Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Total Lamness Funcoms work Bump..

Post Kiryat-Dharin

Kiryat-Dharin i think you are the whiner you dont like people like me becuse i wont balance in the game... and you are happy with the funcom unbalance facotry stuff..

You need ubalance stuff to be good..else you suck
    and you know it..

what i whine about is balance..so shud every one and you..

Bump..

unbalance

He may be a whiner but he is right that you need to "ubalance stuff to be good"

This game used to be based on who could "twink' their character to use the best stuff. No more twinking, FC says. OE rules. Now everyone is limited to what they can equip.

As an enforcer, I can duel just about any profession and have it be a fair fight. I have great offensive (attack rating, specials, crit) and great defensive (evades, HP) stats.

Now..... if i can change that from being a "Fair" fight, to me always winning..... why not??

If you see ME, an enforcer with 11k HP, 3k nano, over 50% reflect in any damage type (except energy heh), 27% crit rate (15% LLTS + MOP + TTS + globe of clarity) with alloy staff and lead pipe, you're gonna think about a strategy to kill me. Not just gonna run into the arena hit a couple buttons and expect me to die.

Now..... take above-noted enforcer. Give him flingshot, burst, fullauto, and aimedshot and QL 200 ranged weapons. (courtesy of kaehler sleeves). Add the element of surprise, because "wtf? a soldierenforcer!?"

THAT is unbalanced.

The balance you're talking about is the kind of balance they had in Mortal Kombat. If you want to play a game the way the designers want you to, go play some player vs. computer game on Gamecube. If you want to PVP in AO you cant expect to come straight out of Backyard 1 and be fully equipped with everything. Don't tell Funcom to nerf other professions because they are better than you. STRIVE to be better.

In PVP, some people want to have fun, some people want to win. No one goes into a fight saying "Hi, im an NT, i will enjoy dieing to you because I know in my heart that you are uber and need to be nerfed." Just because you're an NT and YOU cant beat people, doesnt mean that other NTs cant. Just look at Gunnandahalf. Only person in RK1 with "Experienced" title. NT. I PVP for fun. Ask me for a profession and i will give you 1 "uber" PVPer. EVERY prof has one.

If i win, its more fun. So why not win all the time?

Its possible, why not do it.
    Last edited by Eedaba; Sep 8th, 2002 at 01:04:01.

Originally posted by Cudus
    **** you tecscope, go make a soldier and join them in their whining and nerf crying.
    Hehe, i like it when someone talks about balancing pvp and then some trader or doc comes and flames and say that pvp is fine and should be left the way it is
    Jecc
    200 · Nano-Technician

Equipment

- Every level a player gets past 150, they will be punished with less and less people they can kill
    - Make pure PvP server. 25% suppression in major cities, 5% everywhere else. And no level restrictions.
    One of my ALL Time Favorite websites when I feel down (It's beyond hilarious!)
    ..::Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music::..
    (Disclaimer: My actions, views and comments on these boards in no way reflect my ingame personality)

Eedaba

Your not so powerfull you think you are..Enforcer
    are easy to kill just chain root them!! (thats one button click)

But..i can see you dont care about balance..and why shud you?
    you have all ready the stuff..15 % scope..ohh yeah...50% bracer
    ( BRACERS WILL BE NURF NEXT PATCH)

When the scope will be nurfed and reflect bracer will have max reflect....you will be the one whining about unbalace becuse
    you cant win every fight any more..

Does who think balance is the lamnes..are the pure evel lamer..

Balance means every one have the same contingency.
    Crit scopes doesnt drop any more..so the price on the market
    is going up to sick prices, even a rich NT cant handle..

Hey why even fix explosits huh???
    let them be in game, thay make a purfect balance to PvP
    becuse this is not Mortol Combat..we have the right to be lame.

Let the Low light scope come back to shops..
    or delte them totaly from the game, ..and make good bracers
    drop more often or delte them totaly...

this is a game and shud be, not a totaly sick house for lamers.
    Last edited by Tecscope; Sep 8th, 2002 at 03:32:47.

Soldiers? Balanced? Man, you don't know squat. Make one and level him high, as high as your NT. Hell, try dueling with him after your 100s when everyone gets their uber nanos that make them cream soldiers. For you to say they're balanced shows you are just a noob to pvp. If not, then you wouldnt be listing all the 'unfair classes' all in one post, claiming points that can be shot out of the water by real experienced PvPers. Soldiers are going through a real hard time now, as are engi's, crats and somewhat NTs (from what ive heard. But i've seen a lot of really good pvp NTs.)

BTW how come you removed the edit that said you admit you were wrong about fixers and that nano shutdowning them makes them a 'lil naked man with a gun'? I think that says a lot about your opinions right now. Reminds me of when you bid 30 mil on my izzy's nuke disc then edited your post to 20 mil. I didn't let you get away with that one. =)

And for the record, that nano takes 40% of my health from me. or is that izzy's flame? All the same to me...
    Last edited by Stromm; Sep 8th, 2002 at 08:48:36.
    "A man is someone who has a cause he's willing to fight for and has a woman in his life he'll do anything to protect."
    -SDI Ssgt. Port, USMC, MCRD Parris Island S.C.

Experienced Stars "Stromm" Nstripes - Retired

Fun stuff: 1 2 3 4 (NEW!!)

Stromm

Well maybe i am abit wrong about soldier.. my point was that
    some time its not the class that are unbalance buf other classes
    that need nurf.. I have seen many good PvP soldiers around
    with MK shiled and Heavy Suppressor ( thay have all the green gun skills )

I dont have a high level solder so i just take what i see.
    Every class need abit extra.. and yeah NTs need a huge fix
    our Nukes is like fish in the water against Soldiers Heavy Suppressor ...so why do soldiers whine?

Trust me i know all about Enginers.. at 100 lvl i cud cast
    the best slayer droid..that does about same damage as a
    Caco demon..now we need to have mochams running in our NCU
    or our slayer droids get OE.. ( Metas dont have that stuff)
    I did a full IPrest on my Enginer..and his now a trade skill MoFo

I think you are abit mix up man about me chaning the post about fixer..that was totaly not my post at all, lol read man..read...

And about the NT nuke i payed from you..mony realy dosent matter when it comes to good stuff... Izzgimers lilte nuke is not a unbalance nuke..and..20-30 million its nothing for a NT at my lvl.

fyi, 3 of the skills - Burst, Full Auto, MG/SMG on a heavy suppressor is light blue for a soldier. not green. Thats why soldiers with novas generally are more accurate to hit me in GA than ones using river 6's. attack rating can mean a lot if the target has high evades, NT or not, and plays around with def/agg slider.

I also have seen NTs using heavy suppressors or flashpoints, while their attack rating might be significantly less, it is still an extraordinary weapon in the hands of anyone who can use it for the alphas. One using missle pistols isnt bad either when you have a nice LLTS. This means they can dish out partially the damage of a soldier, AND nuke/area nuke.

lastly, i wasnt saying the izgimmer's nuke was an unbalanced nuke. All i was saying is that those nukes come down hard on grid armor, which is one of the things youve listed as 'lameness.'
    "A man is someone who has a cause he's willing to fight for and has a woman in his life he'll do anything to protect."

lol Tecscope

Ok before I start posting seriously I want to ask u what lvl/prof ure characters are?

Just want to know if ure "quallified" to yell "nerf this, nerf that"

oh and btw: Im Wrangeline, 156 trader. I can beat all classes.. but not all people from all classes. ALL serious NT's can woop my ass. Guess u didnt know that? ALL serious Enforcers can woop my ass too. Rooting a high lvl enforcer with 1800 runspeed isnt "just pressing a button". Hell I even killed a 195 apprentice agent while having a doc AND NT lvl 160 on me at once BUT I didnt kill ONE agent 10 lvls lower than me cause he was smart!

Point is (as Tolbat said) all profs are good and all profs have a weaknes. YOU just have to discover what that is.

Trader weakness: lets use me as example. I have 5.5k hp selfbuffed, 730 on all evades, snakemaster with 14% critscope, 780 runspeed. Now lets use a 160 soldier as my opponent. I use divest and plunder on him (if he dont block them or I fumble). Before I could do those 2 he will have done 2k fa 1k burst and lets say 500 normal shot on me.. oh and 500 fling. Whats left? 1500 hp... now YOU would say but his weapon dont work and he cant use MK shield! u own him!!

well thats not true.. he can use a lower ql shield and still shoot nicely with a 75% gun. point is he will kill me without loosing hp at all!

what if an agent want to fight? I kill most agents easy but if I fight an agent selfbuffed at my lvl he CAN use 100% crit chance and enter arena and simply waste me in 2 sec.

ok since Im allready ona roll:

NT's can cast a debuff on me so I only get in MAX one debuff. at my lvl any nt still have enough skill to make high nano damage on me (and use gun specials while casting nano) traders cant heal and we have little hp selfbuffed so a nt can easely get my hp to zero with minor problems. NT's have highest chance of blocking my divests too. Not saying that NT can beat traders easely but NT's are one of the classes I stay away from (IF the nt knows what he is doing, like Jecc, Gunnandahalf and so on.

MP's make VERY nice damage on me with their pets and gun AND small nukes. I cant kill any of the pets cause they have uber hp by now so attacking the MP is my only chance. the only way to kill the MP is to root pets and stay away from them. Its not impossible to kill a MP but its not easy either. its all about tactics.

Enforcer... he has TWICE my hp selfbuffed 1800 runspeed with rage, mongo heals him.. nothing heals me! now divesting an enforcer isnt just hitting a button or 2 and own him? he will break my root before I can use divests (most of the time) so I can only chain root but all he needs to kill me is one fumbled root and he will kill me in 4 sec with his staffs. IF I fight a n00b lvl 160 enforcer I still need to crit 10 times to kill him. Its not easy but not impossible.

Engie? root pet and shoot the poor man.. engie need love. (tho some engies have found great tactics, god bless them)

crat? a bit better than engie but still not a problem for a trader in pvp.

doc? if the doc knows when to cast what he could easely win over me. but if he dont, Ill easly win over him.

MA.. all a ma need is 4 sec in range of me to waste me. my only chance is to keep him away. Now rooting can b broken so its not just to root and waste him either.

Fixer.. fixer have good evades and as a trader I have to crit to win. he has healing hot that heals all my non crit hits (or close enough anyway) when Im dont divesting him he have taken half my hp now its a fight to the death for my last 3.5k and his 5-6k.

I have killed high and low ranked players of all classes. Point is, they all have a way to get me. Some more than others.. where engie and crat is useally easy. We traders are good.. even without heal but DONT COME HERE AND SAY WE ARE SUPER UBER PVP CLASS u fekkin mofo!
    Last edited by Wrangeline; Sep 8th, 2002 at 12:49:51.

Originally posted by Tecscope
    Eedaba

Your not so powerfull you think you are..Enforcer
    are easy to kill just chain root them!! (thats one button click)

But..i can see you dont care about balance..and why shud you?
    you have all ready the stuff..15 % scope..ohh yeah...50% bracer
    ( BRACERS WILL BE NURF NEXT PATCH)

When the scope will be nurfed and reflect bracer will have max reflect....you will be the one whining about unbalace becuse
    you cant win every fight any more..

Does who think balance is the lamnes..are the pure evel lamer..

Balance means every one have the same contingency.
    Crit scopes doesnt drop any more..so the price on the market
    is going up to sick prices, even a rich NT cant handle..

Hey why even fix explosits huh???
    let them be in game, thay make a purfect balance to PvP
    becuse this is not Mortol Combat..we have the right to be lame.

Let the Low light scope come back to shops..
    or delte them totaly from the game, ..and make good bracers
    drop more often or delte them totaly...

this is a game and shud be, not a totaly sick house for lamers.
    you dont know anything about PvP.
    a lvl 197 enf whit maxt nano resist and a rage runing and have his slider on full deff is hard like hell to root (but i remeberd now that you are the one who dosent know that NR workes..)

so dont start a thread about Lamness of FC when u dont know how the game workes.

ok LLTS is in the game and they giw 15% crit but i can live whit that. did you c the new guns in 14,4?
    they are slow and deals a sheet load of damage. that meens that its hard to use scopes whit them. so its better to not use a llts whit the new guns

Bracers isent unbalancing. everyone can finde them, i have a som TL 6 bracers i cant use in my bank. so dont say that bracers is unbalacing

You say that GA is a lame item but u want them to nerf drains that toltaly onws GA. you dont have any good argouments in this post or this thread. and when somone tells you that you are wrong you start flaming them..

that make you lame
    w00p w00p!!

Why do NTs have highest chance of blocking drains? That is false argument. Divest sticks every time with 1k nano resist. 204 off from my nano skills, and weapons skill, makes me totally useless against trader, tested at Tir Arena. My nuke damage over halfed, the highest blind I can use is -139 to AR, I can still use collapsing barrier, but its not very effective as unlike trader, I have to be on full defence or he will land plunder on me, so my 6 second nanos are no longer instacast.

So on full defence I will shoot a lot less then trader who can remain on full aggro for the duration of this fight. While he still has benefits from drain, and I carry the hefty penalty.

Yes, it creates great balance in this game when you have 2-3 professions that have click-a-button abilitity to nearly completely disable majority of their opponents.

Do I whine, for sure, and I will continue to whine until FC acknowledges that there is something wrong in current PvP situation. If they don't listen to us, you will have only 3 professions left capable of doing PvP effectively. My NT would be a good implant maker then.
    Last edited by North; Sep 8th, 2002 at 13:24:59.
    Gailyn, level 200 NT, Rimor.

Feel free to check my post history (suggestion from Aaronb, since he seems to think that everything I say is wrong (mostly because I do not agree that this game should have only few uber professions, but 12 more or less balanced professions based on their individual strenghts))

To North

North, point is that a NT can easely take my 5.5 hp away with nanos and weapons even IF I drain. I faught.. Jecc I think it was and even when I took 340 skills from him by drains he still did enough damage to kill me quickly. If I had critted on all shots I would have killed him but I didnt so he killed me. He hit me with 700 damage nanos AND his weapon damage over and over and over while I struggled to land ONE crit passed his evades. Jecc most likely has a setup for fighting traders. He most likely has nanos rdy that fits the skill he has after my drains.

Some NT's win, some loose.

And STOP this "flame" "whine" thing u all got going. make arguments and try to make the game better.

u.. simply.. have.. to.. know.. what.. ure.. doing..

oh and btw most of the stuff u listed where useless pvp stuff. thats not how u beat me. Ask Jecc how he did it and come back and post again.

RAMUH,

Ok, I might be able to nuke you if you are on full aggro, but have you ever tried fighting a trader that is on full defence, maxed and implanted nano resists (along with 2x Notum Focus and 2x Fractured Sanity, along with the fact that you can get higher evades then NTs can.

The thing is that 2/10 nukes I cast will land on you when you have maxed nano resist at 1000+, while roughtly about 2/5 divests will land on me as a NT, why? Because that 10% in nano resist makes a whole lot of difference.

Not to mention, that after the drain, it is very very hard for me to hit you whne you are on full defence as my AR is below 600, while your evades are all around 900ish.

So I can't rely on nuke damage, as they don't land on you enough. I can almost forget about critting enough on you to make my Ithaca (below 600 AR) out damage your ithaca with nearly 1k AR.

My point is that when trader is on full aggro and I am on full defence, I have a very small chance of winning, would say 1/10 against NT vs. Trader. If we both are on full defence, I have no chance of winning.
    Last edited by North; Sep 8th, 2002 at 14:16:06.
    Gailyn, level 200 NT, Rimor.

Feel free to check my post history (suggestion from Aaronb, since he seems to think that everything I say is wrong (mostly because I do not agree that this game should have only few uber professions, but 12 more or less balanced professions based on their individual strenghts))

To north again

Ok, North. Thnx for ure reply

I dont have all the stuff u mentioned and I never take my def/agg bar below 100%. Im not 100% sure how the evades and agg/deff stuff work really so its great that we exchange info like this hehe.

If Im to uber then fix it. If Im not then leave traders alone.
    =)
    Last edited by Wrangeline; Sep 8th, 2002 at 14:49:03.

Q u o t e:
    ((OOC))

Pardon me for hijacking the thread, here..

But, Brion - if you don't want your mother to know you were up and on the computer at 3:29 in the morning - DON'T post on a forum that she reads.

Busted.
    Grounded.

From the WoW forums. best PWNAGE EVAH!!!

North i have a lvl 159 NT and i fight in full deff, i have no problems killing docs (if i resist the init debuff) or Traders (if i resist the drain).

what do a trader have if u resist the drain.. a light blue shotgun skill and nothing more.

if the drain dosent land they have 2 problems.

1, ther attack rating isent that good
    2, you will outdamage them.

so if 2/10 nukes lands and u attack him whit a gun (and refreshes your layers) you shouldent have any problems killing him. and why not use a blind on him.. its not that good but it helps

yes a NTs nuke should be harder to resist but we are talking about drains now.. and its not that hard to resist them if u implant your NR and fight in full deff. and u can change your slider afther they drain you (for 6 secs :P)

so if you nerf drains you nerf the Traders last thing they have. and do you rely want to Nerf traders to hell and back? do u want them to suffer the way we did when they nerf the Nukes range.
    becous that is what you are asking for
    w00p w00p!!

AWESOME nano tech rk-1 PvPers:
    Tolbat
    Kiltz
    Nediar
    Vergil
    Proco
    Nanobotz

Who am I forgetting? These guys are really good, ive seen them in action on several occasions.

Post Get a grip guys..

OK i am reading some the "flame" posted you guys posting here..

i can cleare see that none of you understand what the heck i am
    talking about..have you guys even read my first post? dosent lookts like it..

I am not whining god dam it get a grip!!.. i am just makeing it very
    clear about the unbalance we have in PvP ..looks like very one here, with there uber 14-15 crit stope hate me for some reason..that tells me all about your play style.. some of you think that useing unbalance itemz is the right way to go.. and you dont even know how lame it is...

lets try make it more cleare shud we.? you guys realy need it..

Crit scope make you do more than your max damage and
    shud be a rare damge ..not your normal damage output like you guys make it to be.. thats why its call a "Crit" damage and not normal damage..

Grid armor shud be harder to use..and shud have Lvl requirement
    on it.... the all "off defance" skill 260 i think i was for some of the lower QL ones ,not sure "so flame me".... and if you know abit about the game mechanism you shud know that 260 in all defence is a unbalance in PvP at lower lvls.. maybe not for nukes..but thats not my point here..

Traders debuff drains is another thing.. Some one else here posted a grate idea about shorter drain duration. That maybe the balance key for traders in PvP..matter of course nurfing the low light scope totaly from the game..and 5-6% scope its max % you get.. and not 14 or 15..witch is totaly lame.. + bracers..

I realy dont think you guys here care about what i say..and i realy dont care that you whine becuse i wont balance..

grow up and see the light..and you see that i am not whining at all.. realy high-flown some of you are yes..

I am realy glad that Funcom is the one controling this game and not the player who are happy with his explosits and unbalance itemz....

I know many people like some off you here, quit the game becuse you get nurf abit..like the traders heal.. SO? play another class then or maybe its time you use a better implant?

And to RAMUH:
    you ask what class lvl i am ? Maybe your blind or someting..
    but if you look under you all info you need.

quallified for posting here? you need to be quallified? quallified in what way for what? I know almost avery thing there is to know about this game..i played since beta 1 and know about problems in the past with PvP..

Wrangeline that name sounds familiar
    are you the Ganker that i kick from the guild ones? ohh dont tell me thats you.. i am so dam angry on trader..90% of the traders are gankers.. i made a Trader my self ones.,.with 7% crit scope at 30 lvl. He was so dam uber..to uber..or lame is the right word..kill kill and killed in every fight..beuse the crit scope gave me uber output damage other players with low drain skill all the way to the floor dident have a chance.. and when he ran..i cud just root him/hure.. to the player died from a painfull death..he/hure cuddent debuff him/hure self to get root of hom with expertsise becuse the skill was drained to dust..

Now..tell me wrangleine..that this is the balance you wont?
    and tell me its not lame to play a trader in PvP and that it is a part of the game that traders are lame and shud win every fight..

You dont need good implants..you dont need good wepons..you just can just be a trader + crit scope + drain = then you get the perfect lame substance......

some off you guys here try to talk about other things..
    please do..but in my case...

Case closed..
    Last edited by Tecscope; Sep 8th, 2002 at 20:05:36.

Re: Re: Total Lamness Funcoms work Bump..

Originally posted by Tal
    2. Trader heals were nerfed, they can't pvm anymore.
    This is so wrong it makes me almost cry that people still think this.

But I (and many Traders who know how to play their damn profession) have stated repeatedly that they still rock in PvM. It just actually requires strategy now. Those Traders who "can't PvM anymore" just don't know how to play a Trader.

--Tsk

Originally posted by Stromm
    AWESOME nano tech rk-1 PvPers:
    Tolbat
    Kiltz
    Nediar
    Vergil
    Proco
    Nanobotz

Who am I forgetting? These guys are really good, ive seen them in action on several occasions.
    Haha. You're forgetting Jules34, Hajk, Gunnandahalf, Tauceti5, Thecryer.. Probably some others. Watching them PvP scares the hell out of me.

--Tsk

Re: Re: Re: Total Lamness Funcoms work Bump..

Originally posted by Tsk

This is so wrong it makes me almost cry that people still think this.

But I (and many Traders who know how to play their damn profession) have stated repeatedly that they still rock in PvM. It just actually requires strategy now. Those Traders who "can't PvM anymore" just don't know how to play a Trader.

--Tsk
    /me sighs

Ok, for people nitpicking through every single little detail, I apologise for writing that. I apologise for stating something so obviously false to all the "good" traders.
    And no I do not have a trader so this was an assumption from what I've been told.
    Last edited by Talanie; Sep 8th, 2002 at 20:29:57.
    Daren "Talanie" Briggs

Achiever 93% | Killer 73% | Explorer 33% | Socializer 0%

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast