-RK Reform takes a dim view of employees asking for profit-reducing events..
    I'm sure someone will alert them to your deviant views so they can inform you of the correct treatment for your ailments..

The Clans are vastly different from OT: we earn creds to better our world, our lives, the lives of our children. We are careful not to destroy Rubi-Ka - because we will be living here forever.
    Tempus fugit.

Everybody has a photographic memory.
    Some don't have film.

When you find a big kettle of crazy it's best not to stir it.
    -PHB/Scott Adams

MY eyes are bugging out at this. This is the biggest most fattest and extreme pile of horse**** I have ever seen. My mind is aghast at how someone would think that golden and art covered armour, is even worth the trouble.

If I saw someone like that on the street, you can prolly count to ten before he or she gets mugged by all the scavengers that like to prey on the preening ex-omni who came here to rebel against their mommy and daddy.

If you had clue one inside that staff you call 'editors' ( and i use this term loosely) and actually did something other then just nod heads and circle jerk each other for ratings and the approval of your donkey-humping plantation masters, then you never would make such erroneous accusations.

You want to know what the life of a clanner is about, come and hang out and live our lives, eat with your hands, and dig with your own shovels.

How in THE hell, can you accuse us of living the life on a tribal level last year, and then talk smack about us preening ourselves and donning the most expensive equipment on the planet that serves no purpose the next.

You are full of ****. Peddle your ridiculous excuse for a screamsheet somewhere else who will nod and smile for you at your beck and call. Your illusions will fade the moment someone sticks a nice shiny sword or a rifle in your face, and then you will see for yourself just how much 'Art' we put into our offense OR defense. That is of course, if youre not too busy pissing yourself from the amount of bullets being hosed at you.

*mutters*
    Towerblock, 220/30/70 Engineer
    President of Steadfast

And way too many alts...

i guess he's never been that far from his office to notice the amount of lead clanners pump out towards the south and the omni tek forces.
    And the fact that to fund a war you need money. duh. how else do you feed, equip and house your fellow comrades, it all costs.
    oh and Yalmahas are pretty good recon vehciles since some of us cant afford to spend rediculas amounts of money on jugganaughts and battleships. (not that they do omni tek any good).
    So what if we like to keep our city looking nice, its better than the depressing darkness, dirt and oppressive sense you get in Rome.
    and etching on weapons and armor, well some of us dont wear bog standard uniforms.
    otherwise its simple for this to happen....

Omni Tek Trooper 1: Yo bro!

Omni Tek Trooper 2: Hi!

Omni Tek Trooper 3: Hi!

Omni Tek Trooper 2: Hey, he was talkin' to me!

Omni Tek Trooper 3: No, he was talkin to ME!

Omni Tek Trooper 4: No, me!

Omni Tek Trooper 5: Me!

Omni Tek Trooper 6: Me! Me!

Omni Tek Trooper 2 Tell 'em, Hydraxus! You meant me, right?

Omni Tek Trooper Son 3: You meant me, didn't you, Hydraxus?

Omni Tek Trooper 7: I'm not Hydraxus! I was talkin to my brother over here!

Omni Tek Trooper 8: Who, me?

Omni Tek Trooper 9: No! You were talkin to me, weren't you, Malevolus?

Omni Tek Trooper 1: I'm not Malevolus! I'm Hydraxus!

Omni Tek Sargent : Oh my God who is running this Army?

being different and having the right to express ourselves is what makes us better.

Quote Originally Posted by playboyfixer View Post
    it's clearly obvious they mean me with the good looks after all i'm like the good-looks-clan-callsign
    Oh, silly me. How could I have been mistaken?

After all you are much more of a pretty-boy then me.
    Point Blank

What! Do freedom-fighters really prefer not to live in poverty? Who would have thought that?

Another typical omni-tek article-
    - lots of flaming and no political or factual (other than that all humans prefer certain standars, which is an no-brainer) content at all

Quote Originally Posted by monique View Post
    What! Do freedom-fighters really prefer not to live in poverty? Who would have thought that?
    Apparently Omni-tek thinks that only omni-tek appreciates the finer things in life.. you know.. like.. breathing, eating, living in something other than a cave, and utensils. We somehow forget during the course of clan evolution that we're not supposed to have these things.

I'm feeling this strange urge to pick cotton now.
    President of Steadfast

And way too many alts...

The truth has been exposed! And...

Quote Originally Posted by Bubbacrush View Post
    Apparently Omni-tek thinks that only omni-tek appreciates the finer things in life.. you know.. like.. breathing, eating, living in something other than a cave, and utensils. We somehow forget during the course of clan evolution that we're not supposed to have these things.

I'm feeling this strange urge to pick cotton now.

Nice sig bubba:
    "Live life hard, hungry, and tough, or you aint livin'."

Quote Originally Posted by Perfekt View Post
    The truth has been exposed! And...

Nice sig bubba:
    "Live life hard, hungry, and tough, or you aint livin'."
    Life is full of strange ironies. It would probably amuse some people to know that to have cash is not the same as using it cushion your life. Before my ranch was built I was picking nearly anywhere between 1 to a half dozen of Belial Miniscorpiods out of my bedroll in when I've been on trek in the bush.

The wife doesn't understand my need to live close to the earth, but you never know what makes any one person feel alive.

Somewhere along the line, there are people who may think that being rich makes you that much less of a person because you can afford hard-to-pronounce luxuries, or live the rest of your life in some decadant haze. Having money to me, means having greater responsibilities, and MORE work, not less.

Find that one in your omni-tek textbook.
    President of Steadfast

And way too many alts...

*chuckles* Somehow, no matter how long I read the garbage that floods the news channels from both Clan and Omni editors; I always seem to be able to lose just a little more respect for these press members after every new article...
    Max "Dule" Kenley - Soldier of Omni-Tek

"If it can be seen we can destroy it...and destroy it we must. We require more technology, more advanced standoff weapons and more sophisticated strategies. We fight for our beliefs; we seek to impose our ideology, to control our destiny, because we are right!"

"We call it...progress."

"Save your fears for the day when our pain is far behind. On your feet, come with me; we are soldiers, stand or die..."

I prefer to think of it as Free market enterprising.

No I dont sleep on a huge pile of money!

...... ok sometimes I do!
    Whine more plz I feed on your tears

Ethernal- "Friends don't let friends infonet drunk"

My internet is waaaay faster than yours so you can suck my fiberoptic!

Quote Originally Posted by Templar View Post
    So what if we like to keep our city looking nice, its better than the depressing darkness, dirt and oppressive sense you get in Rome.
    You and many other clanners say you hate how the buildings in Rome (and sometimes Omni-1) look like. Then why did you use them as models for almost all of your "refurbished" Omni-2?

Despite your (almost) commendable efforts to make Omni-2 look better, you left out some of the derelict, unmaintained "houses" on the east side. One could almost think you wanted to keep them, if just to remember how your city looked like before you "omnified" it.

And still you (the clanners) use your credits for anything else than making anything unique to your own. When you rebuild your main city to look more like Rome or Omni-1, you may as well join Omni-Tek so you can walk the streets of Rome and Omni-1 in awe of the advanced engineering that was the backbone of their construction.

the reason why Old Athen HAS omni tek style buildings was because the CLANNERS took if from you, omni tek. Also the fact that you liked your offices to be better than the living quarters! so of course were going to change round the office blocks into housing or shops. and also its a bit difficlut to remove a skyscraper and replace the damn thing, they cost a fair amount, and i think the Vanguards are busy trying to fix the shoddy plumbing you left us with.

Quote Originally Posted by Lupe View Post
    And still you (the clanners) use your credits for anything else than making anything unique to your own. When you rebuild your main city to look more like Rome or Omni-1, you may as well join Omni-Tek so you can walk the streets of Rome and Omni-1 in awe of the advanced engineering that was the backbone of their construction.
    This makes very little sense to me - the sentence, that is.
    And I'm OT and used to the garbage spewed forth by the overpaid, underworked propaganda morons..

Not to mention I know many clanners, who do more for the neuts in many ways than either OT-RK or most individual ommers - and neuts are supposed to be under OT care. Guess it's about eyes and minds - and OT has a severe shortage of minds.. *shrug* No wonder we can't kick out the clanners, that would take brains.
    Me? Trouble? No trouble..

As Mae West said: "Never resist temptation, you don't know if you'll get another chance."

You know, no matter which side of the cred you look, its the same chunk of silicate. Clan, Omni...it's the same. Both chasing power, both chasing creds, and both not able to get along and share.

You're the same as each other busy on the one up manship of "my gun's bigger than your gun". Come on, the problem isn't the other side, it's actually you both.

Quit with the fighting and try to get some direction and unity for once. There is a way forward, and that is for this stupid war to end and redirected at the alien threat.
    Major "Nyadach" Prabel
    Neutral and proud of it!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast