Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Static Missions

Hurry up Cro! And stop that whining! C'mon get going, atta'boy!

*watches TV*

My savings are growing - I am averaging 10,000 credits per level I gain. Which means I'll be level.... 439 by the time I can afford a Yalmaha....

Hrmpf how typical again. I'm a doc so I'm afraid I can't spair you 4.5mill (even at lvl 104) but maybe I can help you with the NPC's, missions or anything. Give me a /tell in the game and lets try to get something working

Letah

Oh I see you replied that just a few mins ago; i just logged to sleep (am in GMT+1 zone) so we'll have to wait till tmmrw, ill be on whole day =)

kiss,
    Letah
    Last edited by Letah; Dec 28th, 2001 at 03:27:20.

Vhir / 215 Doctor
    Nynke / 205 Agent
    Letah / 200 Doctor
    Firerose / 200 Soldier

Yeah I'm back, no need to ask your ebay-check questions

Angry

God they still allow you on these forumns minng? I thought It was illegal for DaoC Employee's to keep comming and harassing FC customers.

Cro/Mirri KEEP up the GOOD work. Your kicking ass, let me know if you need anythign at all in game.

moOg and Richelieu

First: great job CRO , keep it coming.

I think that if nobody post some more info is because they found the same than you (i found the same than you) so why to repeat it.

Last night a friend help me with the Mr Gibs clue. He talks about moOG, who's in South Artery Valley. I moved there concerned that I was going to die soon or later. I took the asphalt road in the north corner in SEB heading east, zoned and steped into 10-13 OP.

There's Marvin, the cool bot :P, he didn't gave me any useful info (i have to take the ful log), and i aporached to the swamp area in the OP because i hear some1 tell that a swamp mob is there (because dunno where, but some1 wrotte that moOG talks about to kill a "swamp warden"). Due no activity the area was full of nasty deep red monsters (i'm 75) and i fleed from there.

Following the road east to look for moOG i died but a friend reached there and talk with moOG and with Richelieu who's beside him.

MoOG also talks about mushrooms but no mission, and Richelieu says he only wants to see away from him moOG. Although green for my friend (lvl 112), he was unable to kill moOG or make him move away. Also he found a "swamp warden" or something like this, and it was deeeep red to him (big mission if we're on the good path eh ?).

I don't have the log's, but i will try to have them soon to make more precise this info.

Thumbs up Way to go Mirri!

Gratz on your work bro. You have helped me alot and opened my eyes a 'lil more.

Keep it up.
    Kodiene
    Founding member of P.E.T.A.
    People for the Ethical Treatment of Atrox's
    PAINKILLR
    Mercenaries of Kai

"I personally think nerfs are death in an emergency patch. It is very cool to admit that there are a lot of things we can do boring, very boring in-game. Your input is being adjusted in some Fouls. I want to especially thank the players who WILL die.
    Have Fun! And I'll be seeing you online
    jonhelgi, designer - AO"

Azzno, these are not static missions, but just talkings of NPCs. It's been there since launch.

We are looking for NPCs that gives you a mission icon when you talk to them, and that gives you a proper reward.

You can go and kill that warden, but you aren't going to get anything special for it.
    *poof*

Finally free from this nightmare!

I know for a fact that there are certain MOB's that only appear at night in certain places. Perhaps a mission NPC is similar. Perhaps it not only matters where you search but WHEN you search. I really don't know for sure, this is just a thought. Please post if you find out anything.....

I posted this to another forum, so the context may seem a bit funny, but I thought it deserved a look here too:

When I tried DAoC, there were 2 types of static missions like this. The first was your standard quest. The second, and more abundant, was the task system. You could get simple tasks for delivering an item or the like pretty easily. That's what I loved most about DAoC... if someone had quests or tasks that were too high of a level for me, they'd tell me to come back later when I was a higher level.

Making quests(static missions) this rare in AO seems to be only pissing people off. If they'd make a lot of static missions, it would be a lot more fun. Not every static mission has to be some glorious and long quest. Maybe 1 in 15 or 20 could be something awesome. If a static mission is too hard for a level 5, simply don't have the NPC respond or have him tell the player that the mission is too difficult. I'm not saying every friggin NPC should give you a static mission, but there should be a couple per zone or something..

I feel a level5 has as much right to run a static mission inside of a city as a level200 does to run one all over Rubi-Ka... and there should be varying levels of mission inbetween..

There's no reason that static missions can't move around between NPCs either. You would prevent camping if they roamed a bit.. take a list of NPCs and a list of static missions and randomly pair them up. Funcom could add to either pool at any time.. Timed lockouts could keep people from hitting the same NPC over and over again too..

I don't know why I keep asking NPCs for missions. I've really given up on finding one, but I have it on my hotbar and try it anyway..

I've not heard a single person say that they received a mission (including a mission icon) from any NPC. I wouldn't even care if they didn't say which NPC it was... simply knowing they *really exist* would be a good start..

Someone ask Funcom if they've started their April Fool's joke on us early..

Arrow cro

I whould advise you to invest some ip in the Pharmatech skill and convert monster parts to plasma more then sextupleing your income / lvl even at LOW skill lvl's

(as a agent i can selfbuff that skill to 190 if i cast agent buff and fp Trader and buff myself again, making a nice profit whenever short on cash or bored (wichever comes first))

..about making money

I highly suggest not saving your creds at your level (lvl35?)

You get more cash for missions the higher your level and the further the mission location is from you.

You're saving about 10k a level?
    You could get 10k a mission at level 50 (aprox. lvl50)
    Before they fixed mission distance "bug" I could could get a Harrys -> Mort mission giving your 50k at level55ish. (i think im the only person who enjoyed the extra mission disance 'bug' )

I'd suggest leveling up to alteast 45-55 and then focus on missions if you just cant live without a yalmaha.

(...though, thats from a speedy fixer standpoint. I can't fight my way through a mission with green mobs, and nor would i want to waist the time to do that. I run. :-)
    ReetHead "Karrd"
    First to "hand make" Custom Refs.
    President of the late Fixer Coalition
    Member of Storm
    Impatiently waiting to enter the shadow

John McLane

OK, I managed to find John McLane with a little in-game help - *but* he won't speak to me, so that's a dead end.

I got the impression from Drew's conversation that John was a clanner - but he's in the middle of an Omni base kitted out in full Omni uniform...

Also thanks to someone in-game I had anopther chat with one of the NPC's - but again, nothing came of it.

Right - I'm out of ideas.

THe War Academy

Here's the two NPCs at the War Academy:

01:02: Siriusleah: hi andrea
    01:02: Andrea Machioni: Hi. Nice to see you!
    01:02: Siriusleah: what can you tell me
    01:02: Andrea Machioni: I can tell you about the academy, Athen and Sun Tzu.
    01:02: Siriusleah: tell me about the academy
    01:02: Andrea Machioni: I have nothing to tell you about that.
    01:02: Siriusleah: tell me about athen
    01:02: Andrea Machioni: I don't think I know anything about that.
    01:03: Siriusleah: tell me about sun tzu
    01:03: Andrea Machioni: Sun Tzu is a very wise man.
    01:03: Andrea Machioni: He is one of the wisest men I know.
    01:03: Siriusleah: where is sun tzu
    01:03: Andrea Machioni: You have failed to make yourself understood.
    01:03: Siriusleah: can you give me a mission
    01:03: Andrea Machioni: I have no mission to give you.
    01:04: Siriusleah: dust or clones
    01:04: Andrea Machioni: You have failed to make yourself understood.
    01:04: Siriusleah: wise
    01:04: Andrea Machioni: A wise man keeps silent with his wisdom.
    01:04: Andrea Machioni: A fool declares his ignorance loudly.
    01:04: Andrea Machioni: I think you fall into the latter category.
    01:04: Siriusleah: fool
    01:04: Siriusleah: loudly
    01:04: Siriusleah: wisdom
    01:04: Andrea Machioni: You have failed to make yourself understood.
    01:05: Siriusleah: hi sun
    01:05: Sun Tzu: Heaven signifies night and day, cold and heat, times and seasons.
    01:05: Siriusleah: what can you tell me
    01:05: Sun Tzu: If your opponent is of a choleric temper, seek to irritate him.
    01:05: Sun Tzu: Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant.
    01:05: Siriusleah: tell me a story
    01:05: Sun Tzu: It is a matter of life and death, a road either to safety or to ruin.
    01:05: Sun Tzu: Hence it is a subject of inquiry which can on no account be neglected.
    01:06: Siriusleah: can you give me a mission
    01:06: Sun Tzu: If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles.
    01:06: Sun Tzu: If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat.
    01:06: Sun Tzu: If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.

Ain't that Sun Tzu a messed up guy?

Anyway, I talked to harry and I am sorry for not having an actual log, but he just told me about Lush Fields a bit and not much else. Interesting part is, when I asked him about a mission he was silent and never responded. I asked in 5 different ways and whenever I would mention the word mission (and even just say mission by itself) he would be silent and never respond anything, not even "I don't understand...". To make sure he wasn't stuck i asked him a different question and he responded, but than again, was silent after I said mission. May be he was intended to give a mission but is broke? Or may be I was too low lvl? Hmm, don't know, anyone has any info on this?
    Major Shadowolf Marone
    Blade Corp
    "Leading mercenery organization in the Galaxy!"
    Position - CEO
    Rank - Major

Personal quote:
    "Your advertisement could be here"

Re: Camped NPCs

Originally posted by PoPRawkZ
    On the other hand I am in a guild who uses this "feature" consistantly alongside *cough* Gummizluv *cough*. So although I think these people are great people and all, they kinda invalidate my experience and level because there was no risk involved with their advancement. I plan on using this spawn point very soon as I am almost level 55+ and I want to catch up in levels with them.
    My criminal record file is available upon request. Just call 0-800-Po-PRawk-Z.

Bjorn Krovax was fun for a while. I leave to you the 'no risk' assumption when you are the main tank constantly hitted by this wall of brick. Then maybe this assumption was born because none in my group is either aggroed when I tank.

As someone said : "Dying is my job, and I do it good".
    "Donner à des millions une connaissance de l'anglais, c'est les rendre esclaves". (Hind Swarâj, ch. 18)

just wanted to tell u that to of my guild members have just got a static mission...

i will not tell u were it is yet... not completed it yet...

... try to ask them something else than."do you have a mission" then u might get one....

So how do we know when we have a mission?
    Major Shadowolf Marone
    Blade Corp
    "Leading mercenery organization in the Galaxy!"
    Position - CEO
    Rank - Major

Personal quote:
    "Your advertisement could be here"

well big surprise!!!!!! YOU GET A MISSION ICON and the NPC disapears for 2 hours or so...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast