Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: IRRK: Illegal Weaponry Floods the Market

Independent Reporters of Rubi-Ka Editor: IRRK's Avatar

IRRK: Illegal Weaponry Floods the Market

Illegal Weaponry Floods the Market
    July 19, 29481 - [Global]

IRRK - Several years ago, one could buy hundreds of different weapons, completely legal, ranging from small sidearms to heavy cannons. Some bought them for self-defence, others for the express purpose of hurting others. But all that has changed now.

During these troubled times, one would of course strive for the strongest self-defence weapon one could find, but within the past two years the amount of illegal weapons being sold from backyard shops has surpassed the amount of weapons sold at the countless conventional shops throughout the planet.

While the illegal weapons are indeed much stronger then those bought in shops, they are also more dangerous to the user. There have been several reported incidents with home made weaponry breaking or exploding in the hands of the user, causing severe injuries, and two fatalities so far. It is unknown where these illegal weapons comes from, but sources claim that there are certain underground networks who are performing illegal research into upgrading and constructing these weapons.

Indications suggest that the use of cheap parts has lead to a weaker durability in these illegal weapons, than to the normal standards. People who want a good weapon for a cheap price ignore their own safety just because of their need for power.

How far must we go before we have had enough? Do our weapons really need to be so powerful that we risk endangering ourselves when we use them? I simply ask.

are they going to confiscate my JAME?

what about my nitrogena?

When you purchase a weapon, you must consider what its use would be.

A Rifle is good for hunting due to high calibers and extreme ranges, as well as assassination.
    A Shotgun is good for urban pacification, close combat, street-sweeping, and hunting.
    A Semi-automatic Machine Gun is for tight tactical formations, and urban pacification.
    An Assault Rifle is for seige, mass land combat, and formation fighting.
    A Bow is equally good for silence, and hunting.
    A particle weapon is good for collateral damage and accuracy.
    An indirect-fire warhead is good to take out vehicles and structure, as well as area of effect.
    A charged weapon, like tazers, are good for non-violent take downs.

If someone has the gumption to purchase a weapon that is obviously of questionable origin, use, or make... then the person to blame is the buyer.

If you fail to educate yourself on weapon safety, same deal.

And if your ego is so huge that you absolutely MUST have a BMFG and you have no forethought to what the risks are, then really... whos to blame?

The other side of that coin, is that its very important to round up all the losers who are selling defunct weapons and then force them to kill each other with 'em. Maybe then, you'll get some peace and quiet.
    Towerblock, 220/30/70 Engineer
    President of Steadfast

And way too many alts...

hehe, If I can carry it, it aint to big. In fact if I can carry it and MOVE it is too small
    Only through the exercise of free will can the soul grow; only through courage in the face of temptation and pain can the spirit soar.

Someone told me to stick my Shen where the sun don't shine. I'll hereby attest that our weapons DO pose a risk of self-injury.
    Theonara: "...but if I weren't married, some days I'd offer to kiss you. You just make too much sense. "
    Maeventura: "Sigh, once again I can but only bow for hyde's wisdom."

...."Social" keys, lightbars, wen-wens......Better tabbing!

... First Troxdoc with QL300 symbs (AO 17.0 pre-Albtraum guide) ... as well as first with 12 of 13 Alpha symbs.
    ... First TL1 Clanner with Omni-Armed Forces armor (pics) (pointless yet hawt)

<original UI hacker ... when not actively playing AO ... email = 'hyde [at] athenpaladins • org'>

the man...

is always keeping me from defending myself with weapons of my choice...

FREEDOM....!

hmm all firearms i guess, glad i stick to a good old sowrd, cant go wrong there...

Quote Originally Posted by Templar View Post
    hmm all firearms i guess, glad i stick to a good old sowrd, cant go wrong there...
    All the fancy locks, stocks, barrels dont take a candle to a good blade. A good blade will never fail.
    President of Steadfast

And way too many alts...

Quote Originally Posted by Bubbacrush View Post
    All the fancy locks, stocks, barrels dont take a candle to a good blade. A good blade will never fail.
    Unless someone shoots it and the weilder to pieces from a hundred yards away.
    Quote Originally Posted by kesh View Post
    I heard black troxes have a huge nothing.
    Berinda: Assault rifle

Wenona: SMG

Quote Originally Posted by Berinda View Post
    Unless someone shoots it and the weilder to pieces from a hundred yards away.
    Oh come now, darlin'. You know as well as I, if me and you were to throw down, I'd have to play it real slick-like. If you shot my sword out of my hand with your peice at a hundred yards away, the sword would be the least of my worries.

Besides, your gun can jam, or misfire. A sword doesn't.
    President of Steadfast

And way too many alts...

Are Dreadloch weapons considered legal?

Besides, your gun can jam, or misfire. A sword doesn't.
    That's why I always carry two or three options for putting bullets inside people around with me.
    Quote Originally Posted by kesh View Post
    I heard black troxes have a huge nothing.
    Berinda: Assault rifle

Wenona: SMG

Quote Originally Posted by Berinda View Post
    That's why I always carry two or three options for putting bullets inside people around with me.
    Which still tickles me why none of these options is a rifle.
    President of Steadfast

And way too many alts...

I'm assuming this means someone's found a way to upgrade al those sealed weapon receptacles--or maybe Sol Banking's weapons.

Quote Originally Posted by Smokethem View Post
    Are Dreadloch weapons considered legal?
    Nonsense, dreadloch has had a massive marketing campaign from billboards, ofcourse they are legal, unless you are one of those maniacs who infiltrates legitimate supply camps to steal weapons, in which case it is obviously illegal. I mean, would omni-tek allow dreadloch to advertise so prevelantly if their arms were illegal? I think not.

However, if you are one of the nutcases who steals weapons from dreadloch camps, and delays the better weapons from being sold legitmately, I despise you.
    -Ashram 202 ish fixer on rimor- Proud owner of Manta A.V.

I think the real question is; Are our weapons killing us enough? Could we do more to increase this? If a clan engineer designs a weapon that kills the user but takes down buildings, I say we give it to playboyfixer and let him loose.

*laughs*

That would revolutionize warfare in such a sick way. I can think of literally dozens of people who would willingly go to relcaim if all they needed was ample oppotunity, the weapon in question, and target to destroy in a single shot.

Hell, i'd even include me in that list.
    President of Steadfast

And way too many alts...

That would revolutionize warfare in such a sick way. I can think of literally dozens of people who would willingly go to relcaim if all they needed was ample oppotunity, the weapon in question, and target to destroy in a single shot.

Hell, i'd even include me in that list.
    Now that is sadly why so many think the clans are terrorrists, just that kind of destroy the enemy at any cost attitude. I am a Proud Member of the Clans, but I will not stoop to "the end justifies ANY means".

though I still Stand by my earlier Post
    hehe, If I can carry it, it aint to big. In fact if I can carry it and MOVE it is too small
    Only through the exercise of free will can the soul grow; only through courage in the face of temptation and pain can the spirit soar.

Quote Originally Posted by Peregryn View Post
    Now that is sadly why so many think the clans are terrorrists, just that kind of destroy the enemy at any cost attitude. I am a Proud Member of the Clans, but I will not stoop to "the end justifies ANY means".

though I still Stand by my earlier Post
    Some call it 'focused on the task at hand'. I highly suggest you re-think things before you arbitrarily decide on what is terrorism and what isn't.

Allow me to add, it is the responsibility of the patriot to understand the difference between structures and living breathing people. Destruction of property is fleeting, and often necessary to destroy the infrastructure of the enemy to force them into economic failure. That's warfare, and that's how it is.

I am free to decide who to call the enemy, and who isn't my enemy. In fact, I know several omni-tek employees that I wouldn't fire upon. I'd destroy the house of their master, but honour would demand to respect my enemy as well. Therefore.. destroy the symbol, but not the integrity of my enemies servants. Mind you, most people tend to think in terms of black and white, and they are more apt to destroy the reputation of the goodly-minded clans then anything that I will have to say for myself. If clans get outta line and start actin' the fool, feel free to spray as much lead as you see fit at them till they fall in line.

And vice versa. Even in warfare one can still keep an enlightened face, provided your heart is true.

Unfortunately for most of Rubi-ka, alot of folks seem to think its 'Zomgz wicked c00l!' to hand out assault rifles to children. These men and women I would also call my enemy, regardless of faction.

That is not terrorism; That is virtue by strength, and guided by wisdom.
    Last edited by Bubbacrush; Jul 23rd, 2007 at 18:54:21.
    President of Steadfast

And way too many alts...

pfft. who needs messy weapons when i can just summon a scary monster to eat your innards.. besides im a omni-tek employee.. i can carry what ever i want in the service of my duty.
    Nanomage Meta-Physicist : Squad Commander [Famous Last Words] [RK2]
    Interested in applying? [Click Here]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast