Thread: Freelance: June 29481 Omni-Tek Board of Directors Meeting Minutes

Independent Reporters of Rubi-Ka Editor: IRRK's Avatar

Freelance: June 29481 Omni-Tek Board of Directors Meeting Minutes

June 29481 Omni-Tek Board of Directors Meeting Minutes
    July 17, 29481 - Aleksandr "Nadab" Harkonnen [Atlantean]

IRRK Freelance - Have you ever wondered just what goes on in the board meetings of the Omni-Tek Affiliates? Have you even been curious about just those famous Directors and Affiliates are talking about?

Wonder no longer. As part of a new Omni-Reform campaign, we at Omni-Tek are introducing you to some of the high-level politics of Omni-Tek. To aid in understanding just what goes on when the elite of Rubi-Ka meet, we will publish the minutes of the June 29481 meeting of the Omni-Tek Affiliates.

This meeting took place on June 9th, 29481. The late publication of the minutes and the partially censored protocol are such for reasons of security. If you want to know every detail of it, take part in your sub-department's command structure and join the Affiliate Meetings. See http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...d.php?t=495315 for more instructions.

Omni-Tek of Rubi-Ka Board Meeting Minutes, June 9, 29481

Attendees:
    Darius Zeiler, Omni-Admin
    Ariane AJ Baljian, Omni-Trans
    Rita Prestin, Omni-Med
    "Max", Omni-InternOps
    Conner Rhees, Omni-Mining
    Lani Wannja, Omni-Com
    Lt. General Robert Rosuma, Omni-AF
    Eva Pourais, Omni-Reform

Affiliates:
    General Jimi "Virta" Hendrix, Omni-Pol
    Aleksandr "Nadab" Harkonnen, Harkonnen Exports

Jacobstroud: Good evening, and thank you for attending the twenty-first Omni-Tek Affiliate Meeting.
    Zeiler: Ok, since not many affiliates were interested to join us today, lets start right away. The three that are here, welcome and thank you for attending.
    Jacobstroud: I would have all affiliates note that proper meeting protocol must be adhered to at all times.
    Jacobstroud: Questions and comments may only be made during appropriate parts of the meeting. If you wish to ask a question during those periods, you must contact me to request an opportunity to do so.
    Jacobstroud: I will prompt you to ask your questions in the order that they were requested. If you ask your question out of turn, you will likely be ignored.
    Jacobstroud: If you are asked a question by one of the department heads, be certain to note when you are finished with your response.
    Jacobstroud: We will now proceed with the reports. If you have a report you wish to make, please send me a tell now.

Jacobstroud: The first report will be made by Mr. Harkonnen. You have the floor.
    Nadab: Thank you...
    Nadab: this is a report on this weeks activities by the NLF
    Nadab: the NLF started off this week by holding an impromptu Rally at ICC HQ on Monday. A small group of their members were shouting fanatical rhetoric and attempting to arouse the crowd to do harm to mining operations on Rubi-ka.
    Nadab: After about an hour of this, Omni-Pol officers showed up and attempted to arrest them... They were interfered with by members of the neutral organization Third Faction. During the scuffle, the NLF managed to grid out and escape.
    Nadab: However, before griding out.. the NLF promised to unleash a 'reign of terror' on Rubi-ka.....
    Nadab: the next sighting of the NLF was Wednesday.. when member infiltrated 4-holes and planted explosives at that mining site... they blew up the swimming pool... <snickers>....
    Nadab: The most recent sighting was yesterday, as members of the NLF appeared in Omni-1 HQ and attacked Commissioner Lee... Members of Omni-Pol responded and attempted to apprehend the subjects... I was involved in the fire-fight that ensued, but was sent to reclaim... so I do not know the outcome of the battle.
    Nadab: "done"
    Zeiler: Thank you for the report.
    Jacobstroud: Thank you. Are there any comments on this report?
    Virta: There was indeed a firefight between NLF and our squad. They were forced out of the area, but barely.
    Virta: Our force was not strong enough for the direct confrontation with the opposition. They were lead out by employing tactics and false information.
    Virta: That is all about this issue.
    Jacobstroud: Thank you. Are there any further comments?

Jacobstroud: Very well, we will proceed to the next report. General Hendrix, you have the floor.
    Virta: Thank you
    Virta: I was looking forward to meeting RUR representatives here. We are continuing with the investigation about the recent vandalism involving eggs. I think they may be able to provide some clues.
    Virta: We are not going to let it lie. The true perpetrators will be found and punished.
    Virta: Thank you. That is all.
    Jacobstroud: Thank you. Are there any comments?
    Nadab: raises hand.
    Jacobstroud: Mr. Harkonnen, you have the floor
    Nadab: Thank-you... um, General Hendrix.. I am not aware of this situation... could you summarize it to me later?
    Nadab: done
    Virta: There was an attack on our offices and..
    Virta: and Bazzit's.
    Nadab: thank you.
    Virta: And the store front for brutally made unattractive by throwing old eggs. Same as our office in Omni-1.
    Virta: There is only a small step from eggs to explosives. That is all.
    Jacobstroud: ...Thank you, General. Director Pourais, you have the floor.
    Pourais: I would like to back up a moment and comment on the situation with the NLF.
    Pourais: These reports are disturbing and I do expect it to be a high priority
    Pourais: Has their been any opportunity to capture any of them?
    Virta: Yes, yesterday. But they quite took us off-guard.
    Sergeyich: The situation is being monitored at the moment and there is an arrest warrant active at the moment, however so far it hasn't caused too big a problem
    Virta: Sir, I would suggest increasing our presence in Borealis. Involve the local population and get NLF running. It has been cat&mouse -play long enough.
    Sergeyich: I will take it into consideration
    Jacobstroud: Mr. Harkonnen, you have the floor.
    Nadab: Well.. with the exception of Wednesdays and Fridays activities, the NLF has been making most of their appearances in Neutral areas... when Omni-Pol does show up to arrest them, they are met with hostility and interference from neutral bodies, especially Third Faction. Also I was told that the Officers that did respond were having trouble getting permission to restrict Grid access in neutral territories from Omni-Admin....
    Jacobstroud: Any further comments?

Jacobstroud: Very well. Before we proceed with the assignments, I have a question for General Hendrix.
    Virta: Yes?
    Jacobstroud: Has your division of Omni-Pol been assigned to investigate this "sewer monster"? And if so, have you been able to discover anything?
    Virta: We are taking care of it. There has been theorems about this monster. In the light of the new events...
    Virta: we believe there might be a smaller monster in the sewers, perhaps the child of a gutterslug.
    Virta: Done.
    Jacobstroud: Thank you General.
    Jacobstroud: That concludes the reports. I will now turn over the meeting to Director Zeiler for assignments.

Zeiler: Thank you Mister Stroud.
    Zeiler: Max, the floor is yours.

Max: I have reviewed the information and reports concerning the attack on the Mining HQ in Clon**** that occurred.
    Max: We had identified that some files had been stolen at that time.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    For security purposes, this section of the minutes has been removed by Omni-InternOps.
    xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Max: Though we don't have many present, is there one of you who would be willing to make this commitment?
    xxxxx: Yes of course Sir.
    xxxxx: We are happy to take care of this,
    xxxxx: I will be available also, if the agent is unable to contact Virta.
    Max: Thank you xxxxxxx, your willingness to assist is duly noted.
    Max: Thank you Mr xxxxxxxxx
    Max: This mission will be very critical,

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    For security purposes, this section of the minutes has been removed by Omni-InternOps.
    xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Max: That is all I have to say for now.

Zeiler: Thank you Max. Director Sergeyich, you are next.
    Sergeyich: Going back to the NLF situation
    Sergeyich: Currently there has been numerous reports of them doing bombings
    Sergeyich: The one in 4 holes, and an attempted on in 2ho
    Sergeyich: As such I would like to ask that people make sure to carry a bomb disarment kits in case of future attempts by them
    Sergeyich: An report any such incidents immediately
    Virta: Yes Sir!
    Sergeyich: That is all
    Zeiler: Thank you.

Zeiler: Are there any other topics that need to be brought to the boards attention?
    Jacobstroud: Yes.
    Jacobstroud: I have an additional assignment for the affiliates.
    Zeiler: Go ahead Mister Stroud
    Jacobstroud: Thank you.
    Jacobstroud: With the increasingly chaotic situation on Rubi-Ka, it is more important than ever to maintain control of citizens, both here and abroad.
    Jacobstroud: One item of concern is being able to control the flow of information off-world. There are many incidents happening on Rubi-Ka that are not in Omni-Tek's interests for the rest of the galaxy to hear about.
    Jacobstroud: We are beginning the first phase of an operation to more tightly control this information. Essentially, we would like to make certain that what happens on Rubi-Ka, stays on Rubi-Ka. I'm afraid I'm not prepared to make a full report on it today, but I do have the first assignment of the project.
    Jacobstroud: I would like the affiliates to try to locate as many satellite dishes and high powered antennas that could conceivably be used to send a transmission beyond the orbital blockade. The subspace transmitters at Borealis and ICC HQ are obvious examples, as well as the large dish at Newland.
    Jacobstroud: The assignment is simple. Find as many antennas as you can, record their coordinates, and report what you find at the next meeting. If you are not sure if an antenna is powerful enough, include it in your list anyway and Omni-Com will be able to sort out priority targets.
    Jacobstroud: Are there any questions about this assignment?
    Virta: If we encounter unauthorized transmission devices, our orders are to blow them up. But we will record their location.
    Virta: No further comments.
    Jacobstroud: Absolutely. This assignment is more to locate legal transmission devices, so we can monitor their usage more closely.
    Jacobstroud: I doubt there will be any inter-department conflicts on an assignment like this, but if any problems arise then Omni-Com affiliates will have jurisdiction over other departments on this matter.
    Virta: Understood.
    Jacobstroud: That is all for my assignment. Mr. Harkonnen, I believe that you wished to have the floor?
    Nadab: Thank you.... I hate to keep harping on the NLF, but I was wondering if there is any investigation into the IRRK video that surfaced recently... apparently showin the death of a loyal citizen "Tindamir" and the destruction of his Insurance Claim... precipitating this perma-death...?
    Jacobstroud: Are there any comments?
    Nadab: The NLF claim that this person was attempting to spread a virus 'tailored" to nanomages.. I have attempted to spread disinformation of this through various venues.. even obtaining a place in the IRRK news as a reporter..
    Jacobstroud: General Hendrix, is your attachment of Omni-Pol looking into the death of this person?
    Virta: We have been quite busy with other tasks. But we are looking into it. Nothing report yet.
    Jacobstroud: Thank you. I will see you all at the next meeting,

Zeiler: Thank you everyone for attending today. I hope we will see more people next month. Until then, the meeting is adjourned.

sorry this was late.... editor problems
    Alexsi "Nadab" Stefanovich

Corporal Officer, Omni-Pol Field Ops
    (Atlantean)

formerly
    T-Sgt1C, Omni-AF, 4th Fusiliers RST, Retired.

If I'm the Agent of Shai-hulud, where's my 10% ?
    Roleplaying Profile of Alexsi "Nadab" Stefanovich