Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: First Annual Neutral Rights Day -- Saturday, July 21

First Annual Neutral Rights Day -- Saturday, July 21

Third Faction Presents
    The First Annual Neutral Rights Day
    17:00 -- 23:00 GMT Saturday, July 21st

On Saturday, July 21st, all Neutral citizens are encouraged and invited to participate in a celebration of Neutral Rights in all their glory! Our oft-oppressed and mistreated people deserve an official day to celebrate our rights, and fight for our freedom! Please bring your passion, enthusiasm, and protest placards to the Newland City Bronto Burger at 17:00 GMT. From here, we will kick off a series of events that will embolden the struggle for Neutral rights, freedom, and self sufficiency. In honor of you, the day will be hosted by Third Faction, Gridstream Productions, and a host of Neutral Citizens and Guilds. Expect lots of contests, events, protests, and twists and turns that might just change the face of Rubi-ka as we all know it!

The following is an itinerary for the day’s festivities:

Welcome Center – Borealis Whompahs
    Hosted by Third Faction and Gridstream Productions.
    • There will be a Welcome Center stationed outside the Borealis whompahs throughout the event (17:00 – 23:00 GMT / 1:00 – 7:00 p.m. EDT).
    • Event information and directions.
    • Enjoy the GSP Dance Party and Contests.
    • Celebrate your Neutrality!
    17:00 GMT (1:00 p.m. EDT) – Event Kickoff at the Newland City Bronto Burger!
    Brought to you by Third Faction. Click here to see this event's time in your own time zone.
    • GSP Event Kickoff
    • Refreshments
    • Admiral Nohva’s Welcome – The Importance of Standing up for your Rights
    • Guest Speakers
      1. Zephrem "Toog" King, Mayor of Newland City!
      2. Defense Minister Boltgun, Newland City Council
      3. Foreign Affairs Minister Berael, Newland City Council (confirmed)
      4. Science Minister Kozlorre, Newland City Council – The Neutral State of Affairs
    18:30 GMT (2:30 p.m. EDT) – Old Athen Grid Blockade!
    Brought to you by Mysts of Avalon and The Union. Click here to see this event's time in your own time zone.
    • A human blockade of the flow of traffic through Old Athen. A protest against the ruthless slaughter of Neutrals who only wish for safe passage through Tir.
    • This is a peaceful demonstration.
    19:30 GMT (3:30 p.m. EDT) – Protest In ICC!
    Brought to you by The Kindred, The Roots, and Wolf Brigade. Click here to see this event's time in your own time zone.
    • Protest at ICC headquarters requesting the removal of all Omni Forces from Neutral lands, and questioning ICC’s abandonment of Neutrals at the expense of Notum Mining Profit.
    • We’ll request to meet an ICC representative to speak on the matter.
    20:30 GMT (4:30 p.m. EDT) – Protest at the Clon**** Notum Cannons!
    Brought to you by the Nanomage Liberation Front (NLF). Click here to see this event's time in your own time zone.

22:00 GMT (6:00 p.m. EDT) – Free Borealis!
    Brought to you by Third Faction. Click here to see this event's time in your own time zone.
    • “Free Borealis” protest, and concluding speech by Admiral Nohva of Third Faction.
    • GSP Dance Party and Contests.
    • Celebrate your Neutrality!

THIS JUST IN!

The Defiant's Scavenger Hunt

When: Same time as the Neutral Pride Day Celebration

Where: all over Rubi-Ka!

What: The Defiant is offering 20 million credits to the individual or team who can bring them a bag of items matching the description on the list that will be put out on Saturday. The time frame is from when the festivities start to when they end.

Join this great celebration by taking part in a Rubi-Ka tradition: scrounging for Phat Loot!

Please see Knight236 for more information.

__________________________________________________ __

THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU!

Third Faction wishes to thank everyone involved in helping to make yesterday's event a huge success. As you can see, this was a tremendous team effort, made possible by all of the following people (and more -- please tell me if I've forgotten anyone!):

DJs Tarryk & Veldron (GSP) for Rocking the House for more than six hours!!! (You guys are AWESOME!)

Kozlorre (Newland City Council Science Minister and Third Faction) for his dedication and bravery -- We'll miss you!

Devdas (ARK Events Director) for his extensive patience and assistance ((and for some kicking special effects!))

Pheats (ARK Events Coordinator) for his extensive patience and assistance!

The ARK Events Team ((for bringing in the good guys... and the bad guys!))

Toog (Mayor of Newland City) for his speech and showing support for Neutrals!

ICC Representative Riechstain for taking the time to speak with us!

Latradeja (Third Faction) for coordinating the catering and keeping everyone refreshed through thick and thin!

Informer (Third Faction) for keeping everyone refreshed through thick and thin!

Churia (Third Faction) Department of Events & Planning!

Ramiana (Third Faction) Department of Events and planning, and for writing scripts and working behind the scenes!

Dannielmaire (Third Faction) Department of Events and Planning and for being our trusty Photographer!

Ladyariadne (Mists of Avalon) for coordinating the Old Athen Grid Blockade!

Pyromanche (The Union) for coordinating the Old Athen Grid Blockade!

Berael (Newland City Council Foreign Affairs Minister and Wolf Brigade) for her speech and for coordinating the ICC event!

Boltgun (Newland City Council Defense Minister & The Kindred) for his speech and for coordinating the ICC event!

Luzengie (The Roots) for coordinating the ICC event!

Nuser (NLF) for coordinating the Protest at the Clon**** Notum Cannons!

Knight236 (The Defiant) for his fun Scavenger Hunt!

Samp (Third Faction) for writing and giving out directions!

Qvasa (Elite Operations) for giving out directions and helping with warps!

Tonio (NLF) for warping services!

Iaito (Third Faction) for working behind the scenes!

DJ Dithyramb (GSP) for the great GSP Ad!

DJ Chaimera (GSP) for carrying on the party!

DJ Dani, DJ Kirasha, and Tastyvixen (GSP) for their patient planning!

All the members of Third Faction for participating and taking pictures!

All of the Neutral Leaders who supported us and this event during all the weeks of planning!

All of the Neutral Community who turned out to make this one of the largest events in Rubi-Ka history!

((All of the Omni and Clan Communities who turned out and played their parts!))

Nohva (President of Third Faction) for his leadership, devotion, and creativity!

THANK YOU! This event couldn't have been what it was without all of you. It was a pleasure working with you!

Kairi Leska of the Kairis
    Department of Events and Planning
    General of Third Faction
    Last edited by kairistrife; Jul 22nd, 2007 at 19:58:57. Reason: Updating
    Be the change you wish to see in the world. -- Mahatma Gandhi

Kairileska:60:MP:Retired President of Third Faction
    Kairistrife
    :220:Keeper:Squad Commander

Neutral Forever!

i might hop in just to show clanners support neutrals in neutralism

however blocking old athens grid passage might and will only result in retaliations from clanners, and escalate the hostilities, you could however do a peaceful protest walk through old athens
    Never knock on death's door, always ring the bell and run. Death really hates that.

If you are going to protest Tir, Wouldn't it make sense to do the protest in Tir?
    Point Blank

Quote Originally Posted by Kotts View Post
    If you are going to protest Tir, Wouldn't it make sense to do the protest in Tir?
    Yes and shoot at the sentinels when they come to us. While I'll enjoy that, even me knows it's not the best idea ever.
    Server first !!! Neutral Solitus Male Soldier named Boltgun to wear a short with pink spots on RK1 !!!
    N E U T R A L I Z E R S

Meh, if there is enough of you, it shouldn't be a problem.
    Point Blank

I really think you people need to get off the silverstone train. You have Omni-Tek taking your cities, disbanding governments, and killing you in the streets to do it, but you're still worried about Silverstone?

Is it just me or are the priorities here very skewed?

Either way, enjoy the rally. Hope it turns out well.

Quote Originally Posted by Astera View Post
    I really think you people need to get off the silverstone train. You have Omni-Tek taking your cities, disbanding governments, and killing you in the streets to do it, but you're still worried about Silverstone?

Is it just me or are the priorities here very skewed?

Either way, enjoy the rally. Hope it turns out well.
    No need ot be that self centered, we're only stopping at Athen for some tea.
    Server first !!! Neutral Solitus Male Soldier named Boltgun to wear a short with pink spots on RK1 !!!
    N E U T R A L I Z E R S

Nothing self centered about it. It's the painfully ignored truth.

I have no idea what terrible Secrets the guards at Tir are protecting, and frankly, I do not care. What I see as an undisputed fact is that they murder innocent people passing by, and that bothers me. I bear no grudge, however, as we all know how Soldiers carry out orders... "Secure and hold area", I presume.

We are trying to find a solution by making people aware of the issue.

It would be nice if the Grid terminal was moved out from Tir, and a perimeter fence put up, brandishing Warning signs. If you ignore those, you do so at your own risk. This solution would be satisfying for everyone, in my opinion. After all, there are wompas inside, something which should satisfy Clan needs with regard to transportation.

OOC:
    I think there should be more areas such as these... They create excitement (knowing that there are other dangers than mere monsters) and provide a richer feeling/atmosphere.
    Since I first got killed there, I have waited for the moment when I could strike back.
    Proud Member of The Roots ----- Neut 4 Ever!! ----- Oh, btw: Here's The Story of Stuff & the Most Terrifying Video You'll Ever See.
    My goons: Luzengie 220/30/70 engie ----- Luziciona 220/30/70 MA ----- Luzolja 220/30/70 Sold ----- Fixxii 220/30/70 Fix ----- Nerfentehs 200/29/62 NT ----- Luztrox 200/30/68 Doc ----- Luzargh 199/22 Shade ----- Keepluzia 174/24 Keep ----- Luzidoxa 150/20 Doc ----- Luzee 150/10 Shade ----- Bancorotta 150/20 MA ----- Luzillian & Luzimeta 60/6 MPs ----- Luzibank 45/5 Enfo ----- Luztrader 32/3 Trader

edit: sorry misread title.
    Thought it said animal neutered rights days.
    Im all for upholding the rights of neutered animals.
    Neuts on the other hand...
    Last edited by Gurudee; Jul 18th, 2007 at 04:58:57.

Neutrals can have their so-called-freedom, provided they have earned it...
    Last edited by Anarrina; Today at 18:32:45.. Reason: constantly mistyping someone else's name in an attempt to belittle them in harassment

The protest at the Clon**** notum cannons is not authorised.
    Engineer General Virta, Omni-Pol. Not in active service.

Roleplaying Profile of Jimi "Virta" Hendrix

Like we care for your paperwork officer. . . . seeesh!! Besides we are under surveilance of Dologhon, so not to worry. We will behave
    "Sincerity is an openness of heart that is found in very few people. What we usually see is only an artful disguise people put on to win the confidence of others." ~François de La Rochefoucauld

Quote Originally Posted by Boltgun View Post
    Yes and shoot at the sentinels when they come to us. While I'll enjoy that, even me knows it's not the best idea ever.
    so why not protest outside tir at the 2 gates... guards there might not shoot you if you do it peacefully enough

however blocking transport & trade access to old athens will only have Silverstone point at neutrals with more repulsion, AND brush you up against the hairs/wallets of Jacobi (and who knows shut down OA to neutral access too)
    Never knock on death's door, always ring the bell and run. Death really hates that.

I find it amusing that there are three events centered around Omni-Tek/ICC actions and one against Clan actions and it's the Clans the put up the bigger fuss.

meh go figure
    Alexanderw 220/17 Opi MA Current setup work in progress.

omni-tek deserves nothing more

They are more then welcome to picket Old Athen or Tir or which ever they want. I just found it odd that they are protesting in one city because of how another entirely different city is run, just because it's more convenient.

That's like Protesting Mongol Meat in front of a Bronto Burger, and then saying it's ok 'cause they are both fast food.
    Point Blank

The neutrals have finally showed where they stand, my only regret from tonight was that i didn't have soul ripping bullets when i killed the admiral...
    Rktim - 220/70/30 Omni Soldier.
    Imdrunknow - 157+/XX/15+ Omni MA
    Quote Originally Posted by IHaveHugeNick View Post
    Messiah has spoken.

yup we showed you that we can defend our own city now please get out.
    Thank you
    Alexanderw 220/17 Opi MA Current setup work in progress.

Quote Originally Posted by Alexanderw View Post
    yup we showed you that we can defend our own city now please get out.
    Thank you
    Seconded. bai bai.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast