Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: Letter from the Game Director

This sounds really neat, Silirrion

I especially liked the thing about dust brigades and a little bit about the Xan as well, that you spin on the story in such a way.

I hope the services isn't planned to become big income services. I can't imagine too many would use them, BUT I am very certain that for some will those be very...important.

It all sounds so positive as well and I am happy about it Good luck and I am glad I think you deserve it

Oh, and am I the only one that find the silver surfer extremely sexy?

Quote Originally Posted by Krause View Post
    No Freekin Way. That stuff BETTER be aimed at 220's like Alb was. No way are they turning the hands down coolest thing they have planned in the past 3 years into some low lvl garbage :P
    Why not have it across all levels? High level camps in 3 or 4 spots, medium level in another couple, and a few low level camps.

However, whatever they drop should require an expansion to use.

Quote Originally Posted by WisebutCruel View Post
    Why not have it across all levels? High level camps in 3 or 4 spots, medium level in another couple, and a few low level camps.

However, whatever they drop should require an expansion to use.
    Well i guess they could drop some low lvl camps, but what their adding is a dungeon.
    Krause Equip

*** Krause's Evil WTB Thread! (Weird/Odd Stuff) ***
    (Items like "Lost Faith/Hope", "Wreath of Insects", "Chirop Exoskeleton Wing Mesh", "Small Jar", "Old Barrel")
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    This is going to get done if it kills me or preferably someone else.

hmm isnt trading virtual things (characters,credits,items) for rl cash against the rules? seems FC is breaking their own rules

Quote Originally Posted by Dexist View Post
    hmm isnt trading virtual things (characters,credits,items) for rl cash against the rules? seems FC is breaking their own rules
    Read the thread
    Krause Equip

(Items like "Lost Faith/Hope", "Wreath of Insects", "Chirop Exoskeleton Wing Mesh", "Small Jar", "Old Barrel")

Quote Originally Posted by Dexist View Post
    I will reference my own post from earlier in the thread http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...&postcount=275 but the point is the difference between Funcom offering content and an outside party offering copyrighted material it does not own rights to.
    Only through the exercise of free will can the soul grow; only through courage in the face of temptation and pain can the spirit soar.

Quote Originally Posted by Krause View Post
    No Freekin Way. That stuff BETTER be aimed at 220's like Alb was. No way are they turning the hands down coolest thing they have planned in the past 3 years into some low lvl garbage :P
    Level 185-200 isn't low level - unless, of course, you subscribe to the theory that getting kited to 210 is the only way to play the game.

Alb is a failure, imo - certain profs solo / kite it, and sell off the proceeds? As with the dreadlock items? So a few 220's make billions while everyone else has to buy the stuff off them because they have a monopoly? Nice game-theory you have there.

That's more of a failure than providing a nicely paced content area for fr00bs after IS, any time, any place, anywhere. Also - not sure you've ever done the PW commanders.. but they're fr00b friendly, and definately a challenge for even 220 keepers/advies & can't be solo'd.

Saying certain people have a monopoly on Alb is a little silly Pip, since it's team instanced.... But I still understand your point
    I made a reference to a fictional extra-terrestrial hive-mind race of beings collectively called Grthulox, and you need an indication that I'm not being completely serious?

[Infferno]: btw u are girl in rl or something ? To [Infferno]: nope To [Infferno]: 21 yo m [Infferno]: oki :> To [Infferno]: why? To [Infferno]: you wants cyb0rz? [Infferno]: stfu lol

Get to know the real Healyhatman at Healy's MySpace! Leave a comment!
    See the Healy the Atheist at The Enlightenment of the Healy - my Atheist Blog.

Quote Originally Posted by Pip View Post
    Level 185-200 isn't low level - unless, of course, you subscribe to the theory that getting kited to 210 is the only way to play the game.

Alb is a failure, imo - certain profs solo / kite it, and sell off the proceeds? As with the dreadlock items? So a few 220's make billions while everyone else has to buy the stuff off them because they have a monopoly? Nice game-theory you have there.

That's more of a failure than providing a nicely paced content area for fr00bs after IS, any time, any place, anywhere. Also - not sure you've ever done the PW commanders.. but they're fr00b friendly, and definately a challenge for even 220 keepers/advies & can't be solo'd.
    Reason it came to that is because people with cash are to lazy to go there and rather just pay for it...

Now the fact that some of us do farm the items, is only bad because we let people be lazy because without us they HAD to go there hence making it easier to get a team, but the fact remains, as long as they can pay for it they will, now if we didn't farm stuff for them we wouldn't go there anyway hence it wouldn't help the once that cant pay anyway, just as Combined armor even if it might appear different its the same thing if you think about it..

Main difference that if your the right profession you can start farming even if you have nothing before except some ofab armor, unlike farming in private Citys or inferno where you basically had to have everything before you could do it..

I think it in itself was a great success except for the fact that you cant kill the keeper in a "normal" team, that part sucks.. This game needs more items that sell for 20-100mil thats easy but slow to get to balance out the cash from people that have but are to lazy to get stuff themselves to people that don't and are willing to work hard for it..
    Rktim - 220/70/30 Omni Soldier.
    Imdrunknow - 157+/XX/15+ Omni MA
    Quote Originally Posted by IHaveHugeNick View Post
    Messiah has spoken.

Oh I fully agree with teh ALb thing, even though im a Soldier and can get instant team invites.

Its just not fair. No one wants to take melee for the end boss cause gettin in his melee range = death :/

But that doesnt mean the instance type is a failure, just need to plan the encounters differently, make the bosses warp themselvs to you, or you to them :P And seriously, dont make them Nuke :P

But no, noo 185-200 is not high lvl, not in the least, unless your a froob, then you did it the long and hard way. Thats like saying Adonis is aimed at high lvls.

The Dust Brigade stand to be the coolest dungon they have ever added, no way should it be a "stepping stone" place that you pass through and on by on your way to 220.
    Krause Equip

i moved this post to game suggestions
    Last edited by KingDuck; Jul 5th, 2007 at 20:45:43.
    main characters on RK1: Kingduck138 220 Engi Mongoose135 170 Agent Nnivekccub 165 Engi Kingduck135 170 Soldier Mongoose831 160 Agent Healdocheal 150 Doc Atroxshade 130 Shade Nanottwink 130 NT Mongoose144 125 Agent Ducktroxjr 117 Fixer Eternalguard 65 Enf Boringname 61 Fixer Kingduck139 60 Eng Atheist 60 MA Mongoose142 30 DocMongoose138 15 Agent Mongoose141 21 Agent

Exclamation Great!! But....

Ok im glad with the new anouncements, expecially the one about the new server and engine to get everything up to date with the competition

There is however still 3 serious issues that need to be looked at, now i know its annoying when people complain about stuff but im actually supprised no one has mentioned these issues.

I concider them really important, as i am a veteran player whos been playin on and off for 5 years now, even tho i dont have many alts, ive read in fourms, and kept in touch with the community, altho more in the background, watching, listening.

And again i know that when i say complaining its really just discussion and thats how it should be, again i must say congratulations on the work u have done and the work u are continuing to do and hope u keep it up.

Ok now lets start with the discussion :}

AO has been going for a long time now and as u know there is a thing called a growing economy, further enhanced with every new addon mainly. The problem isnt really the cost at what players charge for items, but the cap on the amount of money you can carry per character.

As u say you will be releasing content much quicker and more often than before, this will = more tradeskill items, armour, weapons etc. Now with every new item comes a higher cost depending how new it is and if its no drop or not, but also how hard it is to make it and then it becoming no drop, for eg this was the case with tier 2 expecially.

Now we get items selling for 2 billion or more, and really u cant carry that u need to make alts, and in time that could be 2 or more to get the money to make trade for item, this is time consuming and annoying, as now after 3 mins u go afk, people will think u really are afk, it brings less trust into the transaction imho, altho u implemented the auto afk for other reasons and thats fine.

So to raise the cap on the total of money to 5 or more billion would alleviate the problem some, im sure many see this as a major problem in the future, again with addons and froob accounts this is a major issue as ppl dont want to spend more on addons for an alt, with the froob char they cant use the gms.

Ok next we have veteran item shop, this is a great idea the only problem is the amount of time you have to wait for to get enuff points for such an item of use not to mention the yalm cost 7 pnts which on a new ao player can take years. Here is my situation just now ive had this character for 2 half years i lost my other 2 due to reasons i could not control nothing illegal or malicious or breach of contract just so you know, so i only have 6 pnts and to get an item say 10 pts will take another 2 years.

However for the new ao player who has never played ao before could take 3 or more years. Its just too long to wait for an item, and now u are adding the choice to purchase items for real money call them virtual items, this is a great idea as it adds more customization and personal identity etc.

Its all fine how you said it was gonna go but i feel to make the veteran items purchaseable via real money would seriously lower the years or months it takes to get an item which doesnt over power your character or anything but just makes it a little fairer in term of newer players and people in my situation regarding the veteran items.

And finally the friends list, this is probably the only thing that has never been looked at but its become a total nusance because everytime u use it the names disapear and reappear and u have to keep reclicking the arrows to expand and shrink the friends online, offline and recient messages for them to appear properly.

There is also no extra options to make use of the friends list more user friendly altho really just the bug to be sorted would be perfect, i know for a fact it annoys more than me and its been since the beginning of ao im sure

I hope you understand what im trying to say and maybe concider them, as i see them an important addition to the fixes and ppl would appreciate it.

I only say this to help the community and im glad we can give our feedback so we can help u to help us

Again awesome news on the new engine !

Ok next we have veteran item shop, this is a great idea the only problem is the amount of time you have to wait for to get enuff points for such an item of use not to mention the yalm cost 7 pnts which on a new ao player can take years. Here is my situation just now ive had this character for 2 half years i lost my other 2 due to reasons i could not control nothing illegal or malicious or breach of contract just so you know, so i only have 6 pnts and to get an item say 10 pts will take another 2 years.

However for the new ao player who has never played ao before could take 3 or more years. Its just too long to wait for an item, and now u are adding the choice to purchase items for real money call them virtual items, this is a great idea as it adds more customization and personal identity etc.

Its all fine how you said it was gonna go but i feel to make the veteran items purchaseable via real money would seriously lower the years or months it takes to get an item which doesnt over power your character or anything but just makes it a little fairer in term of newer players and people in my situation regarding the veteran items.
    I think I would have to disagree with this.
    1.) For a new player to go from 0 to say 10 Vet Points = 2 years 1+2+3+4 then they choose to spend the point on say a yalm (if they don't already have one) or a beacon, or some other item/collection of items.
    2.) If you switch these items to virtual purchase they will cease to be 'Veteran Items' because anyone willing to spend the money will be able to get them even if they have just started playing, at that point why continue with veteran Program at all.

Your other points are not bad though I think the Idea of increasing max credits could backfire by encouraging yet higher prices.
    Auto-AFK can be turned off at <f10> GUI/Chat.
    And yes Friends list could use a facelift as it has been around since release of SL.
    Only through the exercise of free will can the soul grow; only through courage in the face of temptation and pain can the spirit soar.

Alb can't be monopolized. If enough people want stuff without paying, then they can go even if every Alb farmer is online at the same time. Its probably the first place in game where anyone in level range can go and farm and have a reasonable chance of getting -something-. No city required, no way to monopolize spawns.

If its a failure that is due to its anti-melee nature, but even with a MA Doc and Shade (can't get more melee than that) I can kill 2 of the 3 mini-bosses without much effort. Just takes time.
    Theonara: "...but if I weren't married, some days I'd offer to kiss you. You just make too much sense. "
    Maeventura: "Sigh, once again I can but only bow for hyde's wisdom."

...."Social" keys, lightbars, wen-wens......Better tabbing!

... First Troxdoc with QL300 symbs (AO 17.0 pre-Albtraum guide) ... as well as first with 12 of 13 Alpha symbs.
    ... First TL1 Clanner with Omni-Armed Forces armor (pics) (pointless yet hawt)

<original UI hacker ... when not actively playing AO ... email = 'hyde [at] athenpaladins • org'>

Quote Originally Posted by Peregryn View Post
    I think I would have to disagree with this.
    1.) For a new player to go from 0 to say 10 Vet Points = 2 years 1+2+3+4 then they choose to spend the point on say a yalm (if they don't already have one) or a beacon, or some other item/collection of items.
    2.) If you switch these items to virtual purchase they will cease to be 'Veteran Items' because anyone willing to spend the money will be able to get them even if they have just started playing, at that point why continue with veteran Program at all.

Your other points are not bad though I think the Idea of increasing max credits could backfire by encouraging yet higher prices.
    Auto-AFK can be turned off at <f10> GUI/Chat.
    And yes Friends list could use a facelift as it has been around since release of SL.
    I agree with Peregryn. Vet items are not meant to be "fairer to newer players or those in your situation, Finn.

First off, they are "vet" items, meaning for those that have put in the time subscribed.

Secondly, there is no way to "lose" years played to a circumstance out of your control. Losing the password to an account and having to start a new one would be the only way I can think of, and that is not out of your control.

Lightbulb IC Your point

Well tnx for feedback i must add about me losing my accounts was due to gettin keys for the addons for free but i needed to make a new account for that. It was some other player who won unique keys and so i had to start a fresh,

as for that other time before:

I lost my account some how. I gave it a shot to someone who wanted to know what it was like later on in ao, and when i tried to logon i could but it said create new character, this was at the time when server lost a lot of info when fc was having major problems with the servers

Another character was reset cuz well i was new back then and didnt know i could upgrade a froob account. I cant say i have a valid argument for this one tho (trial and error)

Arrow You missed the point about.....

About the bug in friends list unless im the only one getting this but the names keep dissapearing and i have to click in a invisible spot to maybe get it to reappear

Quote Originally Posted by fennikishu View Post
    About the bug in friends list unless im the only one getting this but the names keep dissapearing and i have to click in a invisible spot to maybe get it to reappear
    No, I did not miss your point. No, you are not the only one getting the bug. I often have to open Friends list several times before it appears properly. As I stated before "And yes Friends list could use a facelift as it has been around since release of SL." aka your only point I agreed with without reservation.

btw: some of these things especialy in regards friends list needing some <3 should/could find a good home in Suggestions section of Forum

Post soz

sorry must of mis read ure previous post kinda tired and up still typing hehe

But yeh friends list suggestions bump!

Lightbulb

These all seem like very positive changes, though the booster pack idea i have my concerns about as long as its social items and small quests that dont add anything of any great power or importance as to unbalance the game for someone who doesnt want the pack i dont see the harm though i seriously hope in the future as unlikely as it may seem (though i feel these "mini expansions" may be a step in the direction) we dont see this turning into a "your only as Ub3r as your credit card limit" kind of game as in paying real money for all the better weapons and armour or even having an option to do so . But otherwise i think AO's only going too get better with age.

keep up the good work FC

Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 LastLast