Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Static Missions

Static Missions

I'd like just a simple *Yes* or *No* from someone official or else some hints by players who have found them - do they at all exist?
    I been running all over talking to old and new NPCs, asking them all kind of questions - with no result whatsoever.
    Any ideas??? I'd really appreciate it.

And perhaps a sentence or two of how these are supposed to work? Will we get a mission icon in our mission area? Will they be open-ended or on a time limit? Are they meant for individuals or teams?

Scorus

Well some folks in my Guild said they talked to a NPC and the NPC told them to go to Vesailles[sic] Tower. Well Vesailles[sic] Tower is in Pleasent Medows and when you go in there is nothing inside. Pooh i love the look inside but not a soul to be found.

I have claimed that tower as mine. I welcome all visitors tho, omni, newts and clanners. Come visit me sometime!

In reply to Ultra

HI i will come to your tower if you give me 20k in credits.

NPC's

Well... I have a similar experience.... not sure what this is all about.... I have talked to NPC's who told me to find a certain person in a certain place... I get there.... and no person

Anyone have any good experiences yet??? I don't care if you don't want to give all the details... just let us know there might be one NPC that gives you good info.

Same...

I'm constantly talking in leader-channel to other guild-leaders and so far *no-one* has found anybody who gives out a mission. That's really strange...
    Either everybody is extremely secretive about it (which I find hard to believe) - or they (static missions) aren't even in yet, or not working as supposed.
    If it is so - fine... I can wait... but I'd really just like to know instead of making a fool out of myself trying to talk to all kinds of NPCs who won't answer...
    Thanks!

Talking I thought this would be kool

Today i talked to a few Npc's to try and get a mission but they either said "i dont understand" or "no i dont have any missions for you", so i got frustrated and told one he was a stupid sh*t head, then he told me, "please watch your language". So then I /fliped him off and went hunting. I thought it was pretty funny, NPC's are so stupid, i love making fun of them! Anyways, if anyone does find out how these stupid static missions work, or if they even exist yet, please dont be an NPC and tell us all that you dont know, that just discraces you and your intelligence. The rest of us would like to be able to experience the game as much as possible. Thank you!

"I've had enough of you Icaris7, prepare to die!"
    "Shut the fu*(k up!"
    "Please watch your language"
    Female Guard did 485 damage to Icaris7
    Log Off.

Got a word from support. Woot!

Subject: [Funcom Support #131978] Re: (COMMUNITY FEEDBACK) Static missions
    Date sent: Sat, 22 Dec 2001 01:02:34 +0100

Hello,

Thank you for playing Anarchy Online. Yes, they are in the game, but no, I cannot tell you where to get them. The quests are assigned by NPC's that you need to talk to. These will be named NPC's and not generic "thugs". Right now there are only a few. Once we see how these turn out, we will be adding more into the game. Many people have found the NPC's and quests already so you might want to ask around in game. If there is anything else, please let me know.
    --
    Regards,
    Brian Lee
    Funcom Support

So yes, they are in game, but they are very scarce. Just run around to every NPC you encounter and spam them with mission requests. If someone founds any, please let us know.
    *poof*

Finally free from this nightmare!

Thumbs up FYI

I havent been able to play for two days but in the next hour I am finally going to log on and start my quest for static missions. So far I have the following leads.

1. South of Athens in Aegean there is a rhinoman tent camp. One of the tents has always spawned a two room mission with a generic NPC (I forget the level) perhaps this is the entrance to one of the statis missions.

2. A building in old athens has always spawned a 1 room or 2 room mission that was empty, gonna go check this out too (forget exact location gonna try them all.)

3. In Tir city near the north bridge there is a building that can only be reached by wall walking and entering a well camoflauged door. It opens up into a 1 room storage area, so I am going to search this out as well.

As for NPCs that hand out missions, none have so much as spoken to me yet. Most just ignore my questions entirely. Kinda strange for people to just walk around pretending you dont exist.

Exclamation My kingdom for a wiener!

There is a NPC in Newland Desert named "Stolt Jensomething" sorry not exact name. But you can find him at the OP NW of the bronto oasis, that would be coords 2175 1550 in Nealand desert, NE of Newland city.

When asked about a mission, the guy says "Yeah I got a mission for you! Bring me a wiener so I can get Heidi whatshername back.". So I've been loking for a "wiener" with no success. I take it his girlfriend is hungry and wants a hotdog sausage? Anyhow I checked a few Bronto Burgers and Mongol Meat stands, no wieners around.

People start searching! The hunt for a wiener has begun!

Plz post any results here!

Boltman the infamous Engineer

Talking Stolt Jensenbergs wiener

Have you noticed that this Stolt Jensenber is an atrox? They don't have wieners, do they? That's probably why Heidi Grunt (his former girlfriend) left him - probably for a solitus. Maybe someone could make him an implant?

Anyone seen Heidi Grunt?

Best,
    Embladottir

Wierd Npc spotted

I spotted this female named Susan Furore (I think) about 3 months ago. she is hanging out in a trailer park inside "poole" (in Galway county). The surroundings are full of mantazes so one should watch ones step before venturing in.

As I recall 2 days after talking to her I got the message "quest expired"...

go figure it out ya self.
    Malik "Zharatziel" Ashwell

- Freelancer - NT (AO hard mode on)

I found a high level NPC named Solomonne by the SW mine in Lush Fields. He is up on the hill NE of the mine. When I asked 'what can you tell me?' he said he knows the secret of the Lush Hills Resort. Unfortunately I was unable to get him to reveal the secret. I got the don't know answers all the time. What phrases do you use to make them talk? Some time ago I also met Daria Marie by the NE pipes, but didn't get a mission, and I didn't find Alfonzo either. Did anyone get a mission from her?

I petitioned, and GM Holt answered a couple of questions about NPCs and static missions.

The NPCs should trigger on certain words.

If we get missions from NPCs, we should get a mission icon, and to get the mission we have to ask around for it. It is not enough saying hello to the correct NPC.

They will give more information on the static missions.

susan

hahah, good luck talking to susan, she is now camped by level 50+ people for xp, the fact she is rooted & cannot move & gives 10-15k xp a pop is very appetising.

Found two talking NPCs in Souther Artery Valley, MoOg and Richelieu.

Rich needs a mushroom, I don't think they exist but you never know..he said the best mushrooms are found nearby, and that's why he lives there.

MoOg is a former OT employee with a grudge towards OT and swamp monsters. He says I should kill a Swamp Warden for him, but I couldn't find any. I found a Marsh Warden, but they are lvl 170-200 and the HP bar didn't move at all when I hit one for 2000+ damage.

Both these NPCs can be found at 1832x2548 in Southern Artery Valley.
    Vincent Stritzke
    Omni-Tek Rubi-Ka

Thumbs down Camped NPCs

This was a problem in Everquest too. People camping quest NPCs for experience. There is an NPC in Wartorn Valley east of Athens at 700,700 or something like that... he spawns every 10 seconds and a group of level 55+ people camp him non stop for insane xp. He is probably a quest NPC but I dont think we will be able to question him any time soon.

Simple solution, make quest NPCs either no XP or so incredibly hard they are not worth killing. That is... IF they actually are quest NPCs. I am going to be hypocrtical for a moment here - I think it defeats the purpose of the game is people can just hunt by standing around an NPC killing it over and over again for xp. On the other hand I am in a guild who uses this "feature" consistantly alongside *cough* Gummizluv *cough*. So although I think these people are great people and all, they kinda invalidate my experience and level because there was no risk involved with their advancement. I plan on using this spawn point very soon as I am almost level 55+ and I want to catch up in levels with them. /end hypocrtical statement.

Yes I think its wrong and verging on the edge of exploit, and yes I will be using it ASAP as I cant fall too far behind from my friends. As it currently stands, its a valid camp.

Here are the zones I've searched high and low (many hours) for mission NPCs asking them any keyword relating to recent events and mission types (dust, ross, radiman, terrorists, asassinate, find, build)

Omni-Forest
    Pleasant Meadows
    Stret East Bank (2ho)
    Omni-Entertainment
    Omni-Trade
    Rome Red
    Rome Green
    Rome Blue

So... as you might think, I'm really pissed with these missions.

Chances are, when we find them they'll be for low levels/bugged/broken/crap reward (or a combination of any of them)

yawwnnnnn... this is lame.

Ok I have a small lead here...There is an NPC named "Mr.Gibs" in Athen West, he talks about how he wants a mushroom, and he wants you to retreive it. He says the best mushrooms grow in West Athen valley and that's is why he lives there, just like Mrteatime was explaining....Except he mentions something kind of strange...He says he wishes that guy "MoOg" would leave him alone, and when you ask him who MoOg is he will explain it (I can't remember what he says).I have no idea where to find mushrooms so this one is still a mystery...

oh, he also gives you a Great tasting receipe for Mushroom Soup!
    Sepentura

"The future is in your hands."

Former Leader - Sea of Change

Originally posted by CaptFallout

So... as you might think, I'm really pissed with these missions.
    WOW! that's new, after I've gotten so used to the happy positive CaptFallout you get all crabby again.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast